Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Been playing regrowth.

Does it actually start to get good?

Im at the point where i have most seeds to 10, (though im only on the strong infusion ones, shards, diamonds etc...)

But i really dont see the point. I tried to push to thaumcraft, but got gated behind not being able to get a greatwood sapling, im missing 1 compontent (cant recall which one) to make the seed and it just isnt interesting enough to push through.

I loved bliaghtfall. The steps were all pretty much paced and the recovery of the map showed my progress. (big stretches of land with no trees once i got dawn totems, followed by lands with trees....)

Regrowth just seems to mispaced. Made a rod of the lands to get dirt, but as soon as you get earth seeds going you dont need that anymore. My base is completely safe. (well the huge slimes can hop over the fence, but i have some modest bees about and i just stand betweent he cactus's and they kill themselves...)

Didnt really get into witchery, is it any good later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

I have lots of seeds, but can I make iron seeds or any other ores - Nope,
How are you supposed to get them the HQM hasnt shown me yet?

have you looked at the NEi

type in iron seeds it will show you what you need,

Edit- wasm going to log in and see, but pack is updating.

Do you have copper seeds yet? I think you need some copper essence to make the iron, might need to hand in the iron essence quest a few times too to get the iron essence

Double edit.

Pack finsihed updating and crashes before loading, guess im done with regrowth.

But i think you need to make sure you have
essence seeds (you need these for all ore seeds)

youll need weak essence

to make that you need the weak essence stone, NEI it.

youll need mana and a runic altar to make all these btw, so get your runic altar up, might openthe quest line if i remember.

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 6, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Bhodi posted:

Always back up your saves before upgrading!! :(

Anyone know if there are substantial updates, or if it's just bringing up the mods to current versions?

I clicked to do the backup saves, is that good enough or did i need to physically back up stuff by going into folders?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Has anyone tried the Tolkiencraft modpack?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Convinced a friend to play blightfall with me.
So, should we do this by me opening a multiplayer map and playing via lan or do i need to set up my pc as a server and we both connect to it?

(i dont see her playing that much when im not on, but if she does how much is a minecraft server a month?)

Edit : Oh, and should i update the botania mod in there or will it break everything?

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Dec 8, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Started BFSR a bit earlier.

The vanilla quests are awesome. Its pretty fun racing up the tech tree and learning how to do stuff.

The one about seeds, there is an unneeded 'is' in there when talking about barley.

Will see how it goes from there (had to go pick my son up from day care)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

BFSR: The official modpack of Dads everywhere.

(Seriously, I think every error log I've gotten had a world name that had "Dad" in it)

haha, thats pretty good.

Ive tried to make the crossbow. I ended up with a wooden crossbow, reinforced, quest didnt click.

Also trying to make stone rod torches, 2 cooked cobble stone (so stone) are giving me stone tool rods, again quest isnt clicking

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'll look at the crossbow tomorrow, but I swear I double-checked that in a playtest yesterday.

I think you can make sufficient rods from just cobblestone--no cooking necessary.

Still no go

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Mr. Peepers posted:

There was some talk about Regrowth at the end of the just-closed Blightfall thread, I just have a quick tip to share: several very useful recipes require slimeballs (including Runes of Summer I believe), and while slimes are a tier 4 seed you can use a Botania alchemy catalyst to turn cactus blocks into slime balls much earlier.

The alchemy catalyst is just extremely useful all around. It also lets you get any vanilla saplings you've missed and leather as well.

I didnt find slime hard to get at all in Regrowth. In fact i always had some mammoth slime jumping over my fence ready to donate its body to the greater good.

I still havent tried to get regrowth working again after the update. I could start anew, but id rather restart blightfall.

Oh, however, if i do redo regrowth

I got stuck on the quest requiring live fish. No matter where i was in the water i always got raw fish. How do you get live fish?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think something happened with TE metadata because I am seeing lots of little problems. A magma crucible reward will crash the game when placed, along with one that gives a redstone energy cell. I had to reassign those to shut it up. I held off making a new release because I expected therr were more of them. I guess you found a third.

