Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Did Tim and Eric ever do any overtly racist or homophobic stuff in their early days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

burritolingus posted:

Oh yeah. But it doesn't matter.

Link to a video. (I don't doubt you, I'm just curious)

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Hyde seems to really click with that angry goon/redditor/gamergater white dude who is more delighted that you hate the video than he is with the actual video itself.

This is why the anti-gay video is the biggest thing Hyde ever did. Gotta piss off those "SJWs."

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Fluo posted:

Agag registered to post in the worst thread on the forum, he is the definition of a butthurt

The 40k thread?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

circ dick soleil posted:

I wish those people wouldn't be so autistic, and instead enjoy funny things in the normal way.

What's the joke from the anti-gay speech? Its that he's saying anti-gay stuff to people who presumably don't have anti-gay opinions.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

circ dick soleil posted:

The fact that he did it at all is what tickles me pink.

Like I said, his biggest moment.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

circ dick soleil posted:

MDE is kind of a live action ATHF if you think about it.

Nah.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

you're about 1 step away from a Let's Play reg

You come between an MDE fan and his lovely youtube videos and you will get the horns.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Under the vegetable posted:

the joke is that he's saying a list of facts out of context that are poorly sourced and easily debated and/or debunked, and the entire room he's speaking to is incapable of refuting any of it and just gets furious and hostile in response. they just hear words and believe them, and the experience of cognitive dissonance causes discomfort. they are only in that room because they want to belong to a club, because they feel safe, because they don't actually need to know anything to be reinforced in their beliefs.

they should be, like anyone, fully capable of defending what they believe, shutting sam down, and having their own facts, or of realizing that correlation between statistics does not imply a causal link. instead of that, they become violent and unruly

This lame rationalization is the worst possible angle for you to take. Like the correct approach from the audience was to start a debate, and Hyde won because they were unable to do so.

He's a fat while loser saying "un-PC" stuff in front of a bunch of "SJWs," and his fans are other fat white losers who do that every day online. Its not social commentary.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

they both refrained from removing him from the stage, which they were within their power to do as organizers of an event in a williamsburg comedy club, and refused to talk to him about why he was wrong. he stuck around after the show and invited them to tell him why he was wrong but instead only recieved vocal abuse and attempts to start conflict. it's not a great bit but it's not hard to understand the goal of the bit.

The goal of the bit was to just fuckin' say poo poo to those PC faggots' faces. And they just have to fuckin' listen to it. They think they're so fuckin' cool, little hipster fucks. But Sam showed them! So good. So funny.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Profondo Rosso posted:

does sam hyde make money from all this stuff? none of his videos have that many views. im actually a fan but does he like work a dayjob or somethin i dont get it

You can send him money. People do that.

it literally is in the same vein as andy kaufman convincing the majority of america that a pro wrestling angle was completely real because he said mean stuff about women and made everyone want jerry the king lawler to legitimately break his neck with a piledriver

So it was a shittier, smaller scale rip-off of a 35-year-old Kaufman bit.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

no, see, the bit is that they didn't have to listen to it at all. but they did. they chose to listen to it. some people left and literally waited outside the front door of the venue to insult him and scream at his face in the street. the bit is that everyone in the room had the agency and control to deny him a voice, but they refused to do so, because they preferred conflict.

So the joke is that if you say things people find hateful, some of them will hate you? Hilarious.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sintax posted:

you figured it out buddy this was sam hydes plan all along

Everything is Sam Hyde's plan. If it seems cool, that was the plan. If it seems lovely, that was also the plan. Everything he does is awesome and you are owned no matter how you respond, which it why I always defend Sam Hyde on the Internet.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

the joke is that a certain type of privileged white person prefers to feel put upon and endangered by incorrect thought, and respond with self righteous anger and violence, over exercising their agency as individuals and using their power to define the terms of their space.

That sounds like a ridiculous way to say he said rude stuff at an open mike event and some of the people who heard it got mad.

Sintax posted:

Maybe it's because he is half a psychopath and the other half natural entertainer and he makes some pretty silly videos on the internet you should see them sometimes maybe in this very thread

Yeah I've seen his videos.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

there are other stand up videos where the event staff removes him from the stage immediately and the audience doesn't attack him outside after calmly listening to him list statistics for 20 minutes. its weird how context changes things and only "weird twitter" has the idea to patiently wait until he's done and then scream obscenities at him on the street.

Sam exposed you, weird twitter. You're done in this town.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

NutritiousSnack posted:

agreed.

which is funny when it's politics i agree with, but when i am the butt of the joke, as a progressive middle class suburbanite i am angry.

Wow, just like on forums. You say stuff and then other people get caremad, and thus those other people are owned.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

bonvivant posted:

aren't you the one insane hosed up rear end in a top hat who keeps talking about how women are naturally inferior in things like the buddhism thread

Yeah, but we can't really blame Sam Hyde for any of that.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

burritolingus posted:

Spoiled rich white kids need to be made to feel uncomfortable more often good on Sam Hyde for loving their poo poo up and lol if you feel bad that he hurt the feelings of some trustfund babies.

The last thing I'm worried about are hurt feelings at a "tweetup." But is it art?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Profondo Rosso posted:

internet funnyman

Who?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

are people still mad about sam hyde, MDE

MDE fans are very mad that some people don't think MDE is funny.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ruddha posted:

No. You're the one whose mad.

I am owned.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

You own yourself

Shouldn't you be paying to gently caress Thai children right now?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Tautologicus posted:

I like how you never offer a single personal detail and then craft sick burns by exaggerating and obfuscating stories told by others, its pretty cool

Thanks man!

Fluo posted:

Agag is hulking out, but I wouldn't call him a person

I identify as an ork.. :black101:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Agag identifies as a Dark Eldar servant of Slaanesh, and rapes/murders women and children in service of his space god.

*rolls D20*

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

more like one of those magic furries

I'm a literal baby posting from a baby bjorn strapped to one of my lesbian moms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

facebook jihad posted:

Think Sam Hyde made a vertical video about this once

Soulmates.

• Locked thread