Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

So I got back into Minecraft, breezed through Baby's First Space Race (well, until it broke), and picked up OMP-I to fiddle with. I found a really nice walled village (I quit playing before villages, so it was really cool) with a tower next to it that seems to lead directly to hell. I've got some kind of haybale golem next door that seems to poo poo skeletons and giant zombies and some poo poo brown lake that I think poisoned me when I fell in it, but I'm excited to try and renovate this tower/town as a castle base long-term project. There's a whole bunch of magic stuff mods I've never seen before, and I wandered into an area that made me start tripping balls, so I thought I'd best ask if there's any particular gotchas I should be aware of or if I'm good to just blindly forge ahead with landscaping and rebuilding this area to be nicer looking and not so gravel filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

How did it break?

Edit: No really. Since I'm updating all the mods and handling the todo, now is a good time to throw on issues.
I made the rocket but the quest book wouldn't recognise it even with manual detect and me putting it down and picking it back up. At that point I figured I'd all but gone to the moon and had a good catch-up on the automation side of things which is what I wanted, so I decided I was done.

Alkydere posted:

Are you playing single player, or are you playing on Stealth Archer's server?

Congratulations on identifying it correctly, it is indeed literal poo poo! You can thank MFR for adding sewage! It's used for making crop fertilizer, but really not needed (thanks to Agricraft, KoL took a tiny 7x7 autofarm I'd made last night and upgraded the crops so that it was producing 3-4 THOUSAND wheat an hour).
Just single-player.

That it is actually sewage makes me more suspect of the large lake of it that's clipped into the center of the village. Sort your poo poo out, guys.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Did you build it with a built-in chest or anything? I never had problems with a base tier-1 rocket, but I suspect one with the extra chest in it could have different data attached. I can check my detection rules and make it looser because of that, but I would love to be able to exactly reproduce it tonight and see that it's something I can fix.
No, it was specifically a tier-1 base rocket with nothing extra. It stuck with me because it took me several tries before I realised I needed to make fins for it (I just did not notice them on the NEI) and the only unusual thing I can think of is that I shift-clicked the materials into the workstation rather than dropped them onto it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

I run a small server for friends, and it's pretty easy to use Minetweaker and AE's own included recipe customizer to pass up the two major problems most people have with the mod:
1. Presses in meteors you have to hunt down. I remove meteors but leave the materials. Then I add a new way to get the inscription presses, four simple recipes in the inscriber using iron and a block of metal each. I have Metallurgy installed, so each of the four presses can be made with iron and a block of common Metallurgy metal, so stuff like prometheum and infoscolium. This way you still can't get it right away but the method seems fun and distinct.
2. Charged quartz is a problem to find. You can make a charger, which quickly turns regular certus quartz to the charged variety, but you need charged quartz to build it in the first place. Just add (or replace) a recipe that doesn't need charged quartz, maybe more expensive to make up for it.

Those are really the only two early obstacles, so once that's out of the way you're good to go.
I've never had a problem with Charged Quartz, but in my OMPi solo map I've gone through 3 loving meteors and am still missing a Logic inscription. Like, make the recipe expensive if necessary for "balance", but man it's a pain in the rear end having it entirely depend on random chance that sees me spending multiple in-game days travelling and excavating across the map for a simple roll of the dice as to whether I get to do build a thing. To add insult to injury, failure means you get to spend ages digging out the entire useless meteor.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That was just my personal experience, not meant as a dismissal. I do agree that there's no particular reason to gate charging quartz behind having charged quartz any more than there is to gate inscriptions behind farming meteor chests.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yep -

StealthArcher posted:

Update to 2.2.2_1FC, this is an issue with the old version of COFHTweaks we use, it's not useful for everyone. The FC variant adds fastcraft back in until i can get the newer version to work with our stuff.
Or roll back to 2.2.1, which is what I did.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thermal Dynamics Servos have the blacklist/whitelist feature built into them, with varying slots depending on what tier they are. To access it you right-click on the servo with an empty hand.

The pipes should output or input automatically based on what the block setting for that face is. If it's a block that doesn't have face-settings then it will only input unless you put a servo to pull from it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I was going to say, I had to do that because I have an old 120G SSD that's starting to creak under the weight of my Program Files contents, but what possible reason is there to partition anymore?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Anybody who suggests that not having a crafting process for the processor set integral to the mod is fun and interesting is literal blockhitler.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

How do you automate the crafting process for something that literally has no crafting recipe by default?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sorry, I was referring to this step:

Goncyn posted:

3. use either ae2's built-in custom recipes feature or minetweaker to add normal crafting table recipes for the three processors
Assuming Goncyn was referring to the inscription presses.