Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Truga posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure the passive coolant doesn't do anything for active cooled reactors.

Using passive coolant in an actively cooled reactor should give you a huge boost to steam production, if the Big Reactor Simulator website is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I use this for getting through Thaumcraft research:

http://ythri.github.io/tcresearch/

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Falcon2001 posted:

Is anyone else unable to get Steam Dynamos to output energy in OMP-i? It's got water/etc and has stored it, but won't output to a leadstone energy cell or cable.

I know they worked fine a couple of days ago, but I haven't used them at all since I got my reactor working.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Dunno-Lars posted:

I'm fairly sure you can mine aluminium with the flint pick...

Is leveling up your tool turned on in that pack? If so, you have to mine a ton of stone so your mining level increase to what it should be. It's dumb and annoying, turn it off in the config files. You can also add a mob head to your tool for instant level up.

You can use a flint axe head to mine copper and aluminum then follow the chain of metals up to mine everything else without waiting for a pick to level up.

Also, the current version has osmium ore which can be mined at a fairly low level and can make pickaxes that mine up to ardite.