Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Musluk
May 23, 2011

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor Victim

Lipstick Apathy

MechaCrash posted:

Eloraam was so MY VISION that she wouldn't let any other mods interact with hers directly. Remember that block that just took items and immediately ejected them into atube network? Those blocks were a workaround for the fact that she wouldn't let anybody see or interact with her code, so nothing could output directly to tubes.

Was it redpower that added marble, basalt and fuckhueg volcanos without a way to turn them off in worldgen? Oh and another kind of tree too, if I recall correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Maiden posted:

I'm enjoying blightfall, it's encouraged me to get serious with a mod I've ignored since TC2, where it was total rear end and put me off the mod for years. Pretty dissapointed that TC5's current future is going back to TC2

I tried the same, but Thaumcraft changed a lot since I last played, so I got stumped instead.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

So what's the pick progression in OMP-i (singleplayer) like? Installed it late last night, got stuck at copper. Don't have materials to mine tin/iron as making a T shaped copper pick can't mine those, nor can flint TiC picks. Am I missing something?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dunno-Lars posted:

Make a smeltery, then cast a copper pickaxe head.

Or make a plastic straw, drink some lava, then some water right away afterwards. That gives you obsidian. Either use that for a pickaxe head, or make alumite with it.

Casts require aluminum brass or gold, no? I can't mine anything higher than copper without cheating something in. I think the problem is mining iron needs an iron-level pickaxe head. Last version I played I don't think it was like that.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Turns out I am an idiot and I never found any aluminum. Made brass, shat out casts.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

So you turned off passive mana regen flower decay in botania? gently caress you, you can't anymore.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Getting exoflames set up isn't that hard, but I liked the passive regen for stupid hydro setups

Guess I'll have to automate my coal production in my regrowth save.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mzbundifund posted:

I understand the value of this change in lowering server lag, and I agree that passive flowers are pretty much universally worse than the active ones, but good lord some of the quotes in that blog post read like a bingo card of terrible minecraft modder quotes. We've got it all; discounting other opinions because "they aren't the target audience", we've got comparing of the mod to Dark Souls, and best of all it culminates in this little gem:

"But mark my words, Id rather my mod not be played than be played in a butchered state."

Keep that attitude and don't worry, I'm sure you'll get your wish!

Exactly the reason I posted the link.

'Target audience' lmao

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Oh god the reddit comments are even better.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I had something in BFSR to build one, but HQM stinks for formatting text. The quest text just makes it kind of rough. It really needs pictures and diagrams. I hope Shukaro gets his HQM stuff out, although I loath the thought of migrating.

Enchiridion books are able to put in pictures I believe. You could just take some pictures of a basic 3x3 reactor and put them into the book. Give the book with the quest for Yellorite or something.

By the way, loved BFSR.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

chairface posted:

The problem I always had with using the traditional MFR breeder/rancher/chronotyper/slaughterhouse setup was that it always seemed like either my cows were periodically dying due to phasing into walls or else the machines'd get clogged and unlimited cows would wreck the server. It's not any criticism of MFR per se, it's that Minecraft mobs are hosed up to have to deal with in general. Sadly for MFR autospawner purposes you wind up needing SOME manner of essence input and grinding livestock is the easiest way to get it before you can afford a nether star to move a spawner with. Soul Shards 2 can ameliorate that somewhat.

Fences and conveyor belts more or less fix the suffocation problem though, but yeah minecraft's plenty hosed up.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wolfsbane posted:

Regrowth is also quite fun, although it's very easy. More a laid back base building game with some quests thrown in.

Seconding this.

I preferred the more hand-holdy aspect of Regrowth's quests to AS2/Blightfall quests tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sage Grimm posted:

And it has nothing on Mariculture fish breeding. gently caress that in particular.