Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitch
Jul 1, 2012

uXs posted:

Is there a simple mod that adds elevators, for 1.8? Like you stand on a pad or whatever and it transports you to another pad right above or below you.

Like the one in the OpenBlocks mod? That does essentially what you are looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitch
Jul 1, 2012

Desperate Character posted:

Agrarian skies 2 is fun but it suffers a lot from a lack of quest direction and the extremely idiotic decision of making passive mobs attack you. You can't even get the quests for any of the AE2 machines until you build a Retriever, which requires some of the rarest ingredients to get in the early game (ender pearls, platinum). The Thaumcraft section is a complete clusterfuck of quests and doesn't really explain how to do anything to new players.

The curse launcher honestly isn't that bad though. The ease in which you can download texture packs with it is fantastic.

Agreed on the Curse Launcher, I like how easy it is to add/edit Mods, Resource Packs, Modpacks, etc.

As far as AS2 goes, I agree that it lacks some direction. I know most of the mods much less than I would like and have no idea where to begin on some. I just need to spend some time browsing the web, NEI and the mods themselves and I can get it....but my question is whether or not a modpack exists that does a really good job of breaking it down into quests that explore the mods in a sequential way.

Hitch
Jul 1, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So what do I do with all the RF now? Draconic Evolution?

Did something replace RF? Been a while since I've played modded minecraft. RF fall out of favor? ...or do you just have a poo poo-ton of it.