Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
STAR WARS: ROGUE TRADER

OOC thread

Current Cast:
Lord-Captain - Ioka played by FireSight
First Officer - Octavius Ryan played by Sniper4625
Master Helmsmen - Dalul Vals played by MustascheRide
Master of Ordnance - Allison McCallon played by Kylra
Chief Chiurgeon - Krussk played by John Dyne
Enginseer Prime - Arfus Kroad played by fool_of_sound
High Factorum - Jian the Accountant played by Mechayahiko

Foreword:

The maiden voyage of The Fair Deal. You and the ship are station at D9 in the Kira system. It is part of the ominously named sector Vitaan's Folly. It is the furthest reach of the Empire to date. The ship is an asteroid made into the shape of a Sandcrawler. It shall become the perfect instrument for the Lord-Captain to project his will. To aid in his endeavor, the crew arrive to join under his banner:

The immediate area has an Imperial picket. The VSD Dauntless being prominent. There are several weapon platforms and fighter wings to repulse any attacks. For now, it would be suicide to assault this area.

The final checklist for the Fair Deal is nearly completed when several other starships arrive. Their registries appear before you. The first one is the Vertigo, a uniquely made ship that exceeds the size of any Star Destroyer known to date. The second one is the Hostile Acquisition, it is a heavily modified Victory Star Destroyer. Lastly, the Folly’s Bounty a Nebulon-B frigate encased in gold.

The ships begin to circle around the Imperial space station. After a while, shuttles begin to leave their hangar bays as they go into the station itself. You receive a message from the space station indicating you are invited for a very important meeting for the future of Vitaan’s Folly.

Obligation:

Obligation: 1d100 50

For others; however, their past has begun to creep up. Allison McCallon’s debt collectors have found her this deep into the frontier. So far, no move has been made against her, but their presence has been unnerving for her and the crew.

---------------------------------------

OOC: Time to do your first posts and also figure out what is the ship you’ll be using to dock with the space station.

Everyone takes a max -1 strain, except Allison McCallon who takes a max -2 strain.

Destiny Pool:
Destiny Dice Pool: 7eF 1 Light Side, 6 Dark Side

<<<<<1 Light Side/6 Dark Side>>>>>

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
The Ship

Factions:

The Galactic Empire
Capital: D9, Kira System
Government: The New Order
Religion: Secular
Sub-Factions: The Imperial Army, the Imperial Navy, the Stormtrooper Corps, the ISB, and the Imperial Hand
Important Characters: Colonel Marek Tarwek, ????, General Corazon Nooram,????, The Emperor
Relations: Indifferent

Description: The Galactic Empire, which rose from the ashes of the dying Republic, is a relatively new organization. It has yet to whet itself against a truly terrifying threat. Nonetheless, it has a military might unmatched, but taking up the mantle that was removed forcibly from the Jedis is a hard task and the Empire is hoping to expand it's influence in various regions. The Imperial presence in Vitaan's Folly is marginal as the Empire is busy with other sectors at the moment. Leaving it relatively open for privateers to stake their claim.

Confederacy of Independent Systems
Capital: Probably Septimus (Unknown)
Government: Bicameral Confederacy
Religion: Order of Sith Lords
Sub-Factions: Aqualish Pirates, Nemodian Liberation Army, True Patriots
Important Characters: General Val-nuran
Relations: Hostile

Description: Refer to as the Remnant. They do not recognize the cessation of hostilities years ago and continue their fight. They are composed fanatical devotees who are backed by their droid army. They also use conscripted soldiers forcibly taken from worlds to fight for them. Despite the fact the Imperial Navy outmatches them, outside the Empire, they represent a valid threat to any and all Privateers.

The Free Monarchy of Jammu
Capital: Jammu, Casavir System
Government: Absolute Monarchy
Religion: Nian
Sub-Factions: The Royal Navy, The Royal Army, The Royal Knights
Important Characters: ????, ????, Admiral Harrington, King Davission IX
Relations: Hostile

Description: Ruled by the tyrannical Luxa dynasty who has crushed any and all resistance to their rule with an iron fist. Their military appears to rival the Imperials stationed here. They could easily crush the Empire at the Kira system, but recognize they will face reprisals and thus will be crushed. There exists a Cold War at this moment. The Empire believes they are harboring the Remnant. Any ships bearing their marks are free game for Privateers. War is now declared.
Rivals:

Yuria Sterling

The oldest of the Sterling dynasty, she was exiled by her royal family for inciting a rebellion in her home planet to put herself in charge fifteen years before the Clone Wars began. She then made a name for herself selling arms to both sides of the Sepan conflict. Once the Clone Wars began, she mobilized her assets and fought in the name of the Republic. She was able to capture multiple ships and had a navy that by the war’s end rivaled that of a Moff. Yet her greatest claim to fame was breaking the siege of Coruscant and aiding the Republic navy. She is guarded by elite Arc Commandos who have sworn to defend her to the death. In reward for her meritorious service, she was given a Letter of Marque by the Emperor to go to Vitaan’s Folly. Rumors say that it is to exile her and hope she doesn’t attempt to overthrow the Emperor himself. Still her ambitions are limitless and has conquered several systems already. Her fleet is unmatched and any potential rivals will be crushed instantly. Her flagship is the Vertigo

