Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

StealthArcher posted:

So Mine/ModTweaker doesn't seem able to modify Thermex recipes for the machines anymore. Anybody ever worked with adding them another way? *Is* there another way?

E: Yes, this was tried with most recent updates with both, B:AllowRecipeOverwrite=true is set for all the relevant machines.

I've tried messing more with this, but I've still got nothing to show for it. Would really like my MTweak stuff for the new OMPi version to work. Nobody knows anything about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Ok how about the frame blocks are HC's surrounded by wool so that would be 16 emeralds, 64 diamonds, 64 ghast tears, 64 wool

that is if you make the 16 color
9 emeralds, 36 diamonds, 36 ghast tears if you make the smallest one Plus the Pattern Buffer (controller)

Please also make sure that you need to place it and let it attune for one real time year, if you log off, move near it, look at it, look away from it or exist it explodes, destroys your world, corrupts your entire HDD after loading it with cp and calling the cops.

I mean, gotta balance being able to *gasp* traverse distances.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ego Trip posted:

Is there a server version of OMP-i 2.5.0 anywhere?

No. I'll be making one when I get back from watching Jurassic world.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

The worst thing the FTB launcher ever did was force your modpack to get approved before it would run on it.

Bu bu blub butt my permissions :qq: :qq:

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Enzer posted:

So you know how people always bitch that Mojang should just rewrite Minecraft in another language? They just announced Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta Edition which is an updated and ported version of the MCPE version that runs on C++ and uses DX11 instead of GLES.

I think this version is being maintained by the MCPE and Console devs since this versions is what will be what is run on Windows/Mac/Windows Phone/iOS/Andrioid/Xbox360/XBone/PS3/PS4/PSVita and will be the platform that MS was talking about for XBox Live integration shortly after they bought Mojang. They are also apparently boasting about player feedback via an in-game feedback mechanism, but I'll believe that when I see it.

The Java version will still be worked on via the main dev team and will continue to work in the Windows 10 environment, people who own the Java PC version will get the Windows 10 Beta version for free, otherwise its ten bucks. Tommo, the MCPE main dev, states that there are no plans for mod integration and support for now, so don't expect a modding API if they don't have something in mind from the beginning.

Honestly I feel this is a bit silly, but I guess having a platform that has a standardization of content between versions is nice and I guess this means Tommo will be getting better support which is good since he has kicked back a few improvements to the PC editions code to Jeb.

Anything to get people on that sweet, sweet ecosystem. Gotta prop up the Bone as it droops lower and lower.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

mechaet posted:

The selection process was prioritized in this order:

Slower progression by default

ProjectE

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

... unless you look at the source code. :v: (open sores mod)

Should really get that checked out.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

OMP Sigma But I highly suggest you remove a bunch of useless mods from it and update others if you plan on playing solo.

Mods I recommend removing

Headcrumbs
Morph
Zelda Sword Skills
Darkness mod something (makes darkness really really dark)
Hats

and a few others I can't remember.

As with i or TFR, best be waiting. A new Sigma version is in the works.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ambaire posted:

Isn't Morph the one that lets you transform into mobs you kill? That's an amazing mod and you should never remove it. Or is it one of those edge cases where Morph is another mod and the Morph thing is named differently?

He's probably cryin bout his Balance.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

its the same as a vanilla chest next to a slab crafting table.

I think he means recrafting pieces. Which I did not know either.

S'Actually gonna throw a wrench in one of my BTD tenets.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Nolanar posted:

A goon made Baby's First Space Race as a tech pack. I have no idea how servers work, so I can't help there.

To compound, I make all 3 of the omp packs pretty much alone, between shifts and bouts with ADHD.

Also Sigma has like no tech. At all. Also it loooooooooves death.

Sigma is also being updated after a five month hiatus, which means a lot of stuff had config structures changed, outdated or the stuff I put in them is obsolete. It's meant to have loot that's worth a drat, so it takes a long time to do.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

I'm still somewhat sad we didn't sue his rear end back over false DMCA claims.

But then, it'd have been pointless. Watching him squirm his rear end off in a court looking like that would be worth it.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 31, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

CovertJaguar looks visibly upset.

