Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Mr Scumbag posted:

I have an odd qeustion:

I've just set up a nether grinder, and I'm killing them by running netherstar generators near them, so they die, drop nether stars, then the nether stars go into the generators which kills the withers. It's perfectly self sustaining right up until the nether star generators fill up with energy, then they stop generating, which stops damaging the withers.

What I want to do is to vent the RF from the machines so that no matter what, they are always running. I know the easy way would be to set up a bunch of mining lasers (which I plan to do) but I still want a way to "void" the RF anyway so that the generators are guaranteed to always be running. Is there any way to just transfer RF into nothingness?

Try 4/4 time; that'll drain the power out of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Is there a way to make a Thermal Expansion machine push/pull items to the same side like EnderIO?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Will ducts still insert into that side?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

MFR mushroom farms are based on growing little mushrooms in to big mushrooms. You need a lot more space than one block high.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Bill gates plz migrate Minecraft off java, thx

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Quick check: most of these Botania builds use tons of hoppers. Are they still murder on servers or is that old knowledge?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Wolpertinger posted:

It is pretty deep into the pack like glory said, but funnily enough I did have a silverwood and greatwood sapling, I just never got around to setting up anything more than a crucible (I started playing something else and haven't gone back to my regrowth world in a while). The main reason I didn't push for golems is because at the time the most recent version of Regrowth had a bugged version of agricraft that broke compatibility with golems so they'd destroy the crops every time they harvested and be unable to replant them. Apparently the only alternatives were a Forestry autofarm which requires apatite which doesn't even spawn in regrowth so you'd need to do stupid amounts of orechard grinding to get it, or Buildcraft Robotics which are actually really cool looking but also immensely expensive and complicated and endgame.
Direwolf20 did a multifarm with fertilizer made from salt peter. I think it comes from nether ore and or crushing gunpowder.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

The alternate recipes for torches are good. MFR rubber plus sticks if you're short on coal, and TiCons stone rods and coal if you're deep underground.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Bhodi posted:

This is something I specifically hope to work on, if rocko is amenable.

I also REALLY like the way botania does ghost blocks, but I'm not sure if that's adaptable to general usage, it may be hardcoded into botania itself. If not, that would be really neat to use as a teaching tool as well.

Animated gifs would be better. I'd like to do this, too. There's no way to display in-game AFIAK. I've been avoiding learning java, there are enough languages in my head already, but since HQM is open source and on github now, it may actually be trivial to add this functionality. Something to research, certainly.
Would this mod do anything for you?
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enchiridion

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Can you pump yellorium out of a reactor in the first place?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Pro tip: you don't have to make 5x5 smelters anymore. A max size smelter can do a poo poo ton of ore at a time.

However a reasonable casting basin system currently eludes me. They're graphics lag in of themselves, and it's hard to keep trace fluids from being left in the basins. There's a mod called Thermal Smeltery I think that adds in fluid transposer recipes that would probably help immensely, but I haven't messed with it yet.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

ProjectE let's you turn thirty minutes of mining and one blaze rod into everything free forever plus invincible armor and the best tools. If you can get the blaze rod as dungeon loot or from rogue like dungeons, you never have to go to the nether.

Divination rod makes finding diamonds easy. Set up a pulverizer loop, idle till you have enough EMC to make the book, and all items are unlocked forever.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I could't in good conscience expect people to babysit crops that could revert though. I mean, that's a quest mod pack where you literally have to watch grass grow. I didn't really know about the rest of that stuff though, including SugarAddict's stuff.

Open blocks sprinklers will also hydrate a block.

I think TiCon had nether rack based recipes for making a Smeltery but I'm real rusty on Minecraft right now.

I feel we're about to have a wave of 1.8.9 mod packs so it might be a bad time for planning a new pack.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Edminster posted:

To The Core, on Yogscast Duncan's channel. It's a modpack full of random gently caress-you stuff (torches set fire to things, darkness causes insanity, you can suffocate if there are no plants around, silverfish eggs are everywhere, the list goes on and on) played by a team consisting of a high-strung manager, an almost competent engineer, and a trolly rear end in a top hat lovable scamp. Bad things happen to them all the time but because half of it is random and the other half caused by ignorance or malevolence there's a constant dynamic of paranoia and interpersonal squabbling.

I love that random earth quakes caused a Mexican stand off of accusations

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

they slowly and agonizingly die without moving when release, sans soul, from their cage of bone

Don't worry. The soul gets forcibly implanted in a pig person. It doesn't go to waste.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Somebody else can probably explain better, but it is my understanding there are two ways to expedite plant growth. One manipulates what happens with plants during a tick, and others basically randomly bonemeal.

Some mods will usually block one or the other. I think magical crops has traditionally been the tricky one. Lilypads of fertility affect plants through ticks and speed them up fine, but sprinklers won't do anything.

Yes this is true. Tick boosters work on nearly any plant (ender lillies are the only one I know of with code that prevents that). I think the Psi Overgrowth says "fertilize" so it most likely does a bonemeal effect.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

Makes sense, thanks.

I wish Extra Utilities would come out for 1.8.9 too, having lassos and redstone clocks would be lovely for working with Intangible. I can't see myself having any loving fun at all getting villagers from bumfuck nowhere back to my base.

It's gotta come soon. Dire was playing with a golden lasso and cursed lasso a few episodes ago. Cursed was broken though.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I can understand making things incredibly hard on yourself for the challenge, but I don't get nerfing carpenter's blocks since they're entirely cosmetic

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Does it allow melting cobble for seared stone? Try starting with a 1x1 Smeltery and bootstrap from there.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

CoreDuo posted:

Worse, you have to deal with steel production.

