Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Verizian posted:

So I tried playing that lost souls modpack again, not sure why but half the quests refuse to complete, googling revealed a workaround is to edit the quest tasks so I went with that. At least up until I was looking through the questbook when something green with a slimy texture seemed to attach itself to my head, obscuring my view before it blew up and destroyed half the ship.

Doors were closed, no openings to the outside and didn't actually see what it was except it didn't look like a creeper and only did a few hearts of damage, though I did have Blast Protection 1 on an iron chest and BP2 on iron legs. Is this some kind of new teleporting mob or some anti-cheat punishment in a modpack with broken quests?

I haven't seen or even heard of that type of mob, but it shouldn't be an anti-cheat thing because I've done the work around for plenty of quests with no issues on that front. Now my last world is messed up and refuses to load after I went to the overworld (not the first trip), so I'm waiting on another patch before I even bother again. Also the last release breaks the better with mods siding custom recipes (e.g. wood casing, chest that uses 8 sidings).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

runchild posted:

Well lucky for y’all McJty literally just tweeted about how Continuum v1.1.0 changes the smeltery to take 10 minutes, reducible to 2.5 with 4 gearboxes. I haven’t played it so maybe I’m talking out of my rear end, but I think timed crafting makes sense as a source of that “I’m making progress” feeling. You invest more work in gearboxes and viola, you can make stuff faster. Not gonna argue that 30 minutes is pretty ridiculous though.

I feel like the one of the main issues, besides it originally being 30 minutes, is that you can't really progress on any other quests without the controller. Also getting 4 gearboxes takes a ton of iron and unless you're really lucky on finding iron odds are it would take less time to get it crafted with 1 gearbox than finding iron for 4 gearboxes and then starting the craft.

Honestly efab just feels bad to use, it is a bunch of blocks that don't require being put in any specific order, so it could really be just one block with the additional poo poo going into upgrade slots. Also when you get RF power stuff to it you can make the electronic chips, except the empowerer is still better being used. I can easily automate the empowerer with hoppers and not have to make yet another ingredient (4 wires) that the efab wants. The efabs only feature seems to be to introduce even more time based tedium.

Also gently caress people that thing the efab is the same as crops, most crops can be grown instantly with bone meal and crops don't tend to be things you need to progress. Soaryn called it FTB: Tedium for one of his stream titles and I have to agree with that.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Garfu posted:

I'm currently playing AllTheMods 3

Is there anything useful to do with experience? I'm sitting at level 87 and was hoping there would be something useful I could use with all of this XP.

It's crazy how fast you gain levels when strip mining in this pack since cobble seems to give XP.

In a pack like this XP isn't something to really worry about. Also do you have a copper piece on a tinkers' pickaxe? That might be why you're gaining a ton of XP.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Ambaire posted:

Good server. Beware, though, the Cyclic Player Launcher is .. broken. It gives a 'Bouncy' buff that logarithmically accelerates the player once they make contact with a solid surface. I've been using it quite a bit, and it will happily bounce you sideways 800 blocks in a single second, or cross a 1500 block ocean in even less than that. If multiple people are using it, prepare for Happy Fun Lag Times.

pfft 1500 blocks, I used the Player Launcher + a jetpack + slime boots and launched myself over 20000 blocks. I was honestly surprised the game didn't crash, even though it did lock up for a bit. From that point I decided I couldn't trust myself to not launch myself way too far, so I stopped using it. Not that there is really much reason to travel around.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Cicadalek posted:

Are there any chunkloaders in Stoneblock? I searched for chunk and got nothing, and I have no ideas what the cool kids use anymore.

Yes, the map (not journey map), but the one you get when you open up your inv in the top left. You can use that to "claim" chunks and then shift+click? on them to chunk load that chunk.

Also jesus christ every time I load up modded minecraft I remember how loving bad the load times are.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 14, 2018

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Cicadalek posted:

Thanks, I would never have thought to look there. The last chunkloader I remember using was the one from I think ChickenChunks? man it's been a while.

It is a great thing for chunkloading and also protecting your base from explosions.

