Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Wild and Crazy Kids host?
This poll is closed.
Annette Chavez 0 0%
Jessica Gaynes 0 0%
Omar Gooding 18 81.82%
Donnie Jeffcoat 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi

24 pages, give me cliff notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

am i scummy

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't

##vote merk though

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nah, it's merk. He doesn't believe anything he's posting.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

what you mean

he's scum? look at his casing on LUTR - it's not honest (and has that weird "Keane... trust me" aside which is mad suspish), it's just him putting pressure on someone who can't handle it well after noticing an awkward post.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pig initially thought that merk was making a weak case on LUTR and defended her

CapitalistPig posted:

Merk seems like a scum who found a way to make other people believe him about a case on a townsperson that is weak enough that he can just say "whoops" tomorrow.
Jakep seems like his scumbud jumping in to go in on the case too.

##vote merk

CapitalistPig posted:

it only sort of makes sense and It isnt really a good indication of alignment either way.

CapitalistPig posted:

Basically you are calling her out on what you say is a "scum move" as if its some sort of tell all scum move in the game when I've done similar things as town.

Im just saying its a null tell and I don't think she reacted that poorly to it.

CapitalistPig posted:

The fact that you are locked in on her and the way you are pushing it so aggressively makes me think you are scummy for it.

But then backpedalled and decided that no, LUTR is a good dunk after all and all his posts were lies

CapitalistPig posted:

LUTR even with your case, was a null tell to me so I wanted to attack you for it and see if anything shook loose but you seem convinced and I think you had a solid reaction to it, same goes for Jake.

not sure I like that uranus vote just now, but thats all gut.

So in response to that lets just see what the deal with Lutr is, She's the best lynch so far today and will tell us a lot based on her flip.

and then acts like BK is a self-evident dunk (??) but puts his vote back on me?

nothing in his posting history makes sense to me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wm replaced in 9 hours ago, in the middle of the work day. maybe "they aren't contributing yet" isn't a great argument.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

the whining about who isn't posting is getting old.

pin will you give me a merk case? i was interested in what you said earlier but haven't been able to review properly.

It's his case on LUTR/me on day 1. The arguments he's making, and the certitude with which he's making them, are just plainly ridiculous.

LUTR/me makes this awkward-ish post

Look Under The Rock posted:

I like your gumption but drat this is a bad case and the way you're going about it is really forced.

and merk not only decides it's scummy

merk posted:

This is what a d1 scum post looks like.

##vote LUTR

he Decides It Is Scummy and makes a weird personal appeal to Keane based on it

merk posted:

Keane, LUTR is scum. I am putting my Merk stamp on this case. Go forward with your plan.

LUTR/me reacts weirdly, and merk doubles down on the case, going so far as to say

merk posted:

Vote locked. This is definitely a scum flip.

His stated level of certitude is completely out of proportion to the quality of the case he's making. It's clearly not sincere.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

those reading comprehension issues haven't cleared up i see

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Vote locked. This is definitely a scum flip.

and it's scummy because you're too smart to believe your own weak-rear end case this strongly.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I haven't really read through the first 20 pages besides seeing why people were voting for me. I don't like Pig's case on me either, and Keane immediately jumping in and asking me to claim when I had 2-3 votes on me was really sketch too.

imgay posted:

would be sweet if they both scum and this is all an longwinded bus

merk and I don't work together well enough for that to be the case tbh.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

PMom get in here I am going to eat your baby.

Hmm?

I didn't take a good look at LUTR's/my post history no.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I didn't know lutr had claimed VT though

(Which makes Keane asking me about power roles even weirder)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Did you remember that LUTR/I had claimed VT when you asked me if I had a pro-town power role to claim?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

What were you hoping would happen? Town LUTR/me is telling the truth. Scum me checks with my scum buds to ask what I should answer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Scum you is a fool, PMom.

Pinterest Mom posted:

What were you hoping would happen?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:allears:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(okay I checked Keane's post history)

After LUTR/I claim VT, Keane posts this:

CCKeane posted:

Is anybody else in this game VT?

CCKeane posted:

We have proof that two players, at the least, have powers, and not powers typically associated with a game of mafia. This game is also a game with WILD AND CRAZY power roles, which implies more roles than less.