Grad Cortez

The legendary pirate king of Vitaan’s Folly. In all appearances, he is a loyal Imperial citizen, but he has earned his mark by interpreting the terms of his Marque rather liberally. Raiding any and all vessels that come across his path has earned him many enemies. Still, he has carved a system out to his glory. The only known port is Bayamon which is considered a pirate haven. His rival Yuria has yet to swat it down due to the fact he would just make another port if that was destroyed. Still, the Guayama system’s location and route is known only to his most trusted confidants and all travel is strictly forbidden there. If Sterling ever found the system, she would have to contend with a very powerful pirate force waiting to repulse any invaders. His ship is a custom star destroyer class vessel known as the Hostile Acquisition.

Xiao Zedong

She obtained her Letter of Marque by selling her entire planet into slavery due to boredom. She is only doing this because it seems fun. She has a legion of slaves with explosive collars attached. If she gets bored, she just pushes the detonator to have fun. She lacks the skills of Sterling, but she makes up for it by using her vast credits to just buy the experts. They don’t have collars attached, thankfully. She commands the frigate Folly's Bounty which is completely covered in gold.

Sector:
Vitaan's Folly:
Originally explored by Thrask Vitaan hundreds of years ago. He charted the initial systems, but assumed dead when contact was lost. Thus Vitaan’s Folly remained unexplored until the ending of the Clone Wars. Now that the Empire has begun to expand, it has given Letters of Marque to certain individuals with the express goal of subjugating this unknown sector. Due to the fact that the astrogation computers have no information at all about the sector. All astrogation checks will require a hard check with one challenge dice. The only official Imperial presence is in the Kira sector. It is commanded by Colonel Marek Tarwek and his Victory Star Destroyer Dauntless, numerous support craft, and weapon platforms..
Systems:
Kira System:
Center of Imperial Power in the sector. The main military installation is D9, it is guarded by a sizeable Imperial fleet to ward off any would be attackers.
Sigma Tau:
Your system. Not much is known about it, but the initial planet appears to be breathable and the men you sent there have reports of energy spiders, which means that glitterstim is present on this planet. Factory can be set to refine it.
Bayamon:
Port of call for all those that raise the flag of Cortez and less than honest entrepreneurs. It has a huge spacedock fit for repairing vessels of any kind and to provide entertainment.
Arefu:
Contact lost
Septimus:
Used to be a Separatist stronghold until Sterling arrived.
Koishisij:
Main Planet: Koinatt
A hollow world made by the accretion of cometary ice material around a mysterious quasigravitational 'white hole'. A bird race of avian-humanlike colonists live on the inside surface, where atmosphere clusters around larger ice chunks. The world appears as a translucent globe from the outside. A neighboring star empire threatens this fragile planet.
Yevon:
Planet: Yevon Prime
A planet inhabitated by Mirialans. The planet, as noted from Kybo Ren's notes indicate that there somehow exists a blaster dampening field thus making starship and personal weapons useless. There appears to be a feuding war amongst the people
Jammu:
Planet: Arakesh
Tyrannical monarchy that maybe allied with the Remnant.
Gallifree:
Planet: Xian
The third planet of the system is known as a gambling resort for those that wish to make it big.
Niyat:
Planet: Hadley's Hope
Appears to be a boring colony.
Cherkassk:
Planet: Razin
Human colony once separated from the Republic for hundreds of years has now made contact with it's successor state. They are trying to petition to join in but perhaps a third party can help them.
Pontius:
Planet: Galicia
No native sentients detected on the planet, but rich in minerals. Contracts over several mining corporations have led to a stalemate and no one has exploited the planet yet.
Hecate:
Planet: Zayth
Zayth is a world scarred deeply by war. Enormous vehicles the size of cities churn the surface of Zayth’s single macrocontinent. Atmosphere is heavily toxic so bring breathing masks.
Gonk:
Planet: Gonk
Gonk.

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 15:39 on May 27, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Current Inventory

-----------------------

Octavius Ryan
Wounds: 12/12 Strain: 11/11 (12) Soak: 4 Defense: 0/0

Command Bridge, The Fair Deal

Ryan glances around the conference table at the assembled officers, then begins to speak.

"Well then, this is a motley crew indeed. I certainly hope this diversity will prove to be an asset: there is plenty of opportunity in the Folly, and it will be up to us to seize it."

"As for the matter at hand, whatever delegation we send should take the quaintly named "Blingmobile." Just the craft for a nouveau riche trader to show up in, and the less we reveal of our true capabilities the better. The Lord Captain had indicated his intention to lead said delegation in person, though I of course remain at his disposal should he decide that his time would be better spent elsewhere. Hopefully the meeting will provide enough information to allow us to determine next steps and long term plans."

