Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Wild and Crazy Kids host?
This poll is closed.
Annette Chavez 0 0%
Jessica Gaynes 0 0%
Omar Gooding 18 81.82%
Donnie Jeffcoat 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Yes please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Got my wild and crazy role, I'm prepared for a wild and crazy time.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Kids have only two legs, I am suspicious of your kiditude CPig

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I want to be in a gang but I'm scared of cops so I'll run at the first sign of trouble and leave you in the lurch.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I may also leave you in the lunch because I am also scared of lunch ladies.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

BottleKnight posted:

okay

impromptu CHALLENGE

Opop and Mornacale, name your favorite kids show that you still enjoy watching because you are a kid. The one with the less embarrassing answer will be in the gang.

Dragonball Z obviously

Also what the heck kind of 2 year old is into spooky stuff how can they even know it's spooky Opop how can they knowww???

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
OMGUS ##vote BottleKnight

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Wanna find an adult and make them spin around on a baseball bat until they die

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Murmur Twin posted:

Unrelated: I watched an awesome documentary about Dock Ellis on Netflix last night that your avatar is telling me you might enjoy.

It's in my queue :yarr::hf::yarr:

Also imgay are you seriously claiming PGO d1?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
MCED give me a pie ok

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Oh by the way I don't like the way Keane's "ask a scum to claim" gambit subtly frames him as outside the scum group without any effort. ##vote CCKeane

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
A funny thing about this game is that my flavor is accurate to me irl.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
hey uranus my undeveloped child mind can't figure out who the scums are why don't you tell me

also uranus means butt hole :laugh:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Breadcrumbs are NOT bread

strong breadpinions from MC Eating Disorder

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Sooooooooooo BottleKnight
you're doubling down on Somber as scum (instead of "dumb town" which, lol)
but you're not moving your vote
to Somber
who you think is scum

why?

Also, Samfucius is hell of lurking and I don't like it one bit!!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I'm gonna both wildly and crazily triple-post to tell you that I think Anon Narc is old because of this post:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I can confirm that somber is not being scummy in this game yet which is weird since he's scummy in every game. Maybe he's switched up his meta...

##vote AnonNarc

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

JakeP posted:

Is that odd for him? I don't think I ever played with him before

I'm not saying it's odd or anything, I don't know them at all, I'm saying they haven't made a single post since confirming and I literally don't like it.

There are also several people who have posted but not really with any real content.

Don't wynch me I'm just a widdwe kid

Real kids do not talk in a baby voice, momslip found. Vote AnonNarc and receive the coveted Mornacale Seal of Approval.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I don't think MCED was scummy for making that (bad) case, but I do think it was scummy the way JakeP hopped on and then immediately off as soon as he realized it was a bad look. Would vote.

I can see where the Look Under the Rock case comes from, I think, but my gut still has Anon scummier.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Also, okay, I think these posts are interesting:

May 8, 22:27:

BottleKnight posted:

just to pre-empt terrible cases of me that will come up tomorrow: I am absolutely buddying up with people, but it is because I want friends, not because I am scum

hth
May 9, 1:20:

BottleKnight posted:

If there's one thing that's been almost universally true, it's that when people start acting differently, and especially when people call them on it, they are always town. People are very, very self-conscious of themselves when they are scum, and even if they are posting a lot and bringing attention to themselves, they're always very consistent and not too interesting.
May 10, 0:57:

BottleKnight posted:

Aw man, making me think you're dumb town by voting me is not going to work. I'm gonna keep my vote right where it is though.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

BottleKnight posted:

lol

The difference is, I am always self-conscious of myself. This is because I was a debater, and I had to pre-empt as much poo poo as I could every speech to win the round. I am always aware, no matter what role, of how I am currently presenting myself, because that is how my brain obsesses internally.

This doesn't hold water. As a debater, you're self-conscious about the flaws in your argument because your goal is to make your argument seem less flawed. By analogy, if you're being self-conscious about the things that might make someone look scummy, then it follows that your goal is to convince people that you aren't scummy, which is not town-minded. But also, you seem to have confused my point for others'; I'm pointing out how it's possible that you're intentionally trying to replicate a thing that you just called out as a town tell in the discussion thread by shifting from buddying up to getting aggro on Somber.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I don't agree with merk's case but I don't think he is particularly scummy for it. Actually, all of his play so far seems to be based on agreeing with other people.

After BottleKnight had just called Asiina/Somber scum team:

JakeP posted:

##vote assina
To me re: my AnonNarc case:

JakeP posted:

That post pinged my gut at the time as well. Felt super awkward
"i agree with merk":

JakeP posted:

i agree with asiina in that i agree with merk, i still think asiina is scum though despite how flimsy im sure my reasoning is

##vote lutr
To MCED about Slamburger:

JakeP posted:

Its a weird thing to assume an SK before a night phase. I can see where you are coming from on this. It is as if he is on a scum team that is smaller than he expected it should be so his rationalization for that is there must be an SK.

##vote JakeP

If Jake flips scum, I'm going to come back to this and note how of these four "me too"s the only one that didn't include a vote was AnonNarc.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Whoops I somehow left an entire sentence out of that post. mafia edit: "I don't agree with merk's case but I don't think he is particularly scummy for it. I have a bigger problem with JakeP jumping on to push it. Actually, all of Jake's play so far seems to be based on agreeing with other people."