Scum could hide behind a VT claim in order to avoid having to concoct a crazy fake claim, if there were no other vanilla town players, I would be strongly inclined to the LUTR is scum.

I think GG is worse atm.

I think his coming at me obliquely with the VT question as soon as I replace in feels genuine - someone really attached to a pet theory about a particular claim that they don't buy that they're not willing to give up.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

How does getting in a nonconspicuous vt fakeclaim not help scum? I get that you think that it stopped scum information gathering, but claiming that probably kept anon alive too.

Keane had it in his mind that if nobody else claimed VT, that made me/LUTR suspicious, because he thought everyone had a role of some kind. No reason to jump in and defuse that suspicion as scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

imgay posted:

Mced is ns because of pie. Cpig said he found scum from his race thing

what

your post has two clauses, and neither of them are true or make sense.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

why even say that about mc, actually? nobody was talking about them. that's some weak-rear end contribution.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

vigging me today also wouldn't be helpful :sun:

somber seems fine, i don't think he's often scum here.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think it might be opop y'all

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the only opinion he has on lutr/me is

Opopanax posted:

I'm definitely not digging the LUTR case

until when Keane and I start talking and he drops an explanation free

Opopanax posted:

##vote Pmom

and leaves the thread

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm gonna ##vote opop

the timing of his vote on me is just too convenient for scum. it comes at a critical time to try to build momentum on me, but contradicts his past opinions.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh, yeah

##vote samfucius

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

look at this loving sentence lol

Samfucius posted:

Chaoslord I believe is doing just that, sowing chaos.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't think Keane is scum, walk me through why he's scummy if I'm not scum?

merk posted:

Yeah, the PMom case is good too.

ninja: The fact that PMom chose the word "certitude" instead of "confidence" has been bugging me for like 12 hours. Choosing that different word to try to inflate the case is scummy. I forget what game it was (it was over 2 years ago), but I cased Lumpen for choosing words with very negative connotations in his case as a way to inflate it - he was scum. I think I've tried that similar tell in a case a few times since and don't remember whether it panned out as being successful. On the one hand, you have someone who wants to make their case persuasive (town). On the other, you have someone who wants to make their case sound real (scum). Not sure where it falls.

When you post "this person will flip scum", that's projecting certitude. I'm not sure why you object to that word choice.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

When you post "this person will flip scum", that's projecting certitude. I'm not sure why you object to that word choice.

This might just be an ESL thing? Google ngrams shows that "certitude" is a much more common word in French (~0.002%) than in English (~0.00007%).

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

The posts you quoted were two days apart. I'm allowed to change my opinions given new information

Which new information changed your mind?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

yeah why would town want to be alive?

"Wanting to be alive" is not what I'm being accused of though. It's jumping from vote to vote until I find one that gets traction and keeps me from getting dunked, with the implication that I don't care about the alignment of those I'm voting.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

if you know you're town then anyone besides yourself is a better vote than you.

That's not what I'm doing and I don't think I agree.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Like straight up, right now, I don't think Keane is a better vote than me. I get a town read on him, he's accidentally soft-claimed some kind of power role, my flip would help inform opinions about people pushing the case on me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

He thought it was possible that LUTR/me was lying about being VT because he thought there might be no VTs in the game. That means he has a role of some kind.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Is anybody else in this game VT?

CCKeane posted:

Not rhetorical.

(then ANarc claims VT)

CCKeane posted:

Okay, never mind.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sure.

But I don't think he's scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

LUTR/me claimed VT, Keane thought there were no VTs in the game and asked if anyone was VT thinking he had caught LUTR/me in a lie, ANarc/wallmonitor claimed VT in response.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JakeP posted:

Then how is anyone using that to clear Anon? If Lutr was town, and claimed VT, and Anarc was scum, she would have no reason not to believe there was VT in this game

We've been through this twice!

-If there are other VTs, scum would like to know who they are to narrow down the power roles and NK targets
-Claiming VT D1 narrows down the options that scum would have later down the line
-Scum would be happy to let Keane go down the fallacious "are there other VTs??????" path of argumentation, they wouldn't want to stop it before it's even begun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh

##vote mc

• Locked thread