Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Wild and Crazy Kids host?
This poll is closed.
Annette Chavez 0 0%
Jessica Gaynes 0 0%
Omar Gooding 18 81.82%
Donnie Jeffcoat 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'd like to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Haha poque you're great.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I had a whole angry screed thought out about how it is so dumb to use a vig day one but hey okay.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

I actually really want to know now, what percent of 1 shot day vigs get blown on day 1. I have to assume more than half.

At least. Like, why use your power when the odds are likely at their very worst? You're not going to die night one, unless you do.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Shooting people is REALLY FUNNY.

It's funnier when they're scum!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

I have read a lot of games lately. I read like 8-10 completed games in the past week because I am a crazy person. Pretty wild, I know.

I legitimately would love to hear what games you read and what you thought.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

Whoa you guys you need to calm down, and think twice before targeting one of us Chundertats.

I personally think Somber is scum. This may or may not have to do with him happening to roll scum in pretty much every game I've read in the past week with him playing in it.

Wow, I'm the one black kid on this show and I'm scum? I see what's going on here. Not cool, man.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Okay guys, I have an idea that'll make the game much more interesting.

I just need one scum to claim.

BottleKnight is scum. In the game, too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Gay's posting is weird and BottleKnight is posting strange too. The meta read on me seems super forced, it's not based on anything but Bottles kind of pretends that it is. Even if he's reading a bunch of games where I have been scum recently, I have barely even posted here.

Also, if he's going to make a meta argument, I feel like almost everyone here would agree that I do not play a good or subtle scum game. I start tripping up almost immediately and only survive any games as scum through some kind of weird momentum wherein I just keep falling forward. People were casing me day one in Dark Hospital, there'd be something to go off already.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Bottles, what part of my post struck you as defensive? I meant for it to be offensive, the intent was clearly to point out that you were just making stuff up.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

You were defending yourself against me by saying I was making stuff up, which I was.

I think you're scum. Sorry for any confusion.

##vote BottleKnight

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Way to double-down though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
LUTR isn't wrong though. Great effort, bad ideas.

I have no idea how Narco could make a definitive call on me already based on very little but it hasn't stopped her previously.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Are the votes on gay real? Non-rhetorical.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I thought mark was posturing for sake of case-making, I'm surprised anyone agreed with him.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Look at the post and tell me what you think LUTR thinks of BottleKnight's alignment.

She thinks he's newbie town iirc.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Subtext? She doesn't vote him, encourages him but redirects his effort.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Why say it's forced if you're not making an accusation, even a soft one?

Well, doesn't Bottle's case seem forced?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

This whole line feels really fake to me. somber is my #2.

Your notion that intent universally trumps content is silly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I'm guessing that at least one scum has a vote down on this LUTR train. My stake, as voted, is on JakeP.

Why are you guessing that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

D1 gutfeels mainly, but I did make a case against him before I turned in last night. Basically, I feel like his flippant voting is forced interaction to appear like he's had history and activity in this thread. Top poster doesn't necessarily mean good poster. In the few games I've played the scum trend I noticed was lurking scum and overly active scum. I feel like the lack of conviction and willingness to switch on a whim is scummy.

It may not be the best vote, but it's my vote :shrug:

Alright, that's not bad reasoning or anything, but it doesn't explain why you guess that there's at least one scum on the LUTR bandwagon.

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

Feels like a scummy non-sequitur.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I'll stack up my town games against yours any time.

Excuse me if I don't take an appeal to authority in a game of Mafia seriously.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

What are you doing this game? Something is definitely off.

You already think I'm scum, what does this vague line of questioning accomplish? Why are you even engaging with me like this when you could be pushing for my lunch? Are you backing down because quoting most of what I've posted recently and calling it fake didn't gain any traction?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Vote locked. This is definitely a scum flip.

z z z

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

If what I'm doing is so scummy, why didn't LUTR vote me? Jesus. This. is. scum.

I don't think she calls you scum, though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
lutr is busy as gently caress, her behavior makes sense in that context. i do not think you are right.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

Her behavior doesn't seem apologetic for her lack of participation though, she seems to try to make Merk out to be the bad guy for casing her.

weird why would someone be annoyed at being repeatedly cased.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

In a mafia game, gee go figure

everyone acts fully rationally when playing mafia, which is why scum never win

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

somb, you disagree with me. What do you think of CPig's case on me?

i considered you as scum earlier but it doesn't make sense, your persistence is the only thing here that's giving anyone pause. i understand the thought behind your case and i agree that it is good for day one. i just don't think that you are right.

if i don't like anything about your behavior this game it is your interactions with me, but i don't think i can give those a fair read right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also the idea that you are being aggressive in a different way from usual is meta and baseless.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Are we allowed to post or do we have to wait until this is resolved?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Haha nice work poque.

Pigman is this just an extra lunch?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
whomp whomp

still would rather lunch Ghostly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
-3 with 28 hours to go, all the signs of a good smart lunch.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

JakeP posted:

This is just a weird scummy post. Are all good lynches T-30 seconds til deadline or something?

it shows that a number of people are just going with what has the most momentum, which is not a good thing.

i am incredibly sure that i am right.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

somb made a case. He just is putting zero effort into getting people to vote with it.

Moving votes off LUTR is a step towards moving them onto GG, who is a strong second. Moving a lunch off someone I think is town is pretty obviously beneficial.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I don't think the votes on LUTR are good votes, but among the votes cast, I feel like JakeP's is scummy.

I feel like I run the risk of being labeled as tunneling, but that's just what I've got so far in terms of a D1 read.

Not a lot of content in your post.

Seems like a week agreement adding to your original statement/vote.

Opportunistic. Admittedly an undeveloped opinion/vote.

Then an unrelated follow up. LUTR literally has no content this game and all the votes on them seem weak.

I don't think there is enough content to discern LUTR's alignment. Maybe a tad scummy, but not as much as JakeP IMO.

I said there was no basis for GG to say that at least one person on LUTR was scum. His response was to point out scummy behavior from all the current players on LUTR. Those are different things.

He hasn't followed through on his response to any real degree. He's sticking his vote on the person with far and away the most posts in the game, based on Jake being belligerent more than anything.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

Coming in and making GBS threads does not move votes off of LUTR. If you don't advocate for a better alternative, you don't influence anyone to do anything.

If it doesn't matter then why are you concerned? You're getting your way if my approach is ineffective. I'm not going to spin out trying to force a case if no one cares.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

BottleKnight posted:

I honestly think the case on LUTR is better. I just hated her most recent post.

This post? Why?

Look Under The Rock posted:

Actually I got an email notification for a PM from Poque but whatever

It's getting really annoying to be the center of drama almost every single day one (it has happened with pretty much all of the games I've played since coming back) and every time, I've been VT, and I'm VT now.

Now that I'm moved I have time to be an active participant in this game but I don't have time to mount a defense against pointless bullshit Merk callouts. I would rather be the D1 lynch than participate in a game with this climate. I'm not scum, and now I'm going to go finish making dinner and head to class. I'll check in when I get back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I honestly forgot that Bottles was scum.

re: lutr case

BottleKnight posted:

can you explain?

BottleKnight posted:

I don't know how much I'll be around today at all so while I'll try to check the thread if I can, I'll change my vote to LUTR since I agree with you merk and focus on my other stuff D2.

##vote LUTR

no original thought whatsoever, at any point. Bottles also seems to have forgot that he thought I was scum. He hasn't said why that would be.

• Locked thread