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 6, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Allison McCallon
Wounds: 13/13 Strain: 11/11(13) Soak: 6 Defense: 1/1

Allison stands in front of a squad of a dozen troops on the waistline port gunnery deck, all clad in dark armored robes. A few of them are particularly short. "Alright everyone, this is an important assignment. I know it's not supposed to be flashy, and that pains me as well. However, if this all goes well, we'll have a bigger opportunity to partake in some of our favorite leisure activities later, if you understand. I know there's an imperial picket, but be on the lookout for an suspicious activity. Since we're meeting with officials, most or all of you are likely to be on ship guard duty. Don't be menacing to the dock crew, but also don't let them mess with our stuff. Anyone not going to the meeting stay inside the ship except a pair of guards outside unless I, the Lord-Captain or the First Officer says otherwise, got it?" Hearing no questions, she clicks on the harness that holds her gun to her back and the generators necessary to power the monster to her thighs. "Lets go. I'm sure by the time we get to the hangar the Lord-Captain will have decided if we're taking the gunboat or the yacht."

Allison's stat block has +1 soak and +1/1 defense from wearing the armored robes vs the heavy clothing on the stat sheet.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 6, 2015

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian
Wounds: 17/17 Strain: 8/8 (9) Soak: 4 Defense: 1/1

Jian looks through his datapad once again, double checking the accounts that need to be liquidated, moved or combined. He pulls out a couple credit sticks and fills them with some untraceable credits.Let's see what secrets and rumors I can buy today.

He then puts on his jacket and heads to the hanger.

Mechayahiko fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 6, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arfus Kroad

"Not much of a point in a show of force," Arfus rumbled as he stepped through a side door, "Not with monsters like those star destroyers in the sky.

"A gunship just ain't impressive when you've got enough firepower to turn our rock into so much ionized gas. Best to look non-threatening 'till we can get some other leverage on 'em."

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Allison McCallon

Allison steps in. "It's not the Imperial star destroyers I think we should be worrying about right now. They could have killed us already if they wanted to. No, our worry here is probably going to be assassins."

"Or worse, politicians."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lord-Captain Ioka
Wounds: 11/11 Strain: 11/11 (12) Soak: 4 Defense: 1/1

"So nice of you to arrange to speak for me, Octavius," The diminutive figure of Ioka enters the room, swathed in robes made of exotic materials, his face still hidden by his cowl as was customary for his people. Behind him trails an protocol droid, who translates his every word into basic. "Especially nice of you to criticize my crew, given that it was your job to hire them all." It takes the Jawa a moment to make his way around the table, to the raised dais at the opposite end, where sits a tiny child-sized chair that is elevated high enough to put the unseen face and glowing eyes at the same level as at least the shorter members of his senior officers. "Now, are all of you ready to meet our friends and competitors? Don't answer that. Just don't kill anyone I don't tell you to kill, unless they really need killing. Standard protocol. I'm not here to start a war unless I can make a profit off of it, and that doesn't seem likely at the moment. Anyways, be aboard the Blingmobile in 10 minutes. And speaking of, who named my Yacht? Blingmobile? How tasteless. I want it renamed to Lucky Find as soon as we can get the hull repainted. Thats all I have to say. Get moving." His lightning fast speech not even allowing for anyone to respond to his somewhat rambling orders and questions, Ioka hops back out of his seat and shoves the protocol droid back towards the door, nearly tipping it over in it's surprise.

We are taking the Luxurious-Class Yacht to the station!

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 8, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

"I will confess to some confusion as to my purported 'criticisms' - my statement about the diversity of the crew should be taken as a statement of fact, not judgement."

As mentioned in IRC, I was assuming our crew was selected by the Empire, not by ourselves. Doesn't matter in the long run.

"I can begin drawing up duty rosters post-haste, but one question: do you intend the entire senior command staff to join you at the meeting, or will they be freed to gather information, supplies, and whatever else they may be able to get their hands on elsewhere in the station? Personally I would choose to accompany you, but others may not be so keen on diplomatic formalities.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Allison McCallon

"You heard the Lord-Captain. Let's get the Lucky Find ready to go." Allison speaks into her comm. "Jackson I...Oh she did? That's great! Look, Jackson, I need you to keep a platoon ready to go on one of the Lambdas until we get back. We'll call if we need you, but otherwise don't move."

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

Memo to the Senior Staff

The Lord Captain has informed me that attendance at the Meeting is not mandatory. For those wishing to occupy their time elsewhere, please let me know as soon as possible. I do not ask for details (unless it would jeopardize the safety of the ship), just generalities. Those wishing to attend the meeting should remember to dress in nice clothes - first impressions count! Either way, please be in Docking Bay Beta-9 by 0900 - the Captain does hate to be kept waiting.

Those who would prefer to stay on the ship are of course welcome to do so as well.

Octavius Ryan
First Officer, The Fair Deal

Quote for the Day: No world shall be beyond my rule; no enemy shall be beyond my wrath. - Emperor Palpatine

Not looking for anything detailed, just a brief heads up about where people are gonna go! Don't even have to post it, feel free to PM me here or on IRC.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 7, 2015

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Dalul Vals - Quarren Gunslinger/Pilot

Slinging his pistols onto his belt, Dal settles into the pilots chair. "I don't appreciate your criticism of the Blingmobile's name. I named it myself, you know. It certainly is blingy." Dal powers on the yacht and maneuvers it easily through the relatively empty hangar towards the blue enviro shield.

