Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I am at my one-game limit but will be a replacement if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Hello, friendos.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Dugong posted:

For clarification, your role PM will have said if you can pick a mask yet. If it didn't, please don't PM me asking for your favourite mask :sadwave:

Sorry hoss.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

bowmore posted:

you voted for the wrong person

who are you to determine right or wrong! ##vote bowmore

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

i know that highlander case is a jokephase case. I was clarifying that my vote wasn't based on it. trying to get the game out of jokephase; i succeeded :)

I think GG got things out of jokephase much better than you did

also

Captain Foo posted:

##vote wwm lol panicky but trying to cover

seems rude IMO.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I can get behind Somberbrero's posting for D1 ##vote Mithross

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

Wow, deadline is in a hour

Deadline is in seventy one minutes, quit lying you scumlord

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

I guess I'm terrible, forgive me for not being able to decipher your clearly superior witticisms. One day I hope to achieve your level of greatness and life goal completion. Until then I'll be a scrub who plays like a dumb idiot who cannot read.

Oh, woe is me!

Anyhow, don't vote for me. It's a bad choice. I've never played a game with Gulag dolls, but what I read of their posting looked pretty identical to capps subversively nonsensical ramblings.

I'm vanilla town this game.

Anyhow, now that I've seen some flips it's time to do some lovely casing. I'll report back in in the next few hours with a whole heap of conjecture that I hope will convince you all of my town innocence and who I think is a scumbo.

With love, now and forever,

The Ghostliest of Gangsters.

Wow.

A: pretty sure we're all vanilla town due to the mask gimmick

B: how about you make some effort into "proving" your towniness instead of just saying it

C: oh well if you're saying not to vote for you I guess we'd better not! it would be a bad choice after all

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

A has already been proven false, did you pay attention to hal's flip or what

I guess not; I saw the "boss" part and missed that it let him select a mask - thought it was just flavor.

It's me, I'm the idiot, etc.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

A. SCUM SLIP!

##vote Epsilon Plus

B. But for real, I'm at work still, I even said I'd make my case after a bit.

Also I was just joking too, Somb. I harbor no ill will towards anyone in online internet games. ILYCAPPS <3

1. :rolleyes:

2. What is the response to "don't vote me, you'll regret itttttt" supposed to be? I mean I won't vote you until you actually make a case, yeah, but you could have just said "hey guys, at work, case later" instead of puffing up so much.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

##vote wall monitor

It's kinda weird that you only voted GG yesterday and now that you're taking heat you're voting wall monitor, who took a lot of heat on the first day where we managed to dunk scum.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Someone got a scum, but it wasn't the town lynch. So why would you claim we? When town did exactly what I said they were doing, lynching someone just for the sake of it.

"just for the sake of it" seems to imply that zero thought went into the lynch, when clearly WWM got lynched for a reason.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

This logic seems incomplete. I advocated no lynch because there was hardly any real game content and I didn't want us to mislynch even if that is the norm.

heh, okay

stop posting until you can make those cases you promised, probably

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Hi, hello, yes.

I return to shade being thrown every which way... and Slamburger shows up outta nowhere with a meta case?

Also:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

a completely hilarious 180 when everyone is pushing for it minutes from deadline. My god, it's SO funny lolol.

:rolleyes:

Going to pull an E+ defense, '-in basically every case' implies that there are cases when this would not be the case.

Jack-poo poo happened over there weekend, even leading up to deadline there was hardly any real content. That being the case, and voicing dissent on the town's bloodlust, I put forth the no-lynch suggestion in earnest. BUT we've already been over how that's a terrible move and is super anti-town, and how we learned more from the two dead town. (:rolleyes: x infinity)

Only because someone lucked out and vigged a scum in the night does today start favorably, but even so we could have avoided lynching a town yesterday and that shot still could have been made.

Your arguments against me hinge on meta about how the game should be played. I play along with the poo poo, and I'm the bad guy for it. Ridiculous.

I'll steer clear of how you were blatantly wrong about town getting lunched instead of scum (given that I made the same mistake about a town PR flip) and focus on the fact that you sound really defensive here - I think you would act a little more calmly unless you had knowledge that town wouldn't that makes your case crap, possibly because you know who scum are?

(I'm glad I'm such a cornerstone of this community that I now have a defense named after me - now if only I knew if you were insulting me or not)

Also, missed this earlier:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

The reason was to avoid no-lynch correct? Even so, you placed your vote on Mithross when everyone else abandoned it, and you saw what the votes looked like before deadline... Your reasoning is:

That was my second-to-last post that game day; I believed Somber, and I didn't get a chance to check how votes had evolved before the day ended. So. Thanks for assuming you know what I'm up to.

You seem really hellbent on controlling and steering the discussion and I am not a fan of this. You are disagreeing with what most of us consider to be good day 1 gameplay (and I should note it's not the disagreement that bothers me - it's your refusal to drop it and move on) and, frankly, the number of clear mistakes you're making during this discussion is piling up.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Also, just a brief point: it is possible but unlikely that Somber could be a scum godfather? We've had non-vanilla town and although I don't know enough about Hotline Miami's characters to really guess what the flavor would be, it's not mechanically impossible. I consider Somber town enough based on his content so far, but I just wanted to throw this out before we all get too far into talking confirmed town.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Give up your casework scum lurker. If you'd actually been paying attention, you'd realize, I realized I was a huge rear end last page or so and have since then sunk into a pit of shame.