I will get into tesseracts when I get into turbines, but I do not want to do that until I have my tutorial world concept. It just stinks to describe how to do turbines in hqm syntax.

For your next release can you make it so that crafted items automatially complete quests?

I am making a 2nd steel pickaxe right now because after making the 3 pieces i went straight over to the tool crafter rather than opening the book to click the reward. ><

Another big report.

Making the steel hammer--- i have the parts and it said i had already made the steel hammer

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 10, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

You mean to skip the parts?

I have to test something. I had to use NBT-independent detection originally in March for testing for the picks since if a player does anything like name a tool, it wouldn't register because the metadata is ever-so-different. The downside was then it would detect, say, every pick regardless. So I tested the parts instead.

In my playthroughs, I screw it up all the time.

No, not to skip the parts.

Cant recall what mod pack i was playing, but a 3 tiered quest ie

get steel
make 3 parts
make hammer

It automatically registered all quest steps as complete even if i didnt open the book until after making the hammer. Where as with the pickaxe one,i made the parts, then made the pickaxe, then opened the book.... and had to go remake the parts because it didnt count.

(also edited my above post. havent made the steel hammer, but quest rewarded me as doing so)

Edit - yellow cake. You only gave me 16 ingots, says you gave me 64 in book.?

.......... God drat

Just made the reactor, didnt check the quest to get 110 casing pieces....

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 10, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'll take a second shot at it. I have the parts set to a detection task, so they're supposed to just register, but I've noticed that was a problem too.

I have a quest for going there already. I suppose I could just strip it out and repurpose that dimension, but I'm going to follow RFtools to its illogical conclusion.

Yeah okay to hell with that.

With the reactor quest.
I think i didnt make all 110 straight away, i made a bit, then made the parts, then made a few more reactor casings.

So i didnt get the quest complete for the reactor casing (until i cheated them in)

BUT, step 2 auto completed as i was building the reactor. (which is awesome)

So is there a list of mods to avoid because they have this retarded drm and malware in them? (ive been downloading packs and trying them out >< not really thinking)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

And the thing you built to do all the smelting can crash and burn if you dont babysit it like a retard?, Sign me up.

So what was the problem with technic to begin with? (the whole reason i never modded minecraft is because im too stupid to to it manually. and technic was the first launcher i got, and blightfall was the first mod i did and it was awesome, and man, some of the mods out there are crap...)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

dijon du jour posted:

You mean in terms of the drama? Part of it was out of this weird fear that modpack creators were somehow taking the credit for the mods and taking control of the creations away from their creators. Part of it was the fact that modpacks allow downloaders to bypass the adfly links and deprive the modders of their sweet, sweet 1/1000 of a cent.

ohh, but i use an adblocker anyhow.... haha oh well.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Which brings me to my next problem. I want to update Botania, how the hell do i do that for the blightfall pack?

Will i break everything? Will i break anything?

And im starting a multiplayer this weekend witha friend (who will ge the launcher and the pack) do they need to have the same botania i have if im hosting the game?

(i need to make a single player then open up LAN right? to get someone to join?---- i set up port forwarding a few days ago, but havent actually tried it out)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

The latest versions of Botania really shake up the whole mod, especially with crafting recipes. Blightfall's custom Botania stuff is pretty light, but, e.g., if any of the custom recipes require a mana petal, it's not going to work at all.

I did it. Put the new jar in the mod folder.

Game loaded ok, told me i lost my whisperweed and eulcidaisy, only had 1 so no prob.

Game was running a bit janky, and crashes as soon as i tried to open the apoc page in the thaumicon.

It needs to be updated as the changes to botania are pretty good .

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

have a vat/glass cage with a few baby villagers in the room, one of the vats open.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

So I had a great time with Blightfall, are there any other good HQM packs out there on the platform?

