Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot -1 Cold 1 Volatile -1 Dark 2
Harm 1/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions

Sitting on the toilet, I blink down at my hands, watching them turn transparent. I concentrate hard. Color bleeds back into the world around me and i can no longer see through myself. Right.

I feel cold, all of a sudden, and i realize that my jacket must not have gone with me. It's puddled on the floor one story up. I look around, but I know immediately where I am. First floor girl's toilet, freshmen's wing. This school is my haunt; it's like knowing where you are in your own home. I take a deep, steadying breath, and inhale a lungful of... Oh. Right. I push open the stall door, stepping out, to see a bunch of young, guilty, resentful faces looking back at me through a haze of pot fumes. Bathroom break. I reach out, pluck the joint from the nearest girl's hand, and take a deep hit, then hand it back. "Sorry," I say. I push past them and out the door before they have a chance to speak. This is how rumors get started, I know, but... God, that feels better. It's like a curtain between me and the fear.

I touch the back of my head again, feeling blood, but no wound. Ghost-logic. I can't go back to class like this. I need to get cleaned up, and the best place for that is...

Nyx is in the infirmary, looking blissed out and still half naked, and... Alister? Ok. Why not?

"Um." I say. They're standing between me and the sink. I feel my whole face turning the color of my freckles from the blush. "Hi."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot -1 Cold 0 Volatile 1 Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Desperate for Attention, Blamed
[sub]Location: Halls -> Nurse's office

I mean, there were equal odds one of the various girl's (this is Nyx, boy's are probably a distinct possibility as well) bathrooms, or the lovely excuse for a clinic this place has.

Hands in my coat pockets, I feel the temptation to whistle while trekking towards the nurse's office, so of course I give in. Giving an off-key rendition of Twisted Nerve to the halls, I'm pleased as punch and sharing it with this crappy excuse for a school.

Rounding the corner, just about to say something cool - was thinking "Nice tits" since Nyx is crazy proud of 'em after all - but Alister and Alex have beaten me here somehow. I can hear them around the corner. Ahh gently caress. Nyx seems to be into me, but the other two are kinda pissed at me - and they both actually have good reasons to be. Well this just got a lot trickier.

Stepping into view, I knock on the open door, giving the three of 'em a cocky grin. I fixate on Nyx's tits unintentionally, then manage to look her in the eyes. This is gonna be fun!

"'sup everyone?" Walking in like it's no big deal over to Nyx'x bed, I motion for her to scoot over before carefully removing my heavy black jacket, draping it over the top of the nearby chair. With my hands free, I go back to playing with Nyx like I did earlier, not giving one semblance of a poo poo that Alister and Alex are still here. "Mhmmm..." I murmur in appreciation, loud enough for our audience to hear. "Holy poo poo Nyx. These are like, loving addictive."

While I'm sure RUL would be happier with me if that was all cynical manipulation, it's only mostly that. I'm pretty turned on, and at least part of me is hoping she actually likes me, or at least what I'm doing. Stupid of me, right?

Turn On Nyx: 2d6-1 8

Rauri fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 12, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile +1, Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: Shadowed

Keys jangled in the locks, and the front door swung upon to Vernal's apartment. As always, walking into the apartment lead to a brief scent of Vern's aftershave and whatever stew he had been cooking. On the left, the kitchen half of the front room, on the right, the living room half, with a plasma TV generously donated to me by my (fuckhead) father, and Vern's beaten up but still serviceable furniture. On the right wall was the short hallway to the two bedrooms - Vern on the right, me on the left, and the bathroom at the end of the hall. None of this was new to Max, of course, duh, having lived here for at least a week under Vernal's nose.

"Yo Vern, you home?!" I shouted. When no answer came I snickered. "FUCKER!" I giggled at Maxi and lead her in.

I pushed open the door to her room, greeted with the king-sized bed that took up almost all the space with a laptop tossed haphazardly on it, the walk in closet on one side, the window that, with blinds uncovered showed the abandoned house across the small parking lot where Alex apparently lived on the other side, the vanity/dresser that contained almost all of my clothes (aside from the poo poo in the closet), squeezed in at the foot of the bed, and, running over almost every surface, purple christmas lights, with a shelf of lava lamps directly above my bed. Not sure why I liked the lava lamps, just started collecting them after Nyx. But there's almost always a new one after, well, uh, none of your loving business.

"Ok, so, just gotta find a couple things, then I'll fix my face, and we'll head back?" I ask, dropping to my knees to peek under her bed.

"Ah-ha!" came my triumphant cry as I pulled myself out from underneath, holding a bikini top that would be just about the right size on me, but which was woefully under-equipped for it's usual occupant, Nyx. Catching Max's face, I blush. "Oh poo poo I wasn't wearing pants, sorry for the show, dude."