Note: This is actually an animated GIF.

Oh you gently caress, you weren't lying

Heffer
May 1, 2003

You could gate mods behind other mods, without necessarily forcing any of the other time sinks. Like MFR machine frames are made in the botania runic altar which is made in the QED which is made in the BC assembly table which is made with the Ticon tool forge, in a very half assed example. Would force people to cover all or most of the mods instead of bee lining for their comfort zones (TE for me). You could also branch (machine frames are made in the runic altar OR thaumcraft infusion) or overlap tiers (daylillies are made in TE machines, resonant machines need manasteel). Hitting major milestones in one mod leading to the crucial start of another mod is probably the easiest option to implement.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Taffer posted:

I'm messing with IE for the first time. God I love multiblocks. Also it seems like it's going to be an effective way to gate other mods, specifically tech ones, without being too much of an annoying road block. It seems like a very Good Mod. Hopefully it's not too laggy.

I'm testing the idea of leaving out Tcon too, I haven't played without it for years but I'm actually enjoying using the various alternative mods and tools they provide, because Tcon always eclipses everything except the most late-game tools.

You could black list the tool forge and keep people stuck on the first tier tools. I do have a soft spot for the Smeltery

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Does anybody off-hand know how much water is needed for a given actively-cooled reactor? I thought it was so many buckets per fuel rod, but I can't find it.

Is that a mod that lets you define your own machines and stuff?

one bucket of water turns in to one bucket of steam. You generally want to close the water loop between your reactor and turbines or else you'll be forced to find a way to generate 2 buckets of water every tick

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I've been very interested in Deep Resonance. The right amount of fiddly with a good range from easy small RF to very complicated high RF.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

SugarAddict posted:

So I have this spamming my logs on banished modpack:

Any idea what it means?

It's a phone home using
https://github.com/NPException/GameAnalyticsAPI
"An API to easily use the service of gameanalytics.com in your mod or game"

Probably a URL got changed and it fails on connection.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Ive been on an FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock and was wondering how to get power.

I managed to knock up an IC2 generator, that then feeds a forestry electrical engine that then powers my automatic sieve. But ive got no real idea where to go to next. Most of the recipies are changed too. Everytime i think, oh ill do this.... i look at the rec and its like , wow i need different machines to make 1 of those pieces.

Being a skyblock i do have access to pretty much all ores, its just super slow until i can find a way of making more power.

Beef Wellington to be specific. You can use soybeans through a presser to make tofu to replace the beef. You'll probably have to figure out agricraft cross breeding if you haven't already.

Also immersive engineering water wheels.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Does anybody know if Infinity Evolved Skyblock has any other mods gated by bees? Bees are my least favorite things so I'd rather skip them.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Could you use the black list and mine anything that's not junk rock?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

God drat, the new RFTools elevator looks good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Auc0Wbfni4

Heffer
May 1, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

Googling around tells me it might be corrupted chunks? How do I fix this? There's nothing built in these chunks except the tunnel I'm trying to make, so if I have to delete them and let the server regen them, then that's not too big of a deal other than the annoyance of doing it with MCEdit, I guess.

Honestly yeah sounds corrupted. Not sure why.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

What are some good technical and decoration mods that are whitelisted for AE2 spatial storage? I found out Ender IO, DecoCraft, and Big Reactors are all out.

Does chisel work? Artifice?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

That was the point. They already have to have a thousand spatial pylons, around 15 dense energy cells, something to fill those cells, a means to remotely deploy all this away from their base, some fighting gear, and the finer bits of spatial storage. I do give them a pile of spatial pylons, but the quest is still something of a terminal quest in the book. They can probably get to the moon cheaper and faster. So I have to qualms about giving them lots of stuff.

As it stands, the ship is made out of more steel blocks than they would ever need.

Does mine tweaker or any of your other mods support InterModComs (IMC)?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I used the custom change to Decocraft available here. It includes some other good memory saving tips for IE:E. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/guide-how-to-run-infinity-evolved-with-1-0gb-ram-allocation.149222/

Heffer
May 1, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osclEiWdCDc

McJty rapidly becoming my favorite modder

Heffer
May 1, 2003

In IE:S I have an auto heavy sieve chain with auto compressor making compressed cobblestone feeding via hopper into an auto heavy hammer to make gravel. Except the compressor won't stop compressing when it gets back stuffed and starts dropping compressed cobble into the world. Also weirdly enough all the internal stacks are at 63. Any ideas on how to stop this.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Your mom is wood positive.

I just got the AE wrench in IE:S and it feels so good.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

In IE:S shift clicking from NEI to an ME crafting terminal will sometimes not fill in the vanilla items. Iron ingots, hoppers, pistons won't go but the mod items will. Any ideas?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I think top tier TE ducts have infinite throughput but I'd have to check the tooltip

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah i was thinking the ore spawns had been nerfed too.

My digi miner did 32 (no idea how many chunks that is) but only got about 16 as well.

Sounds like i need to look into rftools. I will get my ae storage up so i dont have 3 levels of chests and no idea what is in anything anymore first though.

Rftools actually has it's own storage solutions too. I'm not a pro at them, but you can set up monitoring screens and have wireless access. No where near Ae but still good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah im actually a bit surprised how easy the reciepies are for this. I just got my first dimension up and running.

It has molten electrical steel spheres, but as soon as i try to bucket some into a portable tank it turns to lava?

Try pumping It out, it might not have a valid bucket.