Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WetNightmare

by sebmojo

Swizzbutt posted:

self checkout machines save grocery stores many employees salaries at the guise of convenience to the customer, yet you are now doing work that was previously paid for, for nothing.

Im glad i dont have to talk to the person who hates their life and their job

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swizzbutt

WetNightmare posted:

Im glad i dont have to talk to the person who hates their life and their job

well i guess that's something haha

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
if a big robot took my job i would say thanks and be glad i was not a robot as i walked out the door of the place i hated

----------------

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
loving old bitches with their coupon books

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

loving old bitches with their coupon books

like shoving their own coupon books up their twats? :stare:

----------------

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
No silly the loving old bitches that hold up the grocery line because they want to use all their God drat coupons.

joke_explainer

I use to shop at Winco but it was stressing me out. The employees were always so stressed looking and my fellow customers, well, they did bad things. Once this lady rolls up to now closed checkout I was getting tallied up at. It was the shortest line. This lady comes up behind the person behind me and stares at the "closed" sign, then looks at the cashier's light which was out then after a moment's contemplation starts piling her stuff behind the sign, pulling it forward.

The cashier looked so stressed out. She glares at the lady, stopping scanning, and goes "I'M CLOSED!!!"

And this person had the stones to shrug and act confused and is like "Oh sorry dearie, I already had my things down..."

Cashier: "NO YOU DIDN'T YOU MOVED THE SIGN!"

Lady: "I didn't notice it. I didn't see what it said!"

Cashier: "AUGH."

I was done so I left but yeah, it seems like a lot of interactions there are very antagonistic, people will try to snatch stuff from you if its on sale or snipe it from your cart, and generally seem devoted to making the entire experience as unpleasant as possible. Like, we're all shopping here, why do you want to make it even worse?

I moved to a fancier area with an admittedly more expensive New Seasons but it's a world of difference and totally worth the surcharge to not be rendered miserable every trip. Everybody is really polite and constantly going out of their way to be nice. Like if there's one item left you'll have people arguing over which one gets to NOT take it. I'm sure the pay is still lovely but the employees at least act like they aren't miserable and seem far less stressed. I've never seen a fight break out there. So I guess the moral of the story is, I don't know. Be nice to ppl in the grocery store and don't fight each other. It's not a gladiator arena we can all get important things there

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

No silly the loving old bitches that hold up the grocery line because they want to use all their God drat coupons.

ohhhh lol

----------------

City of Glompton

joke_explainer posted:

I use to shop at Winco but it was stressing me out. The employees were always so stressed looking and my fellow customers, well, they did bad things. Once this lady rolls up to now closed checkout I was getting tallied up at. It was the shortest line. This lady comes up behind the person behind me and stares at the "closed" sign, then looks at the cashier's light which was out then after a moment's contemplation starts piling her stuff behind the sign, pulling it forward.

The cashier looked so stressed out. She glares at the lady, stopping scanning, and goes "I'M CLOSED!!!"

And this person had the stones to shrug and act confused and is like "Oh sorry dearie, I already had my things down..."

Cashier: "NO YOU DIDN'T YOU MOVED THE SIGN!"

Lady: "I didn't notice it. I didn't see what it said!"

Cashier: "AUGH."

I was done so I left but yeah, it seems like a lot of interactions there are very antagonistic, people will try to snatch stuff from you if its on sale or snipe it from your cart, and generally seem devoted to making the entire experience as unpleasant as possible. Like, we're all shopping here, why do you want to make it even worse?

I moved to a fancier area with an admittedly more expensive New Seasons but it's a world of difference and totally worth the surcharge to not be rendered miserable every trip. Everybody is really polite and constantly going out of their way to be nice. Like if there's one item left you'll have people arguing over which one gets to NOT take it. I'm sure the pay is still lovely but the employees at least act like they aren't miserable and seem far less stressed. I've never seen a fight break out there. So I guess the moral of the story is, I don't know. Be nice to ppl in the grocery store and don't fight each other. It's not a gladiator arena we can all get important things there

that's weird. we have winco and it's awesome and the employees are always seem happy.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

joke_explainer

City of Glompton posted:

that's weird. we have winco and it's awesome and the employees are always seem happy.

Maybe it was just a really bad Winco. The prices were great tho

krampster2

today i went to a store that had no self checkout and i was all like "wtf?" so i had to cue in at a register and it took a long time because two old ladies bought like 100 balls of yarn

tao of lmao

I have to grocery shop today. Will check in with the status of the lines as necessary.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

I have to grocery shop today. Will check in with the status of the lines as necessary.

photos please

tao of lmao

clandestine grocery store pics

very small crowd ~10 a.m.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

That looks like a nice supermarket. The tiles are maybe a little much but I like their themed umbrellas and relatively open site line.

this looks really professional with ample room in the checkout aisle. Also good to see they keep their cashiers weight conscious and young. Really brings down my shopping experience when the cashier is old and worn out and unfriendly and the aisles are really thin and constricting.

I also see that the bagboy has a different colored shirt than the cashier thus differentiating their rank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

those tiles trigger me

----------------

• Locked thread