Accidentally rolling to turn on Max. 2d6+2 = 8, so Max can choose: give Jess a string, promise Jess something Max think Jess wants, or give herself to Jess

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 14, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Drained, Stalker

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Anna: "U got beef with that bitch 2?" is the reply text. "Wht she do 2 u?" Susan takes a string on you, you've shown that you'll give her what she wants without a price or a fight

Hugo is hopping around in agitation. tread lightly around this one. she will be a liability as an ally, and implacable as a foe. and she has the high ground already.

Yeah, no poo poo. I saw what she did to Janice that time. And she's got this insane grudge against Max for... god knows what reason. Hugo?

the deceiver's mere proximity to this... fury's partner was enough to render her a target. she is not stable, I urge you not to provoke her-

That's enough. Now your 'deceiver' will get what's coming to her. You should be happy, Hugo.

quote:

smae as you. slut jst sticks her fcking nose in everything. cant get her own gf so she fucks w other peoples

I sit back. A text from Jess comes in almost as soon as I reply to Susan. Then three more. Well, that bridge has been well and truly burned -

Wait. Am I...crying? What the hell. God, I'm hosed up.

Hugo is standing on the desk in front of me. His pointed tongue darts in and out, licking the teardrops off the wood.

now is the mighty winter, the final age of the world. there exists no mercy between men, nor trust, nor kinship. you must stand strong, till the horn sounds on the plain where battle surges. i will not leave your side until that day.

Yeah. That's great, Hugo. Just what a girl needs to hear. I slump in the chair, his words sitting at the front of my mind like stones, the same words I've heard dozens of times. The mighty winter...gently caress. Is it really true?

"How the gently caress do I make up for this, Hugo?"

No answer.

"There has to be something good I can do for somebody."

Gaze into the Abyss
(10:58:53 PM) Gato: !r 2d6+2
(10:58:53 PM) Krysmbot: Gato, 9+2 = 11

The visions show me what I must do; the visions cure me, removing Drained.

Gato fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 11, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Hot +2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +1
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions

My eyes opened as I felt my phone vibrating again under me, giggling as I pulled it out. Mm, that was exactly what I wanted Jess, I smiled as I looked at the picture, hot drat she was even in the park I think? That lovely little one she liked to brood at, always loved getting her to do poo poo in public places. I start typing a reply with a happy grin, not bothering to take another picture as I sent off my reply - probably a few minutes after it actually vibrated, I wasn't actually sure how long it took. Had to keep a note that I'd want to find Sarah once I was done though, and Jess had gotten me a top.

quote:

Hot drat Mine, you're lucky I'm not wearing any, or I'd have to ask you to find me some replacement panties, sending me poo poo like that.
For once I was only teasing, I did have something on under there, but hey, nothing wrong with a little white lie.

And then the door opened, and I had to look over - I expected some strung out idiot looking to lay here, not loving Alister again. Ah gently caress it, he was entertaining at least, little dick pretending like he was a better student than us, all oppressed and unable to let himself or anyone around him have fun. He was good to toy with, even if he was one of the ones I didn't have any interest in getting down with, and how he walked in and started blushing was adorable, like a little kid really. "Aw, not in the mood to look at a girl? Can't really help there but I mean," I rolled over a little, away from him, and my hand moved down, pulling the skirt a little with it, "Maybe more your style eh~?" I wanted him to stammer, I wanted him to blush and be embarrassed. gently caress it was hilarious to me. Maybe a bit awkward while holding ice to my bleeding head but gently caress.

Turn on Alister: 2d6+2 6 +1 for abusing GAYYY for a 7. And Alister can take a string if he hasn't gotten one for turning on yet.

And then as I exposed the top of my butt to Alister, Alex walked in, Alex who I'd just fondled the butt of a few moments ago... or minutes. I couldn't really tell, I kinda zoned the gently caress out. So I decided to emulate my absolute favorite movie posters, and gave the glamorous shot of butt and chest to her, as I giggled, "Oooh, here to finish what you started with rippin' my top off, Alex?" I winked at her, I didn't even care that Alister was in the room as I licked my lips openly. He could judge me if he felt like it, not like I gave a gently caress what other people thought. The little baggy of ice was pretty stained red now, and the ice was actually mostly melted. I should probably get up and try to bandage it but gently caress, Alex was too good.

