Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Turtlicious posted:

OMP-I is crashing when I'm starting a new world, do I need to increase permgen still in the technic launcher?

I have this problem, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Turtlicious posted:

OMP-I is crashing when I'm starting a new world, do I need to increase permgen still in the technic launcher?

stabbington posted:

I'm also having this issue, in case it's getting lost in the blightfall shuffle.

I was able to create new worlds after removing the Compact Machines mod, but there are a lot of errors in the logs so this may or may not work for you.

Currently I am at the point where I can get a standalone server running, but as soon as any client connects, it tries to send that client a >50KB packet, which causes the server to throw an exception and immediately disconnect that client. My theory is that there is a problem with the minetweaker script which is causing it to throw an absolutely massive exception, and the server is trying to helpfully send that exception to clients when they connect.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Yellorium has been bonkers with other mods. I hoped AOBD would normalize it, but I guess not. This sounds like I need to play with minetweeker finally. I wanted to do that for smelting yellorium directly. I think it smelts one yellorium to 100mB of liquid, when it should be 288mB to make two ingots. Then again, not other pack seems to do it right, so I may be setting people up for trouble later. Is this something ebeef should ultimately manage?

Not exactly. Reactors use one ingot of yellorium = 1000mB, and when you're casting from a smelter that's also the conversion used, but when you melt one ingot in a smelter you only get 144mB (288mB if you melt ore).

On the one hand, I sorta like Big Reactor's very simple one ingot = one bucket rule. On the other hand, the smelter standardizes on one ingot = 144mB because it divides nicely by 9 (important for casting nuggets) and has a lot of small factors which makes alloys nicer to deal with.

The best solution is probably just for Big Reactors to renormalize on one ingot = 144mB, because that's really what everything uses nowadays. Until that happens, yeah, it needs either tweaking or just "remember: don't put yellorium in a smelter, or you lose 85.6% of it".

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I should be fine if I can change the conversion just for smelteries, right?

If you change the smeltery so that yellorium ingots melt into 1000mB (and ore melts into 2000mB) then you're fine. I assume this is possible, because sand melts into 1000mB of molten glass, as I recall.

If, on the other hand, you made it so that only 144mB was required to cast a yellorium ingot, then someone could setup a loop where ingots go into a big reactor, and then molten yellorium gets pumped from the reactor into a casting table, and get infinite yellorium.

So yeah, just change smelteries, and you should be okay.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Heffer posted:

Can you pump yellorium out of a reactor in the first place?

I was sort of assuming you could, but I guess I don't recall ever trying. If you can't, then just change everything to use the 144mB/ingot standard that every other fluid uses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Ambaire posted:

Is there a way to force mobGriefing to false and keepInventory to true when creating a new world? I'm loving tired of having to do those two for every single goddamn new world in each modpack I play. Often I reroll worlds a bit if I'm not happy with how things are going and it's goddamn loving annoying to forget to set keepinventory to true and then die somewhere where I'll never get the stuff back.

Look for the "global game rules" mod; I just found that yesterday while randomly scrolling past mods on curse and it's awesome.