"We'll be at the meet in a few minutes, nothing seems to out of the ordinary. Any orders for once we arrive, sir? "

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lord-Captain Ioka

"Yes, I will have two of the most expensive non-alcoholic drinks available on the station, and then drink one of them to let me know how it tastes. Also let me know if it's poisoned. And see if they stock bantha steaks. I know it's a long shot, I won't hold it against you if they don't"

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 8, 2015

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Dalul Vals - Quarren Gunslinger/Pilot

Taking his hands off the controls, Dal places them on his face as the yacht goes into a sudden dive. "Why couldn't I have just kept my mouth shut. I knew the answer was going to be something like that"

Finally realizing his exclamation was causing wild maneuvers, he takes control again and radios the station.

"Station Control, this is the Blingmobile, requesting permission to dock."

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian

Jian stands up and shouts in anger. Dalul, You almost made me spill my space whiskey. Do you know how much this suit costs?

Mechayahiko fucked around with this message at 07:57 on May 7, 2015

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
<<<<<1 Light Side/6 Dark Side>>>>>

Dalul Vals posted:

"Station Control, this is the Blingmobile, requesting permission to dock."

"Blingmobile, this is station control. You have permission to dock at hangar 32."

Despite the arguing of spilled drinks on board the ship, it lands safely. Indeed, the hangar bay is full of overworked Imperials to busy to greet you except one lone Lieutenant. As you leave the ship, the first officer is greeted by him.

"Ah, pleased to make your acquaintance Lord-Captain. I was told the meeting will take place in a few moments. Colonel Marek Tarwek is expecting you.

He doesn't know or doesn't want to acknowledge a Jawa as the captain. Still, he attempts to be friendly to you all.

"Do be careful as those stormtroopers with the blue stripes aren't Imperial anymore, but are part of an entourage. If there is nothing more, I'll take my leave, Lord-Captain."

What now?

OOC: Phone posting before heading to work.

If the Lord-Captain wants to fix this ghastly mistake it will be a hard charm test with a set back dice.

It'll also be an easy knowledge warfare check to see what make those blue striped troopers special.

Ramba Ral fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 7, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

Making warfare check

Warfare: What does the blue stripes mean?: 3eP+1eD 1 success, 1 advantage

I think I did that right?

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Octavius Ryan posted:

Making warfare check

Warfare: What does the blue stripes mean?: 3eP+1eD 1 success, 1 advantage

I think I did that right?

Your Imperial background immediately recognize that these are Arc Commandos being talked about. To receive then as a personal escort is exceedingly rare and means the Captain has a lot of sway with the Empire itself. Due to your familiarity with them, you know the proper etiquette to introduce yourself to them.

OOC:Yes, Sniper that is perfect. You gain a boost die when dealing with the Arc Commando honor guard.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

Ryan mutters into his comlink

"Stay away from the boys in blue, everybody. ARC Troopers don't mess around, as I learned numerous times during the war. If they're now in the service of a private individual, said individual is a very interesting and dangerous being indeed. Without knowing more, we should tread lightly.

To himself: Though I wouldn't mind knowing exactly how they came to be in private employ...

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Allison McCallon

"Yes, put it there. And then keep a watch outside."

Allison comes down the ramp to reply to Ryan, "Well, I guess if that is what everyone else is walking around with, they won't mind little ol' me walking around with you too much, eh?" The irony of saying that while carrying around a gun nearly as tall as she is is obviously not lost on the grinning Allison. "Seems pretty standard to have an armed guard here."

Kylra fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 7, 2015

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian

Jian finishes his drink and heads out of the Yacht. Captain, I will finalize our accounts and wait for you at the Cantina once you have completed your business here.

Jian will make either a Streetwise, Outer Rim or Underworld check to see if he can pick up any useful information or rumors as he waits at the cantina. He might also gamble if there is any interesting games of chance going on.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Jian posted:

Jian will make either a Streetwise, Outer Rim or Underworld check to see if he can pick up any useful information or rumors as he waits at the cantina. He might also gamble if there is any interesting games of chance going on.
Go ahead for gathering rumors use street wise. Standard difficulty is normal unless I state otherwise. Take two boost die for having 95 collective obligation when talking with criminals and two setback dice for talking with the law.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arfus Kroad

Arfus glanced about as he descended the ramp, and a small, lopsided grin crossed his face. He elbowed Ryan, whispering, "Got a plan. I'll be in touch."

The engineer split from the other officers, searching for an out-of-sight network node.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
<<<<<2 Light Side/5 Dark Side>>>>>

Jian begins to head to the cantina. Out in the hallways of the space station, he notices a lot of slaves. They are all wearing explosive collars. It wouldn't phase any other normal person since the Imperials use slave labor, but they have been marked by another person.

Once in the turbolift, he exits into the cantina. It is a rambunctious area littered with various ill sorts. The Imperials in the room seem to keep to an area by themselves. You see bored Naval Troopers throwing cards into a helmet to pass time and complaining about various things. There is a rowdy game of Sabacc going on down there with an entrance fee of 10,000 credits. Lastly, the thing that catches Jian's eyes is a healthy game of drinking going on. All valid forms of trying to gather information.