Turn on Alex: 2d6+2 11

I didn't even have loving time to finish flirting with Alex before the door opened again, this time it was Sarah, ooh, even better, and she seemed to already be in the mood, no need to put any effort in as I rolled back over this time to face towards them, my butt against the wall as I wrapped myself into something a C, giving Sarah a place to sit right near my stomach and chest, where she'd easily be able to touch them if she felt like it - which she did, and I didn't push back, "Mm, babe, if you want addictive you're right, you wont wanna let 'em go." I gave the littlest of pleasurable sounds - mostly for Sarah and the other's benefits, and I moved to wrap my leg up near her, "gently caress, gonna do it infront of an audience Sarebear?" I giggled, it wasn't like I'd care, if anything that'd be more fun. And maybe it'd encourage Alex to join in. Still I wasn't gonna be too easy for her, and my skirt remained covering me.

Giving self, yo.

My free hand - the one that wasn't holding a bag of what used to be nice to a still lightly bleeding wound that I probably should have bandaged instead of iced - was already moving on my phone, without me even looking.

quote:

Alex + Sears want 2 gently caress. Get here + join will delay.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 12, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Hot +2 Cold +1 Volatile -1 Dark -1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 4/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx), Normal Rich Girl Outfit (Jess)
Currently Wearing : Normal Lady Tank Top (Max's Own Clothes)

OH, joy, someone was stalking us! That's just fan-loving tastic. Ugh, I'll have to talk to Anna later... mmn. Maybe I won't. I already saw how that went earlier today, and spoilers, the answer was 'pretty drat badly'! Whatever, I'm sure this'll be just fine. If worst comes to worst, I'll just call her out on it. I'm sure that'll go... just fine. Yeah, just fine...
"Don't worry about Anna, she doesn't do anything worse than talk. You'll be fine, hon. Just let it be..."

===

We were here, now, in this place that Jess might call a shithole, but I honestly thought it was pretty good- sure, it's a small apartment, but for Detroit it's practically the king of the city. My house wasn't much bigger than this when I lived with my parents... I mean, there was a separate kitchen and living room, but that was about the extent of it. We were always thinking about getting a bigger place, but the way Detroit'd been going we never quite had the money...

I followed Jess through the house, into her room. Now, this thing was a pretty good place. Looked lived in, but she kept it up well enough. Better than you would expect, at least. I'd had some nice nights in here, though the shithead that owned the place made it kind of difficult. I mean, he wasn't quite as bad as Jess made him to be, but.... ugh.

I let Jess collect her clothing, smiling happily as I stared at her... ah, you know what I was staring at. It was right there, practically in my face- you expected me not to? Still, it was kinda embarrassing that I was, and I only really realized I Shouldn't be looking too late, so wen she came up my face was bright red... I didn't know what to say, my tongue was tied, and there was an awkward silence for a good moment or two...

Um.
poo poo.
Say something, say something!

"Ah... Wow, that's... drat. I..." I coughed a bit, shook my head, and turned around. ... Once I was pretty sure she was fully dressed, I turned back around. Um. "Ah... Look, I'll deal with Anna later, okay?" My staring had reminded me of her... behavior earlier, and the first thing to come to mind was naturally the first thing to come out of my mouth... "Um. I can talk to her, get her to apologize and junk, alright? Promise." ... God.
I'm such a dip.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

"Aw, hon." Ok, I'll admit it, Maxi was pretty cute, even when (probably especially when) she was just Maxi. Kinda tough, but not too manly. I dunno, she might've been, well, more than a friend if it wasn't for Nyx coming along. I step in and give her a hug. "Thank you, seriously." poo poo, I had made her promise to come get involved with Nyx too. I, well, ugh I felt a lot for the little whirlwind that was Liliana, but she was a handful. Hard to let go of but even harder to keep. Hell I did a loving awful job of it. And now I was throwing Max to her, too. "For everything." I squeeze her, tight for a second. "If anything, ANYTHING, makes you uncomfortable tonight, you let me know and I will put a stop to it, ok? You're doing me a solid I don't want you to get hurt."

Finally, I let her go. Exhale slowly. "Hey, you uh, want to help me with my makeup? Not like you don't know the loving face, right?" I gesture at myself harshly and smirk. "gently caress, you make me look better than I can make myself look...one second." My phone was buzzing, heard it from the purse on the bed.

I sat down (carefully, no more free peepshows), pulled it out, and looked at it. Two messages from Nyx - poo poo look at the timestamps, what the gently caress was this service anyway, Detroit. God, learn to get a cellphone tower...

What the gently caress was that second message...

...the idiot. I couldn't loving stop her now, that was...twenty goddamned minutes ago!

quote:

dont ever talk to me again. ever.

