Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

That dokucraft patch compilation link leads to a 404 page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Also, how is Project: Red? I saw that RedPower is in the OP, but if that's no longer being updated, then why is that?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm waiting on the new OMP and still have to check out Modderation, but as far as having everything, I've been trying out the 1.7.10 pack and having a pretty good time with that. I think people earlier said that Buildcraft and Industrialcraft, which are both in it, are bad, but I don't know the details of that and they've been fine so far.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Has anyone played around with this mod? http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Advent_of_Ascension_Wiki

I'm a sucker for the idea of dimension-hopping and more RPG elements.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Do you guys have a recommended set of keybinds for the (new) OMP-i pack?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Do you guys mostly play on online servers, or prefer to play in single player? And is 1.7.10 with mods still where all the fun is at? I don't really know what was added in 1.9, and if I remember right, 1.8 barely had any changes worth giving up all of the 1.7 mods for?

Can someone bring me back up to speed? What's hot and what's not now that we're in 2016?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Is the BFSR beta playable solo or does it need to be played on the server for it?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I'm looking forward to a move to 1.9 if only for the boats.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Heffer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osclEiWdCDc

McJty rapidly becoming my favorite modder

I am so freakin' excited for 1.9 packs.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

At this point McJty just has to implement ore processing to take over just about everything.

By just about everything, what do you mean? Are we only one or two mods away from 1.9 having all the main features of 1.7?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I just got weird village spawns in a new ATG BFSR beta world as well. Spawned in, used the free TNT to blow up a cave, blew a hole into what was an underground village farm. Looked nearby and there was another one half underground with an intact nether portal, and then, out in the ocean in the distance, a bunch of village houses.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Jesus christ

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Toadsmash posted:

Hey, since you mention it, let's try this out and see if it takes off: https://discord.gg/F55rxwY

Link is set to never expire.

This is a good idea, thanks for making it. I wonder if/how it can be promoted, I just noticed it because I decided to check what's up with the Mein Kraft thread

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hi Thread,

If I want to play modded minecraft with a friend online, my best bet is to rent a server, right? Besides making sure it has forge, is there anything else I should look for? Can anyone recommend a server host? There's approximately 5 million different hosting options.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

If you're just playing with one other person you can probably host and play on the same machine without having to rent an actual server. I've done so successfully with a number of modpacks (haven't tried with any 1.10+ packs), and neither of the computers are very beefy.

Granted that is on our local network which makes connecting easy, so that may be a factor if you do host yourself.

Yeah, I just plan to play with one other person, though I would be playing over the internet as opposed to LAN, so I don't know if connecting would be difficult. Specifically I want to play with my ~11 year old cousin, so I want to avoid anything too complicated to connect to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I appreciate the advice, everyone. Ultimately, ~3 dollars a month is low enough for me that I went with server hosting. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get both bukkit (or spigot I guess) and forge working together. Is that even possible?