Arfus attempts to locate a unguarded network node to hack. Sifting through the myriad hallways, there always seemed to be a guard or someone keeping watch over it. Until he succeeded in finding one that was unattended. It seemed that the local mechanics went on break leaving the hatch open. You do not know when they'll be back from their break at all. Still, it is a risk worth taking.

OOC: Jian, you can do either a streetwise check at normal with a specific group like criminals and such in the bar, or do a resilience check at a drinking game, or gamble. It is up to you.

Arfus, upgrade your slice check. The difficulty will be determined in what you are trying to get. Easy is public information, normal is restricted, hard is officer only, daunting is the base commander's acces, and formidable will be ISB level. I used a darkside token to upgrade the difficulty so it'll have one challenge the rest will be purple and a setback die.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian

Jian sees the game of Sabacc and the rest of the room just disappears. He sits down, cracks his knuckles. Deal me in

Gambling, I'm in: 3eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Allison McCallon

"Call me on comms when you need me. I'm going to go try to assess the battle readiness of our potential future trade partners. We're going to be going into a rough and tumble place, after all." Allison cracks her knuckles and looks around for the station's practice room. Hopefully there's some people there making a show of things to try to impress the other attendees.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
<<<<<2 Light Side/5 Dark Side>>>>>

Jian posted:

Jian

Jian sees the game of Sabacc and the rest of the room just disappears. He sits down, cracks his knuckles. Deal me in

Gambling, I'm in: 3eA+2eD 0 successes, 1 advantage

Draws, and more draws are both of your hands. Your opponent is also getting tired of it. He has the pleasant aroma of tobacco and rum, but mostly tobacco. He chomps down on his cigar and pauses for a while wondering if he wants another hand dealt but refuses. He laughs and says to you, "I guess we can't settle this through a game of chance, wook, how about we settle it like proper adults and arm wrestle. I know you want to take me on, aha!" As he says this, his assistant continues to scope the area. Perhaps looking for danger or perhaps she is bored. You do not know. Thwack is the sound heard on the table as he place a 250,000 credits chip right there as his wager. "So, what do you say, wook, you game?

Straight up brawl opposed test. three purple and two challenge. You gain two boost one from your advantage and the other for being a wookiee. You can use a destiny token to decrease the difficulty if you want.

Allison McCallon posted:

Allison McCallon

"Call me on comms when you need me. I'm going to go try to assess the battle readiness of our potential future trade partners. We're going to be going into a rough and tumble place, after all." Allison cracks her knuckles and looks around for the station's practice room. Hopefully there's some people there making a show of things to try to impress the other attendees.

Allison begins to head over to the firing range, but as she heads down there, a strange alien walks up to her.

"Pleasure to finally meet you, Ally. I'm sure you haven't forgotten that certain individuals are waiting for their payments. Don't worry, let's walk together." He seems to be very relax at this moment. The hallways seem empty as you head down to the firing range as well. "Let's just say, the initial payment of ten million credits could be suspended if you do our friends a simple, simple task. We just need to have this simple tracking beacon attached to someone that'll be heading on the Vertigo." He hands over a small object over to you and continues, "The less you know, the better, I hear the captain of it is mighty mean, if you catch my drift, but I think you'll be fine, Ally." He cracks a smile and begins to disappear down another hallway.

You enter into the room and meet a group of army soldiers in their olive uniforms getting yelled at by their sergeant. Shows them how to fire their rifles and such. They appear to be green and straight from the recruitment office. Nonetheless, the only group with expert precision appears to be those blue stripped stormtroopers further down the range. The others in the room look in awe at them as they consistently hit their targets from extreme range with expert precision. Perhaps this is a chance to show them your mettle.

It will be a daunting check as it is extreme range to hit those targets. You can also do a normal xenology check to recognize his species.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arfus Kroad

The ISF network was so well hidden that Arfus was already starting to slice into the base commander's files before his gear detected it. Arfus paused, deep in thought. The ISF would undoubtedly have the information he needed, but it was a major risk, a large one than he was usually comfortable taking. Still, it was very, very tempting...

Arfus was in. The IC were even heavier than he could have guessed. Arfus felt like a Twi'lek performer, carefully reciting the steps of a slow but deliberate dance, all the while trying to keep his balance on the taunt wire below him. Arfus cautiously pushed deeper, until he found what he needed: files on the Vertigo, Hostile Acquisition, and Folly’s Bounty, and their respective owners. Unfortunately, it was here that Arfus was stuck; the file encryption contained an external access log, and Arfus couldn't edit that from here. His only choices were to smash and grab, and risk a security alert, or painstakingly decrypt them first, and risk the terminal operator coming back...

Hacking ISF Files (with Destiny upgrade)
0 successes, 0 advantages

[Ugh. Can I spend an extra Destiny Point or accept a Threat or two to break the stalemate in my favor (maybe put the system into lockdown so I can't hack further, or the terminal operator comes beck just as I finish)? 'Nothing happens' is really boring.]

