Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

frank.club posted:

Get one they're really good

the games are good but the 3ds is a cheaply built piece of crap compared to old gameboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

African AIDS cum posted:

the games are good but the 3ds is a cheaply built piece of crap compared to old gameboys

He can get a 2ds but don't let the fellas know I said that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, I didn't own a gameboy at all until the Gameboy Advance came out.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I had one of the brick gameboys and I covered it in stickers because I was like 8.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I had one of the brick gameboys and I covered it in stickers because I was like 8.

i wanna get some animal crossing stickers for my new 3ds

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my dad had a brick game boy so that he could play Dr. Mario on the can, but we had to replace it with a yellow game boy color because there were weird lines on the screen when you played it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

The red GBA sp was the best handheld ever. Clamshell ftw. Backlight ftw

Yeah. Fusion + Zero Mission + All the FF Remakes + GBASP + Beach = Gamer Summer Win

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Metroid fusion owns

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Part of me is still waiting on that next GameBoy that Nintendo promised after they said that DS was only a side project thing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Well, Jeffrey of YOSPOS, I didn't own a gameboy at all until the Gameboy Advance came out.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
if Nintendo put out a transparent purple 3DS, i'd buy it in a heartbeat

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Detective No. 27 posted:

Part of me is still waiting on that next GameBoy that Nintendo promised after they said that DS was only a side project thing.
Third Pillar.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I had a giant gyarados sticker on the back of my lime green GBC. :c00l:

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
lol if you had anything but the original grey brick

seriously, just lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

African AIDS cum posted:

Metroid fusion owns

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

My first Gameboy was a dark blue Gameboy Pocket after years of watching people play the original brick version enviously. No cool clear guts for me :( still owned. Then GBC came out and even as a little kid who was spoiled and could've gotten one from my parents, I said "gently caress that poo poo that's not color, I'll just play the GBC games on my Pocket". Then the GBA came out and playing Pokemon Ruby on it is probably why I need reading glasses these days

Love my big fabulous pink 3DS XL and probably get more mileage out of it than my Wii U

Also I too owned a Game Gear, useless piece of poo poo but it seriously looked better than Nintendo's handhelds until at least the GBA era

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame they gayed up the tightest playing Metroid to date with unskippable dialogue and cutscenes I didn't give a poo poo about, but yeah that game is so good. The story should have only been those scenes when you encounter SA-X and have to run until you're strong enough to fight her

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If anything there weren't enough escape the sa-x parts
Oh man the part at the start where SA-X busts through the wall and faces the screen is so cool

frank.club fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 7, 2015

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
My very first gameboy (OG gray) I bought with money I won because my family had a fish bowl full of loose change and once the fish bowl got full we all guessed how much money was in it and I guess the closest ($108) and we went to KB Toys and I bought a GameBoy and Turtles and Castlevania and Home Alone.

I'm old.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Whirlwind Jones posted:

My very first gameboy (OG gray) I bought with money I won because my family had a fish bowl full of loose change and once the fish bowl got full we all guessed how much money was in it and I guess the closest ($108) and we went to KB Toys and I bought a GameBoy and Turtles and Castlevania and Home Alone.

I'm old.

Once I won one of these except it was a jar full of candycorn and I won all of the candycorn, which are disgusting.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Once I won one of these except it was a jar full of candycorn and I won all of the candycorn, which are disgusting.
Goondolences.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a PS3 because my mom went to a free taping of some talk show and they gave everyone in the audience that day a free PS3, extra DS3 and a copy of Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I have owned literally every gameboy that came out, excluding a bunch of micro skins and a couple of the limited edition pokemon GBCs, so I don't know where this puts me on the lolstrum.

E: Also it seems questionable on if the Super GameBoy and GameBoy Player fall under it, but also those. I pretty much just play tetris on all of them.

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Literally every single GameBoy I've owned has been the standard original version.

Side note: I owned basically every single variety.

GameBoy
Pocket
Color
GBA
GBA SP
Micro
DS
DS Lite

Never got a 3DS because I'm old but really really want one nowadays.

I appreciate your dedication to Nintendo Handhelds but I feel I should point out the DS and 3DS are not part of the GameBoy line, friend.

surc fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 7, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

lets hang out and play tommy hilfiger gameboy together, fellow macy's shopper

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you could trade Pokemon over that infared strip right?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

frank.club posted:

you could trade Pokemon over that infared strip right?
Theoretically I think but honestly I don't remember ever using it. I don't think it was meant to replace the link cable, I think it was a new thing.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I don't think it would work - how would you unplug the infrared strip to not lose your pokemon? unless you just wanna give away your pokemon...

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

I don't think it would work - how would you unplug the infrared strip to not lose your pokemon? unless you just wanna give away your pokemon...
Wow dick...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It lets both people have both pokemon - the best outcome. I was a gameboy pokemon hacker cracker.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

id rather be dead Jeffery of yospos

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
i had a green gbc that i covered in beanie baby stickers

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

mabels big day posted:

clear purple gameboy color ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super Gameboy was an epic peripheral, I felt like a 10-year-old badass writing curse words in the frame designer

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Theoretically I think but honestly I don't remember ever using it. I don't think it was meant to replace the link cable, I think it was a new thing.

You could have used it like a link cable, but it would have sucked because if you moved your gameboy the connection was broken, and like no games had it enabled. I used it to trade pokemon once when I didn't have my cable, and there were a few other games that used it.

I think you could also talk to the pikachu tomagotchi thing with it, but I don't really remember.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone else get that GameCube gba addon thing?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

anyone else get that GameCube gba addon thing?

I used that to play golden sun and various Zelda GBA games. It was cool but had a real goofy attachment style, you had to screw this big panel onto the bottom of your GameCube

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont know what happened to my brick gameboy and it really bothers me

i dont think anything bad happened, i probably sold it, but i cant remember at all

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I used that to play golden sun and various Zelda GBA games. It was cool but had a real goofy attachment style, you had to screw this big panel onto the bottom of your GameCube

there's a very real chance I got one just for the fusion suit in prime 1. There were also those gba GameCube chords they sold with that one Zelda game

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

frank.club posted:

there's a very real chance I got one just for the fusion suit in prime 1. There were also those gba GameCube chords they sold with that one Zelda game
Also you could visit a GBA version of a tropical island in Animal Crossing and get rare fruit to plant in your town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
very true I did anything to get that statue

• Locked thread