Well, he's a modder and so is KL. The difference is KL is a Doctorate, he's a shlub in his parent's basement seding out false DMCAs and bitching about his modders' rights.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

That is my fault, I left a combined COFHtweaks/fascraft setup in. 3.0.2_FIX is up.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

door.jar posted:

Yeah, trying to view recipes in NEI crashes my OMPi single player too.
Stack Trace:
http://pastebin.com/qwz3b3Qr

Thaumcraft NEI was the culprit, mod dev in particular in his own words "I refuse to work with any NEI other than the reccomended, please downgrade." So gently caress him.

E: Added Thaumic NEI, a nearly identical duplicate with a dev who is willing to do something other than bitch. :V

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 7, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The Journey Fraternity posted:

Technic platform peeps, there seems to be a bug where if the pack is unavailable, the pack page throws an error that you guys claim to own.

Using omp-I for reference.

Admittedly, not their fault here. The server that ompi's solder install is on is suspended because I'm stuck broke till work pays me due to my previous landlord playing keepsies with my deposit and ignoring calls.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

MineCraft Modding: From Big Bee to Big Tree, overpowered by our Industry.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

New Botania Changelog posted:

Changed the "no mana killzone" of the Dandelifeon from a 5x5 to a 7x7. To be honest, I really don't know where I'm going with this one. It's seeming to me like it's a failed experiment, as the optimal build always ends up being a really simple thing, which I'm not a big fan of. I'm just trying various things and seeing what sticks. I might end up removing it alltogether.

TBH, Vazkii, you seem to have no idea how the game of life works if you're honestly surprised about this. Or Minecraft for that matter.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Oh my God.

http://blog.asie.pl/a-tale-of-joules.html
He actually replied to us.

quote:

EDIT (15/10/2015): Apparently SomethingAwful got around to my post. Sadly, as all my information from SomethingAwful comes from external, anonymous sources, I can only reply here.

@Bhodi - Yes, "easy to use with no annoying side effects" is irresistible. I mean, who uses theharder thing in a modpack? They only use it if it offers a distinct advantage, and power creep and the ever-increasing rate of both RF generation and consumption is something almost every mod developer complains about, including KingLemming.

@Glory of Arioch - RailCraft is actually quite enjoyed for its cart automation which nobody quite got right. Forestry less so, as many people just replace it with MFR or something - but the SMP trade system is something to beat.

@Sage Grimm - >mentions multiple mods I'd miss on MJ >you clearly never cared.

@Taffer - It might be, because I changed my mind on some things after testing them. If you monitored the BC releases, 7.1.3 added the pulsating system and 7.1.4 removed it again during the beta development process.

@Khorne - It makes some sense, because implementing packets on RF is not very possible as most machines limit RF/t, not RF/p. This would cause problems with mod interoperability.

Proudly powered by Pelican, which takes great advantage of Python.

If I wasn't at work id write up a reply back, but gently caress it I'll do it when I'm off.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Bahahaha

Chumpass Motherfucker with no balls posted:

[B#328] [06:30:03] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: DRAGONAPI: The line 'recipes.addShapeless(<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_compacts:3>,[<ExtraUtilities:bedrockiumIngot>]);' has been commented out of the Minetweaker script, as RotaryCraft has requested to disallow such actions. This is NOT a bug in either that mod or Minetweaker; do not bother StanHebben with it. You may ask the developer of RotaryCraft for further questions or to request a removal. Be civil.
[B#328] [06:30:03] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: DRAGONAPI: The line 'recipes.addShapeless(<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:33>,[<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_modextracts:87>]);' has been commented out of the Minetweaker script, as RotaryCraft has requested to disallow such actions. This is NOT a bug in either that mod or Minetweaker; do not bother StanHebben with it. You may ask the developer of RotaryCraft for further questions or to request a removal. Be civil.
[B#328] [06:30:03] [Client thread/INFO] [FML]: DRAGONAPI: The line 'recipes.addShapeless(<RotaryCraft:rotarycraft_item_extracts:33>,[<Magneticraft:item.dust:4>]);' has been commented out of the Minetweaker script, as RotaryCraft has requested to disallow such actions. This is NOT a bug in either that mod or Minetweaker; do not bother StanHebben with it. You may ask the developer of RotaryCraft for further questions or to request a removal. Be civil.

Yep, really making Minetweaker the best it can be alright. Didn't know a modification was so sacred as to prevent a modification modification from modifying MY SPECIAL VISION modification.

