Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Out of curiosity, does anyone have a link to Agrarian Skies 2 hosted on Technic?

I remember it popped up once last thread, but I couldn't find it after a brief look and thought it'd be easier to ask here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
I didn't think I'd enjoy Blightfall since I'm usually a bit of a wimp with Minecraft stuff, but, gently caress, this is fun.

I got lucky and nabbed a Fusewood sapling, and now that I'm teching up a bit, it's making for a nice crossbow- does anyone have a good idea for early game bolts, since I'm super material low (as in, haven't ventured far from Beta yet). I'm assuming iron tipped, since that's the best I have, but.. Iron core, I guess? Not sure what else would work well.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

President Ark posted:

All-metal bows and crossbows reload incredibly slowly but that being said I'm not entirely sure which part on a crossbow controls that. I think it's the crossbar? Either way replace that particular part with wood (ideally fusewood) or slime.

Yes, you can get heatscar spider string - one of the results from requesting a mob spawn is a heatscar spider.

Yeah, I'm reasonably sure it's the crossbar- I remember (pre-Blightfall) people tended to use a slime crossbar and a metal body, so I think that'd make sense to be the part to replace with wood or slime.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Ariong posted:

When you say "crossbar" are you referring to the Crossbow Limb? Crossbars are used in the making of daggers. I only have so much slime so I don't want to waste any.

I do! Sorry, my bad, too many terms and they start to get confused.

And yeah, it can take take a bit to track down a Heatscar Spider, but luckily once you find a spawn egg you tend to end up with several dead spiders after the first one splits/explodes. (aka, the only time I was every happy that those spiders are annoying assholes)

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Ariong posted:

Two farming questions. Is there a better Tinker's Construct option for tilling soil than the mattock? The Scythe only mentions reaping plants and common sense says that scythes cut and don't till.

Second, is there a place where I can find carrots in Blightfall or do I just have to get lucky with the seed requisitions? My mission outlook has dipped into the negatives because i am bad.

What dome did you start in?

If you started in Beta, there's three villages nearby- one has carrots, one has potatoes, and one has pumpkins. Carrots are in the northern village of the three.

Minor spoiler thing, but I know I'm loving finding things via exploration, so, figured I'd be careful.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Ariong posted:

Alpha, but I have unlocked all of the bases for teleportation. I saw those villages on the map, but they proved to be deathtraps. I'll have to figure out a new strategy so I can gank their produce. Battlechef.

Yeaaaaaaah, just don't let the guards get ANYWHERE near you. The rest isn't so bad, but early on, I died a few times making runs for stuff.

Bonus: Get on a roof (longsword's jump ability helps for this) and use ranged attacks to murder everything.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Is there a second Bloom at the Glacier? When I came back from there with all that loot, I realized I only had one- wanna see if I need to go back and keep searching, because all the Scout spots so far have had two for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

Spanish Matlock posted:

So maybe I'm done with Rustic Waters now? I'm at the point where I'm trying to sort out an ember power generator and I built the multiblock. I tried to link it to an ember activator, but the way modular machinery blueprints works seems like you can't rotate the machines at all, so I'm stuck with the input facing upwards. I tried using a relay to connect the activator but it seems like no matter what I do the drat thing just won't connect up.

The modpack is ambitious and neat, but it's absolute terror of ever giving you access to RF power kind of makes me feel like it shouldn't even have included thermal expansion in the first place. You end up building some TE machines to get sap early on and you naturally sort of feel out that mod to see what else you can do with it and the answer is nothing because there is just no natural way to produce RF in the mod. Then you get the Seamoth and it asks you to build a charger that uses RF, which you can totally do and then have it sit there for six hours until you finish enough other stuff to get access to this weird multiblock setup to make some RF.

Maybe I'll come back in a while whenever it's finally finished and all the kinks are worked out.

Yeah, I'm playing it and enjoying it, but there's definitely weird power/pacing problems galore.

For RF, I managed to get by with an IE Thermoelectric Generator to provide a trickle of power to run the basic stuff, and I just snagged a few Dynamo from one of the villager trades. But it's still super limited and strange.

To link the Ember things, I struggled like hell too- if I recall, you RIGHT click with the hammer on the recepter, then LEFT click on the emitter to link them? It makes a different noise on the second click if it linked correctly. I know this because I struggled for like half an hour to figure it out and couldn't find any proper documentation, heh.

Does anyone know anything about Cyclic's extractors and/or cables? Specifically, if there's any way to make them NOT connect to a machine/inventory? Because I'm using them on the big Ember multiblock and it's a great way to move things in an out smoothly, but the drat things connect to everything and I can't figure a way to remove the connection with any sort of wrench. Can't figure out if that's just the price of admission for using them.

Edit: Solved my own problem there! Redstone torch, right click on the side you want, and it'll stop connecting to poo poo. Kinda figure that'd be documented ingame, buuut.

OmniBeer fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 16, 2019