Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I've been playing OMP a bit and I was wondering how when you cut down a tree you got the leaves to decompose so quickly. I assume it's a config option somewhere but I haven't been able to locate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Mr Scumbag posted:

Is there any simple way of achieving teleportation? I like to have parts of my base in different locations for variety and even then, I'd like a faster way of moving from place to place. Every form of teleportation I've seen is either too complex/fiddly/unreliable to be worth it or too resource intensive. For example IC2 has an EU cost based on distance and the items you're carrying.

I'd be fine spending a few hundred diamonds per teleporter as a one-off cost but I just don't like the idea of constantly having to pay for something that isn't necessarily "OP".

You might want to try Warp Books, it's pretty cheap (just Ender Pearls and books/paper) and lets you warp to anyplace you've been to, even across dimensions. It does take a bit of hunger when you warp, but if you have any kind of farm set up it's rather negligible.

There are also Travel Anchors from EnderIO, they're kind of like OpenBlock Elevators, but lets you warp horizontally instead of just vertically. They do have kind of a short range, though, even in my smallish base I have to use multiple Anchors to get from one end to the other.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

One of the "features" of Buildcraft Pipes is that when an item comes to a junction it will travel down a random branch whether there is a valid input at the destination or not. (and if there isn't a valid input it just spits it out into the world as an added gently caress you.) You can either make it so there is a just a single path between Chest and Macerator or use an iron pipe at junction which forces any items that go through it down a single path.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

*starts TFC for the first time*

*Gets eaten by bear five seconds later*

This is... fun?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

There is learning the character of different mods and then there is outright working around buggy behavior, and it looks like the Buildcraft duder was all about those buggy behavior shenanigans.

No, see, lossy energy cables that explode if too much power builds up in them and item pipes that vomit their contents into the world if there is no valid inventory at the other end is all a part of the challenge. If they didn't have these they would be too overpowered.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Is that mod that lets you compress a 3x3 recipe by opening a crafting table, hovering over the cobblestone and hitting the K key in that pack?

I just checked and holy poo poo you can! I never knew this was there! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

xanthan posted:

Ray tracing is in the other PC version. Also I'm pretty sure it would set my PC on fire if I tried to run it with mods.