Which is why my blood pressure sky rockets when I see yogscast minecraft series that have it and they complain about creepers. I've even seen one of them (Sjin) use it before because I don't think they know how to setup teams for it he stopped using it and has probably completely forgotten about it.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

People got so mad at us about tekkit legends being so tiny but we were trying to push back against a trend we saw developing and holy poo poo has it gotten out of control

Honestly it is because Minecraft is so poorly done in JAVA. Give us a real mod API with the other version and it would load so much better.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Microsoft absolutely does do open source.

While Microsoft does have quite a few open source projects, it is more in the fact that Microsoft isn't going to open source main products like Games, Office, or Windows. This really isn't a knock against Microsoft though, because most companies wouldn't open source games either.

But Microsoft doesn't need to open source minecraft bedrock edition to give it a proper modding API.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Gave it a quick look. I was going to say they really expect you to know how skyblock progression works, with how little info any given quest has, but then I noticed you don't get clay buckets? So you can't transport water/lava until you get an iron bucket, I guess? If that's the case this pack demands like 10x more boring-rear end dirt sifting for pebbles than most Ex Nihilo packs do.

Yeah you'll have to sift a bit of dirt, but with a mob farm it is easy to just open 12 million loot bags to get an iron bucket. Though ProjectE makes it really easy to get additional items after you get the first. If you can get 4 obsidian from a lootbag you can get to the transmutation thing really quickly.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i've not wanted to play gregtech new horizons for years and now

now you pull me back in

is it on the Twitch launcher?

Only 4 results on the twitch launcher for "gregtech" and none of them appear to be it, so nope.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Black Pants posted:

Whoever said you need to sieve dirt for cobble in the FTB Sky Adventures pack didn't explore their island very well. Lava egg + water chicken = cobblegen.

You can also just make dirt in a barrel and use the philosopher's stone to convert it to stone. Honestly for this pack you want to rush to the transmutation table because a cobblegen isn't really worth much.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Any pack that doesn't gate EE behind the top tier of like 5 other mods is doing it wrong.

Well the idea behind this pack is that ProjectE is there at the start, so it is more sandbox than a grind.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Playing Stoneblock 2 for a bit and all I can really think is how much chickens suck when you don’t have an easy acceleration wand to speed up getting them all to 10/10/10.

There is also fluids cows now too and they have a cow stall to make “milking” them much easier, but unfortunately their breeding time pauses when in the stall.

Also with the ftb loot crate system being used is their anyway to see the full list of items each crate can drop? Plus 42 more items isn’t really all that helpful of a tooltip.

As always the quest rewards are a quick way to trivialize some things, as I ended up with like 16 of the tier 6 mystical agricultural essence as a reward and even a couple of the cruxes.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Some mod packs are certainly insane. I'm fine with Madpack 4 making literally everything except dirt and stone have a chance to spawn mobs when you break them, but forced boss fights with minecraft combat are a big no from me.

So if you want to play a pack with a 100% chance of you dying and restarting (since you're supposed to play it in hardcore mod) than this is the pack for you. Also farting cows will chase you around and be generally annoying until you murder them.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

Im still plugging along in eningmatica2.

I just built my tier 5 solar (using still t4 panels, but im getting to it.)

Now this thing pumps out 650K rf. What am i meant to be using to store/buffer this?

If i put 2 ender/io cap's together will that be a 100k in/out like they used to do? Meaning i really want to have a bank of 8 of these right under the controller (for now).

And

What am i going to need to automate my wither farm?

Ive got the builder. I can set it to a timer. I know a mob grinder isnt going to work. Will a killer joe? or do i need to get the draconic mob grinder?

You can use Industrial Foregoing's Wither Builder and Mob Crusher to spawn and kill withers. Probably is a youtube video or three out there somewhere that even shows how to set it up so withers don't break your machines.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Happy Hedonist posted:

Project Ozone 3 was just uploaded. Some interesting terrain generation options are included. I'm not sure if there is an intended way to play or what.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/project-ozone-3-a-new-way-forward

I'm going to give it some time, at least until there is a stable release.

The "intended" way is Garden of Glass, but they do give extra options (e.g. noodle). The default minecraft world is also pretty brutal with how often blood moons are.

Also this is the easy mode version of Project Ozone 3, Titan and Kappa modes have not yet been released.

