Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: WELCOME TO AUSPOL-ONLY ONE NIGHT ULTIMATE WEREWOLF ROUND TWO. :spooky:

(please do not post in here unless you are playing)

Overview

The game takes place in a town of Townies and Werewolves. It goes for one night, followed by one day. During the day, the players cast votes. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes is lynched. This lynch determines which team wins the game.

Preparation

This game is played with cards, each of which has a role printed on it. These are Role Cards. First I shuffle a deck of Role Cards and deal each player a single Role Card. There will be three Role Cards left over; these go in the Leftovers pile.

Before the night phase, each player looks at their Role Card. The Role Card will tell you who you are, and what if anything you can do during the night phase.

Night phase

Each role has a night action. At night, each player submits their night action. I will make a post setting out the order in which night roles are to be resolved. (This order will refer to all possible Role Cards, including those which are not assigned to any player but are instead discarded to the Leftovers pile.) I will then process each night action in that order. If I need to send you the results of your night action, I will do so.

Day phase

The players wake up, post, and vote. Votefinder will track votes throughout the day. Voting is not done to hammer (i.e. the day does not end when a person receives a majority of votes).

Although Votefinder will track the votes, the final votes are submitted to me by PM when the day ends. This means that all votes are effectively cast simultaneously.

Once all the votes have been cast by PM, I will reveal them in the thread, along with the game result.

The player with the most votes is lynched. If it's a tie, and the tied players each have more than one vote, both those players are lynched. If at least one player currently holding a Werewolf Role Card is lynched, Town wins. Otherwise, the Werewolves win. (Note: This game also features a Tanner, who has a different win condition. This is explained in the post below, where the roles are listed.)

:spooky: What you REALLY need to understand :spooky:

1) Some night actions result in Role Cards being reassigned during the night. When you wake up for the day phase, you may no longer be who you thought you were. (Moreover, you generally don't get to look at your Role Card at the start of the day phase.)

2) Because the Role Card you are dealt before the night phase may be different from the one you wind up holding during the day phase, your win condition may be different as well (e.g. you may have started as a Villager but become a Werewolf overnight).

3) Because three Role Cards are discarded to the Leftovers pile, and not dealt to the players, not all roles will be in play. (For example, there may be no Seer, no Hunter, or even no Werewolves.)

Roles and order of night actions

Check the next post!

Rules

Usual mafia rules. Don't edit your posts. No discussing the game outside the thread. In One Night Ultimate Werewolf, you are not allowed to PM other players or start a scumdoc or masondoc with them, even if you are on a team with them.

Players

Anidav
Asphyxious
Bifauxnen
Birdstrike
Mad Katter
MaliciousOnion
Mithranderp
MysticalMachineGun
Sky Coq

What happens now?

Please confirm whether you can play this game Monday 11 May, 3pm to 9pm Melbourne time.

If you have any questions, please asked.

Also, we are a little short of players, so if anyone else wants to play, please PM more or post in the thread! :siren: Also, players, maybe you can encourage some more people to join! :siren:

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: ROLES :spooky:

The following Role Cards will be shuffled at the start of the game. Each player will be dealt a single Role Card. There will be three leftover; these will be discarded to the Leftovers pile.

Villager x 3 (Town aligned)

If you are dealt a Villager Role Card, then you have no night actions!

Werewolf x 2 (Werewolf aligned [duh])

Night action: If you are dealt a Werewolf Role Card, then at night one of two things will happen. (1) If another player was dealt a Werewolf Role Card, you will each receive a PM from me that tells you who the other Werewolf is. (2) If no other player was dealt a Werewolf Role Card, I will PM you telling you this. You may then PM me requesting that I reveal one of the Role Cards that was discarded to the Leftovers pile. (This may enable you to make a successful fake roleclaim.)

Tanner x 1 (3rd party)

Different win condition: If you are holding a Tanner Role Card during the day phase, then you win if you get lynched. If a Werewolf is also lynched (i.e. if there is a tie), Town also wins. However, if no Werewolf is lynched but a Town person is also lynched in a tie, the Tanner wins alone.

Seer x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Seer Role Card, then at night you will PM me with your night action. You may choose one of two possible actions. (1) You may choose to reveal (to yourself) the Role Card currently held by a particular player. (2) You may choose to reveal (to yourself) two of the Role Cards in the Leftovers pile.

Robber x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Robber Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the name of another player. You will swap the Role Card that you currently hold for the Role Card that the other player currently holds. I will PM you, telling you what your new Role Card is.

Troublemaker x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Troublemaker Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the names of two other players. Their Role Cards will be swapped. You will not learn what either Role Card is.

Witch x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Witch Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the number of a Leftover Role Card (1, 2 or 3) and the name of a player. I will then reveal to you what that Leftover Role Card was. Then, the Role Card belonging to your chosen player will be replaced by that Leftover Role Card. You will not learn what Role Card that player was initially holding.

Insomniac x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt an Insomniac Role Card, then at the end of the night phase I will PM you telling you what Role Card you currently hold. (This may sound insignificant, but it actually means that the player who is dealt the Insomniac Role Card is the only player who knows for sure who they are when the day phase starts.)

Hunter x 1 (Town aligned)

Lynch action: If you are dealt a Hunter Role Card, then something special happens if you get lynched. The player you cast your vote for gets lynched as well (regardless of how many votes that player received).

