Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

wylker posted:

I made a spotlight of TE 4, let me know what you think goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaOmN4Dvic

You're a terrible, awful person because now I want to play Minecraft again.

Any recommendations for good modpacks that have Te4 in it? I just like building stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Does anyone have recommendations for a tech centric modpack, that's not too heavy on the mods so it won't cripple my (underpowered) server? We've been using Tekkit classic for ages now and are looking to switch it up.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Does anyone have a good example of how to get EnderIO conduits to work with AE2? I know EnderIO has the ME conduit but I cannot for the life of me get them to work. I keep having to make a midline chest to bridge the two.

Failing that, a way of getting AE2 to use the ore dictionary and take these other 4 types of copper ore I currently have.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Is this a call for help?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

frenzy posted:

I made fun of someone for saying they keepinventory=true and how that's the only way to play and then like ten people attacked me over it, yes apparently I am the butthurt sperg that only posts for attention

Your lack of self awareness is amazing

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

im playing AoE with keepinventory off

Same. It's not the worst as AOE has the tombstone mod, but if I was playing single player (or had admin on the server) I'd definitely turn keep inventory on.

And cheat in a lot of diamonds.

It's probably best I don't have admin.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

instead of doing that, make the following TiCon hammer:

ardite hammer head
ardite tough tool rod
obsidian large plate
bronze large plate

slap silk touch, glowing, and reinforced on it, head to y-level 11, pick one direction, and mine until you have a large number of resources

Why silk touch over Looting 3? Getting 8 diamonds is better than getting diamond ore and then processing it for 2.

Also, once you've built the hammer take it to the Nether and smash Netherrack until your hammer durability is around 30%. This will speed the hammer up dramatically and with stone bound it will hover around that durability level, even with glowing.

Finally, everybody seems to forget about embossing tools. It can only be done once, but is useful for getting that last modifier onto the tool. You can either use the material that has the modifier (ie diamond) or use paper to add an additional modifier slot to the tool.

For example, you can make unbreakable throwing stars but making the blades out of say Manyullan (however it's spelt, it the Aridite + Cobalt one) and then embossing it with paper, giving it a total of 5 modifiers. 5 obsidian plates later, you've got never ending throwing stars.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Ambaire posted:

How do you deal with all the stone and random crap you mine? I normally run nullifier/void charms/bags and stuff, but I heard that if I do that, then the hammer won't get repaired since it eats stone in ones inventory or something?

For AOE, I just have a garbage bag that eats all my cobblestone. I don't think the cobblestone has to be in inventory for the durability to go up, but I haven't tested that.

For Beyond I just dump everything into the AE2 system and autoprocess it into compressed cobble or gravel/sand/glass.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Serifina posted:

Because you don't get 8 diamonds with Looting 3. You'll typically get two, you might get 3, and you'll rarely get four. On average, I think you get about 2.3 diamonds or so with Looting 3. Processing diamonds typically yields at least 3, and some may have higher outputs.

Hmmmm doubt it creeping into my plan. I'll have to test that out, thankfully my AA drill has silk touch.

I may have been thinking about Glowstone/Lapis instead.

Also I forgot about the Stone Separator, where silk touch is essential.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

For FTB Beyond, anyone having trouble getting Sand from Quantum Quarries? I've got a Desert Biome Selector in there but it's not giving me any sand at all.

Also on the topic of Beyond, anyone have a fix for the Witches hat recipe that produces Glowstone? It keeps producing Gunpowder instead.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

loving hell I am terrible at basic logistics. I finally got a slew of machines, a starter AE2 set, a bank of storage drawers (with controller + tesseract importer to my quarry), a big reactor, and capacitor banks all set to go and a giant, nice looking warehouse to store them in. But I cannot loving figure out where to put them. Everything needs to be nearby everything else! The banks and main power line have to be near the storage drawers, but those have to be near the AE2 setup for the storage bus, and the machines need to be on the power line AND the AE2 ME line, and everything needs power and what side do I put these on and should the ME system be at the front and should I be using fluix cable or ME conduit and should I use these fluxducts and how can I put everything in a place where I can access them and not bump into wires and

I cannot for the life of me think spatially about this sort of thing. It's driving me crazy and I can already tell nothing I come up with is going to look good.

