Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
I kinda wish that burning taint actually worked... as it stands, it doesn't. Fire... has failed me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

Moss balls are pretty drat important for shurikens and crossbow bolts. Thankfully later materials start giving good numbers of shurikens but bolts are always a bit short in my opinion, with moss balls they are basically infinite unless you get into a huge battle.

This is the truth. I made some with the best materials I could get, and ended up with a stack of a little more than 60 of the damned things. I ended up sticking a diamond and an emerald on it just so that I could have a decent stack size. This has cut into the amount of quartz I could stuff on it too. The mossballs are a lifesaver though as I just have to let them recharge for a few minutes between fights. With both a diamond, and an emerald I have 106 bolts. Mind you, you can pretty easily get into some drat big battles if you don't pay attention to what is going on around you... I was down to around 15 bolts during one of my longer jaunts around the world... Thankfully once I got back, I was able to just do base maintenance instead of worrying about killing poo poo... (Except sheep... fuckers keep restarting the taint around my base...)

-Edit- By the by, is anyone else having problems with their dawn machines mounted to an airship crashing their games? Because I have that problem. One has power feeding into it, and the other does not, but both cause crashes when I try to move them after the update.

Zebrin fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 22, 2015

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

I am currently trying to go through the floating city. I uh... it is a maze. And everything is trying to kill you. There was a really cool trap in the redstone shop too. When you open the chest, it opens the floor under you. Really clever. I am just grateful I had flight. This is going to be very difficult to fully cleanse. So many little nooks and crannies where taint can hide in and then spread again. Also so many guards. With bows. I did manage to get to the tree without using flight to go over the walls. This area looks like it took a lot of effort to make. So props to the person who designed it. It is fun to fight through.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

Squid is aqua, chickens air, pigs and cows order and earth, anything undead gives entropy, creepers and taint swarms is fire.

For Vis conservation I reccomend you get manasteel caps. All they require to make is iron and botania mana. You have to research the livingwood core to access them.

Can you use septers to capture nodes? I thought they only work in crafting tables.

They work just fine for pretty much everything a wand can do, except you can't stuff foci on them. Staffs are the opposite, they work for everything a wand can do, except you can't stuff em in a table.
This makes it impossible to get a primal staff with void caps on it by the way.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Clairetic posted:

Yay! MPS stuff!

Sweet, I missed this mod, it was one of my favorite utility mods around.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

I am not talking about Blightfall and also where would I get this client log, please and thank you.

If you are using Technic, you can click on the modpack options, and then open next to the file path. There should be a folder named Logs. Should be in there. If not there, there might be a file called crash-reports that has what you are looking for.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Blightfall doesn't have any of the basic generators. There is no Coal->RF outside of using magic flowers.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

Does anyone know if totems of dawn chunk load?

Dawn Totems? No. Dawn machines? yes. Bloody expensive way to chunkload though, especially now that actual chunkloaders are in. Even if they require a poo poo ton of infusion to make too. Really fun to make them the core of an airship and then fly around expanding sections of cleared area.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Yeah... if you right click on a gather golem with an empty hand you should get a GUI to pop up letting you tell it what to grab. Mine kept taking poo poo from my mana pools until I figured that out.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

If it was me, I would have it detect if there are a certain amount in a 3x3 chunk, and then once it hits that amount some of the passives die off until it goes below that amount. Just write it in that dayblooms and hydroangias in too large amounts too close to each other's root systems get too tangled, and they start to die off until they go under the amount. That way, you don't get fields of dayblooms or hydroangia towers, but you can still plop 16 dayblooms down for some easy no thought mana gen.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

If you were trying to reference the Philadelphia experiment, you should have called the ship the USS Eldridge. I mean, it is really similar to Eldritch, AND is the ship the experiments were supposedly performed on.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

That is... seriously hilarious. My niece would be terrified. I think I shall get her to play this pack just to get to that point.

-Edit-
You know, with all these modpacks and the like getting touted around, I have to question, when was the last time an actual Feed the Beast map was made?

Zebrin fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

I think you have to repair enchanted stuff in an anvil. That or get a repairer for Actually Additions.
Look up if duct tape is in the pack too, (It might not be) because that can be used to repair weapons and armor.