Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
OMP-I is good, thank you Stealth Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

Speaking of OMP-i, what's the deal with starting tools? Apparently iron requires an iron-level pick to mine in this pack?

Smack enough stuff with your pickaxe and it'll level up, pray you get Emerald/Diamond and you can mine obsidian usually.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

Well that's stupid. I'm going to do it anyway.

That should be the official tagline for every modpack.

The alternative is to make a flint pickaxe [this is better than a stone pickaxe!!!] mine copper, make a smeltry, turn the copper into a pickaxe, and I think that can mine iron? Probably.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Does anyone have a list of Obscure Thaumic Tinkers struff that isn't listed anywhere? Mostly just for OMP-I with all the other Tinkers Mods I suppose.
I'll start.

-Smeltries can be any size now! [up to 7x7 inside.]

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Musluk posted:

Was it redpower that added marble, basalt and fuckhueg volcanos without a way to turn them off in worldgen? Oh and another kind of tree too, if I recall correctly.

A really ugly, really huge, fireproof tree no less.
I don't think it ever got a use either? I have no idea why people like [d?] redpower.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So what's the most up to date modpack that I can run on a reasonably powerful laptop?
It can't handle OMP-I without chugging sadly.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

Take out some mods then. I think the OMP modpacks are meant for multiplayer with a dedicated server, not single player.

For OMP Sigma 2, I took out headcrumbs, zelda sword skills, hats, and darkness mod.

I should've mentioned it'd be on a dedicated server for me and my roomates, but even then my Laptop can't handle it.
Is OMP-I really the most up to date modpack? drat.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Black Pants posted:

If you're playing with 1.10 though, the answer is: get a pack of every 1.10 mod.

I've been playing the new progress with a few friends after being out of modded minecraft for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
What are some of the better sandboxy type modpacks?

I've got a server with some friends and we're playing All The Mods 6 but I miss things like Tinkers Construct and a few other things so I'm happy to go back to older packs.
It's been a long time since I played though.