Edit: It appears that compressed hammers aren't in, but normal hammers work on compressed versions (compressed cobblestone becomes compressed gravel). For those that are wondering, yes, this pack uses Ex Nihilo for resources.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 23, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Whalley posted:

Project Ozone 3 is out and I removed some pointless mods (twitch chat integration, journeymap, chance cubes) and now a bunch of my recipes are hosed. I can't make string meshes because it just defaults to Erebus silk and the usual tiny charcoal recipe becomes useless Galacticraft charcoal chunks. It's not like it adds a bunch of load time to put those mods back in, but man that's a lovely thing.

Those three mods aren't ones that should even be touching recipes, but with these huge mod packs who the gently caress knows how things actually interact.

I wonder what I should be spending all these reward tokens on. The ability totems are useless because you can easily get them with a mob farm, but I don't know what can even drop from the loot crates.

Edit: For Titan/Kappa modes I really hope that we don't have to dip into the hunting dimension if Ancient Golems don't ever spawn because you're apparently in the wrong biome in the sky. Having to hunt one down while dodging twelve million creepers and sniper skeletons.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 25, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

So project ozone 3 garden of glass, is that skyblock?

Im sort of looking for a new mob pack but one that isnt skyblock (im still enjoying enigmatica 2, but looking at the crap i need for wyvern cores.... id have to compeltely reset up my base.)

Yes, Garden of Glass world type is a skyblock, but there are other types you can select if you don’t want a skyblock map. Just be aware that you’ll have to deal with blood moons on other map types.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

any difference in blood moons since 1.7 or whatever the last big batch of mods were? We're not talking teleporting creepers with x-ray vison right? just a whole bunch of mobs and cant sleep?

Blood Moons in PO3 are on a 45% chance and all they do is greatly increase the spawn rate and prevent you from sleeping. Now you're not going to want to actually be out and about fighting mobs on the ground during a blood moon. You have normal creepers, charged creepers, and John Cena creepers are also back. Skeletons with bows are snipers and are super annoying to deal with when they're constantly spawning. If you play on a world type where you have to deal with mob spawns (default, sky islands, noodle) then you'll want to secure your area with torches and wall yourself off or you'll be spending blood moon time doing nothing.

None of the mobs in PO3 are inherently unfair, but a blood moon means you'll be swarmed with them. Obviously Garden of Glass means you don't have any areas they can spawn on unless you make it, but on default you can still do the tried and true dig down and live underground method. Also if you're playing on default and plan on going out in the world I'd recommend making a waystone (or two) and a warp stone so you can easily travel between your base and the world itself. Or you could just turn off (or greatly lower) the chances of blood moons, so that exploring isn't super risky.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

cool.

What are noodle and skyland maps like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsU0uqLaf8g is a youtube video on the noodle world type. Just mute it and skip to like 1 minute in to actually see what it looks like.

Sky island is just, well, islands in the sky. If you look at the yogscast play through of PO2 that is what sky islands is. Also they can show you how not to play minecraft.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I've been playing PO3, and it seems really unfinished. I'm really struggling with redstone, in particular. The only way to automate dust production (for sifting into redstone) is to make a modular machine, which itself requires a shitload of cobalt (or making a material stoneworks factory, which is a tech rabbit hole and really slow.) Modular machines require cobalt. Cobalt is a very rare drop from sifting crushed netherrack, which is, admittedly, easy to get by just vein mining the nether with a diamond hammer or whatever.

There's also the fact that prosperity shards only drop from the iron mesh, instead of also dropping from the diamond mesh. Additionally, there's no compacting drawer or factorizer support for turning ore chunks into a usable form; you can only craft them. Probably gonna put this down until it updates some.

Do you mean that you have to craft the ore pieces from the sieve into the chunks before you can smelt them? Because if so there is a machine that can easily combine them, there is a compactor (probably not the right name) that you can pump items into that has an option to do 2x2 (or 3x3) auto crafting. My sieve setup has my item collector pump into a crate that in turn has everything that can be 3x3 or 2x2 crafted pumped into the compactor and then from there they’re pumped into drawers. If I wanted to I could have the ore chunks go into a furnace and then into storage.

The fact that prosperity shards are from iron meshes only is also very annoying, so I give my pick axe the base metal tool rod and just vein mine the poo poo out of the nether.

I also really try and get into mystical agriculture as fast as possible to get away from ex nihilo, but I don’t actually know how to automate agricraft poo poo. With 10/10/10 seeds (and bonemeal totem) it doesn’t take long for me to get thousands of whatever essence I want (provided I can get the actual material first).

