Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Wild and Crazy Kids host?
This poll is closed.
Annette Chavez 0 0%
Jessica Gaynes 0 0%
Omar Gooding 18 81.82%
Donnie Jeffcoat 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
You even admit that it is "remote", why does this warrant a switch when you seemed so sure? This is weird and inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Also merk why did you jump off of LUTR today? What convinced you?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Samfucius posted:

This is weird and inconsistent.

You've found the type of sentence that gets me to double down on my read.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

That's cool. Could you answer one or more of my questions?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Probably not

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

##vote merk

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who claimed miller this game?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Samfucius posted:

##vote merk

I would like to hear your case on this.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

who claimed miller this game?

chaos man and the guy who flipped scum

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Look Under The Rock posted:

Because I'd like to be able to quote the specific posts I had a problem with?

You don't have a general idea of what you are looking for?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like if I remembered that I was going to case someone, I would at least remember the basics

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Who wants to bet she does one of those things where she takes 5 or so quotes, and then puts a smug comment about each one

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Anyway im good to ##vote LUTR

Tomorrow I will actually read the thread and figure out why I am voting her XD (that is me making fun of you)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

JakeP posted:

Like if I remembered that I was going to case someone, I would at least remember the basics

Yeah that's probably because you don't have anything else competing for space in your head.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I would like to hear your case on this.

It is mostly on this page. I looked at merk's posts and there are two completely unexplained switches. I didn't need him to write me a novel but a short explanation when I asked would have been good, instead he disappeared. I think he doesn't have an answer.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah that's probably because you don't have anything else competing for space in your head.

Um hello, I have actually been an active participant in this game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like its the scummiest thing to determine ahead of time you want to case someone before you have the case prepared. LUTR is mad scum and it will take a lot for me to unvote her today

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And if she is not scum, she should feel ashamed for fake posting fake content as town

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Like its the scummiest thing to determine ahead of time you want to case someone before you have the case prepared.

Just to elaborate a bit here because I see how this is unclear, I don't mean have a huge mega post typed up and ready, I mean she should know why she wants to case me...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jake has been putting a solid effort in this game and to say otherwise strikes me as LUTR not following the game and looking for an easy point to make, I'd be on board with voting her

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I put together a case I was happy with for Jake yesterday but I consider him v towny given the flips so having neither a case at hand nor an explanation for why your opinion hasn't changed seems questionable. Will vote LUTR if she doesn't start hunting scum today.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ok I'm way behind on this day, lot of poo poo to catch up on, gonna have a nice leisurely read through now

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ok there's a lot of poo poo here's some thoughts:

I dont like anons comments on BK after his role claim. Talking specifically about this:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is a bad vote for today. If he's telling the truth, scum will kill him tonight probably. If he doesn't get killed tonight we can lynch him tmrw

like BK himself said, town hasn't lost any observational roles yet, and to add to it, we've already lost 2 scum so the odds of a cop hitting scum are actually pretty low, so I don't think we can really assume scum are going to target him tonight. I wouldn't really mind so much except for the "we can lynch him tmrw" part, which really sticks in my craw a little, I don't see this as conventional mafia wisdom or anything but I don't like making assumptions about who to lynch a day ahead of time and I always get a little bit suspicious when other players do it. He's right that BK is bad at mafia and should stop claiming early but literally everything else she's posted has been reactive crap. Not gonna give examples, check anons post history and tell me that's not low profile garbage-posting.

I still don't like BK claiming a cop without any useful information to glean from it though. With town so far ahead I think we can afford to let these two guys stew for now. Give BK another chance to get some useful information tonight and redeem himself. We've got an SK on the loose so he's still got at least 1/8 chances of hitting non-town.

LUTR has not made a single vote all game. Not one! I like them for a vote today based on this alone. There's probably some other cases on them floating around, but I haven't really read them because none of the people making them are on my radar and I'm not quite ready to read D1 in its entirety to look for some better clues. If literally any of the cases against LUTR based on their D1 actions aren't total crap, I'd be very happy to vote for them, but it might take me a little while to trawl back through it and figure that out. If it looks like people are trying to ping LUTR as scum when it isn't justified, I might need another day to figure out who the scummiest people doing that are, and will probably vote Anon today until more poo poo sticks.

