Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
vibur
Apr 22, 2004

StealthArcher posted:

code:
- Progression adds tech trees, everyone's absolute favorite thing:
	- Multiple focus paths of tech advancement will be available.
	- You'll spend science, gained through various actions to open up mods for use.
	- Given this is being done by me, this is mostly to add some kind of advancement system, it'll be pretty easy for determined people to blaze through their trees.
	- High advancements even unlock cheaper recipes and more efficient things, rather than just allowing access to stuff that's normal.
	- Completely skippable for people in SP who feel this sort of thing is BS.
This sounds interesting and my semester conveniently ends this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

StealthArcher posted:

it was half built on the drunken ramblings of buddies in TeamSpeak
Given the crew that's involved, I think I can safely say that no one is surprised by this.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

escalator dropdown posted:

Isn't Azanor one of those ~MY VISION~ type of modders?

I mean, you'd think that would mean consistency of systems from version to version, rather than complete reworks.
Azanor is THE ~MY VISION~ modder.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Gilok posted:

StealthArcher please do the needful
Woah...put a trigger warning on that.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Taffer posted:

It's been "under development" for like 2+ years, and he constantly talks about features and new crazy things, and then never does them. He never actually makes progress, just talks a lot.
So it's XYCraft?

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

KingLemming posted:

The point of all of this is to get along and have fun in the sandbox. Something can be not your cup of tea without it being literally Hitler, and that concept is lost on far too many people in the MC community at large.
At the risk of sounding hippie-ish or sycophantic, I'm quoting this because it should never stop being said.

Alkydere posted:

because it's nice to have things that aren't blocks in Minecraft.
You take that back!

Alkydere posted:

I'm with McFrugal. What the hell does this...thing do besides being a danger to you, your neighbors and fabric of reality itself?
You need another reason for it?

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Magres posted:

E: updated the centivis guide. Sorry for the bad advice regarding silverwood wands, I've always done them before but they're just not worth it in blightfall
Where is this guide? I haven't really fooled with Thaumcraft since before centivis.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Magres posted:

I'll make one when I get home tonight. What all do people want in it? I'm thinking crash course on domes, basic survival, baby's first footsteps outside of the dome, thaumcraft basics (I'll probably rip heavily from the effort posts I've written), and Botania basics.

Oh, name suggestions? Throwing my own hat in the ring with an obvious joke, "Blightfall: How to clean your Crusted Taint"
You should add your tree farm thingy.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Fortis posted:

Immersive Engineering's wiring is really cool.
That actually is pretty cool.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Datasmurf posted:

I still think the Angelas were the worst offender on the last Progress server, though.
I really hate Witchery.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Magres posted:

As far as server owners go I think it saves them some headaches to not even have it as an option - if it's an option then everyone who likes spamming passives is going to piss and moan about passive decay being turned on.
The owners of servers I have played on do not let me use NEI in Cheat or Utility Mode so Cheat and Utility Modes should be removed from the mod completely. Also get rid of the option to change gamemodes from it for the same reason. No one will give me a Creative Thaumonomicon so get rid of that, too. Speaking of Thaumcraft, no one lets me do research in easy mode (shut up Stealtharcher I'm making a point) so Azanor needs to drop that immediately.

Not trying to pick on you, Magres. I just think that this line of thinking about making the change for the server owners is stupid. If someone operating a server doesn't know to change an option in a config file, they probably ought not to be operating a server.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Thyrork posted:

... Elaborate. Because that looks cool as gently caress. A small scale demonstration, please?
Agreed. I have given very little consideration to aesthetics in my Blightfall world. That looks fantastic.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Wolpertinger posted:

Witchery isn't always useful but it's interesting. As far as Witchery's most useful stuff, though, cauldron brews can be incredibly complex and powerful and are amazingly customizable, and werewolf/vampire/infusions could be worthwhile goals in a modpack with dangerous monsters. There's also a decent amount of teleportation and biome changing options, as well as flight that's better than thaumcraft's (ugh).
The only thing I have ever seen the vampire crap used for is an excuse for the make-it-night stuff in Witchery to be on all the time.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I was about to post about how somebody earlier in the thread posted that. I was going to try it over the holidays.
It's great but don't try to open Agricraft's Agricultural Journal in it.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

neogeo0823 posted:

Why would we want to remove Clearlag? It's obviously not essential, but it does seem to help us out in some situations. We don't really have logs of anything specific that I know how to pull, just things like random slow-downs, periodic block and chat lag, and the like. We auto-restart the server twice a day, and for the most part, we're pretty much completely lag free, it's just these weird random spikes we get a couple times a day, that we'd like to pin down.

Because

neogeo0823 posted:

it only helps to show what chunks are lagging the server, which isn't helpful when the chunk happens to contain a giant tower of stuff that could be the problem.

Are you using KCauldron? Depending on the version, MobiusCore is known to have problems running under it.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

Magres posted:

Has anyone ever heard of any way to do interdimensional rail lines? I think a cart ride that pops you between multiple dimensions would be kickin rad
You can use Mystcraft portals for that.

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

McFrugal posted:

What do you mean by Angela's?
Back in what we like to call "the day", Progress had some kind of boner for Angela (one of the Witchery witches). There would be Angelas as far as the eye could see.

Well, not that many, but there were enough that the first thing I'd do on logging in would be to fly around spawn and kill off 30-40 Angelas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibur
Apr 22, 2004

KakerMix posted:

This is me being really surprised:

:|
This.

There's nothing about this that wasn't predictable (or predicted, for that matter).