Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I had forgotten how nutty the modding drama was back in the day. Are things basically chill now? Technic and Slowpoke walking along, arm in arm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Talonos posted:

The most complete "Starter guide" I have found is located here. (some spoilers of course)

It's for an outdated version of Blightfall, so some of it is inaccurate (Like, you cannot get pumpkins from seed bags anymore) but it should be way better than nothing.

In all honesty, though, the best Blightfall discussion I've seen in any community on the internet anywhere is in this thread. I kind of wish I had bought an SA account earlier so I could have been exposed to all this feedback while developing it.

(BTW, hi I'm new.)

Love the mudpack. Maybe I'm a masochist, but I enjoy the fact that ore is only in some areas, and it isn't raining down on you. Very creative work!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Magres posted:

I don't know offhand, but I do know that the first volume of the materials books (ie the green book with a yellow I on the front of it) will tell you what heights it's at.

Is there a way to prevent the locked info on this book from resetting when you log on? I hate having to pick up some previously mined ore to unlock where the next tier is.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So I had a great time with Blightfall, are there any other good HQM packs out there on the platform?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Can anyone recommend a good adventure map, or map that starts you with a base? I liked regrowth, blightfall, and the agrarian skies 1 and two. The latest version of thaumcraft would be nice too.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 20, 2017

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Black Pants posted:

Wanting the 'latest' version of Thaumcraft is a bit tricky because the last actual release of it was for 1.8.9, which basically nothing else supports. Azanor is still working on it, but the next version of it is going to be a complete overhaul, so I wouldn't expect it too soon.

Bleh. Well anything else out there for a fun HQM map?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

yegods posted:

ARGH. Stay away from the new Invasion pack. What an exercise in frustration. I just love getting stun-lock killed every time I step foot outside my house, and then having big bear spawn inside my house. Worse than To the Core, much worse. What makes it sad is that the essential game play is very interesting and I wanted so much to like it. Maybe someone has tweaks that can be done to solve the stupid combat problems?

I'm enjoying watching DW20 and Pahimar play this pack. Episode 3 has Pahimar saying the modpack isn't fun and why are they playing it.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What's the go to early game power gen method everyone is using? Banks of Survival generators?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
What the hell, gliders have durability now? Come on!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:laffo:

what version of minecraft is that

It's FTB Beyond. I'm playing on the SockCraft Server.

What the hell FTB team.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So if I am wandering though an area with a claimed chunk, and I fall in a hole, how do I get out? I can't place blocks to climb out, or dig into the side.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Any good 1.10 modpacks with Ars Magica that aren't CoTT? Maybe even with quest book progression?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/8721...agenumber%3D427

Guess they aren't playing GregTech

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I literally can't get started in COTT. I get wiped out in the first few days by dogs, bears, or endless zombies.

I tried to pole into the air and skyblock it, but scout dragons keep wrecking me. I dig into a wall and build the blueprint house there, but mobs dig into my area and eat me. I've tried the island strat, but these creeper fish blow me to hell when I get close to the water's edge.

Maybe this pack isn't for me

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Anyone know how to make silk in Sprout?

Edit: Holy crap, this is unstable. I crash to desktop every 10 min.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 25, 2017

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

McFrugal posted:

Foamfix is basically required if you haven't installed it already.

For me, the worst thing that happens is the sound engine crashes. Then it starts back up again.

How do I install a mod into a Twitch Modpack? Just drop it in the mod folder?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Thanks, that seems to have worked.

Sprout is good times. If you get stuck early, here are some tips:

-Remember to pick a class and level up. You can open up this GUI by hitting semicolon by default.
-DO THE STARTING QUEST WITH THE TRAVELER. It ends quickly, and gears you up, and gives you a backpack starter kit with waystone and warp crystal.
-Birds nests are awesome, you can get a ton of random crap, sometimes emeralds and diamonds
-Need ender pearls? Punch those little tiny stones you see on the ground and you have a chance to get ender dust. These smelt into pearls.
-Wooden bucket is nice for early game water transport. It needs three logs in the bucket pattern.
-Don't bother building a house. Travel around until you find a nice prebuilt structure, plop down your waystone from the starter kit, and explore out from there. I claimed a cool granite home, built on top of a dungeon.
-Get started on Ars Magica quick for easy torches / light source. The dig spell also works on obisidian, so screw diamond picks. You can snag an inscription table from the Monestary.
-Farming a ton of wheat and selling it to the stables is a good way to make money.
-The Slayers Guild are jerks.

Sexual Aluminum fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 26, 2017

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

McFrugal posted:

I just crashed from digging up one of those small stones. That may have been a coincidence since the crash report seems to involve worldgen.

Oh, found how to get silk. You need to find a Weaver NPC in a village. That crystal orb you get from the starter kit could be used to generate a large MCA town which can have a variety of CustomNPC merchants.

Sweet, I've been going nuts trying to figure out a recipe. Now to find a village!

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Either I installed it wrong, or Foamfix isn't helping my Sprout install. I continue to crash with it added to the mod folder, and it showing up in the list of mods for sprout.