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Allison McCallon

Allison frowns, but takes the device. Stealth and subterfuge aren't exactly her fortes. Couldn't they have just asked her to do something easier, like blow up the ship? Sigh. Well, first thing's first. Time to do what she came here for. Allison takes a spot in a middle firing range, flips on her generators, slings her gun over her shoulder, folds out her sight, and takes aim. Blasts from her gun shred down the range, taking out many of the targets down the length, including several of the target stands, and even puts a nice pair of small perforations in the back wall where some of the targets used to be. "Well, they sure don't make target ranges like they used to." She slings her gun back and calls out, "Hey, anyone know where the maintenance crew is? I think their equipment is defective."

http://orokos.com/roll/285404: 4eP+2eB+4eD 8 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian

Jian slowly rolls up his sleeve, Looks like there is a sucker born every minute.

Arm Wrestling (Using Destiny): 2eP+1eA+2eB+2eC+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Despair

Mechayahiko fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 7, 2015

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung

Arfus Kroad posted:

The ISF network was so well hidden that Arfus was already starting to slice into the base commander's files before his gear detected it. Arfus paused, deep in thought. The ISF would undoubtedly have the information he needed, but it was a major risk, a large one than he was usually comfortable taking. Still, it was very, very tempting...

Arfus was in. The IC were even heavier than he could have guessed. Arfus felt like a Twi'lek performer, carefully reciting the steps of a slow but deliberate dance, all the while trying to keep his balance on the taunt wire below him. Arfus cautiously pushed deeper, until he found what he needed: files on the Vertigo, Hostile Acquisition, and Folly’s Bounty, and their respective owners. Unfortunately, it was here that Arfus was stuck; the file encryption contained an external access log, and Arfus couldn't edit that from here. His only choices were to smash and grab, and risk a security alert, or painstakingly decrypt them first, and risk the terminal operator coming back...

Hacking ISF Files (with Destiny upgrade)
0 successes, 0 advantages

[Ugh. Can I spend an extra Destiny Point or accept a Threat or two to break the stalemate in my favor (maybe put the system into lockdown so I can't hack further, or the terminal operator comes beck just as I finish)? 'Nothing happens' is really boring.]

Boost Dice for cool idea: 2eB 1 success, 3 advantage

Good roleplaying nets you boost die after the fact. So congrats. Now I have to edit the 2nd post.

There was always a way in for those that are crafty and you found it. And none too soon as two workers enter into the area as you are about to leave. They wave at you. Oblivious to the fact that you took advantage over them and if you were caught, their heads would roll as well. You were successful in gathering the primary information you were seeking, but you found something very interesting. It is a priority message sent to Coruscant to the ISB headquarters. It is about the disappearance of several Imperial colonies in the Arefu system. There is no communcation at all to the system. A Vindicator cruiser was sent there but hasn't reported in for over three weeks and it considered overdue. The message simply concludes with needing a more appropriate task force to handle this.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Lord-Captain Ioka

If he had eyebrows, they would have twitched at the officers immediate assumption that the human was the one in charge. Raising one hand, Ioka waves his First Officer to stand back, and then a barely perceptible nod at the protocol droid sends it walking forward to intercept the Lieutenant before he can leave.

"Pardon, Lieutenant. My master, the Grand Lord-Captain Ioka, takes offense at your lack of knowledge. Your assumption that the human is the personage in charge is a grave insult, one that could result in his relaying your name to the ears of the Emperor himself. If you wish forgiveness, you will have to make amends for this grave insult, by escorting us during our stay here, introducing us to any personages that we should encounter to ensure that no further such mistakes shall be made. You will also be required to provide us with knowledge of important personages onboard this station, so that we will not make the same mistake with anyone else, of course."

Under his hood, his hidden mouth curls into the Jawa version of a smile. Everything was going just as planned. Hiring a human as first officer provided him with the perfect setup when dealing with Imperial officers.

Correct the Liutenant: 2eP+2eA+3eD+1eS 1 success, 1 Triumph

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 8, 2015

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
<<<<<0 Light Side/7 Dark Side>>>>>

Allison McCallon posted:

Allison frowns, but takes the device. Stealth and subterfuge aren't exactly her fortes. Couldn't they have just asked her to do something easier, like blow up the ship? Sigh. Well, first thing's first. Time to do what she came here for. Allison takes a spot in a middle firing range, flips on her generators, slings her gun over her shoulder, folds out her sight, and takes aim. Blasts from her gun shred down the range, taking out many of the targets down the length, including several of the target stands, and even puts a nice pair of small perforations in the back wall where some of the targets used to be. "Well, they sure don't make target ranges like they used to." She slings her gun back and calls out, "Hey, anyone know where the maintenance crew is? I think their equipment is defective."

http://orokos.com/roll/285404: 4eP+2eB+4eD 8 successes, 2 threat, 1 Triumph

Success is her forte though. The Commandos all start to clap on her magnificent display.

"The crews are on break, but I'm sure they'll have their work cut out for them, aha! Now, it is good to see someone handle a blaster, Miss? I never did catch your name, but I am being rude here. The name is ARC-8522 or Dulce" The squad leader hasn't known your name at all but he is impressed. You have earned the ears of these elite soldiers who know only war. Guess it be good to strike up a conversation with him.