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

In PO3, specifically? Because it doesn't have Ex Compressum or whatever. I looked up "auto" and "pack" in JEI and got nothing relevant, and the thermex factorizer doesn't work on them either.

It is the same mod that was also in PO2, compacter, just search for it in JEI. It requires RF to operate, but it has multiple modes of operation you can choose. The middle of the 3 buttons in its UI it where you select the crafting option (3x3, 2x2, try 3x3 first then 2x2, etc).

Edit: If you use the "Try 3x3 recipes first" option you will need to blacklist coal (via your transport system not the compacter itself), otherwise you will end it with it crafting the 2x2 recipe regardless wasting a ton of coal on that useless recipe.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 27, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

YAY

yes that worked.

Now, in PO3, why does my hunger drop so quickly? Even standing still im losing food bars way too fast. Im downing a stack of apple juice

Devor posted:

Cook apples in a furnace, they go a LOT further than the juice, which is nerfed a lot relative to how it used to be.

Are you taking damage? The new regen scheme since... 1.10? makes you regen health really really fast, but it eats up satiation almost instantly to do it

Did you activate the ability urn that you got when you started? I've only seen a couple skills and I don't *think* those would eat hunger but I have no idea about other ones

Ability Totem abilities, with the exception of Saturation, drain your hunger bar. You can not actually die from hunger, but Tiny Progression's Cooked Apples like Devor mentioned are an easy way to to restore it.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Devor posted:

Do they drain constantly or just when they do something?

I have one that automatically made animals in a 2-3 block radius 'breed'-ready. Which was kind of funny - if it was just when it does something I can live with that.

The best part was when I aggroed a pack of sheep, and they took quick breaks from trying to kill me to have baby sheep. Which then started trying to kill me.

Exhaustion per ability per second is 0.03 (in the mod config), so it appears to be a constant drain on all abilities. The abilities I like the most are Bonemealer (when doing crops), Flight, and Saturation. Step assist is nice when not playing on a skyblock map.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

What are some commonly-accepted options for increasing early-game carrying capacity these days? I'm thinking of trying to dodge leather or else make leather easier to get. I think the old MFR plastic bags didn't carry forward into Industrial Foregoing. Some pack I had played did have a process to turn rotten flesh into leather, but I can't recall what did it. I figured cloth bags are my best bet if there's a mod that generally does that.

Odds are the mod you're thinking of that turns rotten flesh into leather is Actually Additions. The Atomic Reconstructor machine has a default option to convert flesh into leather.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It wasn't a machine but rather a rack. I assumed it was Tinkers Construct but I read that capability was removed from its rack in 1.12.2. Specifically, turning rotten flesh into leather was removed. I was playing some pack in that version since I was definitely playing around with Thaumcraft 6 at the same time.

Well without knowing which pack you were playing it is hard to guess. It might have been a pack specific change to drying racks to add the flesh to leather recipe.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Anyone doing Project Ozone 3 having issues with embers? I have a Pressure Refinery with 4800 ember inside of it, an Ember Emitter with 200 ember inside of it and I an not get an Ember Receptor to complete the connection. I've tried putting the receiver on a Copper Cell and a Mixer Centrifuge (with gold/copper liquid pumped into it) and my receptors and emitters refuse to make any type of connection. I don't get the proper sound when shift+right clicking the emitter and receptor.

I tore everything down and set it back up like this . The emitter on the left will not connect to the receptor on the right. My hammer shows that it is targeting the emitter. The lever is set to off in the screenshot, but even with it on it does nothing.

I've looked at a few embers youtube videos and I'm not doing anything different yet my poo poo just doesn't work.

I did what is always IT solution #1, I restarted the loving pack and it decided it will now work.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 30, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
So has anyone ever had an issue with Twitch claiming a mod's files are still in use and refusing to update the mod? I've restarted my computer and Twitch still claims that PO3's files are in use. I did the obvious fix of just duplicating the profile and moving my save over, but I'm just curious if anyone knows why I'm getting this error.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

reignonyourparade posted:

So does PO3 have any sort of chest-mover, i can't find one.