Regrowth is ok. Its no blightfall. Lots of babysitting crops, getting stuck behind gated crap that is way too hard to leap over (if anyone can tell me how im meant to get 3000 power to my altar so i can get the stupid twig.... im at 1800 atm)

The landscape is boring, once you build a wall there is 0 danger (other than massive slimes jumping over your fence)

I like the crop progression, i like making the ore crops, but its all pretty pointless. There is no, hey, you did this, look the land is starting to recover.

BFSR is pretty good. Im only on the tutorial stuff. Like the easy ore and build progression. But its got no thaumcraft or botania :) (just something about a little golem with glasses and tophat doing all the work ).

Though, i had a creeper drop a piece of cursed earth, which means i should get back in and make a mob farm.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

for regrowth:

if you've been through the End, go and grab the dragon egg (piston works well for acquiring it without weird teleportation stuff) and drop it by your altar for a cheap boost

the range it looks at is pretty large with all the upgrade items so go and plant a large variety of plantlife in a very generous radius

terrain recovery doesn't really start until you get really deep into witchery quests (i got bored of the pack before i got there personally)

The End isnt the nether right?

I am planting all types fo trees around the altar, ill through a heap more i guess.

So there is terrain recovery? there really isnt much that says that. no goals, so steps. just babysitting plants.

(i do like when you bonemeal the witchery trees and that mob spawns. That mofo goes down ^^)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

so ive been helping the russian bitcoin miners while playing bfsr >< lol

let us know if there is a problem with it please

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Im stuck again in Regrowth.

Trying to make creeper soul seeds.

For the rec i need a creeper heart, which is made from 8 creeper essence, which is what the seeds give me once they are made, i dont have any way of making it as there is no hand in quest for it that i can see.

Same with rutile or what ever it is that wants impure titanium.

And ive got my altar power up to 2045. (havent been to the End yet for that dragon egg. Can i get to the end and back without dying? keep in mind i die in the nether almost instantly im that bad.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

* Thermal Expansion is the go-to basic utility mod these days. Think IC2, but actually built with server performance and suitability to be used by a human in mind. Most tech mods will use the Redstone Flux (RF) energy it deals in.
* Applied Energistics 2 is the best storage mod. Items are stored on disk drives, and there are utilities for autocrafting, exporting/importing items, and other stuff. Kinda difficult to learn how to use well, but even a low-effort setup beats the pants out of rows of identical chests.
* JABBA adds barrels. Barrels are great for storing lots of a single item, and the JABBA dolly can move chests with items in them.
* MineFactory Reloaded adds a litany of machines for automating farming and for spawning monsters in a controlled fashion.
* Big Reactors generate lots of RF power and are very cool.
* Botania is a tech mod disguised as a magic mod that puts heavy emphasis on building your own automation for its setpiece items. Has a lot of random utility stuff (step assist, equal trade wand, and so on)
* Inventory Tweaks, WAILA, NEI, Crafting Tweaks, and a minimap mod (Journey Map? i think) are amazing quality-of-life mods.
* Tinkers Construct adds modular weaponry and tools, which are very nice in the early game.

And some fringe ones

* Storage Drawers is probably the second-best storage mod out there (second to AE2.)
* Similsax Transtructors are a big favorite of mine; it adds the titular item, which greatly assists in building tall/long structures.
* Thaumcraft is a very rich and beautiful mod that adds a lot of gameplay, but it's gated by a pretty irritating research system.

I am one of the people that likes the Thaumcraft research system. It makes sense, but you do need the thaumcraft research helper webpage open.
if you get Thaumcraft and AE2 get the mod that intergrates the two. cant remember it off the top of my head. But putting all your essentia into a network is satisfying in itself.

