Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Something Awful Forum Mafia :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

how about no

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

are these real banners?

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Release my Zeldathon thread from the gas chamber.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Stink fag posted:

Release my Zeldathon thread from the gas chamber.

Make a new one or ask cowcaster or xylo.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Make a new one or ask cowcaster or xylo.

I don't know who they are.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
And If I make a new one I will be banned again because the admins do not realize I am exempt from the thread tag rules.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Stink fag posted:

And If I make a new one I will be banned again because the admins do not realize I am exempt from the thread tag rules.

The mods can change thread tags, without being banned.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you were banned for not using the Link thread tag

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

frank.club posted:

are these real banners?

there's like 4 Goonswarm recruitment banners in rotation right now for this game. They're thirsty af

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

there's like 4 Goonswarm recruitment banners in rotation right now for this game. They're thirsty af
Well of course they're thirsty, that game is so salty! The I Killed British Griefing Megathread!

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

you were banned for not using the Link thread tag

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let me tell you about how this game is bad in basically every way but I play it 18 hours a day for the Epic Griefing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

We have done something wonderful and terrible and cordially invite you, fellow goons, to witness the hilarity and insanity firsthand - so long as you don’t wear pants.

We are extremely serious about the no-pants rule. You'll see why, soon enough.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

struggle is real

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We're Goonswarm! Crazy goon action! No rules! Please obey all rules in the 4,000 word OP!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Just a bunch of goons, casually gaming with fellow goons. None of that tryhard mmo-sperg bullshit. We like to kick back and shoot the poo poo, and maybe some zombies while we're at it! :)

please sign up using the Automated Goon Authentication System linked below. Note: you must have been a goon for at least 2 years with a 5.0 or greater Posts Per Day average. any post history in FYAD or FYAD-lites will disqualify you.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

i should turn adblock off

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

H1Z1 is a game of misunderstood genius. Its reputation has suffered attacks from a number of fronts: bugs, monetization controversies, and an incredibly vocal group of shrill critics on certain social media platforms. Many of us played it when the game first released, then put it down and walked away. Something critical was missing: an organized Goon presence.

On May 1st, Goonswarm - yes, that Goonswarm, from Eve Online - broke free from the confines of Internet Spaceships and invaded H1Z1, placing a foot firmly in two game universes for the first time. H1Z1 with our community is simply fantastic - with our organization, newbie mentoring, and brain trust, we have not only uncovered H1Z1’s true potential, we’re having a goddamned blast.

We have done something wonderful and terrible and cordially invite you, fellow goons, to witness the hilarity and insanity firsthand - so long as you don’t wear pants.

We are extremely serious about the no-pants rule. You'll see why, soon enough.

An Unfair Reputation: What to Expect

It’s best to confront the problems of H1Z1 directly. It is an early access Steam title, which means wacky bugs happen. Some claim it to be ‘pay to win’ due to a tornado of bad press and nonsense many months ago. Some tried it, wandered around solo or in small groups, and declared it boring. Yes, there are bugs. However, we have found ways around almost all of them, clever and organized knaves that we are. The ‘pay to win’ stuff was a manufactured scandal. H1Z1 has an airdrop system where one can pay for supplies to be dropped onto the map, but those supplies aren't that valuable and can be intercepted or looted from the corpses of the people ordered them. They simply are not a factor in the gameplay on the ground.

When played solo and facing an uphill learning curve, H1Z1 might not shine. Played with goons and creating mayhem across 12 servers simultaneously? H1Z1 solo is one thing; H1Z1 with us is something incredible.

A Diamond in the Rough in a Sandbox Full of Zombies (and Goons)

H1Z1 is the unholy child of Ultima Online, DayZ, Eve Online and Minecraft. There’s full-loot PvP, survival gameplay, proximity chat, a complex crafting system, and molotov cocktails. There is something for all playstyles: killers, crafters, builders, scouts, getaway drivers, hunters, farmers, and spies. Did we mention spies? H1Z1 is one of the only games on the planet besides Eve where an espionage metagame can thrive. Then, last but certainly not least, there is the apoplectic rage of the players opposing us who insist that playing in an organized, coordinated group larger than ten people is worse than cheating - and their finger-wagging admonitions that we are playing in their sandbox the ~wrong~ way.

This game has tremendous potential - the basebuilding and crafting elements combined with the full-loot PvP sandbox means that it is essentially turning into a third-person post-apocalyptic Civilization V full of zombies and pantless goons.

