Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009

Magres posted:

I think so, there's a timer at the bottom of the screen that finishes about 44.5 hours from now, and the thing at the top indicates that there's 6 days of promo stuff, so Day 5 tomorrow, Day 6 Wednesday, then release on Thursday, hopefully.

Also from the Day 3 stuff from the middle cryo pod, it looks like they may have added some new tainted enemies cause one of the lines is "Oh, hey, I think I see one of the unclassified fauna. It's in the river, coming towards me. Looks like it might be passive. Some sort of bird, maybe." Whelp there goes my standard plan of hide in the water. On the bright side, new weapons maybe, the Day 4 log talks about a needle rifle, which sounds cool.

Tainted Chickens have always been a thing in Thaumcraft. Psure i recall them chasing me in water too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
can someone point out where i can find some promethium under Biodome Alpha or the Shrine so i can start upgrading? Dug like 400 cobble so far with flint and not found any of it.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
so, i'm starting up Obscurity and it certainly is a thing. Does anyone have suggestions for making a safeish area to start from when i'm running into things like Blizzes camping the edge of my interdiction torch? I'm not missing anything obvious near the machine that holds the Emergency Supply chest, am i? Going down the hole is nothing but doom.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009

Mr. Peepers posted:

I would find BC pipes much less irritating if they let you directly control what pipes connect to what instead of having to use different materials to manage connections, which don't always have the specific rules you want. For example in Regrowth I want to have a chest I can dump all my harvested essences into and then a pipe system to automatically store them in a wall of drawers I have set up. I need to use clay pipes to make sure the essences always enter the storage instead of continuing through the sorting system, but clay pipes connect to adjacent clay pipes. That means I can't make a 2- or 3-high by x-long wall of drawers because it's possible for the item's random pathing to take an extremely long time to find the right storage drawer. Whereas if I could manage connections manually, I could easily set up a route that prevents loops and quickly hits every drawer in sequence.

you can sorta get around this problem by slapping a drawer controller into your wall of drawers and piping everything into that. It'll automatically send anything you pipe into it to the right drawers that're connected to it, and i think it'll even send things to empty drawers if theres no room in existing marked drawers or they're full.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009

Mr. Peepers posted:

Yeah, I put making the third transmutation stone on hold to work on some of the other questlines, including the one to make a blast furnace. And to sort out storage before I became even more overwhelemed by a whole new tier of materials to manage.

Speaking of regrowth questlines, what unlocks the Make A Blast Furnace and presumably other Railcraft/Forestry Machine related quests? I've already done the Make A Coke Oven thing, and if you've not even made the third stone yet then i must be missing something, since i already have diamonds from there.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
More Regrowth Crap: Am i correct in saying that my auto-harvesting options only consist of the following:

1)Golems, which is locked behind greatwood, which i understand is locked behind the Distillery which needs a Botania Dragonstone, which i believe requires the Elven Gateway, which needs Terrasteel which needs a whole buttload of mana for even a single piece. Botania mana generation options would seem to ideally require some form of auto-harvesting to keep my Gourmalily constantly fed without me having to run around harvesting things constantly, or possibly making leaves to feed to a Munchdew via some means of placing the things.

2)BC Robots, which by my count requires something like 11 million RF to make, which is a bit of a ask for my Railcraft boiler that only makes enough steam to do 360 RF/tick and absolutely DEVOURS coal. Probably not too difficult to be self-sustaining , but it'd seem to require two hours worth of chopping down trees and harvesting coal essence to fire up the boiler long enough to get the two robots i'd need to automate that process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

The lasers and assembly table gate out higher tier progression (and the most reliable form of autofarming, forestry multifarms.)

I powered all my stuff with a 2x2x2 high pressure boiler fed by 10 coke ovens, using botania's conjuration catalyst to dupe coal. (This is net mana positive after converting the coal to coal coke and feeding a field of endoflames the resultant coal coke blocks.)

well, technically its not gated behind the assembly tables and such if you're willing to delve into Bees far enough to get your Saltpeter from Hazardous Bees. The Common-Imperial line of bees all demand temperate environments to do their thing in, though, and having to reset their enviromental tolerances in the Acclimitizer every time a bee mutates to something new gets really old quite quickly. I'd like to change the biome, but getting the materials for a Rite Of Shifting Seasons looks to be a GIGANTIC pain, especially since i've not seen a single Coven Witch out of the 4 i'd need anywhere. Does that Rite Of Summoning for a witch get me a good witch or an evil one?