Tinkers Construct is very good. Modular/repairable stuff makes things useful.
Storage draws is good for seeing what you have, if you have the space to lay it out. Even with AE2 its nice to have some draws there for stuff you use often but dont autocraft.
Latest update to Botania makes it really good. (only making flowers with runes consumes then, before making runes with runes consumed then)

The Blightfall mod pack is good.
BFSR is also pretty good.

I think i asked on the goonrun Disasterpiece Theatre server to be whitelisted, Havent checked or tried to log yet, but their mod list looks pretty good.

Im trying to play Regrowth (still stuck behind witchery, cant get alter power up to progress, all my seeds are at 10/10/10, cant get all the tier 3 seeds as the parts arent dropping.

Using villiger spawn eggs in recs for other rec, clicking the runic alter and using the egg to spawn a villiger instead of adding it to the rec FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
Thaumcraft gated behind greatwood sapling, which is gated behind witchery, which is gated behind this loving altar.....

unable to find working ID's to cheat poo poo in for witchery....

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

What seeds are you having difficulty with? I don't remember which are "tier 3."

Plant a large variety of plants to boost altar power. Do this in a very large area. Place an arthana on the altar to double the range it looks for stuff to draw power from.

If you're having trouble with creeper hearts, make an arthana and enchant it with Looting III. (You can use a spellbinding cloth from Botania to wipe undesirable enchants from an item.) Use the arthana for the killing blow on a creeper to increase the chance of a heart dropping.

Don't right click on the runic altar to add items; stand on top of it, look straight down, and open your inventory. Hover over the item and press Q to eject it onto the altar.

Ok, Arthana, will look into this.

Seeds, creeper seeds, rutile seeds (need impure titanium) amber seeds, need amber to make it...

havent looked at speed seeds yet

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Wolfsbane posted:

I was going to post a picture of my Regrowth setup, but it looks like th update broke my save. Luckily the witchery wiki is very good.

For more altar power, I hope you have the skull, chalice and dagger on the altar. You'll also need all the witchery and vanilla trees in range, plus as many flowers as you can find. I don't remember altar power being a big issue, but I was playing an earlier version. I think I just spammed the ground with bonemeal and broke any duplicate stuff, then used a bit of mutandis to get some witchery plants there too.

ok ive got a skull candle, ill remove that and put a plain skull down.
my land is full of trees. do i want to chop down any duplicates?

Flowers abound as i bonemealed the place to death as well.

I cant get the chalise, it requires something i cant get. Dragon stone or something. (same reason i cant get any chalk i think.)

Let me boot it and ty the skull.
im at 2100, need 3080.

Ok, skull pushed it to over 4k :0

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 14, 2015

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Channels werent so bad, i even managed to get my network up and running in blightfall..

Sure i had to build an entire building ontop of my base to hide the spiders web of cabling, and dig out most of the underground too, but in the end it worked.

And i finally got my greatwood sapling in regrowth.
Chapter 11 is still technically locked out for me, but i can at least use thaumcraft to start automating poo poo (that is if i can get coal to my endoflames without all hell breaking loose.)
Please tell me golems harvest these flowers properly and dont uproot them

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Alkydere posted:

Seriously, channels are easy, even without P2P sillyness. If you're having trouble with them all you need to do is use some smart cable. And then it becomes trivially easy to figure out what's using up your channels.

And meteors, while dumb, are at least easy to find.

The real big hurdle/issue with AE2 is the damned inscriber system. Everything from having to find the damned presses (which again loops back to meteors) to having to loving deal with the inscribers with their lack of internal storage. It's not hard to set up something simple with chests and pipes to feed them supplied, or even a proper AE2 network setup (even if it does eat channels from all the export buffers you use), but the fact that I have to deal with such bullshit drives me up the wall.

Oh, also getting your first charged certus can be stupidly aggravating.

Automated inscribers was the very first thing i ever automated. It took me multiple tries though. I got stuck at the very end wondering why nothing was being taken out intot eh network when i realised i had essentia importers and not item importers ><

neogeo0823 posted:

You haven't yet, but please feel free to do so! We've got almost every mod that's been mentioned recently, outside of the big modpacks obviously, and I really think it strikes a good balance between magic and technology mods.

