Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Probably because that's the same design as their Ultimate versions.

And Hickman gave a much bigger poo poo about Jamie (and told almost the same self-sacrifice story) in his Ultimates run than he does about Brian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Here's some interesting news on Secret Wars & what comes after.

They seem to be hinting at a revival of Exiles with that comment about heroes from dead universes. That, or they'll all be emigrating to 616.

OK, as long as Blink is around. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Guys they made a dog a nova THEY MADE! A DOG! A NOVA!

So? Cats and squirrels have been Lanterns for years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Please, like Ross has read a comic since Superfriends went off the air.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hazamuth posted:

What I mean by this is that Reed will most likely find a way to fix universe up better, because Doom made a mistake of some sort.

Will Doom say no? Like he did the when Reed first offered his help? The scarring of his face that started this whole long lasting feud?

How the gently caress did no-one see that coming? Of course this is ending with a callback to Doom's original act of hubris.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Upper left? It's Blink.

...gently caress. I don't wanna buy another tie-in! You can't make me! Not even with my favourite mutant!

(If it's revealed it's the actual Exiles Blink and she somehow survived the incursions... my wallet will be very sad.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

Haha so they'll not revive wolverine after all but he'll be some other dimension version? That's actually really clever. Ok so I guess I'll look into the series, thanks!

Laura Kinney/X-23 is going to be the new Wolverine once SW ends.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, that reads like Bennett has a bone to pick with people that get mad at bad parents. And also that perhaps she needs an editor or a Kieron Gillen to say "Hey, maybe cut like half of this monologue and let Mike draw... anything?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
http://comicsalliance.com/agents-of-atlas-returns-in-secret-wars-tie-in-set-for-october/

AHHHHHH! New Agents of Atlas!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, he straight up said when the book was announced that it was basically going to be paradise vs Mega City One, featuring Luke Cage as Evil Judge Dredd.

I really liked She-Hulk with a Mjolnir gavel, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Yup, Captain Britain owns, She-Hulk's hammer owned, Judge Cage owns (but he's totally gotta get his arse kicked, that's a given), Frost of PSI(onics) Division breaking out the Claremontisms owns...basically, Al Ewing owns.

...OK, I only had a chance to flip through the first few pages, but why did I not work out that Emma Frost would be the Anderson stand-in?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Advancing the plot-wise, no. On the other hand, Devil Dinosaur killed a loving Abomination/Sea Hulk so I feel I got my money's worth. With Doc Green talking about the gamma, I can't help but think it's building toward a climax where Cap hulks out.

Also n-thing the praise for Captain Britain. I was not expecting to see Parker's Dredd knockoff return, but I can't wait to see where things go. Kinda curious to see what kinda world Faiza is from because her memories make her seem like straight up 616.

Speaking of 616, if anyone was curious, Nomad in Hail Hydra is another straight-up 616 refugee. The text crawl at the beginning explains that he escaped from the last place he was seen (trapped in an exploding Zemo base in All-New Cap) through some interdimensional portal and wound up in Hydra-land so lucky him I guess.

I think Ewing said this Faiza is from Age of Ultron, because that's where Brian passed the mantle to her.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It worked, didn't it? :doom:

Not really. I'm fairly sure this is gonna end with Reed going "You forgot to carry the 6. Fuckwit."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume the Spider-Man that just showed up in Spider-Verse is probably not 616 Pete, but I think that'd be a better story, honestly.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Unmature posted:

Does anyone genuinely think Fantomex is cool?

I imagine Grant Morrison thinks he's nifty.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Best joke was Bishop complaining that Cable wouldn't let them get the BIG guns to assault Nova's fortress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
For all the people touting Jason Aaron as a guy who lets his artists draw album covers, I'm not sure how "Two girls with medieval weapons making out while riding a solid steel werewolf that is battling a zombie army from across history in a dystopian wasteland" could be made more metal. So I think Gillen and crew have Aaron beat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The marriage was originally just a sales gimmick, right? It wasn't a long-term goal like the Superman one was (that DC had to derail WITH a sales gimmick because the TV show wanted first dibs)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Osborn in Spider-Verse may or may not be a good guy, it's not clear yet. (He probably isn't but the rest of the team did point out their Spider-sense isn't going off around him...)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I imagine he also wants to focus on working with the DeFractions on getting Wicked & Divine off the ground as a TV show, too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The thing I find most interesting about SW as an EVENT is that cool stuff is allowed to happen in the tie-ins and it actually matters in the whole tapestry. Like Thanos setting up the invasion of the stuff beyond the wall as a feint to distract Doom, and recruiting the Thing. That was SO COOL to see happen in Siege and then the exact same scene showed up in the main book and it blew my mind. Like, these are tie-in minis! They're supposed to lead to pyrrhic victories that leave everything unchanged for the main story!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The cover for the first issue of Red Wolf has him in old-timey sheriff gear leaping on a modern looking redneck scumbag with a gun. I think he's just in the modern day, doing the man out of time shtick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Did anyone else pick up Agents of Atlas? It was weird as hell. I didn't really know any of those characters but it was fun.

Fix this. Now. Agents of Atlas is very near the top of my favourite comics ever, and I've been begging them to bring Jimmy Woo into the MCU forever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Lol at expecting things from a Hopeless book :v

Spider-Woman has been pretty great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
#9 (of 8)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Argue posted:

Do comics on Unlimited go up six months after they were supposed to come out, or six months after they actually came out?

If you're Hawkeye, both. (The final issue went up on Unlimited for like a day right after it shipped before they realised and took it down, if I recall)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean Kingpin

Think about it people. Rich, bald, fat, spent most of his time over the last 20 years trying to make Daredevil and Spider-Man's lives miserable...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Squizzle posted:

PSYCH, I'm not actually Hickman. :cheers:

e: But I am the real cause of the Secret Wars delays.

Uh-huh :rolleyes: FINISH SHIELD YA BUM!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea seriously.

I'm trying to remember, who did Magik run off with again? Was it Leah or Serah?

Leah.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Satisfied?

Not sure how you get a higher reward than 'is now God'.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Molecule Man making sure Miles was looked after because he gave him a hamburger was surprisingly touching.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

She's not in any book post SW, right? I'm surprised they didn't use the remake the universe / time skip to age her and franklin a bit.

There was a statue in the lobby of the Baxter Building in ASM (it's the NYC headquarters for Peter Parker's company now) that some people thought was leaning that way, as Val definitely looked like 13/14.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also I think Sam is mad at him for some reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The most galling thing is when he's asked to draw something that he can't just GIS and trace, he's actually fairly solid. I've seen him do some monster designs that actually look pretty good.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

snitches get riches

First you get the money, then you get the power...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Zachack posted:

Batman is Bruce Wayne, not George Clooney.

Same thing.

Seriously, if someone told me Clooney was actually Batman I wouldn't even blink.

• Locked thread