Jian posted:

Jian slowly rolls up his sleeve, Looks like there is a sucker born every minute.

Arm Wrestling (Using Destiny): 2eP+1eA+2eB+2eC+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Despair

Stalemate. Credits. The true sucker is the one who loses, or is it something else? The whole bar stops to watch. There is no sound but that of a wookiee and a pirate arm wrestling. One could hear a pin drop, if one did drop. Still, Jian was not going to lose and used all his strength almost inching to victory. Until, until he heard that laughter. The guy was just holding his strength back. Effortlessly, he smashes your arm on the table to loud cheers and wails. He was able to beat a wookiee in a test of strength. What is with this guy?

"Excellent effort my friend, but none really cannot stand up to good ol' Cortez. Now, now, I suppose you don't have the credits on hand, but I am sure we can come to a mutual agreement here. You see, I am currently watched by a certain group and I need to acquire something of very important value. It'll be worthless to you, don't worry about it, but for me, it'll be priceless and let's say that the sweet sound of five million credits will assuage that hurt pride unless you are willing to cough up the 250k credits, which I seriously doubt."

He stands up and his assistant follows with him in tow but before he leaves, he tells you, "Don't worry I'll contact you with the instructions."

Ioka posted:

If he had eyebrows, they would have twitched at the officers immediate assumption that the human was the one in charge. Raising one hand, Ioka waves his First Officer to stand back, and then a barely perceptible nod at the protocol droid sends it walking forward to intercept the Lieutenant before he can leave.

"Pardon, Lieutenant. My master, the Grand Lord-Captain Ioka, takes offense at your lack of knowledge. Your assumption that the human is the personage in charge is a grave insult, one that could result in his relaying your name to the ears of the Emperor himself. If you wish forgiveness, you will have to make amends for this grave insult, by escorting us during our stay here, introducing us to any personages that we should encounter to ensure that no further such mistakes shall be made. You will also be required to provide us with knowledge of important personages onboard this station, so that we will not make the same mistake with anyone else, of course."

Under his hood, his hidden mouth curls into the Jawa version of a smile. Everything was going just as planned. Hiring a human as first officer provided him with the perfect setup when dealing with Imperial officers.

Correct the Liutenant: 2eP+2eA+3eD+1eS 1 success, 1 Triumph

"I, uh, am completely sorry sir. I wasn't informed about the fact you were the Lord-Captain. I will redouble my efforts to ensure no more mistakes are made. If only you and your cadre would follow me I can be of best assistance." His voice was breaking due to the nervousness. He made a mistake and realized it. He just hope that buttering up the actual Lord-Captain will not cause further complications.

As he escorted you to the meeting, he pointed out the various important officials, "I am sure you heard of Yuria Sterling, she is a great hero of the Empire during the Clone Wars. The largest ship here is hers and she is dangerous. Now, over there is Xiao's entourage and they all follow her. Becareful with her, she is crazy. I mean it, she got angry when her servant brought tea that was too warm and she used a detonator. Who does that!? Lastly, there is Cortez. He is only on board with that assistant of his. I think it is an Echani or something. Never met them." He continues to point and elaborate on further things as you go down the hallway until you are in the ready room with the Colonel. He apologizes again profusely and then steps away. As you enter the room with the Colonel, he is busy looking at his datapad, but motions for you to take a seat. The other captains arrive and follow suit. Their entourage and yours have to wait outside the hallway. You have moments before he starts to speak. What now?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arfus Kroad

Arfus' deep voice came crackling over the commlink, "Mission accomplished, he said, a bit smug, "The other captains are a war hero, a pirate, and an insane woman. Forwarding you some dossiers on 'em. And, uh, try to not piss 'em off."

"Jian, I need about fifty-five hundred credits for parts and such. Transfer it to me, thanks," came the drawl again over the Wookie's commlink.

[Sending the rest of the party the non-ship info I got on the rivals. I'll give them the ship info once we're in person again, in case anyone is listening in.]

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 8, 2015

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian

Jian stands and growls in anger for having been played like fool. "Well played Human, I'll get this item for you. Wookiees always pay back their debts."

He unrolls his sleeves, sits back down and orders the strongest drink in the cantina. Several long minutes are spent nursing the drink in his uninjured hand, thinking of how he was going to break this to the Captain. The comlink springs to life, it seems Arfus found something interesting. He scans the files and stops when he sees a familiar face. Guess i'm lucky that he only asked for a job.] At least this will be easier to present to the Captain.

"Arfus, you will find the money in account# THX-1138-GLSUX, don't spend it all in one place and remember to haggle. I will need a receipt when we get back to the ship. Jian out."

He closes his eyes, rubs his temples and imagines ripping Cortez apart over and over again.

Mechayahiko fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 7, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Allison McCallon

"Well that's too bad. I guess I'll save some of the range for everyone else."

