Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I've been trying to get into minecraft tech mods forever but I always end up giving up because it seems like every time I play there are 50 different machines I either need and don't know about or think I need but could actually do it in five minutes with this other method.

I tried Blightfall but I ended up getting bored with it because the HQM mechanic, which I thought would help me understand the game and tech mods better, ended up being something I was doing because I felt like I should, not because I had any real desire to.

Can someone point me in a direction? For the record, I would rather tear my own head off than go through right clicking on poo poo infinitely with the stupid loving ring again. I just wanna automate all the things.

E: It also doesn't help that my computer has a piece of garbage for a CPU.

ComradePyro fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I know how to smeltery and the basics of ore processing and that's about where I quit usually because I just KNOW there are ten million things I could do from there but I never know what any of them are. I liked Blightfall because it gave me a clear sense of direction but also hated the living gently caress out of it because thaumcraft is annoying and grindy as all hell.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
NEI has a cheat mode.

quote:

This is what BFSR (baby's first space race) is for! You should really play it. Or wait for rocko to finish the update and then play it.

Launching this now, goon-made videogame stuff has never failed me before.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
Yeah, BFSR is exactly what I was looking for, this is loving awesome Rocko. I have yet to be tempted to cheat and that's a very good sign!

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

TheresaJayne posted:

The OreGen is like crazy though. Gold and redstone on the surface, not found diamond yet, and I had to cheat in a Lava fabricator as i went through more picks than jimmy hendrix on a caffeine drip and still didnt find a lava pool at lvl 12.

Opposite experience. Found like 30 diamonds ezpz, lava everywhere (it shows on the map underground and there are pools on the surface, not sure how you had a hard time), no redstone near the surface (meteor crater full of exposed iron and copper and tin and poo poo though) and I haven't had a problem repairing my cobblestone pick repeatedly (are you using TC picks?)

I've got my smeltery up and running and am just getting into the technical stuff, it seems very cool so far.

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
re: iron chests chat

I really liked having bigger chests and I would probably rather tear out my hair than set up 40 drawers/barrels in order to not have 10 different chests before I got my ME network set up. Figured my perspective would be worth something since I am apparently the exact target audience of BFSR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009
I'm playing through obscurity, it's kinda cool, but how the gently caress am I supposed to capture a Blizz alive? The lasso doesn't do poo poo.