Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When a videogame comes out and it turns out bad like Sim City 2013 or Thi4f, I don't get happy looking at the fail, I get annoyed because it's one less good game for me to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I always hope that a new videogame will be good, even if I'm suspicious of its potential quality. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than bitterly vindicated.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

When a bad game comes out, I hope that the developers take the good ideas they had and implements them better next time.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i agree

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

with the caveat that looking at fail owns, although not as much as the same game being good would own

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

What on earth... LMFAO. OP... Seriously? Whatever man.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

What on earth... LMFAO. OP... Seriously? Whatever man.

Hey, jackass, Bad Game is that-a-way. I hear Tinkzorg has a thread about Konami's financial forecast for you to jack off to.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like it when games are good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Hey, jackass, Bad Game is that-a-way. I hear Tinkzorg has a thread about Konami's financial forecast for you to jack off to.

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

with the caveat that looking at fail owns, although not as much as the same game being good would own

*nods*

I would prefer for all games to be good and to please those who have purchased them, but when they turn out bad, all you can do is laugh and say "You should not buy this game, you will regret this!"

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

I can really get behind this new breed of positive posting. keep it up guys.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

i too dislike molyneux games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When a videogame comes out and it turns out bad like Sim City 2013 or Thi4f, I don't get happy looking at the fail, I get annoyed because it's one less good game for me to play.

Agreed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
but what about when a video game turns out good, like cities: skylines

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cities Skylines looks p. dope but I still wish that the new Sim City had been really good, and I am sad that EA has been bad at making Sim Cities.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Xaris posted:

but what about when a video game turns out good, like cities: skylines

then it's good, but that doesn't make it less sad that other games turn out bad

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skull wall posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

you can hope that a videogame will be good without buying into hyperbole

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

you can hope that a videogame will be good without buying into hyperbole

Some games are in fact very great, but are not the Citizen Kane of video games reviewers and forums have claimed, but it's still okay to like 'em!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nobody who has ever called a video game The Citizen Kane of Video Games has even the slightest clue as to why Citizen Kane was important

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I feel you, op.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

skull wall posted:

Agreed.. Imp Zone has had a very healthy attitude lately. We've even managed to weed out most of the racism and ableism...Woot!

Nebs
Apr 22, 2008

I like it when games are bad.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a poorly selling console is a bad sign for all of games and the idiots who like to pretend their special console of choice is untouchable are retarded and not even gamers at all.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nebs posted:

I like it when games are bad.

Noobs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a poorly selling console is a bad sign for all of games and the idiots who like to pretend their special console of choice is untouchable are retarded and not even gamers at all.
There are people who want to see consoles become specialty equipment only owned by serious hobbyists, so all the "casuals" just become phone gamers, while console gaming is the sole realm of the "real gamer." They aren't concerned about consoles failing, they're in favor of it.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I know I'll just get downvoted for this, but hell: I agree with the OP as a gay atheist. My SO agrees with him too.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The WiiU loving sucks megathread!

Nebs
Apr 22, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

The WiiU loving sucks megathread!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Knuc's Wisdom.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I bought the new Thief for $5 because I thought people were just overreacting with it like they usually do, but it actually isn't good... drat.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think the PS4 is not a great console right now, but I wish that it were less expensive and had more great games, because then I would purchase them and play them!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have never enjoyed any assassin's creed game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Imagine a world where the sheer hope and optimism of a video game's supporters determined the quality of the game.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zen death robot posted:

I find myself doing this with games a lot of the time as well. I even picked up Assassins Creed Unity for $10 off of eBay because I assumed it couldn't be THAT bad.

I fully expect Elf Help Book to say "gently caress you" at me for admitting this.

im disappointed

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

how soon into game making do you think developers realize their game is bad. does the realization hit them only after the game is done and they're like "oh no... this is bad! we can't ask for $60 for this!" or do they feel it while they're making it and it hangs in their thoughts through every step of the process poisoning their efforts

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebs
Apr 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I think the PS4 is not a great console right now, but I wish that it were less expensive and had more great games, because then I would purchase them and play them!

Bloodborne is all you need friend.

• Locked thread