I logged in briefly. Had a quick look around, got a few pages in the warp book, had a porkchop shower then got diconnected ><.

Certainly looks to be a lot of fun though.

Now, can someone give me a step by step walk through on how to automate charcoal block feeding to my endoflames in Regrowth.

And is oil really important? the closest oil fountain i have is half a days trek away from my base :/.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Glory of Arioch posted:

charcoal blocks don't have a fuel value in regrowth I think (coal does)

but here's the build

you don't need the hopperhock and hourglass if you are using just charcoal

it's literally just a hopper, open crate, pressure plate, a couple of slabs, and three redstone dust

oil is not very important, i generated power in regrowth using a bunch of coal coke ovens and burning the creosote oil in a boiler (10 ovens feeds a 2x2x2 HP boiler)

Thanks. It seems pretty similar to the setup for the tree farm in blightfall.

Is it worth crafting the coal into blocks or just dropping coal as it is?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Taffer posted:

counterpoint: TC is the most unfun thing ever in minecraft, rivaling even gregtech

Omg, there were people above i was going to quote but i have to dropa big gently caress you here :)

a swarm of tiny little tallow golems with glasses and top hats is not unfun!!!. (broken at times perhaps, a bitch to set up/fix if something goes wrong, yes)

TC, shock focus is good, Equal trade is soooooo good.

The easy enchanting through T tinkering is holy.

The warp effects of forbidden knowledge is pretty cool (not unnatural hunger though, that sucks)

And the research minigame is ok. (though i am seeing in regrowth its toned down to the point where you just need the points to buy them and not use paper)

(the jars upon jars of essense really give that made scientist feel until you get ae2 storage up. Never knowing if you have the right stuff. Stuffing up your first few alchemy is actually good, i like how your not a master at it right away. Stuffing up infusion until you have a godly altar set up the same)

Now onto regrowth.

How the gently caress am i meant to suvive the nether to get the basic ores?

For some reason there are now about 4 portals in the over world that all lead to the 1 portal i originally made. Stepping into it gets me swarmed by
zombies
skeletons
retarded dogs
spiders
and i wont go un aggro loving pigmen.

its like all the crap in the overwolrd is walking through these portals and waiting for me to spawn.

And what is the mining progression?
I made a allium, the pink- pickaxe and it doesnt do obsidian....... I should beable to make some equipment that is close to top by now...

(i cant remember why i dont have thauimiun ingots yet. Oh i do. Im waiting to make an automated alchemy so i dont have to put stuff in using Q. And i cant get the order on my wand to make the vis things.... god.

My plan was to make a thaumin pickaxe and destory the other portals appearing. so i can make a new portal somewhere else that isnt linked to the one portal int he nether so i dont keep getting slaughtered at spawn in the nether..... so i rage quit. gah.)

And without signulium (spelling) what should an xbow limb be made out of? (in regrowth)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Carados posted:

TC would be a ton better if the research / scanning thing wasn't so poo poo, you had more than two ways to manage vis for infusion, and if it was reasonable to automate infusion. The parts of the mod are cool, you just never feel like you're getting anywhere with the tedium after a certain point.

Also, so of the add-ons are cool as gently caress.

Maybe if once you got googles of revealing new items auto scanned?

I dont mind the manual infusion (it's pretty simple once the AE2 box is above the altar and everything actually works) but yeah, knocking over 5 or 10 of the same thing as an infusion is a bit bollocky.

And yes, the add ons for TC really do fix some of the problems.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Sounds like i need to die repeatedly while placing dirt about the portal till it is safe to mine under it.

Still not sure im at all interested in trying though. (and it doesnt stop all the other spawn fromt he over world walking into the portal and waiting for me.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

the problem is that permanent warp can never be recovered from - the only option is to put it in that head in a jar or whatever to store warp,

What is needed is a legal way (but expensive) to remove warp, maybe some form of capsule you use instead of a bed to remove a small amount of permanent warp - by converting it to centivis.