Some postscript thoughts. Somber is playing an unusually quiet game for him. Could be nothing, but reading through the thread I keep thinking "where's somber" he's been laying real low since D1, yet posting in other threads. I mean he's here, and nothing he's posted stands out as scummy but its worth noting. I can't really be mad about this because I'm focusing pretty hard on another game and I'm blowing off this one a little bit, despite the loving incredible flavour, but Somber, please come in and play mafia, even if you are scum, you are a cool guy to play with.

Sorry for only doing the super-obvious suspects for now, I'm gonna make a cuppa and try to read between the lines a bit more in an hour or so before I go to bed, but I wanted to straighten out my feelings on the vote-leaders before I bother trying to do any deeper scumhunting.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MC Eating Disorder posted:

He's right that BK is bad at mafia

reading this, I feel super-crummy for saying it, I should clarify that I've really enjoyed BK being in games because SA mafia feels a little stagnant to me sometimes and its cool to have fresh players, and I'm a garbage town player who is still trying to get the hang of the game so I can't talk poo poo. BK I feel you if you are town and if you are scum, well, you get a pass for today for being bad but you'd better wisen up son or you're gonna get lynched

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
LUTR, your attitude really sucks. Remind me not to play games with you.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sam, if you go read my posts and can't figure out why I moved my vote, let me know. I think it's pretty clear: I reread MMT's post in context with the GG claim timing and concluded that she just gave up on GG so there wasn't anything else to glean. So for bottle, that cuts against my case, and I also feel like bottle's role makes sense with where I think the setup is (but this is admittedly a weaker point).

I'd still vote LUTR but want to drive some discussion because she has no intention of actually playing, just tossing out personal attacks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

To make it a bit more clear: If you make one more awful personal attack burn, I'm replacing out or blindly voting you forever. This poo poo is poo poo. Play mafia or leave.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

merk posted:

To make it a bit more clear: If you make one more awful personal attack burn, I'm replacing out or blindly voting you forever. This poo poo is poo poo. Play mafia or leave.

I asked to be replaced last night so there you go. The minis I played were okay but I cannot follow a game this huge right now.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
honestly I can't really find much I like, sorry for being so lazy, turns out scumhunting is ~hard~ guys, I'm fine to vote for LUTR. They're not being productive and they're making the game less fun so even if they're town I think it'll make finding the rest of the scum that much easier.

##vote Look Under the Rock

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I asked to be replaced last night so there you go. The minis I played were okay but I cannot follow a game this huge right now.

yeah fair enough I'm having similar problems, I really struggle with large games, hope your next game is better :)

##unvote welp I don't know what I'm doing now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I am confident that LUTR is scum after rereading GG's game.

I'm sorry this hasn't been a fun game for you LUTR, I hope the next one is better.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I am confident that LUTR is scum after rereading GG's game.

I'm sorry this hasn't been a fun game for you LUTR, I hope the next one is better.

So confident you didn't vote :colbert:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

BottleKnight (3): Somberbrero, chaoslord, Asiina, Opopanax, CapitalistPig, Asiina, chaoslord
Look Under The Rock (2): merk, Asiina, merk, JakeP, MC Eating Disorder, MC Eating Disorder
Samfucius (1): merk
merk (1): Samfucius

Not Voting (9): BottleKnight, CCKeane, chaoslord, imgay, Look Under The Rock, MC Eating Disorder, Mornacale, uranus, wall monitor

There are 16 living players. It takes 9 votes to plorp.

The current deadline is May 14th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
wall monitor replaces AnonymousNarcotics!

Apologies for the votecount - it wouldn't let me use the votefinder functionality to replace wall monitor in directly. Please look at your votes and make sure stuff is where you want it.

LUTR has also requested replacement.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

That's fine, I'll replace in for LUTR as well.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

So how we doing? I'll do a read-through as I have time, but any major stuff I need to be aware of?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Asking for a replacement doesn't change my vote.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

wall monitor posted:

So how we doing? I'll do a read-through as I have time, but any major stuff I need to be aware of?

I have 3 legs

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

wall monitor posted:

We're already down two scum, there's most likely an SK, BottleKnight claimed 3-shot cop (used one on a dead guy), imgay claimed vomit-based jailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

So confident you didn't vote :colbert:

Yes, this is correct.

• Locked thread