You can make a cardboard box to move chests. It is dead easy to make, just hammer some logs to get the saw dust.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

BadMedic posted:

Try entering
code:
shutdown -r -f -t 0
Into the command prompt to shutdown. Ever since windows 8, normal shutdowns are not 'true' shutdowns.

I decided to just wipe the old folder out, but since you mentioned that I went and checked and gently caress Microsoft. One of the updates turned fast startup back on, but I did do "Restart" which isn't supposed to be effected by this option.

Also apparently copying over the profile (duplicate profile) and updating it is not good. PO3 was up to 50+ minutes of loading before I forced closed it and did what I should have done from the start and installed MultiMC. My load time with MultiMC was much faster than my normal load time going through Twitch.

Edit: Also RIP TinkerIO, you ability to smelt poo poo super fast will be missed.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 1, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:psyduck:

how

It takes me 5 minutes to load PO3. It has a clock in the corner and everything. My last load was five minutes exactly.

Twitch hosed up the profile somehow is what I'm going to guess. It was never that bad until I updated a duplicated profile, but with my switch to MultiMC it only takes a couple minutes to load.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Hooplah posted:

Sorry, my last picture may not have been clear enough, but the issue is that relays and connectors visually have those metal caps on both ends, like they're floating. Doesn't seem to matter whether they're relays or connectors, or what they're attaching to. Here's a shot I grabbed from a yt lp doing the same pack as me. In previous packs my connectors looked like this, too

Comparing the pics side by side, I see that the issue I'm trying to point out is barely noticeable in the screen... sorry guys

here's a better example

Mine looks like that and it still works, so it could have just been an update to immersive engineering that changed how the connectors look.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

It also needs direct sunlight, which I guess the creator of the Stoneblock [2] modpack didn't realize when they added a quest to craft one.

I had no issues with the traps in Stoneblock 2 though.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Whalley posted:

I... wouldn't hate that :negative:

Like for real, imagine having a wiring minigame that you can jump into and make the machine work better whenever you want, as you build components. It wouldn't be fun on every playthrough but that first playthrough? poo poo would be dope.

Speaking of multiple playthroughs, I'm glad I took a bit of a break because I'm actually really enjoying Sky Factory 4 right now, and I'm sorrrrta seeing the point in the prestige system (although I'm not actually playing with it). Like, you play through until you get a point to allow for Hopping Bonsais to be unlocked, then you quickly reset and start again but now you can automate saplings (where resources come from). Reset again and get access to vein miner and hopping bonsais, etc. It kinda fills a void for people like me who find the early stages of a new resource system to be the funnest part. I don't have the time to commit to restarting over and over, but if I did I'd probably play with prestige enabled.

e: Wait, prestige doesn't necessitate restarting - it's just a means of unlocking New Tools. Now I'm confused all over again by the system

Prestige is just, essentially, SkyFactory IIII's version of an Expert Mode. What most people seem to be doing is having a main world where they actually progress and make a ton of other worlds where they do the first page for a point and then delete it and make a new one and repeat the process.

Even if you use the machine that generates points via power it still has a restart feature. You start the machine, feed it enough power, and after a set amount of time it will kick you from your World and restart it to the state it was when you first turned the machine on and give you a point. IIRC the power requirements go up for each point.

If none of this sounds entertaining to you, then definitely do not use Prestige mode. If you do want to do Prestige mode then maybe shoot for the bag that is supposed to fast forward early mode (6 points) after you get hopping bonsai and ore excavation (and probably a mulch or two).

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 18, 2019

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

SF4

ok i got my 2nd prestige point. Farming and the first tab.

Do i restart to do that quicker (with hopping bonasai) or try to get another point somewhere?

Im just about to start setting up mek, is anotehr point nearish enough?

Honestly I wouldn’t recommend doing the first page farming poo poo. Try and get to the parabox as soon as possible and make a single upgraded geothermal generator. Once you do that it is time to use the parabox to dupe the hell out of speed upgrades and get yourself a couple more generators.

Seriously, parabox item duplication is intended and you should abuse the hell out of it. Also if you have a bunch of geothermal generators with 4 stacks of speed upgrades you can then start a loop and go do something else for a couple hours.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

Ive got no idea what you're talking about >< but ill start making the box

I’ll start with the box first as it is the main way of earning points. When you open the GUI on the parabox you have an option to start a loop. When you start the loop it makes a backup of your world. From this point on any changes you make to the world will no longer matter when you end the loop. This is how you can duplicate items because ending the loop resets the world, but not your inventory, to the state it was at when the loop started. Using this start/stop method you can quickly turn 1 item into 1000 with the only downside being that you have to constantly reload your world.