:spooky: ORDER IN WHICH NIGHT ACTIONS OCCUR :spooky:

1) The Werewolves find out which other player was dealt a Werewolf Role Card (or the lone Werewolf reveals a Leftover Role Card to themselves).

2) The Seer performs their night action (revealing either one player's Role Card, or two Leftover Role Cards, to themselves).

3) The Robber may swap their Role Card with another player.

4) The Witch may look at a Leftover Role Card and swap it with another player's Role Card.

5) The Troublemaker may swap two players' Role Cards.

6) The Insomniac looks at their Role Card.

:spooky: ANY QUESTIONS? :spooky:

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 10, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Sup fuckers

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I'm in. The PM said Sunday, but the OP says Monday. I should be fine for either, but can you clarify?

Nevermind, read my PMs.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mad Katter posted:

I'm in. The PM said Sunday, but the OP says Monday. I should be fine for either, but can you clarify?

Nevermind, read my PMs.

Edited your post, will be modkilled.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Okay.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Just PM me how to play when the game starts.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I guess I can? I won't be able to be very active during the early hours of the game (3pm-5pm) but I can steal a look and make an action or whatever.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

Just PM me how to play when the game starts.

The OP should have most of the info you need. When we have definite numbers and are closer to starting I will update the second post with the necessary info.

You can see a game played here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717860

It took less than 6 pages.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Let's get this party started :toot::sotw::toot:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hoping again for troublemaker, but I better think of someone different to switch in case I get it. :v:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: :siren: I HAVE POSTED THE LIST OF THE ROLES THAT WILL BE USED IN THIS GAME :siren: :spooky:

If you have any questions, now's the time to ask.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The previous game looked like a lot of fun, I'm in.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

MaliciousOnion posted:

The previous game looked like a lot of fun, I'm in.

Awesome! I have added a new Role Card - the Witch.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: :siren: :siren: I BEGIN SHUFFLING THE ROLE CARDS. :siren: :siren: :spooky:

I will PM you each a Role Card.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: :spooky: :spooky: I HAVE DEALT ALL THE ROLE CARDS :spooky: :spooky: :spooky:

If you have not received a Role Card, please PM me.

If you have a night action, please PM me your night action as soon as possible.

The game will start 3pm Monday 11 May (Melbourne time) and will run for 6 hours.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

:spooky: :pcgaming: :spooky: THE DAY BEGINS :spooky: :pcgaming: :spooky:

This day will end at 9pm Melbourne time. After that you need to PM me the name of the player you're voting for. You do not have the option of voting for no one.

Good luck.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hi war elves!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Alright, by the book chaps and chappettes. Roleclaim early then we smash out the discrepancies and all go home for pancakes.

I got villager so didn't get my dream of switching anidav with bif. Boo.

I'm at work for most of this but confident I can weigh in before its all done.

Let cooler heads prevail.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I am an insomniac. At the end of the night phase, I remained an insomniac. Can only assume I was left alone.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I was the robber, but I switched myself with Anidav, who was a villager.

So now, (AS FAR AS I KNOW) Anidav is the robber, and I am a villager.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithranderp posted:

I was the robber, but I switched myself with Anidav, who was a villager.

So now, (AS FAR AS I KNOW) Anidav is the robber, and I am a villager.

Didn't know robbers could target themselves. Interesting.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Asphyxious posted:

That's the robber's exact role...

[quote]Robber x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Robber Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the name of another player. You will swap the Role Card that you currently hold for the Role Card that the other player currently holds. I will PM you, telling you what your new Role Card is.[/quote[

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Asphyxious posted:

They can't, it's a straight swap of cards.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

imagine I didn't gently caress up the tags with that post

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithranderp posted:

That's the robber's exact role...

[quote]Robber x 1 (Town aligned)

Night action: If you are dealt a Robber Role Card, then at night you may choose to PM me the name of another player. You will swap the Role Card that you currently hold for the Role Card that the other player currently holds. I will PM you, telling you what your new Role Card is.[/quote[

Oh yeah of course. I was thinking of the troublemaker.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm the seer my fellow townies, and what I can tell you is that there is no hunter in this game. I looked at the discard pile and saw the hunter card and a spare villager.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm the seer my fellow townies, and what I can tell you is that there is no hunter in this game. I looked at the discard pile and saw the hunter card and a spare villager.

Which if true means all villagers are now accounted for.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I witched Coq into the hunter, hth

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

No you loving didn't. J'accuse.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I was the Troublemaker

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

Wait, there's a Tanner in this game. I think we've now got that role covered, unless you're stupid enough to directly contradict my role claim.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Birdstrike posted:

The insomniac is the only person who is supposed to know for certain who they are at the start of the day, right?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SKY COQ posted:

I am an insomniac. At the end of the night phase, I remained an insomniac. Can only assume I was left alone.

Birdstrike posted:

SKY COQ posted:

No you loving didn't. J'accuse.

Somebody's lyyyyyyyyyying :allears:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mad Katter posted:

I was the Troublemaker

Who'd you switch?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

Who'd you switch?

Don't dodge the issue. You've lied about your night action. What's up?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SKY COQ posted:

Don't dodge the issue. You've lied about your night action. What's up?

I put your wolf card into the deck. You don't need to hide anymore.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

Who'd you switch?

Out with it Katter, it'll help clear up this current argument possibly.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

I put your wolf card into the deck. You don't need to hide anymore.

As these things go, that was pretty weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I switched Birdstrike and Asphyxious

• Locked thread