Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Dalul Vals - Quarren Gunslinger/Pilot

"Money money money money" Dalul whispers as he brings the huge ship around and prepares for battle.

Cool: 1eP+1eA+1eD 1 success, 2 advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian
Wounds: 17/17 Strain: 5/8 (9) Soak: 4 Defense: 1/2

Rolling cool for combat: 4eA+1eD 0 successes, 3 advantage

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan
Wounds: 12/12 Strain: 11/11 (12) Soak: 4 Defense: 0/0

To the Ship
"All hands, General Quarters. Sensors, pick us some targets and keep an eye on the skies, I don't want anything sneaking up on us. You all know what to do, let's make it happen.

Cool: Shipyard Raid: 2eP+1eA+1eD 1 success, 1 advantage

On an open frequency

"To all ships, this area is now under the authority of the Galactic Empire. Stand to and prepare to be boarded."

----------

Fool has entrusted Arfus to me while he is on the road

Cool: Shipyard Raid: 2eA+1eD 1 success, 1 threat

Computers: sensors: 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 1 success, 5 advantage

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 2, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Krussk
Wounds: 22/22 Strain: 11/11 Soak: 7 RDef/MDef: 1/1

Krussk had been busy arranging his notes on his research and keeping an eye on the last little scrap of flesh he had saved from the ship, suspending in cryogenic fluid to keep it from growing, when he got the alert that combat was imminent. With a sigh, he closes his laptop and stands from his desk, folding his reading glasses and putting them back in the drawer. He opens his office closet and puts on his suit and medical backpack, strapping his axe to his back.

Oh well. Not like he expected things to remain quiet for long.

Light side point to upgrade a die.

cool: 1eA+1eP 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Allison McCallon
Wounds: 13/13 Strain: 12/12(13) Soak: 7 Defense: 1/1

Gotta do stuff so nothing fancy to this post this time.

http://orokos.com/roll/297214: 1eP+1eA 2 successes, 1 advantage

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
<<<<<2 Light Side/6 Dark Side>>>>>

Arfus posted:

Computers: sensors: 3eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 1 success, 5 advantage

The ships are all powered down as initially thought. The only active defense is the Z95s on patrol. You detect two wings of them. You are too far from their sensor range to detect you. The enemy has apparently a radio beacon that the comm officer points out is designed to radio for reinforcements. It could be jammed to prevent the enemy from arriving but it'll be a hard check with two challenge die (Used a destiny point).

Lastly, if a skilled pilot was able to maneuver a smaller ship. They could evade the patrols and dock with the ships taking them before the Z95s could respond. This is not to say the shipyard doesn't have more fighters and if some of the minimum crew on those ships are on them or not. It will take time for them to muster a defense and get those ships online to repel you, but it will be by then too late.

Player 1 - 2s, 2a
Player 2 - 2s, 1a
Player 3 - 1s, 2a, 1t
Player 4 - 1s, 2a
Player 5 - 1s, 0a
Player 6 - 0s, 4a
Enemy 1: 1s, 1a
Enemy 2: 1s, 3a

Spent a destiny point to upgrade the check.
Dalul can do a hard piloting check with a challenge die to avoid getting detected as he gets the boarding vessel right close to any ships you guys ultimately desire.
Beacon needs to be jammed or you will have enemy reinforcements that will be guaranteed to arrive.
The rest of the crew can get ready. Krussk can keep his free action until he gets into :black101: range and goes medieval on some people.
Any other ideas are fair game. Just assume a hard check with one challenge die.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

"Comms, jam that beacon. The longer we have to do our job without raising the alarm, the better it will be for us."

----------------

"The question now becomes which ships we want, and we certainly have several to choose from. In the Troop Transport, Helmsman Vals has the ability to carry our 1,000 armed prize crew, with another 200 unarmed auxiliaries. My personal preference is to grab the Nebulons, then as many remaining ships as we have prize crew for. Considering that most of them are smaller craft, we should be able to take the lot. As we're yet undetected, we have some small time for discussion. Senior Staff, your thoughts, and further suggestions? If there are none, prepare to launch boarding parties."