"No offense taken. I doubt I am quite as famous as your outfit. Maybe one day though. I'm Allison McCallon. I'm on the Fair Deal under Lord-Captain Ioka."
She looks back over at the other arc troopers and nods their direction."You and your team seem to know how to handle weapons with style as well, Dulce. And that armor! It's something else to see up close. You guys must see, and have seen, a lot of action. I'm sure whoever it is you're here for is lucky to have you. Yuria Sterling, I would guess? Did you come on that massive ship? If so, saying the armaments were impressive would be an understatement. So many big guns." Allison brushes the barrel of her E-Web, "And as you can tell, I am a big fan of big guns."

Kylra fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 7, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Krussk
Wounds: 22/22 Strain: 11/11 Soak: 7 Defense: 1/1

While the others are off on some space station, mucking about and generally having a good time, Krussk remains stationed aboard the primary medical vessel. He spends his time inventorying the medicine closet, checking on the few idiot ratings who had been injured while cleaning or repairing, in the case of one ensign who was too clever for his own good, had simply applied make up to appear as if he had a nasty bruise on a joint, which worked wonders up until when the trandoshan had applied a moist ice pack and saw the truth.

Krussk does find free time, however, to sit down and try a game of dejarik against one of his underlings. As much as the trandoshan loved to beat someone with an inch of their life like most of his race, he found he also enjoyed the intellectual pursuits, hence his array of knowledges in the academic and his skill at medicine. Hell, dejarik pretty well emulated an actual hunt, for all Krussk cared, and he found some members of the crew became amusingly injured after a close and heated match. The number of pieces he had had to extract from certain orifices of the crew was a testament to that.

The medic sits, staring at the board across from one of his medi-droid assistants, trying to plan his next move.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

Still outwardly chuckling at the misfortune of the hapless young lieutenant, Ryan had turned his inner focus towards the names of their newly revealed competition. The latter two names meant nothing - likely upjumped pirate trash from the Outer Rim. They certainly dressed like it, with none of the style or dignity one would expect of those granted such benevolence from the Emperor himself. No, the two should prove no immediate concern to The Fair Deal, or her crew, though would certainly merit close surveillance. But Yuria Sterling.

Yuria Stering...

Have I heard of Yuria? Thanks Arfus: 3eP+2eD+1eB 3 successes, 1 threat

Rear Admiral Yuria Sterling

While still under the command of Rear Admiral Starbrno, Captain Ryan had the pleasure of working alongside Sterling's personal Falchion Fleet on a number of occasions, though just one would have been sufficient to make him remember even years later. The duly appointed Rear Admiral Sterling, while popular with the soldiers and spacers under her command, was a particularly brutal and uncompromising admiral. Prioritizing the lives of her men and women and pure military considerations over notions of innocent civilians and collateral damage, Sterling combined overwhelming firepower and excessive force to reduce resistance as much as possible before beginning the assault. As word began to spread of Sterling's martial zeal, cries rose in the Galactic Senate for the Republic Navy to restrain it's errant commander. These calls broke like water on the rock of the Supreme Chancellor's Office, who rebuffed and redirected all such entreaties. Always claiming that "direct Senatorial oversight" would unnecessarily harm the war effort, and that they technically had no such jurisdiction over a private individual, a spokesman for Supreme Chancellor Palpatine would promise an internal investigation, and a full subsequent report to the media.

All such investigations cleared Rear Admiral Sterling of all charges.

The last Ryan had heard of her, Sterling had accidentally vaporized a Senatorial delegation, their craft briefly been mistaken for a transport carrying high value Separatist targets. Sterling had finally crossed far enough over the line that even the Chancellor couldn't pull her back, and she disappeared from the Navy in disgrace. Or at least, ostensible disgrace - if she was here holding an Imperial Warrant, perhaps Palpatine hadn't thrown her to the dogs after all...

While she did not represent an immediate danger, the presence of a woman with military acumen, a loyal body of clones and a demonstrated willingness to use overwhelming force, is certainly of great concern and a tangible threat to the ship. And her at least passing familiarity with Starbrno might be of concern to Ryan, though that remained to be seen.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 7, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arfus Kroad

Arfus searched the commercial quarter for a weapons vendor. The telescopic sight would be easy and cheap, but the special designer parts, including natural magnetic ferrocrystals for containment and nanodense photonic reciprocators, that would enhance his favorite gun's XCiter to levels unmatched by anything short of a generator-powered support weapon, would be a bit more difficult. Still, more likely to find them here than anywhere else in the region.

[Base cost for Superior parts, Telescopic Optical Sight, and one set of mod parts is 5350 credits]

Streetwise, if it helps
0 successes, 3 advantages

otherwise

Haggling
2 successes, 0 advantages

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Allison McCallon

Jian

While we're aboard the station, and before we leave civilization for some time, I would like to order some parts. First, I would like to get my hands on one of those fancy Mk.6 Combat Scanner visors that some of the Imperial Troops use. The ones that can scan for heat signatures and such. It could come in handy. Also, my gun could use one of those enhanced cooling units to keep the spread a little closer. Finally, see if you can get some materials to custom tailor the armor in one of these uniforms for me. I think they can be angled to better deflect blaster fire, and if I'm to protect the Lord Captain, we could probably use the advantage. More details in the attachment.

-Allison

2000 base cost for the visor, 5000 base each for superior weapon and armor upgrades

• Locked thread