##vote Epsilon

Oh my god you're completely incoherent. Your pit could use improvement - there's still a few feet of dirt before rock bottom.

Look at GG's posts and tell me they're useful to town. Like, I don't think they're inherently scummy (I find very few things to be so) but I really don't see a lot of genuine towniness in them.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I want to vote Slamburger, Big Nothing or Ghostly Gangsta. Really having difficulty deciding if GG is scum, has poor reading comprehension, or is just really frustrated.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I didn't respond to his questiom about it because the chances of it actually happening are minimal. I kind of like discussing stupid edge cases in Mafia.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

seeya

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

weird, why mourn someone who barely played?

I would assume because this slows or stops the flow of masks. I haven't gotten a token yet so I dunno the exact nature of them. Maybe we started with 3 tokens from the setup and we relied on PRs to hand out more during the night?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Somber I keep trying to give you masks and it keeps failing, what's the deaaaallll

It's almost like if you keep hinting that you can give out masks, you're probably going to get murdered

Also, any explanation for two nights with two kills? Is someone nightvigging? SK? Did we walk into a Fire and Ice setup?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Mostly because after Skyrim Mafia I'm really nervous about the existence of a town multi-shot nightvig running rampant everywhere.

(Also, to be fair, the flavor of this game could totally support a lot of night kills from different people)

Why does it make you want to kill me?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I could roll with Big Nothing but I'd like to see him at least attempt to post some kind of justification

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

wall monitor posted:

This also concerns me.

Do you mean Mithross's posting or Big Nothing's actions?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

weirdly hostile over a salient point.

Combined with his total nonparticipation his fame, I'm down. ##vote Slamburger

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

perhaps you could make a case instead of assertions

This is why a lot of people have been OK with BN/Slamburger dunks - like I realize that my posting this game has been subpar but I cannot think of a single statement of importance they've made this whole game.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Only one kill last night. Did the SK get jailed? Assuming it was an SK, anyways.

(Don't actually answer this if you have proof, unless you feel like you're worth trading for the SK I guess)

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

Think its that simple? the scum are the people not posting?

please tell me you can post something stronger than this

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one scum (or anti-town) is lurking, yeah. I also wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one scum among the higher post-counters. Amusingly, you have a higher post count than me. Also amusingly, you've never made a post longer than three lines. Can you explain how you have more posts than a good chunk of the remaining players, yet have contributed less than Mithross?

Also, loving lol:

Captain Foo posted:

oh jeez quidnose is in this game too

holy lurkers

quidnose hasn't posted in almost four days, I completely forgot he existed

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Oh my God Mithross also hasn't posted in nearly four days. This game.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I get why I'm suspicious, but what makes Mithross and WM suspicious while clearing Quidnose?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Okay let's get this dipshittery on the road

First, remember next game to put in a smidge of a sliver of a modicum of effort. I have no idea how you made it this far. ##vote Big Nothing

Future thoughts: I can't buy Wall Monitor as scum, period. Scum arranging a 1v1 where either player could end up dunked seems highly unfeasible, and his mask enabler claim makes sense. Captain Foo has been driving the game, which is a good thing in this low-post climate - I don't think I'd really consider him until maaaaybe tomorrow if something changes. A scum Foo could easily be no-posting like half of us and getting away super clean. And I'm not voting myself, hurr.

This leaves me with Big Nothing (elle oh elle eye are elle), CPig has been posting alright but there's a lot of meta-reasoning and his constant back-and-forth with Big Nothing is kinda tiring. He doesn't feel likely as scum compared to the last two players. Quidnose is a yawning void - like, the absolute bare minimum of content. I could see him coasting. Mithross isn't much better.

I could buy WWM/Big Nothing/Mithross or Quidnose or maybe WWM/Big Nothing/CPig. If BN flips town I'd be looking at WWM/Mithross/Quidnose or CPig.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Mithross posted:

Me being scum still means I bussed WWM d1, joke phase, never voted off him, took heat for it, and sold him down the river for... what?

Early town cred? Bussing a scum buddy D1 is a pretty ballsy move. If things are already sliding that direction, why not go for it? I mean, you know that he'll flip scum in this situation.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

It's good to know that only the imminent hand of death gets you posting

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

And before someone gets angry at me for snarkposting, a. I'm at work and b. what kind of town player does low-content posts all game and only starts posting actual material at -1?

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Workcrapperphoneposting: I will not be available for deadline and still think Big Nothing is the best choice.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Sneakpost: I could do Mithross to avoid a nodunk

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

I'd like to state that I wouldn't raise the possibility of Somber being a godfather and then allow him to be killed, proving the flip. That would be the stupidest play imaginable. There's no possible scum team that would back me up on that.

Not that that affects you voting BN or no-dunking I guess.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

If there was an SK he's been really loving restrained, which is odd - either that or thr SK is a lurker who keeps loving up the deadlines.

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Good point.

After thinking the most likely explanation is that town got off some nightkills that were not claimed. A SK wouldn't hold off killing this many nights. If we had a jailer stopping it, they would have claimed when we had a night with just one kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epsilon Plus
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

This makes no sense because we've had flips primarily with no masks, haven't we? If anyone has been killing people, they'd have to be alive.

... yesss, I'm saying that someone right now may be the nightvig or SK, and that someone else may have had a jailor mask?

• Locked thread