Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

wylker posted:

FlowerChild, the manbaby behind BTW, has moved on to explaining to the entire community of KSP that they are playing the game wrong and they do not know how to have fun. He then kindly made a mod and explained to the game devs that they do not know how to make a fun game and what a great favor he was doing them.

So, just like how he did with Minecraft? :v:

Skyrim mods have the best the drama, but minecraft mods have the most drama. It really is a never ending fountain of sad laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I think pocket dimension mods (Mystcraft, RFTools, and so on), despite the problems they can cause for servers, are probably my favorite thing. It lets you have a kind of modest or strictly aesthetic base in the server's main world/prime plane, and then have your huge factory/magical laboratory/hideous stripmine whatever in a different universe, accessible by a convenient and possibly attractive portal.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nevets posted:

Big smelteries are also useful for melting / casting lots of stuff at once. I really like TiC clear glass, so once I'm rolling in grout ingredients I usually build a 4x4x4 smeltery with multiple drains & basins since it's so slow to melt / cast.

I usually build smelteries in a corner for ease of laying out a workshop room, but there's something to be said for putting it in the middle of the facility so you can put drains and basins on all four sides.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Alkydere posted:

Someone on the last Progress server did a lot of testing, turns out the best bow material (short or crossbow, and well longbow but those are just unweildy to use) is, of course, slime. pink > blue > green >> all metals for the parts that take metal/slime. Ludicrous damage, rapid reload rate. Obviously the ammunition should be manyllium or some expensive/absurd metal like that, coated in moss and all the nether quartz you can stuff on it, but the bow/crossbow should be slime.

Acne Rain posted:

So why does the guy who makes tic like slime so much

It sort of makes sense, if you assume slime to be highly elastic and flexible. You want the bow/string to be able to stretch as far as possible, while snapping rather violently back to their original shapes once you stop pulling.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My girlfriend got a laptop, so I might be dragging her kicking and screaming into modded Minecraft in the not too distant future :v:

What are the darlings on Technic right now? I recall having a lot of fun with Attack of the B-Team; I like the modpacks that have all the plumbing and automation stuff splashed together with weird poo poo like a magic system. I wanna introduce her to the joys of indoor lava plumbing.