Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Thyrork posted:

Awesome ambience, any sources for it? :haw:

Also is that SCT's art or someone else?

The sound is a from here and the art was drawn by TheHave, our artist guy. The next packs we put out are going to be slathered all up and down by this guy and perhaps someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Dunno-Lars posted:

No further exploration needed, so I guess the pack is cancelled then. Oh well.

This is very well written guys!

Talonos, the guy who built Blightfall, wrote everything and is responsible for the design and style of the whole pack.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rutibex, noted Minecraft Historian.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Alkydere posted:

Monopoly? Ewwww.

Seirously, go play some real (and actually fun) boardgames like Ticket to Ride or Catan.

Guess Who trumps all

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Magres posted:

I really enjoy all the little detailing that Blightfall has, it's so damned clear that the creator put their heart into it and enjoyed making it.

I just want to point out that Blightfall is the design of Talonos solely. Blightfall is his baby, the rest of us helped him realize it is all.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

drunkencarp posted:

How does anyone play with any given modpack for any length of time? I've been using Direwolf20's FTB pack on the grounds that it must by definition be well-supported, and the recent update to it somehow broke my world such that my framerate goes to single digits if I'm within 100m of my base. I tried rolling back to the previous version of the mod but somehow all of my backups pick up from right after I loaded the world with the new version of the modpack which I don't understand at all how that happened.

This is like the twentieth time some version of this has happened to me -- everything's going along fine, I make the mistake of making a suggested update, and suddenly a couple of months' worth of stuff is lost. I'm the sucker for believing the thing when it told me it was backing stuff up, I guess.

Because most modpack creators don't give a poo poo I guess?
I don't know how FTB operates (outside of poorly) but I have to imagine they aren't as professional as some when it comes to maintaining modpacks and keeping in mind the amount of effort and time users put into their worlds. As far as I know, the trusted packs would be Agrarian Skies, Test Pack Please Ignore, and of course anything from Technic including a new modpack you might of heard of called Blightfall :smug: :smug: :smug: I do not know how close Direwolf is to his modpack.

ALSO Talonos has been working on a wiki as well for Blightfall:
http://wiki.technicpack.net/Your_First_Day(Blightfall)

Since he is Mr. Blightfall it's prolly p. good.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 15, 2015

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
The more things change the more they stay the same.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ixjuvin posted:

The Legends artwork is rockin' but also I feel like, by putting all these bad old mods in one place you're risking some sort of horrible mutant accident. Or maybe you'll finally summon Rutibex into the mystical land of 1.7, who can say.

:ssh: you've discovered the secret of Tekkit Legends

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hi do any of you have HTC Vives at all?

Because I just played Tekkit Legends in VR.

Then Blightfall (although there is some design issues like there is no way to input text with the Vive controllers, and some aspects of the dialog system don't quite fit right as a floating menu) but holy poo poo, Blightfall in VR. Actually being on the planet surface, actually being in the domes and actually walking around the ship.
We're still testing but it looks like any 1.7.10 Modpack can work with this Vive VR mod.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Fayk posted:

So, Curse just did some poo poo - they just fired a couple people, including Jaded
https://twitter.com/JadedcatWylde/status/735524536079126529

This is me being really surprised:

:|

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

wargames posted:

We knew this was going to happen, buy out a big modding scene, then fire everyone a year later. Pretty sure they tried something similar with kakermix and tekkit.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hey wow who gives a poo poo what I have to say but lmao
https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-and-curse-8ae2b20acf91#.phaue9ufq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Falcon2001 posted:

Crazy, I would have thought that Twitch would be bought vs the other way around. Wonder how that'll pan out.

Twitch was bought by Amazon already.