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CCKeane posted:

Is anybody else in this game VT?

I don't understand what the goal of this post is.

JakeP posted:

I don't see your case even,, you just quoted random posts it seems. I have def contributed more content to this game then you, so to say I am just parroting other peoples words is incorrect.

I don't agree.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CCKeane posted:

We have proof that two players, at the least, have powers, and not powers typically associated with a game of mafia. This game is also a game with WILD AND CRAZY power roles, which implies more roles than less.

Scum could hide behind a VT claim in order to avoid having to concoct a crazy fake claim, if there were no other vanilla town players, I would be strongly inclined to the LUTR is scum.

I think GG is worse atm.

I skimmed over the part of LUTR's post where she claimed VT, oops :shobon:

BottleKnight posted:

I honestly think the case on LUTR is better. I just hated her most recent post.

I hated it too but I still don't think it was scummy. But I also don't agree with the GG case. So I guess I'm just an iconoclast and a rebel.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

BottleKnight posted:

the three things I don't like are

1) she calls out the climate in this game, which hasn't been too bad at all. It's just a result of people casing her.

2) using meta as a defense, she always gets mislunched d1, oh no

3) Just leaving and essentially always using her lack of time as a defense. I get that someone is busy but it sounds a lot more like she doesn't want to mount a good defense instead of just not having any time to do it. I don't know, her argument about time in that post came across as really petulant, even if it is 100% true. Like "I have better things to do than play mafia with you people"

The characterization of LUTR as "petulant" is directly at odds with the belief that she is scum. If she's scum then those posts are a calculated effort to get by without providing any content and survive due to being "busy", not an emotional reaction to being pressed.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Maybe imgay already knows what the flip will be :tinfoil:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Can I join your loser kids gang?

No grown ups allowed :colbert:

Heh.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
People that Ghostly Gangsta put pressure on: imgay, JakeP, a little bit on merk and Asiina

People that Ghostly Gangsta avoided pressuring: LUTR, BottleKnight

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I think there's probably a good chance that GG was being honest about there being a scum on LUTR. That seems like the kind of play a scum would make to be Right about and look for cred.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

This is a bad vote for today. If he's telling the truth, scum will kill him tonight probably. If he doesn't get killed tonight we can lynch him tmrw

##vote AnonNarc

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Just re-read and MMT was also defending LUTR yesterday. Would scum-GG and scum-MMT defend a scumbud together?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
btw MCED give me a pie. or give someone a pie idk.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

CapitalistPig posted:

I have a bad feeling about keene

scum y/n?

I'm pretty suspicious but when I brought him up d1 I got countered by meta so idk.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Also I've decided to stick with my gut read that LUTR isn't scum and thus I believe GG and MMT were trying to build town cred by objecting to a wrong bandwagon. But I'm sure that there was at least one scum on that wagon, maybe I should tunnel Asiina again like I did in DBZ.

Thanks for reading.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

eh i don't think so but i'm wondering if their apparent power to discern kids from adults is only a 1 shot since they haven't used it today yet

oneshot day cop? is that a real thing?

Wait was that post supposed to be taken seriously?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Given how badly bungled GG's claim was, flavor-wise, I feel like scum haven't been given fake flavor claims in this game. I'd be fairly impressed if BK had breadcrumbed something as odd as "Weird Lunch Kid" as scum.

I think if you're not voting for BK then you should be looking real hard at AnonNarc. If you're not voting BK then you think he's likely town, in which case that terrible Anon post was a blatant attempt to set up a future town cuddle. Ipso facto, in media res, Anon is scum.

aw man I thought it might have given you double night actions or something

ok only my two bad pies left, lets find some adults so I know who to pie tomorrow

MCED, you thought the double berry pie would give imgay double night actions?

But they have claimed a passive role. So: why the gently caress would you give it to imgay if you thought that's what it does?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Also can we all agree that the correct play tomorrow is definitely to decline CPig's challenge? There's no situation where it helps us to intentionally make CPig loved, but finding out the malus is valuable. CPig should target their top scum pick and then if that person doesn't decline I will vote them.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

he claimed to be able to vomit on me so I assumed it was active

Oh you're right he claimed the ability to use it on anyone, not just himself. He's been overemphasizing that he himself was untargetable so I forgot. I dislike that he's intentionally cultivated a meta of playing sloppy so that I can't decide if this is a scum tell or not, but what are you gonna do.

chaoslord posted:

If he keeps getting loved, it's likely that a declined challenge will cause everyone to boo, making the person hated

I agree, but there's no reason not to find out, and making someone hated tomorrow is more useful than making CPig loved anyway.

Plus, if that is the role, then the implications are pretty important. A town could never decline the challenge in EXLO, meaning CPig would always be loved, meaning he would be undunkable in EXLO. Also, if it does give hated, then it's conceivable that it could lead to a situation where two people are hammered in the same post.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Wait so imgay is claiming to be a jailer who can target himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

imgay posted:

no im claiming a kid who can vomit on himself

But if the person that you target can't take an action...and you targeted yourself...then wouldn't you have roleblocked yourself...in which case... :aaaaa:

• Locked thread