----------------------

The sheet for the transport, for reference. Ramba, how many of our crew would it take to subdue and pilot the various ships, assuming a skeleton crew resisting?

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 6, 2015

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

sniper4625 posted:

Octavius Ryan
The sheet for the transport, for reference. Ramba, how many of our crew would it take to subdue and pilot the various ships, assuming a skeleton crew resisting?

Need a 3-1 advantage to take out the defenders, and assume for stuff like the frigates are with half the crew. I assume the 200 other troops know how to operate stuff so that'll be your pilots. I say, depending on it, you could try taking both frigates with your manpower you can throw at it. Just remember once you start boarding, they are going to know you are there.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
"Right then, as there are no further comments, we'll begin. Comms, jam that beacon. Helmsman Vals, the priority targets are the Nebulons. I want the Firm Handshake and all fighters prepped for immediate launch. Let's make some money today, everyone!"

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arfus Kroad

"Mynock.jar is deployed, but they've got a helluva firewall up. Everything's probably slaved to station security. They're gunna spot us before it gets in!"

Jamming Communications: 2eP+2eA+2eB+1eC+2eD 0 successes, 4 advantage

Spending the advantages to attempt again for free next round.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

"Understood, do what you can. Boarding parties, commence operation. We'll do our best to keep any party crashers off your back."

Fire Control Maneuver + Leadership Roll Action

Leadership: Shipyard Raid: 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 8, 2015

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Right, Ress here will be steering the ship while I'm with the boarding team., Ress, make sure you listen to the First Officer, and keep your nose out of your datapad while you do, you've gotta steer the ship."

Dalul heads down to the transport and checks the rough looking boarding crew is set to go. Settling into the cockpit, he shouts over the intercomm, "Alright boys, this is going to be a hell of a ride. We're not taking it easy, prepare the Boarding Tube, we'll hit the first Nebulon. Make sure you know where you're squad leader is."

Nodding to Krussk and Allison inside the cockpit along with him, Dalul eases the Transport out of the Fair Deal and starts to make his way towards the shipyard, carefully maneuvering like a wayward asteroid, and not like a troopship full of angry boarders. It makes a few of the troops in the back absolutely sick, as the maneuvers are not at all smooth, but to passive sensors, it seems like a big dumb rock is coming in.

Dalul grins the whole time while he works the controls over and under at random.

Silent Piloting: 2eP+2eA+2eD+1eC 2 successes, 1 threat

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
<<<<<2 Light Side/6 Dark Side>>>>>

fool_of_sound posted:

Arfus Kroad

"Mynock.jar is deployed, but they've got a helluva firewall up. Everything's probably slaved to station security. They're gunna spot us before it gets in!"

Jamming Communications: 2eP+2eA+2eB+1eC+2eD 0 successes, 4 advantage

Spending the advantages to attempt again for free next round.

Caught offguard. The men in the station notice through their IDS that something is wrong. It is too late when the Nebulon-B Frigate Aurelia begins to leave the dock. They attempt to communicate with it first. Wondering what is happening. "This is dock control, starship Aurelia, you are not clear to leave the docking bay. Jenkins, get on the sensors and find out what is happening."
Sensor Check: 2eA+1eB+2eC+1eD 1 failure, 3 advantage

"Sir, the radar isn't giving out anything except that big rock that was going through here. I am going to radio in and have the pilots go for a visual confirmation on it. It'll take some time since they are on patrol."

Vals piloting skill was used as the opposed check. I'll also use your advantage to state you jammed the frigate's communication so that they cannot notify the main station something is amiss.

sniper4625 posted:

Octavius Ryan

"Understood, do what you can. Boarding parties, commence operation. We'll do our best to keep any party crashers off your back."

Fire Control Maneuver + Leadership Roll Action

Leadership: Shipyard Raid: 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage

Difficulty: 1eC 1 failure

It was two difficulty and one challenge. Net result of 1 success, 3 advantage.

