Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

StealthArcher posted:

Oh yeah, that's a thing I made. Maybe I should do something with it.

Add HQM ironically and update the modpack to reflect upon its addition?

Only entry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Yeah, that last solution is really only practical if your desperate to get 1 tainted shard to make the various hardware that it uses.

Its a nice touch, feels like a throwback to TC2. You have to do some degree of monstrous environmental fuckery to get all the gadgets and tools. Way to go hero, I'm sure this wont have any repercussions. :jerkbag:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I found it easier to corrupt existing shards in the world, then use alchemy by harvesting the pustules growing on the trees in tainted lands. Use a ender chest to safely get them out of your bag before they poison you.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Jetamo posted:

So I've been playing on a FTB Infinity server with some people. Hadn't been on in a week or so, and I log on to find this;

...Some bozo had activated a Blood Magic demon village not-at-all far away from spawn. Now it's overtaken a friend's base (blue) and is nearly at mine (red). :stonklol:

Wait, is that spreading?! Are the demons expanding their town?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
More then two, but im not sure how many work. Should be the giant tainticle, the "robot" guardian. the "giant eldrich ghost" and the crimson cult portal/praetor.

Sorry, you'll have to figure out the names. :shobon:

quote:

Gregtech

This is causing me undo distress. Please stop. :stare:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Vib Rib posted:

[Gregtech Intensifies]

:psyduck: I'm... I'm just going to be over here in this corner rocking.

Dont mInD mé, I'm FiNe.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

CoreDuo posted:

6.01.69:
[ADDED] It is now possible to die of lung cancer after mining asbestos. User will be permanently banned from the server without notice at a randomized time.

I cant tell if its a joke or not. :sludgepal:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

greententacle posted:

With the Gregtech talk, has anyone made a mod where plants & animals grow at the same rate they would in real life, animals being pregnant for the same amount of time, or changed the day/night cycle to actual 24 hours?

Terrafirmacraft.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Ariong posted:

Can anyone recommend a good modpack with a progression/quest system like HQM? I like material energy and I liked Sky Den way back when.

Blightfall. Its on Technic.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Meskhenet posted:

I didnt know it was goon made? who made it? Will they update the botania ^^

Id still love to join a blightfall server.

Botania wont get updated, nor will anything else in that modpack. Its a very carefully crafted beast at this point and updating anything either A) Throws out wild problems or B) breaks the finely tuned balance.

For example, update chisle? The entire starting ship you set off from vanishes, leaving you to crash into the ocean with nothing and in the middle of nowhere. :unsmigghh:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Devor posted:

But that's just something wearing out, it's not like there's a secret failure mode of "Tried to mine 13,000 diamond blocks" that sets up a resonance in the drive heads that rocks the drive out of its enclosure.

Well thats a mod waiting to happen.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Neat! Reminds me of what the Insert Coin(s) crew used to do on Vanilla MC all those years ago. :allears:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Terrafirmacraft is good, and a few UI mods and little QOL improvements are out there to make it better, however;

:siren: DO NOT PLAY TERRAFIRMACRAFT ALONE. :siren:

It is really not designed to be learned alone. Almost everything is something to be discovered as a group. Blacksmithing is so much easier with someone helping the blacksmith. Ranching and farming become much less of a chore when shared. Having someone dedicated to making sandwiches for the diverse diet of the crew (that you'll discover as you play) is much more into the spirit of the mod. TFC is so much better even with one buddy to learn it alongside.

Playing it solo robs TFC of its joy and overcoming the environment, getting into farming and working towards complex metallurgy as a crew is the real meat here.

I cannot stress this enough; don't play TFC by yourself. It's just not made for that.

Meskhenet posted:

I think i gave terrafirmacraft like an hour before calling it quits. Im pretty sure it had 600hp mobs that were aggressive that spawned in the day

TFC also increases player health and its own weapons do significantly more damage when compared to vanilla and most mods, this usually results in needing compatibility patches, I think Botania got one which would be a nice magical compliment to the rest of TFC. Also the longer you stay "at home" the more it becomes yours, eventually resulting in no nearby monster spawns as you stamp your authority upon the land. :black101:

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

shameful secret: i play terrafirmacraft in peaceful mode

I could see this working if you're solo, you can still starve in peaceful right?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

mensrea posted:

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/wh40k-blood-iron-pack.558927 is the pack, and I'd really appreciate any suggestions. Blightfall, Fallout and of course 40k have been a big inspiration, so if you like those you might like this pack. http://imgur.com/a/nWLad is the album I've put together for it, if you wanted to see some pictures.

Looks interesting enough, ill dip my toe in sometime.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Perhaps gate it behind proving you are able to farm sufficiently to support animals? A one time donation of the animal's food of choice to get a few of them for breeding?

I guess there could be a tool check too for the kind of things you'd need to find, leash and house them. "Looks like you have both the food and the building materials set aside for your next endeavor, ranching!"

Of course, if you're lucky enough to find wild animals, you wont need to do this (and save resources as such) and instead can have a related reward structure of bringing them home and working them too.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Hammering nuggets of ore is causing hammers to barf out of me. :raise:

Oh and Vib, Mod suggestion: Better Rain. Because default's rain sound is loving awful and rain actually matters in TFC (dont let your drying foodstuffs get wet!) so turning off the sound is a bad idea.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Uh... is there any mods currently infamous for inexplicably regenerating a world? Because my little thaumcraft + mods pack just regened and my six or so hours of stuff is gone without it touching my inventory.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The overworld has been restored to default, twilight forest and nether is unaffected. :raise:

Configs suggest nothing obvious, so yeah, i guess it regenned the world due to a bad chunk. :shrug: Is that a new feature in MC? It's been awhile since I last played.