What We Offer: Fun, Internet Blood, and Salty Tears

So why play with us? We’re Goonswarm, plus our buddies from Eve we brought along to crash this zombie party. That means we bring the talents of a coalition of tens of thousands, honed over a decade in nightmarish internet space-war against impossible odds in one of the hardest and most obtuse games in the world - and all of those nifty tricks directly translate into H1Z1: our coordination group, our recon section, our fleet commanders, our logistics division, all of it has an analogue in H1Z1 due to their common lineage descended from Ultima Online.

Within 48 hours of hitting H1Z1, we had twelve outposts on twelve different H1Z1 servers, working together across one voicecomms platform and networked via jabber (a real-time chat and broadcast system) on both EU and US shards. Have you never played a survival sandbox game before? No problem, we have the best mentoring and newbie training system any guild, clan, or coalition has ever seen - we teach people how to play Eve every day, after all. We’ll teach you, hold your hand, show you how to kill, and next thing you know, you and fifteen of your new closest friends will be a force for postapocalyptic truth and justice valiantly defending a heavily fortified Imperial Outpost against the unwashed, shuffling hordes - there are even some zombies, too!

Only the most Badass of Tree-Forts will suffice.

Our Plan: Roman Fortresses and Pantsless Teleporting SWAT Teams

We’re bringing civilization to H1Z1, whether they want it or not. Our outposts are spreading across the H1Z1 servers every day. Each outpost has a commander and approximately 8-15 goons active during that server’s prime time in a heavily-defended, walled base. Like a Roman military camp, these outposts are designed from the same template; we even have a special team of specops engineers, an ‘advance team’, who specialize in scouting new servers and throwing up these massive fortresses while the opposition sleeps. Then the real fun begins.

Once established, each outpost generates enough arms and armor to allow our forces to create characters on multiple servers, each outfitted in full combat gear and then logged off until needed. Is the Outpost on the Misery server under assault? The ten goons in that base call for reinforcement, and twenty more log on ready to kill. Need to crack a hard target on an offensive raid? Blow the whistle, and our local forces triple. All of this is happening on a game where the largest group of hostiles we have yet encountered numbers at most five. Fair? No. Sporting? No. Fun? Hell yes.

Show me the Hijinks: True Goon Stories

We have such wonderful things to show you.

Here’s one of our first raids, knocking over a base of ‘elite’ players who scoffed at our pants-free might

Here’s another hostile base looted, with our signature machete calling card left behind as a warning.

Firsthand reportage from UllerRM:

We should warn you: some of the natives don’t like us much.

Let Me At'em, Coach!

You can grab the game on Steam for 20 bucks.

Here are some guides to get you started:

Surviving your First Five Minutes in H1Z1
30 Simple Tips for H1Z1
TheMittani.com H1Z1 Guides and News

Joining your Goony Goon Goon Brothers & Sisters in Arms

Don’t play solo. Here’s how to link up with thousands of your newest friends, plus get some in-game swag.

We use our website’s Mumble server for H1Z1 voicecomms as well as jabber. New players should check out the channel at the top of Mumble, AIDS1Z1, for handholding and direction.

Here's how to connect to TMC H1Z1 Mumble and Jabber!

We use this map to get around and coordinate attacks.

Our pseudo-uniform includes a custom camouflage shirt, custom machete, and no pants. I wasn’t kidding about that - we go pants-free to help identify our guys from the barbarian hordes in the middle of a scrap. You can get these item skins here.

Join our empire, fight with us, and share in our glorious victory as we mercilessly conquer another MMO - in our underwear.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I read up to the part where the pants quote was real and there was still like a million words to read

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
yes i would love to buy an early access zombie survival mmo and treat a game i don't even like as though it were my actual job

also the best Civ was Civ IV tyvm

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

dear leader just linked us all to the new, modernized goonfleet logo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

MMO HMO? More like MMO CHOMO.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

We're Goonswarm! Crazy goon action! No rules! Please obey all rules in the 4,000 word OP!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

A Diamond in the Rough in a Sandbox Full of Zombies (and Goons)

H1Z1 is the unholy child of Ultima Online, DayZ, Eve Online and Minecraft.

oh, word?

im fat
Feb 28, 2014

:worship:

im fat
Feb 28, 2014

lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:worship: