Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

hello new friend, I hope you have a nicer time here in byob. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

FluffieDuckie posted:

oh god so many words :negative:

thats because it's from the big-league gray forums. thats how they do things up there in the majors: giant walls of text

joke_explainer

I think the overuse of the semicolon is another thing that probably grates on some people OP. I don't really care, I get the gist of what you're saying, but it does feel like, sort of like:

every sentence is long;

It's really dragging on but;

It never really quite finishes;

Exactly what it's trying to say;

creating a kind of constant dip and continue in the paragraph that's frustrating.

Anyway, on your original three questions, learning to be patient is a useful skill. Overall, 5 minutes of your day waiting on the elderly to finish checking out is probably a lot better than pushing ahead of them or demanding they be removed or whatever. Same with the deal on the "waiting for someone to move away from the product you want" thing, though most people aren't confused or scared by you grabbing a product in front of them, especially if you know what you want. Like:

I'm sitting here, staring at coffee. What coffee do I want. I can't figure it out.

You walk by. You reach out in front of me and grab a package of coffee. This is normal in a grocery store. I don't assume you're threatening me, you aren't like making eye contact or staring while you do it or whatever. I continue my coffee ruminations unhindered by your waiting on me to move.

But if you feel really too awkward to do that, learning to calm yourself is good mindfulness. Maybe collect your other items first. The fact that you get so irritated is more a reflection on your own mental state versus the person taking their sweet time choosing a brand of coffee. It shouldn't be that irritating to you. Try to consider other things.

Also, welcome to BYOB! I assume you actually are a really silly gimmick account but on the off chance that you aren't, feel free to heed the advice.

tao of lmao

the only person who can communicate w the op is equally overly-verbose

treasure bear

I myself think that for me at least that it above all is of utmost paramount importance for a person or persons that are engaged in the act of constructing a sentence to use as many words as you can humanly possibly fit in to a body of written English language text that you or someone else is writing.

FluffieDuckie

Cumt posted:

I myself think that for me at least that it above all is of utmost paramount importance for a person or persons that are engaged in the act of constructing a sentence to use as many words as you can humanly possibly fit in to a body of written English language text that you or someone else is writing.

tldr

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

landy.
i like the op's long posts because i'm a listener

Cyber Dog

op you are a sensitive person in a rough world

Cyber Dog

italo calvino posted:

THE WIND, ENTERING A town from far away, brings unaccustomed gifts, of which only a few sensitive souls become aware, such as sufferers from hay fever, who sneeze because of the pollen of flowers growing in other regions.

One day a gust of wind dropped spores on a stretch of flowerbed alongside a city street and fungi sprouted. No-one noticed them but the labourer Marcovaldo, who took the tram from just that spot every morning.

This Marcovaldo had eyes that were not very well adapted to town Life: posters, traffic lights, shop windows, neon signs, public notices - although specially designed to attract attention - never caught his eyes, which seemed to be wandering over desert sands. On the other hand, a leaf turning yellow on a bough, a feather caught up on a tile, never escaped him; there was never a horsefly on the back of a horse, a worm-hole in a table, the peel of a fig squashed on the pavement, which Marcovaldo did not notice and did not reflect upon, observing the changes of the seasons, the longings of his soul and the wretchedness of his existence.

Thus one morning, while he was waiting for the tram that took him to the firm where he worked as an odd-job man, he noticed something unusual by the stop, in the strip of barren crusted soil that followed the line of trees flanking the street: here and there, by the roots of the trees, it seemed as though little protuberances were swelling up which in some places had burst through and allowed roundish objects to emerge from under the ground.

He bent down to tie his shoe and looked more closely. they were mushrooms, real mushrooms, that were sprouting in the very heart of the town It seemed to Marcovaldo that the grey and miserable world that surrounded him had suddenly become generous with hid den riches, and that he could still expect something from life be sides the hourly wage provided by his contract, the emergency fund, family allowances and the bread subsidy.

At work he was more absent-minded than usual. He thought to himself that while he was there unloading parcels and crates, in the darkness of the earth silent, slow mushrooms, known only to him, were maturing their porous pulp, absorbing subterranean juices, breaking the crust of the soil. “One night of rain would be enough,” he said to himself, “and they would be ready to pick.” And he couldn’t wait to tell his wife and children about his discovery.

“Listen to me,” he said during the meagre midday meal. “Within the week we shall be eating mushrooms! Fried mushrooms! Take it from me!”

And to the smallest children, who didn’t know what mushrooms were, he ecstatically described the beauty of all the different kinds of edible fungi, the delicacy of their flavour and how they should be cooked; this drew his wife into the conversation, although up to then she hadn’t taken his story very seriously.

“Where are these mushrooms?” asked the children. “Tell us where they grow”

At this question Marcovaldo’s enthusiasm was reined in by a suspicious thought. “If I tell them the place, they’ll go and look for them with the usual gang of kids, word will get round and the mushrooms will end up in other people’s pots.” Thus the discovery which at first had filled his heart with universal love now imbued it with the mania of possession, enclosed it with a jealous, suspicious fear.

“I’m the only one who knows where the mushrooms are,” he told his children, “and mind you don’t let on about them.”

The following morning, as he approached the tram stop, he was full of apprehension. He bent down over the flowerbed and saw with relief that the mushrooms had grown a little but not much, they were still almost completely hidden by the earth.

He was bending down like this, when he became aware that there was someone just behind him. He straightened up quickly and tried to look unconcerned. It was a road sweeper who was watching him, leaning on his broom.

This road sweeper, within whose jurisdiction the mushrooms were growing, was a lanky youth wearing spectacles. His name was Amadigi and for a long time Marcovaldo hadn’t liked him, he didn’t know why himself. Perhaps he was irritated by those glasses that scrutinized the asphalt of the streets in order to eliminate all trace of natural objects.

It was Saturday; and Marcovaldo spent his free half-day wandering with a casual air round the vicinity of the flowerbed, keeping an eye from a distance on the road sweeper and the mushrooms and reckoning up how long it would take them to grow.

That night it rained. Just as peasants wake up and jump for joy at the sound of the first drops after months of drought, so Marcovaldo, alone In the whole town, sat up in bed and called out to his family:
“It’s raining, it’s raining.” He sniffed the smell of wet dust and fresh mould that came in from outside.

At dawn - it was Sunday - he ran quickly to the flowerbed with his children and a borrowed basket. There were the mushrooms, standing erect on their stalks with their heads held high above the still soaking-wet soil “Hurray” they shouted and started picking them as fast as they could.

“Daddy, look how many that man has taken,” said Michelino, and his father looked up and saw Amadigi standing beside them, also with a basket filled with mushrooms under his arm.

“Ah, you’re picking them too, are you?” said the road sweeper. “Then they really are good to eat? I’ve picked a few, but I wasn’t quite sure ... There are even bigger ones further along the street. Right, now I know, I’ll go and tell my relations who are along there arguing whether to pick them or leave them.” And he hurried off with long strides.

Marcovaldo was left speechless: even bigger mushrooms, which he hadn’t known about, an unexpected harvest that was being snatched from under his nose. He remained for a moment almost petrified with anger, with rage, then - as sometimes happens - the collapse of his private ambitions was transformed into a generous impulse. “Hey, you lot, do you want to fry yourselves some mushrooms this evening?” he shouted to the people gathered at the tram stop. “The mushrooms are growing here in the street! Come with me! There are enough for everyone!” And he went off on Amadigi’s heels, followed by a retinue of people with umbrellas over their arms, because the weather was still damp and uncertain.

They found enough mushrooms left for everyone, and in the absence of baskets they put them in their open umbrellas. Somebody said: “It would be nice to have dinner all together:” But everyone took his mushrooms and went back to his own home.

But they soon met again, that very same evening in fact, in the same hospital ward, after the stomach pump that had saved them all from being poisoned, though not very seriously, because the quantity of fungi eaten by each one was very small.

Marcovaldo and Amadigi were in adjoining beds and scowled at one another.

joke_explainer

same

Cyber Dog

op i do not treat reading like it is something sucking away time i could otherwise be spending with memes so i appreciated your post and found it engaging

FluffieDuckie

Cyber Dog posted:

op i do not treat reading like it is something sucking away time i could otherwise be spending with memes so i appreciated your post and found it engaging

yeah that was the problem. it was cutting into my meme time

Cyber Dog

*alarm goes off* sorry mom i gotta cut this one short. meme o'clock

Scaly Haylie

please stay with us in BYOB, enhydra. i see that you are a sincere person with many issues, and i think we as a subforum will treat you right.

alnilam

Cyber Dog posted:

*alarm goes off* sorry mom i gotta cut this one short. meme o'clock

ty manifisto

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Good on the op for recognizing that, as a man, they are inherently a threat to women.

For real tho, it's totally normal to mutter "pardon me miss" and reach over for your stuff. You could also go grab something else on your list while they do their thing, they'll be done by the time you return. Bring music and groove to the tunes to mellow out and make the waiting easier.

For holes in the shelf, that's life dude, sorry. Ask an employee for help, or like... reach back there instead of just looking. Nothing will grab you and pull you into a reality where you are for sale in a bag for lobsters to purchase. Accept some things will be out of stock and come back later. Buy redundant supplies when they are in stock if all that isn't possible.

The checkout is just patience. See above. Good luck goon

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dear OP,

I just fell off the turnip truck and am waiting for a ride out but in the meantime I saw your post and I read through it and I have some things to offer you that I hope can help you.

Your 3 anecdotes conveyed 3 things to me.

First, you're impatient. Understand that you are a single entity in a sea of other individual entities, and every single one of them feel they are as important to themselves as you feel you are, to yourself. Does that make sense? It's easy to see other people as "in your way" but you yourself are almost certainly in someone else's way, at some point in their time.

As for the fluorescent lights, you're allowed to wear sunglasses to ease your eyes. I have to sometimes, I get headaches- even if I have to shop at night.

That brings me to my second point- prepare for and accept environments for how they are, your likes and dislikes of how the world is can't dictate how the world should unfold, it sounds like you may need to address acceptance of other people's faults, the world's faults, and perhaps your own faults, too. Please believe me when I say I am not at all perfect and am making no judgment calls against you, if this is a gimmick post then I've been had. If it's not, I may be offering you the perspective you were looking for when you penned the post in the first place.

My third and final point is your examples appear to indicate that Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or OCD may be interfering with your ability to integrate with other people and your surroundings, but a psychologist or psychiatrist is far better suited to make that determination. If you haven't already, I'd like to suggest that you make an appointment to see one, at your earliest convenience.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

dogcrash truther
Hello Enhydra Lutris, I'm glad you're posting here. I enjoy reading your posts.

Other people have already answered your supermarket questions. I like you, but I suspect the reason why you cause so much anger is because your questions about anal sex will not appear to be in good faith to most readers, and there is nothing you can do to change this except not posting about that subject, or similar subjects.

Otters are one of my favorite creatures as well. I think it is very resourceful of them to use rocks to open abalone shells, and I have many fond memories of watching them off the coast of northern california when I was a kid.

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless
Hello; it is good to make an acquaintance with you all. I am un certain of the purpose of this forum; the other forums have clearly defined topics and rules; this forum is ambiguous and the forum description is a strange text about taking cocaine and racing a dog; this is un helpful; I do not know what is acceptable to post. I like the kitten in the hammock; I appreciate the muted colour scheme of the forum; it is soothing.

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
it is like a spa here,, just lay back and relax

landy.

Enhydra Lutris posted:

Hello; it is good to make an acquaintance with you all. I am un certain of the purpose of this forum; the other forums have clearly defined topics and rules; this forum is ambiguous and the forum description is a strange text about taking cocaine and racing a dog; this is un helpful; I do not know what is acceptable to post. I like the kitten in the hammock; I appreciate the muted colour scheme of the forum; it is soothing.

post about whatever, don't be a sex pest, try not to be an rear end in a top hat unless you're funny, that's about it.

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless
I am not an rear end hole; I do have an rear end hole; but I am kind and polite in most circumstances. If I ask questions about sexual intercourse via the anus; is this considered to be the conduct of a sex pest; it is a topic that I have a great deal of interest in; I have asked the fab goons for advice; they were very un helpful; in fact they were rude.

----------------

alnilam

It's more like you shouldn't be a creep or a harasser of ppl also don't be a bigot

Miss Psychosis

Fab goons are drab goons! Keep on rolling friend.

