Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

This is GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
I liked the roller but I have a feeling it's going to be the Little Mac of this game.

Next test run I want to try the splattershot that comes with the cluster bombs some more, I only tried it once without really understanding how the alt weapons worked.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the gyro is too twitchy to make sniper rifles usable. there needs to be an option to turn it off to make it usable at anything other than short range, and if you want to play short range then take the smg or the roller because lmao those blow the other two weapons out of the water

Soral
May 30, 2009

Complexcalibur posted:

I liked the roller but I have a feeling it's going to be the Little Mac of this game.

it wont be, because the roller is actually good

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Soral posted:

the gyro is too twitchy to make sniper rifles usable. there needs to be an option to turn it off to make it usable at anything other than short range, and if you want to play short range then take the smg or the roller because lmao those blow the other two weapons out of the water

There is an option to turn gyro off. You people are really stupid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

I was bagging head shots left and right with the sniper because I was playing children most likely, but it's a useless weapon in the mode in the demo

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I played with gyro on the whole time.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mabels big day posted:

I played with gyro on the whole time.

I played with it on for the first half an hour and the off the second half an hour. I don't think gyro is bad it'll just take some getting used to.

Soral
May 30, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I was bagging head shots left and right with the sniper because I was playing children most likely, but it's a useless weapon in the mode in the demo

it will probably be a much more powerful asset in deathmatch mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Borsche69 posted:

I played with it on for the first half an hour and the off the second half an hour. I don't think gyro is bad it'll just take some getting used to.

thats how i felt, will take time probably better eventually

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The super weapons are cool and not many people seemed to use them in match.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i couldnt find the option to turn the gyro off so i guess its my fault. if it was in a start menu then i didnt touch it because opening the start menu in the tutorial zone crashed my wii u so i never pushed the button again

Soral
May 30, 2009

mabels big day posted:

the shield is super great, a guy got saved from me by it and i'd like to think his team did it on purpose but it was probably an accident considering how hectic things get

Soral
May 30, 2009

i have a feeling people don't really look at the map as much as me because every time my team gets pushed back i just kind of roll behind the enemy and take all their land while they're loving around in the 5 square feet in front of my teams spawn, and then my team mates all super jump to me and we end up winning

Soral
May 30, 2009

loving quadruple post

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

That the thing that charges up? Grenade spam was cool and and effective way to plaster areas fast at the end of a match

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

bubble is hilarious when you see a big line of paint sneaking up on you on the mini-map

oh gently caress better hit the stick and roller guy is running you over multiple times as you calmly turn around and fill him with hurt paint

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Lets be honest gamers. What are the odds the servers gently caress up really bad and we cant play at all.

I need to apologize to Nintendo for doubting them. Incredible that they were able to show up all other companies and actually deliver a working online product for a network stress test

Dec 26, 2012

Soral posted:

i have a feeling people don't really look at the map as much as me because every time my team gets pushed back i just kind of roll behind the enemy and take all their land while they're loving around in the 5 square feet in front of my teams spawn, and then my team mates all super jump to me and we end up winning

yeah i kept forgetting to look because im not used to looking down at it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Splatoon, a heavily online matchmaking dependent game, is going to launch flawlessly day one and a lot of people are going to say "Well that's more proof that nobody has a Wii U". And I'm going to SMDH.

Dec 26, 2012

I need to apologize to Nintendo for doubting them. Incredible that they were able to show up all other companies and actually deliver a working online product for a network stress test

i only had one big noticeable connectivity jump and considering it was a guy with a japanese name that wasnt surprising

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm sorry I doubted you Nintendo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Splatoon, a heavily online matchmaking dependent game, is going to launch flawlessly day one and a lot of people are going to say "Well that's more proof that nobody has a Wii U". And I'm going to SMDH.

who cares what people think

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

elf help book posted:

who cares what people think

me

I care so much

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am glad that literal children are playing because I am a dumb baby when it comes to shooters. Is anybody here kind of learning the controls, like a baby, and doing okay?

The Direct made it seem like they're going to trickle out modes in a way that the entire community earns them by leveling up, which is pretty cool. I have way too little time for video games and that's the only reason i'm only considering picking it up rather than just saying it'll be my next Nintendo purchase.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

01011001 posted:

yeah i kept forgetting to look because im not used to looking down at it
its hard to look at both

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I haven't enjoyed a console shooter this much since Timesplitters 2.

If only it had some REAL local multiplayer.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

too drat good at this game, I think I need to buy it

Soral
May 30, 2009

hey all it's 4:45 and im playing in the splatoon demo at 8:45 japanese local time and ive bumped into like 10 japanese players in the 10 rounds ive played during this time bracket

Soral
May 30, 2009

does japan just not care about splatoon...?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got first place in every single match during this round. too drat good.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i won every single game this time.... saw 12 japanese players total... shameful display, japan. this was your prime time hour to bring out all your most epic gamers

Soral
May 30, 2009

[mike from red letter media emperor palpatine voice] you have failed....

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
poo poo, I'm tempted to buy this now.

Soral
May 30, 2009

shout outs to Ben who i had an epic struggle with for the small lower platform on that one level roller v roller

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Game loving owns

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Seshoho Cian posted:

Game loving owns

yeah I am preloading this poo poo immediately

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Soral posted:

does japan just not care about splatoon...?

nobody in japan owns a console anymore

they all play smartphone games

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Complexcalibur posted:

little roller is beaten by the advanced tactic of "walk backwards while shooting at it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/599207110505844737

There's gonna be another test fire on 5/23 from 3-4 PM PT. Oh boy!

• Locked thread