It can't detect doing the exact same thing with a 1 RF recipe in the Pulveriser, so I just did that, suck it dooooooown Reika.

Double Suck it down: If you're reading this and honestly get salty enough over this to patch that out, I can just use Numina, as Claire is gonna give 0 fucks about your whining.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 17, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

That is completely idiotic - I'm amazed you're even bothering touching Rotarycraft with that kind of idiocy. I haven't ever had a modpack with it though to know if it's even the slightest bit fun though.

StealthArcher and OMP will touch and fix anything, whether they want us to or not.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

as far as general purpose nonhqm packs go direwolf20 one is alright

it has a lot of tech mods, even ic2 :stonklol:

Or you can play OMPi and say gently caress you to IC2 and BC.

E:
And permissions, and visions and Minetweaker's idiocy, and other bullshit and tedium and and and...

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

got someone who actually knows about modern modpacks to weigh in

(i play like all hqm packs these days so i dont know poo poo :smithfrog:)
It's what I do, but yeah, Blightfall on your own, OMP for MP, there's a server thread in PGS.

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 18, 2015

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Can you blame her? It seemed like as soon as she committed the code, people installed the dev version on here and minmaxed the poo poo out of it. On the one hand, she scratched a lot of people's itches, but she only did it for, like, 5 days tops.

If you make something with a quantifiable non random system and get that salty when people do people things and go crazy cost/benefit over it, you might have problems.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

OMP time has been spent on...

a thing.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Taffer posted:

Wanting to keep a consistent gameplay experience across servers isn't a bad thing.

Best force config to Kanade off among other things.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Cryohazard posted:

That's exactly the Solar Panel spam situation again, though. There are simple ways to upgrade from the passive blooms, and simple ways to automate them- then you can go away and do something else. I don't understand why adding "complicated bullshit mechanics" as you put it to Endoflames is helpful at all.

The people complaining seem to be pissed that they can't get all the cool toys without learning how the mod works.

Incidentally, IC2 was bullshit and it's higher levels of power generation were constantly reworked to be more bullshit (UUmatter->Uranium removed, coolant requiring non-renewables) so yeah, NO poo poo most people spammed solars.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

solars were still a problem before that though

i was the only person on my server who ever used nuclear power, everyone else was like "phew it sure takes a lot of rubber to make power!"

If putting in that much grind to get a power source was seen as more lucrative than whatever work nuclear required, then nuclear was too bullshit.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Serifina posted:

Because "people ignoring a huge chunk of the mod because they obsess over this one introductory flower" and wanting that to change is totally "muh vision".

If I wrote a mod, one with plenty of nifty mechanics and interesting bits and pieces, and then discovered that half the people were literally ignoring huge chunks of it to spam just that one introductory bit that was never meant to be more than a brief help, I'd change things, too - particularly when also being bombarded with complaints that "your mod causes lag" and "it takes forever to generate enough mana to do anything!" Personally, I don't think Vazkii went far enough - were it me, I'd rip out the passives entirely.

Yes Ser we get it, people are too casual and don't suck the vision modders' dicks enough.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Thyrork posted:

Think I'd just flip it on its head. Passive gen is turned to be endgamey, multiblocky but good and you only need a few. Endoflames remove their "mana needed" step but still have their hard limit of fuel burn (I think its a block of coal).

100% agreed.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

no, nuclear was piss easy, you just had to put a little bit of thought into reactor design

people who spammed solars were mostly unwilling to burn a resource for fuel when they could trickle it in with solars for free after a one-time investment

Then the resource is obviously too much of effort to get. Really, this is basic stuff guys.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Blind Duke posted:

Big Lasers

Combine mining lasers into a 3x3 multiblock that not only blasts down a 3x3 beam of death, it will also melt near everything except bedrock so you don't need to dig a shaft. The larger laser base allows for more power cables to hook into the thing. Bottom layer is a dyed glass lens of whatever focus you want, changes the color of the beam. Perhaps a Laser Precharger Aggregator, that takes precharge lasers from 4 directions and directs them down to either other aggregators or the top of the Big Laser to boost its power.

Big Flowers

Proportionally more effective than an equal amount of flowers, new meta flowers/plants around them modify the effectiveness/stats of these plants. A creeping vine new plant can create nodes that act like mana spreaders, but collects mana from these nodes to a central flower. Another flower to distribute from a central plant to various nodes. Hopefully is less laggy than spreaders.