I don't know which pack you are using or what your layout is, but I don't think you need to have power near the storage drawers.

I'd use a AE2 storage bus on the drawer controller. That handles all of the placing/pulling of resources.

Wire power into AE2 network, and either use EndarioIO conduits or P2P tunnels to disperse power to machines.

Really, if you have EnderIO I would just have a interface bus into a chest and then use EnderIO to dispense power and items amongst the machines, with an output chest at the end that is hooked up to an import bus at the end to bring it back into AE2.

Basically if it's possible, use AE2 as the primary network with EnderIO supplying the sub networks .

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Well, never ever use Builder Wands with ProjectRed lamps. That's it for my Beyond save, I think I'll play something more directed and relaxing like Simple Life until the new kitchen sink 1.12 packs come out.

I will miss my Woot Wither Farms -> Netherstar Generators tho, I was quite proud of that.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'm learning to throw a backup mod into every pack I'm playing because I've had too much strange stuff happen.

Which one do you use? I had put my faith in the FTB one, but it failed spectacularly

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Spider Plant posted:

I haven't played Minecraft in a couple of years, but I've got the urge to play something where I can chill out and build. Can anyone recommend a good mod pack to start off with as a beginner?

I put a lot of time into Big Dig and OMP for example, but they don't seem to have been updated in a while. I remember one of them had a quest book to guide you through what some of the mods could offer, which was a really helpful 'getting started' guide.

Last time I played it was all through the Technic launcher, is that still the go-to or have most things moved over to Curse/Twitch?

Pretty much everything goes through twitch now.

I'd try the Simple Life 2 as your mod pack. It's got a wide range of mods, isn't spegy, and has a quest book to help your direction.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

I've always felt Garden Cloches are out of place in Immersive Engineering. Everything else in that mod is big, slow, clunky and somewhat expensive. Cloches on the other hand are compact, cheap, fast and incredibly over powered. They don't even take a lot of power.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

TwystNeko posted:

Is there a mod that adds just "magnet" mode for items, like what NEI had? It's probably the one thing I miss most about older minecraft.

EnderIO has a magnet that goes into your bauble slot.

It does require RF tho, and while it's not a massive power drain the power requirement might be something you want to consider.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

I want to add Mystical Agriculture to FTB Revelations, can I just add it to the pack via twitch, create a new world gen, and go from there?

Or do I have to dick around with Ore Dictionary.

Also, what if I want Void Ore miners to be able to produce Prosperity Ore?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

For MSB3, how do I get string? Or, alternate question, how do I make an early mobfarm that will spawn spiders?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Would anyone happen to know why my blast furnace isn't generating steel? I tried both IE's and Thermals coal coke but neither works.

I think it is generating steel. The flame below the iron is lit up, so it accepted the coal coke.

The process is just super slow

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

I've been using the updated EnderIO on the Revelations 2, and it's a pain in the rear end. Hope you like making organic dyes!

Really tho, the worst part is the grains of infinity. It got to the point where the our server mod just decided to put in one of those market place blocks so people can just trade coal for some.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

Do you have access to liquid fuels so you can use compression dynamo? You mention resin, you can fractionate that into tree oil and burn it. If you have coal access or crude oil, both can be eventually transformed into refined fuel which has relatively high RF values (without fiddling with the config, tree oil is 400 000 RF per bucket whereas refined fuel is 1 500 000 RF).

I've also done dumb things with food generators, if that's an option.

If you go the compression dynamo route, dont bother with Liquefied Coal as its complete garbage.

Im basically at the same point as you, and am looking at either going Extreme Reactors or mass Petrified Gens.

Currently im using Mekanism's Gas Burning Gens with Ethylene, which is pretty good but not enough for UU matter production.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Falcon2001 posted:

I looked at that because someone else recommended it, but the Gas burning generator needs tough alloy , which needs lithium, so that was a problem. I'll probably just end up going extreme reactors.

Actually while I'm posting, where the gently caress do I get lithium from?

Edit: nevermind, thermal evaporation. Figured it out.

If your plan is to avoid making tough alloy for Gas Burning Gen's and go straight to Extreme Reactor I've got bad news for you...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Drop sand to make a shaft?