Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Mzbundifund posted:

I'm pretty sure you can pull completed bricks out of the casting table by using a hopper underneath the casting table, makes it easier to do multiple side-by-side casting tables.

This, and you can use tc pipes+basic servo to automate the pouring of the bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Are there any good "everything is out to kill you" survival packs other than Blightfall?

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Despite the channels and excess tedium, I've switched over to ae2 due to that bug alone. Having to micromanage the autocrafting defeats the point in my eyes.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Does anyone have vivecraft working for the curse launcher? I want to play modded mc in vr, but it doesn't show up at all. (I'm using the 1.7.10 version with forge compatibility)

Carsius
May 7, 2013

In chance cubes, there is a result where it destroys your entire base. All of it. If you can see it, it's gone.

This is why I keep backups.

Edit: And I don't mean a huge explosion; it just deletes everything. It's worse than the draconic reactor meltdown.

Carsius fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 25, 2017

Carsius
May 7, 2013

New vivecraft release adds forge support to 1.10. If only I could get it to not crash with any mod pack I throw at it

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Black Pants posted:

Like how I added Thaumic Energistics to Regrowth because gently caress Thaumcraft otherwise. :v:

Thaumcraft Energistics should be a requirement for any mod pack with thaumcraft in it.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

frenzy posted:

step 1: install grimdark on technic or curse it doesn't matter because grimdark is that good, step 2: run chunkgen to pre-generate some world using the commands here, step 3: profit from playing a pack that has everything in those packs plus everything they missed because they're lazy

alternate step 2: just join the server

I'm sure you're not biased.

I am enjoying the pack quite a bit, though. Is there a way to turn on cheats post-gen so I can use the chunk creation commands?

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Tyty posted:

I guess we could, but he wants to see the updates that have happened to the mods. We could also forgo the HQM part I guess but that seemed like kinda an important feature.

Minus hqm, I'll have to suggest grimdark as well. If he can stand 1.7, you can't go wrong with Blightfall.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is going to sound like a weird question, but...what's the point of Draconic Evolution? Is it just a bunch of complicated endgame doodads to give you something to do during the late game?

Pretty much.

And the stuff you get is pretty powerful, like the infinite energy storage, crystals which can transfer ludicrous amounts of rf/t and let you connect machines to power wirelessly (no more power conduits) , creative flying without the mining slowdown, multi-purpose pickaxe/shovel/axe/weapon that can dig out 15x15x15 areas in a swing, and the machine-gun bow (machine-bow?) that can kill the Ender dragon in four seconds.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Advanced rocketry looks amazing and blows galacticraft out of the water. There's the standard visiting the moon and making a space station, but you can automate cargo missions for necessary materials, shoot satellites into space, terraform planets, and warp your space station between planets. This means you can set your base up on a space station, and, if you're up for a change of scenery, teleport to another planet (there don't appear to be any moving parts in the teleportation, so no mod conflict crashes, hopefully.

I'm looking forward to diving into the mod when I get the tech.

Carsius fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 6, 2017

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there a pack and associated goon server with advanced rocketry and a diverse 1.10+ mod listing? I'm thinking I could make the jump in BFSR up to that if I can figure out what's the new cool stuff in general.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This sounds really cool. I never did end up playing with Galacticraft. Got the name of a mod pack that includes it?

I'm playing grimdark, which is maintained by frenzy. It has pretty much every mod you could want, though I've been having stability issues with it (likely something on my side, yes, mipmaps are off) He has a server running for it as well, though I prefer to run in Singleplayer right now.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

frenzy posted:

I liked the machines from Advanced rocketry so much I put the ME controller behind the warp core in grimdark :grin:

So you're the reason I had to cheat one in. I expected avaritia.

Also, I'm dumb and didn't allocate enough ram in the curse launcher. Runs fine now.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It's fine if you want to kind of focus on a crapsack world kind of game style that I think at least is the original tone of the pack, but it wasn't really what I was banking on from what you had posted here. Even with some of those settings toned down, there's still a lot of crazy mob stuff going on there.
Regarding the general rant: something still stands. Have people kind of gone more griefy with mobs in the past year? I don't know if it's just what goons are playing any more or what, but it seems like a lot of the stuff has gotten a lot cheaper with the mobs.
I recommended it off of my experience in Singleplayer. I play with mob griefing off and keep inventory on (which I probably should have mentioned). With those, I never really had any trouble with mobs at all (unless I went into a dungeon, but ymmv), so I didn't think to mention the mob changes.

I guess I never played on the newest (broken) patch.

Carsius fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 8, 2017

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Living on a space station is pretty great. Having an Orbital Death Beam mining laser for resource gathering is nice, and the view is amazing.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Any good 1.10 modpacks with Ars Magica that aren't CoTT? Maybe even with quest book progression?

Captain Monkey posted:

What modpack is this?

Grimdark is the one I play on. It is a good kitchen sink mod made by a goon and with an official server.

Disclaimer: the pack is somewhat combat-heavy early game, though nothing near the level of cott.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Zack Ater posted:

Fantastic, thanks!

I know Ars Magica has multiblock stuff, too, but I have that book and it has instructions there. Anything else of the sort? I think I have a book for... Actually Additions, maybe? But I haven't looked at it yet :v:

Immersive engineering has a book, and both advanced rocketry and draconic evolution have multiblock guides which show the structure needed in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Rutibex posted:

What is the purpose of auto crafting? Surely it would take less time to just craft what you want with a Project Table than the time it takes to set up an automated system. It's not like you are designing a mass production, most times you only need to craft something for a mod once.
With ae2? Autocrafting is set and forget. You just add recipes (which only take a couple of seconds to make) to your preexisting system; you're not setting up an individual assembly line for every single thing you want to automate. When something has component parts with their own crafting recipes, autocrafting can be significantly faster than manually doing it yourself.