Now like I said the parabox is the main method of gaining points, because while you’re in a loop every 10 minutes it will generate a point as long as you give it enough power. It starts at 10m RF for the first point and goes up by 10m for each point after.

Now on to the geothermal generators, they’re just a cheap and easy way to make power. If you have an auto clicker on top of a cobblestone generator feeding a cauldron to make lava you can pipe the lava into the generator. Now without the stacks of speed upgrades geothermal doesn’t make much power. However if you have 4 or 5 generators each with 256 speed upgrades then you can start to gain a good number of points.

My setup was initially a few generators (each gen gets its own clicker and cobble gen) until I got 4 points for the flux network. Once I had the flux network I duped my way to the max size energy storage tanks it has (128m RF per iirc). With a dozen of these I had over one billion RF held and since the loop resets everything that means each time I went to start the loop even if I broke all my generators I’d still have enough RF to generate points for over an hour. If I really wanted to I could just dupe my flux tanks until my buffer was some absurd number that would take days for the parabox to use up.

And besides the parabox itself, SF4 does not really have anything else that uses massive amounts of power.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

SO what you're saying is i hit active. Then put my me drive and all its disks in my inventory, when i deactivate it , i get my prestige points and ill go back to a world with my me drive in place plus the one in my inventory?, so doubling everything i had?

Correct, so it is always a good idea to ask yourself, "Do I want more of anything I currently have?" before stopping the loop. For a lot of items that is a definite yes, for most it is a nope.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Meskhenet posted:

SF4

so with 4 geothermals i can get a good 7 points. so 60-70 minutes (with no storage)

What am i meant to be doing in that hour knowing any changes i make wont stick? I mean i could make a few things i guess and them plop them down once i get back in.

Im not really sure i see the point to this. Like the grind is to get 450 or so points to start with a project e table and start a new world thats similar to creative, but not?

Well prestige mode is really go afk or do something else mode for the most part. It isn’t like anything you can buy with points is all that necessary anyways.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

atholbrose posted:

So, I decided to jump into the modded Minecraft deep-end, and play Sky Factory 4. I haven't played Minecraft in a very long time; I was amused to see that my skin was still set to Matt Smith's Doctor.

I felt very nudged through the first tab. Things were set up quite well, and I just worked my way through most of it, along with a smattering of stuff from other tabs. I just finished up a barrel-and-hopping-bonsai detour, and I'm just stalled out at what to do next. I think the obvious next steps are probably gated by basic Minecraft knowledge I just have never picked up. To start quartz production, I need some quartz, but there doesn't seem to be any way of getting any, things like that.

Any advice?

You have two options for Nether Quartz at this point. Option 1: Use JEI to back track and see the ways you can end up with your end item. Option 2: Make a Nether Cake and travel to the Nether (bring a stack or two cobblestone) and just mine some Nether Quartz. I can't get to SF4 at the moment, but I know you can make quartz without ever stepping foot into the Nether to mine it.

In other insane adventures. I decided I wanted a spiral staircase for my base, but I hate the look of slabs or stairs to do this. So I did the only reasonable thing, I spent hours with Chisels & Bits making my own drat staircase. I used 1/4 block size for steps and it didn't work out. :suicide:

Well guess I'll be tearing it all down and redoing it later.

Edit: Look at this dumb poo poo, I clearly knew it wouldn't work and yet I continued on. Also all bricks besides the concrete ones were temp just to see how it looks, so no complaining about the ugly end stone blocks

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

BlondRobin posted:

I like how it looks more like something from an ancient dos game before even VGA. Somehow even more retro and lo-fi than the surroundings.

Also how can you do things like this quickly enough that it’d ever make sense to chisel a temporary brick??

You can replace materials with Chisels & Bits, so it isn’t difficult just to make something out of junk and then swap it between various other blocks to get the look you want. In the end I just removed the end stone bit and have an OSHA unapproved staircase you can fall off of.

I wish C&B had Little Tiles ability to quickly and easily make circles, but unfortunately it doesn’t.