Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

This is pretty much the best game released this year already, and is a contender for the best game released in this decade. Nintendo has done it once again. Is anyone else even trying at this point? Better question: after this game comes out, will anyone else even WANT to try, knowing that they will never produce anything as good as this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

This is pretty much the best game released this year already, and is a contender for the best game released in this decade. Nintendo has done it once again. Is anyone else even trying at this point? Better question: after this game comes out, will anyone else even WANT to try, knowing that they will never produce anything as good as this?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

Thanks for saving video games, Splatoon, by also killing them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Borsche69 posted:

Dec 26, 2012

Borsche69 posted:

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Splatoon is bad rear end

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't own a Wii U, but I'm glad gamers are enjoying themselves.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I look forward to buying this.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The fire rises.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

splawha? whatoon? huh?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
can't wait imho.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i wish i were a squid girl

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

you can be

in Splatoon

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

its pretty fun

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

rollerfags get wrecked

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

its pretty good and the soundtrack sounds like offspring done by nintendo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

there are plenty of customization in thi s game

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Famous TV Dad posted:

its pretty good and the soundtrack sounds like offspring done by nintendo

Wouldn't that just be a normal song with all the possibly bad words bleeped out?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i am excited to play the full game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It seems fun but not worth 60 dollars.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anime Curator posted:

there are plenty of customization in thi s game

i meant irl

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

i kind of feel the same. i will probably get it once all the maps and extra stuff come out though.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I dont play shooters or anything that requires fine aiming on a console and thus I have not played the demo. Bye.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

qnqnx posted:

I dont play shooters or anything that requires fine aiming on a console and thus I have not played the demo. Bye.

its cool because by design it doesnt require a lot of precision. in fact rather than aiming at someone directly you should aim so the paint falls on them and the general area around them so that their movement is restricted.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the roller is good.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I've had a lot of fun with the demo, and this is probably going to be a really, really great game that turns a tired old genre right on its head.

And it will sell under 100K copies.

Only 2 in Japan.

Not 2K, just 2.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I thought it was coming out at 40.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

1upclock posted:

I've had a lot of fun with the demo, and this is probably going to be a really, really great game that turns a tired old genre right on its head.

And it will sell under 100K copies.

Only 2 in Japan.

Not 2K, just 2.

so are you going to buy it

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

elf help book posted:

so are you going to buy it

The only reason to not get Splatoon is if you have severe brain damage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1upclock posted:

The only reason to not get Splatoon is if you have severe brain damage.

I think it's overpriced as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I probably won't buy it and I don't think I have brain damage

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i am going to buy it and i don't have brain damage either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

#HuntTheSplat

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I probably won't buy it and I don't think I have brain damage

i have some bad news

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i'll buy it but won't play it

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
not only will i buy it i'll buy the special amiibo edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Anime Curator posted:

i'll buy it but won't play it

Oh I didn't know this was coming to Steam.

• Locked thread