From what ive read you dont get the effects of warp unless you have used something with warp recently. Which means if you use the bath salts you are removing the effects (even though you still are fully infected).

If your playing with stuff that has warp on it, well i guess thats part of the payoff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Bhodi posted:

Oh, no need to do that. Hit E, hit Options, then inventory, then the W next to 'Item Mode' and click until it says "Cheat Mode", then just find the item in NEI and left click for a stack and right click for a single item. To go back, select item mode again. You only need to go into lan mode to use the slash commands like /keepinventory true.

Ok i need to try this. ive always opened lan with cheats the used /give. which for witchery does absolutely loving nothing as you cant get the id's.

I ended up setting world to peaceful to get past the portal in the nether. The i got lost. The i built a portal in the nether to get out. Then i got lost.

Regrowth needs a map like blightfall.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

You could just have gone into creative mode then use the creative menu to find/spawn the items you want, no messing around with "/give", and if you have a map like journeymap then you can just teleport to waypoints if you are in creative or cheats are on.

So even when ive been cheating ive still been doing it the hard way >< my google skills suck.

Might open up regrowth a bit later and give these a shot.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Hey, I know this might not be the right thread for it but this is the only minecraft thread I could find. For the console update is it normal if certain updates won't load in an old file? Example rabbits, new biomes and certain kinds of flowers. I'm curious if I have to make a new file to access those. Sorry if this is a pain in the rear end.

I have no idea, but how do the console version measure up to the pc version?

I got my son a super cheap pc that plugged into the tv so he could play there. The game ran pretty badly. Upgraded to windows 10 and got the windows 10 beta version, and while it runs pretty smoothly, its missing a whole heap of bits. So my son plays on the pc still ><

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I very rarely go to the nether.

I have never seen the point of it. You need to be pretty well geared and dying there means 0 chance of getting your stuff back.

I think its another reason why i like blightfall so much, Just dig under the western map for your nether stuff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Cant anyone help with me getting my friend to join my game hosted on my pc?

I have opened ports 25565 (also 50052)

I start a single player game.

Open LAN.

They then try a direct connect with my ip?

Or am i doing this completely wrong? Doi have to get some sort fo server software on my system? and ...?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

are they in the house with you? or on the internet?

If it is the latter then you have a lot more work to do.

On the internet you have an internal and external internet address, You need to tell your friend to connect to the internet address https://whatsmyip.net
Then on your router (usually on address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) you need to activate a thing called port forwarding and tell it to forward port 25565 to your local ip address (also 192.168.1.x) you can find it by opening a cmd box and typing ipconfig - you are looking for the top IPv4 address (coincidentally the Default Gateway address is usually the address of the router.)

No, i ended up getting the blightfall server pack, got it to work for a few minutes before my entore machine shut down....

It refused to load after that, problem with microblocks.

reinstalled the server, i think ive got it working now. I can at least login to my own server, friend had to go to bed before she could try ><

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Second time ive tried to play teh beehappy mod pack of FTB. Either its me or its terrible.

I have no idea how to use any of the machines given, no help in the quest book. And its skyblock, so when you fall off the edge you lose everything...

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Why not skip the HQM and go for something like hermitcraft ModSauce or similar, then you can expand your knowledge and learn new packs, They have tinkers and thaum, + ae2, Ender IO, witchery, botania, etc

HQm give a sense of purpose ^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

When i play on a server its usually to get to the stage where i can help others by giving them angel wings, or complete reactor setups
and for me getting the most efficient reactor/ turbine setup etc

I looked a that hermicraft, pretty big mod list.
Are there any good servers? I mostly play solo, but id be willing to try something with no quest if there are others.

(im fixing Disasterpiece theater now and will try that again, its a goon server)