Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Crow_Robot posted:

I haven't regularly played video games in around seven years. I recently bought a Playstation 3 to catch up.

I see Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the shelf at my local store.

"I should play this." I think to myself, "It was a very highly regarded game with two (soon to be three) sequels!"

So I get it home and start it. Great graphics, Indiana Jones-esque story/characters, and cool! I'm consulting a journal and solving puzzles! This is like a modern day Tomb Raider I'm into this!

Then the shooting started. The repetitive, boring, and shallow shooting. I figure it'll just be a little bit of shooting until another tomb/puzzle area, but nope, it's just a shitload of cover shooting. Then shooting from the back of a truck, then a jet ski.

Then we finally get to another puzzle area, with the Roman numerals. This is cool again! Then there's shooting again.

I'm on the second to last chapter and it's more shooting.

Are Uncharted 2 and 3 more shooting?

Now that I'm catching up on the past seven years of gaming how much of it is cover based shooting?

Uncharted 2 somewhat improves the encounters but there is still a whole lot of shooting. Uncharted 3 was ok, but by far the worst out of the 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Crow_Robot posted:

My buddy really wants me to get Army of Two: The 40th Day and play it with him is that advisable? Also how about Mirror's Edge?

Also I assume Gears of War was the original purveyor of all this cover nonsense.

I only played the original Army of Two, but if it is like that, then it is an ok game to run through coop. But only for that.

• Locked thread