The men were able to swiftly get in and take various parts of the ship. The enemy was fast asleep. Not expecting anything at all. The bridge hasn't been taken yet, but so far, there have been acceptable casualties and engineering is ultimately under your control. The men were able to rig up a method to get the ship moving without bridge access and cut them off.

Using the advantage to have the ship be slaved to engineering. You want to just take this ship or do you want to hold what you have and take some of the men to the other ship. Add in two setback dice and upgrade the dice for the next check if Vals can board the other frigate. If not, you can do another leadership check same difficulty to finish off the rest of them.

Mustache Ride posted:

"Right, Ress here will be steering the ship while I'm with the boarding team., Ress, make sure you listen to the First Officer, and keep your nose out of your datapad while you do, you've gotta steer the ship."

Dalul heads down to the transport and checks the rough looking boarding crew is set to go. Settling into the cockpit, he shouts over the intercomm, "Alright boys, this is going to be a hell of a ride. We're not taking it easy, prepare the Boarding Tube, we'll hit the first Nebulon. Make sure you know where you're squad leader is."

Nodding to Krussk and Allison inside the cockpit along with him, Dalul eases the Transport out of the Fair Deal and starts to make his way towards the shipyard, carefully maneuvering like a wayward asteroid, and not like a troopship full of angry boarders. It makes a few of the troops in the back absolutely sick, as the maneuvers are not at all smooth, but to passive sensors, it seems like a big dumb rock is coming in.

Dalul grins the whole time while he works the controls over and under at random.

Silent Piloting: 2eP+2eA+2eD+1eC 2 successes, 1 threat

Dalul, Krussk and Allison leave the cockpit and join the boarding party. One of the boarders left a mess due to having a weak stomach due to all he flying. They are surprised at the ease of how easy it is to take a ship that was not expecting someone to steal it. Communication has been jammed leaving the rest of the ship's defenders disorganized as Octavius begins coordinating the men. The officers onboard the Aurelia find their task easier as the enemy are found with their pants down especially in the barracks area. They cannot put up much of a fight, but they were able to seal off the bridge with a sizeable force and are trying to find a way to bypass the jamming done. Ultimately, they lost control of the ship.

Take 20 extra XP as a way for me to apologize for getting busy and neglecting this game.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

"Ryan to boarding parties, well done. Secure the ship and await further instructions. Vals, you're the man on the spot, so I'll ask you - do you think you can board the other frigate?"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Hmm, it's going to be tough, we took this one with ease, but they'll know we're coming now."
Dalul looks at the others.

"We can certainly try. Send over a prize crew and we'll head to the other ship. I just hope the stardock doesn't get wise and try to scuttle her while we're boarding."

Dalul clicks off the comm and shouts over the net. "Alright roughnecks, you've had it to easy with this boarding so we're going to try again. No sneaky stuff this time, we're going back to the transport and I'm going to ram her into the side of the other Nebulon as close to the bridge as I can. Then we fight. LOAD UP "

edited in a Piloting check for ramming speed.

Ramming Speed: 2eP+2eA+2eD+1eC 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 12, 2015

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

"If you think that a direct approach will give you the best chance of success, then Godspeed. Leave a detachment behind to guard Engineering, we'll bring it in via the slave circuits. Good luck.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

- Kim Il-Sung
<<<<<3 Light Side/5 Dark Side>>>>>

Mustache Ride posted:

RAMMING SPEED!
Ramming Speed: 2eP+2eA+2eD+1eC 1 success, 1 threat, 1 Triumph
[/i]

Oh my god. Oh my god! Just roll a d100 when you get a chance to see what happened to your ship. Minus per -10 for each point of shield you put on the fore. I'm guessing all four shields so it is -40?

The shuttle disembarks from the Aurelia and heads straight to the other Nebulon-B. The enemy realizes what is happening. The Firaxis begins to have men enter into the hangar bay realizing that the ship will attempt to board there. Vals has another thing in mind. The men onboard get on their vacsuits and prepare for a more direct method of boarding.

The fighters have been rerouted to try and intercept the ship, but it is too little too late. It is heading straight for the Firaxis.

