Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

nightwisher posted:

Glad to see minecraft still hoards almost all of the insanely crazy hyperautist modders for itself, sparing most of the rest of the gaming community their toddler-like conniption fits.

It's like an inception of sperg. Notch is spergy, writes a spergy game for spergs. Spergy game attracts other spergs, who sperg out over it. Spergs write spergy mods to amplify the sperg to hypersperg levels. Other spergy modders being to compete and the modsperg wars broke out. Many copyrights were killed, the code-blood of many a mod harvested by vampiric modpackers. Soon, the survivors will merge together into the human spergipede and mod horse dicks on everything in reality ITSELF. The rest of humanity points and laughs.

Notch wrote a very simple game in java based on an earlier game by a friend of his. Spergs then made his game interesting while Microsoft decided to give him 2 billion dollars. For a java game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Light Gun Man posted:

Am I the only one who's super over thaumcraft and wouldn't really miss it? Then again I haven't really liked it since like...tc2. Now it's just another mod I won't touch clogging my inventory with garbo I won't use, dunno. Kinda wish I could have an item that just voided thaum items immediately.

Like yeah it's well made and all but I just...don't wanna ever do it again?

It's in every pack and I never use it. Because there is always something else that does cooler things and easier.

Every mod pack maker has misunderstood how thaumcraft should be used. It would be perfect in a small pack where it is the only way to boost production. Then all the poo poo you have to go through would make sense and feel rewarding.