It's a shame, I really enjoy this pack.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I've been enjoying Age of Engineering recently. It gives me goals for each age, and then turns me lose.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Age of Engineering ore distribution seems off. I have diamonds coming out of my eyes, but gold is nonexistent. I have found more emeralds than gold.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

MaliciousOnion posted:

I've advanced to the calculator age in AoE and as per the guide I'm giving Progressive Automation a try. It seems straightforward but I can't for the life of me figure out how this mod's capacitor works.

I've made sure the red side is aligned to my generator, but the generator is filling up with RF and it doesn't send any to the capacitor. I've now tried three different generators (survival, peat and the Progressive iron generator) but they all have the same problem, despite being able to send directly to machines if I leave out the capacitor.

I've noticed my Progressive Automation capacitor won't work with Immersive Engineering wires. It has to be those dumb red and white power cables.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

MaliciousOnion posted:

From Solar Flux? I did some testing in creative and the capacitor didn't work with Ender IO conduits, either. I ended up going with an IE capacitor in the end. Doesn't hold as much RF but easier to work with. Going to have to set up multiple for the empowerer, though.

Yeah, I think it's the solar flux ones. They have a horrible crafting recipe that uses a ton of mats for 1 stupid cable.

As a note, when you get to crafting Advanced Machine Blocks, don't think the tier 10 ones have to be used. You can make the IC2 ones and still get the same recipe. (It took me way too long to figure this out)

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So far I really dislike IC2 in age of engineering. Plates, casings, exploding machines... bad times.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is there an easy way to automate the Actually Additions empowerer without AE or Refined Storage? I'm playing Age of Engineering to give you an idea of the mods I have available.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I'm going to learn to make mods just to change the SNAD recipe to require 8 clay blocks and a nether star, to get that sweet sweet forgecraft cred. Or maybe unstable ingot blocks

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

got immersive engineering set up in Age of... Engineering, i am currently loving about in the Ender age

what exactly am i meant to do to get large amounts of EU at this stage? i need to run a thermal centrifuge a lot. also how do i get to the end?? do i need to do it the vanilla way and find a stronghold?

I made a carbon windmill and a very tall tower.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Ambaire posted:

How much energy does this carbon windmill produce and how long does the windmill thingy last? For EU power, I have 3 semifluid generators and 2 LV solar arrays. Getting ready to make a nuclear reactor.

e. And for RF power, I have.. 8 tri-water wheel things with around 20 thermo gens (yellorium+water) and just supplemented that with 3 canola gens with empowered oil.

The windmill rotor lasts forever. The carbon one lasts like 7 IRL days.

Power wise, I had 4 at y level 160, and never really had power issues for my EU items. I never built a nuke plant.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

for AoE EU power, i did the cheap, non-kinetic windmills, then semifluid, then a 1-chamber nuclear reactor, then a six-chamber, and now i have two passive and three fluid reactors

for RF I did the IE watermill, then empowered oil, then a pair of diesel generators fed by 5 melon cloches, and now i'm working on a tier 4 envirotech solar

Whenever I use the cloche to make melons, they aren't broken up and the machine won't accept them. How are you breaking them from the cloche?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the fishing rod should require snad which requires emeralds

Emeralds now require a tool to mine that needs a series of ic2 machines to make.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
IC2 is cancer. I was really enjoying AoE until it became Iridium everything. Screw that.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Can you emboss TC arrows and bolts?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
So I'm flying around the end, putting my RFtools material absorber onto Draconium Ore, to make a easy farming dimension. I was almost done, and the material absorber poofed with particle effects that looked like an ender pearl teleport, and I can't find the thing.

Any idea what happened?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is there a way to delete RFtools dimensions from my dimensional dialer? I am on a server, and was playing with RFtools for the first time, and a made a ton of worthless dimensions.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Any tips for finding rftools dimensional ore? Even with the moreore dimlet it's really rare.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Does Pickle Pack have a quest book?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Age of Engineering status:

:peanut: I beat it!

Thoughts: This is the first challenge modpack I've ever played where I was motivated enough to actually finish it completely. I even killed my first Chaos Guardian from Draconic Evolution in this pack. What really made Age of Engineering stand out is the quality of life upgrades -- as you progress up the tech tree, earlier gates like basic capacitors, gears, steel, and even empowered AA crystals are made easier or otherwise lessened in tedium. If I had to continue to make Empowered Restonia and forestry electron tubes just to grunt out the ten stacks of basic capacitors you need for a T4 solar vs UU-matter, I definitely would have quit way sooner.

Congrats! I wish I could stomach all the IC2 to get through it, but you are a better minecrafter than I.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

McFrugal posted:

Pickle Pack Magical 3 has a questbook, yes. I can't vouch for the other pickle packs (I assume there are others?)

It's a pretty good questbook. You get useful rewards and it strongly encourages switching between mods to progress evenly as they unlock. Though as someone mentioned there's nothing stopping you from doing the whole Twilight Forest questline all at once. TF is mostly optional in this pack, I think. Great place to find gold though!

Cool beans. What launcher is it on?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Since Azanor said he would release the source code for Thaumcraft, did anyone pick up developing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Ztones was nice for blocks