The comm tower scrambles to radio in for reinforcements. They are panicking and not using an encrypted channel at all. Realizing that there is raiders here. "This is Rosenkov shipyards. We are under attack by an unknown force. We have lost control of the Aurelia request immediate reinforcements."

The reply is also unencrypted. "This is Admiral Honor Harrington. We were coming in to inspect the ships here. Oh well, I much prefer fighting anyway. We will be prepared to crush these insects swiftly and mercilessly."

Radioing for help: 2eP+1eA+2eD+1eB 4 successes, 1 Triumph

The Troop Transport attempts to gun as close to the bridge, but Vals expert piloting manages to make it hit the bridge without completely collapsing it. The men on the bridge scrambling to get the ship online are pulled into the void. They cannot scream at all. Leaving the bridge to the boarding party for them to secure. As they go to claim the bridge, other soldiers begin to open the bulkhead to the rest of the ship. Oxygen and men fly out. They cannot scream. They rush in to try and conquer the other key points of interests on the ship. The engineering team is attempting to secure control of the ship through the bridge. They notify the party that they need an hand with this (3 difficulty). As the rest of the men begin to secure other parts of the ship, fighting ensues against an prepared enemy. You are left with twelve men, including the engineering crew. Enemy reinforcements are attempting to counterattack everywhere on the ship and you hear news that they are trying to push into the bridge itself to retake it. They most likely will have gravity boots and vacsuits. So, the previous trick won't stop them. You have a moment to prepare the defenses.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

To pierce the belly of the beast: 1d100-40 -31

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"I'm going to leave this fighting up to you, Allison and Krusk. Just know that I'll be blasting anyone I can see" Dalul spins his guns around in his hands and looks to the Transport now penetrating the bridge.

"Hmm, I wonder if we can bring that forward gun online, it looks like its mostly intact." Running back into the boarding tube, Dalul heads to the forward mounted gun and attempts to jury rig power to it. "Looks like it got a little damaged in the attack, I hope it doesn't explode" He says as he reattaches the power lines.

Jury-Rig Gun: 1eA+3eD 2 failures, 1 threat

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Octavius Ryan

As the intercepted response to the distress signal finished playing back, Ryan sat back in his command chair. Admiral Honor Harrington, eh? The name was not immediately familiar, but Ryan had encountered so many officers during the War....

Warfare: Honor Harrington?: 3eP+2eD 0 successes, 4 advantage

Unfortunately, nothing came to mind. "Blast. All hands, prepare for hostile reinforcements. Sensors to maximum, I want to know who they are and what they're flying as soon as they drop out of hyperspace. Kroad, see what you can do to help override the systems of the Fireaxis. Vals, Krussk, and McCallon, do what you can to hold that bridge. We'll do what we can to support from here. Deck Officer! Launch all fighters, have a squadron form up around the Aurelia while the rest serve picket duty. Battery Officer! Begin firing on the shipyards, if we can't take it, don't leave it for the enemy. Look alive, people!"

I know we have control of Enginering and the propulsion systems on the Aurelia, how much of the rest of the ship is in our control? Mainly I'm just worried about the trapped crew opening fire with whatever guns they still have access to.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Allison McCallon
Wounds: 13/13 Strain: 12/12(13) Soak: 7 Defense: 1/1

Allison readies her gun. "Shooting things is my favorite part, really."

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope

Jian
Wounds: 17/17 Strain: 5/8 (9) Soak: 4 Defense: 1/2

Jian arranges for a connection onto the Aurelia's comm systems. "Crew of the Aurelia, We have asserted control of your ship. Resistance is futile, if you wish to remain alive, you will abandon your weapons and head to the fore hanger bay. Failure to do so will lead to your untimely and painful demise."

Rolling Charm: 4eA 3 successes, 2 advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arfus Kroad

"Communications are down, but it looks like they got out a warning!"

Communicatons: 2eP+2eA+1eB+1eC+2eD 4 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph

"Defenses and blast doors on the Fireaxis disengaged. Too easy," Arfus said smugly.

Overwhelm Computers: 2eP+2eA+1eB+1eC+2eD 4 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Despair

• Locked thread