Sloppy Milkshake

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Enhydra Lutris posted:

I am not an rear end hole; I do have an rear end hole; but I am kind and polite in most circumstances. If I ask questions about sexual intercourse via the anus; is this considered to be the conduct of a sex pest; it is a topic that I have a great deal of interest in; I have asked the fab goons for advice; they were very un helpful; in fact they were rude.

Butt stuff is just like byob. It can seem scary or intimidating at first, but once you relax it's p great

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless
I do not think that I am a creep. In addition; I like your avatar; it is a frog wearing sun glasses.

----------------

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

Butt stuff is just like byob. It can seem scary or intimidating at first, but once you relax it's p great
I am not interested in engaging in sexual intercourse via the anus; my anus is sensitive; I am frequently constipated which causes me significant pain and in convenience. I have a homosexual who is special to me; I wish to understand him and his habits more accurately; furthermore I am writing an article on homosexual behaviours and especially sexual intercourse via the anus as a beneficial social function in marine mammals.

----------------

Ace of Baes
welcome, to byob, i gottta warn u, this forum is full of sick and twisted nuts and loons

----------------

defectivemonkey

Enhydra Lutris posted:

I am not interested in engaging in sexual intercourse via the anus; my anus is sensitive; I am frequently constipated which causes me significant pain and in convenience. I have a homosexual who is special to me; I wish to understand him and his habits more accurately; furthermore I am writing an article on homosexual behaviours and especially sexual intercourse via the anus as a beneficial social function in marine mammals.

That said, the fabgoons thread does not appreciate you. Typically, at this point I would need to give you a longer probation as my warnings have gone unheeded. However, if you stay here in BYOB I will commute your 1-week sentence.

FluffieDuckie

thank you detective monkey :catstare:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Law and Order

FluffieDuckie

FluffieDuckie posted:

thank you detective monkey :catstare:

is he going to talk about his anus a whole lot?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

A unique person indeed

Sloppy Milkshake

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

op i want to know about your thoughts on buttsex, gay animals doin' it, and your dead gay friend.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i did not red all the words, or even any of them. except for what julio said about secdrone that was funny..

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather
i have buttsex questions

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless
I have been to the super market today; it is not a day that I usually visit the super market; but my brother and I went to the museum; and he remembered that we do not have any rice or tinned tomatoes in our pantry; it was convenient to visit the super market on the way to our house. We do not often shop together; he says that it is an exercise in frustration; and he is annoying to shop with; he wanders through the aisles; he does not seem to know what he wants or to seek it in an efficient and orderly manner. I have taken some photographs to illustrate my dilemmas in the super market; with regards to the orientation and display of merchandise.

This is the hand towel section before and after I attended to it; as you can see the untended display is messy and un pleasant to look at; there are large gaps; one of the packets is turned to the side for some reason; it is just not what I want to see in the super market.

I was attracted to this section because Milo is my nick name; my eye was drawn by the boxes in the top right hand corner; it was as if somebody was shouting "Milo Milo Milo Milo" at me; and furthermore the display was very dis orderly due to the special offer of one packet of muesli bars for only $1.99; this is half of the usual price and so merchandise is far more in demand; and is removed from the shelf at a higher rate. With some re arrangement I was able to create a far more organised and visually cohesive display; it is pleasant to look at.

This display is for the Red Bull [a popular energy drink containing a high amount of caffeine); this stock has also been depleted due to a special offer in place; I was un able to organise it because my brother stopped me; he said it is time to go home; he said stop fiddling with the stock; he said you will be escorted out by security; he said the police men will take you away and put you in a home for the mentally deranged. When I return to the super market I will go straight to the Red Bull enclosure; it clearly needs my assistance; the staff are over worked; they do not have time to attend to such matters; but display up keep is crucial to the super market experience.

----------------

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

op i want to know about your thoughts on buttsex, gay animals doin' it, and your dead gay friend.
My homosexual is not dead; he is very depressed; I fear that he will commit suicide; he also smokes many cigarettes on a daily basis and exposes himself to the numerous health risks thereof (cancer of the lungs; emphysema; heart disease; coronary disease; etcetera); but he is currently alive.

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Oh hey. A new poster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless
Hello; I initially posted in the everything and nothing forum; they attacked me; so Detective Monkey [the moderator of that forum] transferred me to this forum instead.

----------------

• Locked thread