:qq::qq::qq::qq:BUT THEN IT'S NOT lovely ENOUGH FOR MY VISION
I WANT THE GAME TO PUNISH PEOPLE
:qq::qq::qq::qq:

Seriously, I hope most of these modders never go into actual game design.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Yeah scrub get on his l33t level, you casuals are ruining my mod by not wanting to all in.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Heffer posted:

Quick check: most of these Botania builds use tons of hoppers. Are they still murder on servers or is that old knowledge?

Less so with cauldron/fastcraft but yeah they're still poo poo.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Yeah it was an old version of Technic I think. I think we basically want that, just with more fluff to it and more to explore, but if IC2 is really that outdated and should be replaced maybe we'll try one of these newer packs. My eyes just kinda glaze over looking at the mod lists because most stuff I don't know if its good/bad, but whatever.

Do the packs you guys mentioned, if they don't feature IC2, at least feature some sort of energy generation system? I like setting up solar panels/water mills and stuff to power my base, slowly advancing to new technologies and hunting for oil as I gather resources.

Yeah, the technological side of things never went out of style, all of the packs have several options for the building of both effective and crazy looking poo poo.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

OK. From what I'm hearing the Disasterpiece Theater pack seems good. It'll run fine if I just host it myself, right?

OMPi also sounds interesting. It'll be a hard sell to have to make everyone learn a bunch of new stuff with no baseline but it might be worth it. I'll wait until the thread goes up for it to decide. Thanks everyone.

Ugaha, probably not if you mean running it on your pc and host via lan across hamachi or similar. The packs are quite massive and pretty much demand actual server hardware to run multiplayer instances. There's a thread for DPT I linked with a server run by neogeo, he's a cool bro.

And to be honest, if you last all played 1.2.5 then everything is gonna be ridiculously different no matter what. Incidentally, I revived the read for OMPi anyway, but it is an old 16 pager running since February: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703438

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, that is what I mean. Is it that impossible? We used to run Technic off my friends PC and it was fine, though it was a long time ago. They do have a near brand new PC now though. The amount of mods really pushes it that much further?

Oh and thanks for the link. I will check it out.

The server I run OMPi on is a repurposed desktop, but the main point behind it is that to run it on your pc, it has to act both as your game and the server. All the extra memory used for the textures adds up, and my server runs on a dedicated slot of 8GB RAM just for the server. Also, running it on a headless actual server os is helpful.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Well now I'm 1 for 2. The first time I did this some months ago went nowhere (some CofH generation tweaks), but Abuddz wanted to take the stuff in, so I made a pull request.

Odd request: In the tutorial world I wanted to also make a few funny things--or at least crap I think is funny. In honor of all the drat dads that seem to play BFSR, I wanted to create a dad bar and have a few NPC dads in there. Does anybody want to sacrifice themselves on the mantle of being a dad NPC? I'm still learning CustomNPCs, but I know enough to slop somebody down and how to throw a skin on them:

:bigtran::bigtran::bigtran:I had to make the Chippendales skin myself! :bigtran::bigtran::bigtran:

If your skin is online somewhere, I can grab it.

I have an Uncle Sam skin I've been using for a while, I can just load it up for you if you want.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

So has anyone here dealt with the problem where the launcher stops responding to mouse input at all? I've found stuff saying downgrading to Java 7 fixes it, but some mods require J8 now, so I'd rather not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I've been on a one-track mind here, so maybe I should back up...

That quest was kind of screwed up, but I fixed it some time ago . . . I think. It was a quest to make slime crystals for making slime bow limbs. After I reach a certain point with what I now call Baby's First City (the tutorial world), I'll add some advance quests. I just didn't want to, say, make turbine quests without having a demo space for them somewhere. Similarly, I would like to do a more in depth thing on mob grinders, but also wanted to halt until I could make a demo rig.

Congratulations! You have a future Minecraft modder!

I popped you in next to Thyr0rk. You have a 1.8 skin apparently, and CustomNPCs screws them up. I just crop it down to 64x32 and lose a little bit of the extradimensional detail.

Sure, let me know--assuming your boss didn't try it and then fired you in the interim. Dad bar is still small.

Feel free to throw JAdair in on this if you want. I'm no father yet, but gently caress it, rules are for shlubs.