Keep it together Jessamine. Don't freak out againit'stoolate. I was already crying. I didn't even notice. Maxishere. I inhaled, sharply, closed my eyes. Hung my head. Mumbled. "I...uh...forget tonight. Think I'm going to stay home after all. Don't, uh...no need to dress up as me or anything. Think I should be alone, now." I was shaking, trying not to rip my phone to pieces in front of Max. I was still holding the top I was going to bring Nyx Liliana. I clenched it, very very tightly. My forearms itched. I tried not to scratch at them. Keep clenching the poo poo in your hands, do not touch your arms. Not now, not with Max here.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 14, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot -1, Cold +1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Gay

I decide to show a little concern, and that's what she gives me? Why do I even bother?

Then everyone else piles into the nurse's office. Alex lost her jacket and still looks out of it, but Sarah walks right past us and picks up where she left off.

I let out an irritated tch and say, "Well, Nyx, I guess you're feeling just fine now. You sure put on a good act back in class. Can't believe I was actually dumb enough to buy it."

I look over my shoulder to Alex as I'm walking out of the room and say, "Guess you can stay if you want. You're the only one here who actually got hurt, after all."

Shut down Nyx: 2d6+1 11
Give Nyx liar and she can have a string as well.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

I watch goggle-eyed as Sarah and Nyx just proceed to go at it without restraint. If Sarah wasn't such a... wasn't such... Part of me envies them. I don't think I'd have the courage to do that in front of others. Everything Nyx does just makes me more and more conscious of the fact that I'm not alone in the room. I can feel Alister's irritation building by the second. I start to say something, and then don't. And then Alister is leaving, chased out by the... can you have an orgy with just two people? Because this looks like it.

And I'm still bloody. And they're both lying between me and the supplies. And Liliana asked me to...

"I need, um.... I need." Asking politely isn't going to work. I try to edge around them, skirting the nurse's station to reach for the towels and wipes. I'm acutely conscious of Liliana's face a few inches below me as Sarah really goes to town on her neck...

I lose a moment of time, again.

When I come back, I'm kissing Nyx. A lot. With tongue and hands, and... everything. More like molding my whole body into hers and Sarah's, being honest. It's like I'm a different person. ohmygod her lipstick tastes so good

Giving myself to Nyx.... briefly.

"I'm sorry!" I say, and pull back. My face feels like a furnace. With a lunge, I grab the supplies, and back quickly out of the room. It takes an effort to open the door and not just run through the wall.

In my haste, I pass Alister. I feel like i owe him an explanation; he looks kind of mad. "I'm sorry," I tell him. I'm not sure exactly for what, but I am sorry. I always feel like I've done something wrong, even when i haven't. "Look, it's okay if you're... gay. I mean, I am. And, uh.... apparently, a lot of people here are. So it's okay. You don't have to worry about what she said."

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 12, 2015

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: 0, Trespass: 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: none

I nod at Alister as he leaves. I send him a text saying the name Janey doesn't sound familiar, but I wish him luck, then tuck my phone away. I truly hope he can manage to own up to his mistake and make a real apology. Whether he does or not, I should seek out that Alex girl soon. There is so much wrong in this school, I don't even know where to begin sometimes.

Now that I've put Franklin in his place, he probably won't try anything for another couple hours. I'll be shocked if the homeroom teacher is coming, so maybe it would be best if I went out and searched for the wayward members of this flock of mine.

So which of them needs my guidance the most? Time was, I could simply ask the lord—well, not “simply”, as it involved a great deal of submission and sublimation, but it was certainly a clearer path. Now, I have to stare at the ugly wound inside me where He used to dwell. I stare down at my desk and trace my finger slowly along a deep cut in the surface, probably carved in by some knife-happy punk long ago.

Alex is an obvious choice, since she was bleeding, but letting Alister talk to her might help both of them. Anna has a strange way about her, as does Sarah. I could try to help Jessie, but I doubt I could bless her life any more than the lord already has. Max has the bearing and grace of some angels I used to know... making her all the more vulnerable. And of course, the selfishness that has grown like an oozing infection in my soul simply wants to see Nyx again, and will use any excuse it can.

Gazing into the abyss about who I should try to help, and where they might be.
<<Krysmbot> Klingon, 4 = 4
Uh, well. Marking XP for Trespass/Dark at least, right?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

So Nyx and I are just positively writhing on the hospital bed, Alister runs off, thank god. Was really hoping that he didn't think it'd be cool for him to join in. So we're just down to one person watching us, yeah? Well, Alex and RUL. Not like a dead girl is any worse than a demon god; she's not going to bother me. Or Nyx, I imagine, since I'll be keeping her busy.

Kissing Nyx ferociously up and down her neck (and doing my damnedest to give her at least one hickey) Alex actually leans in for a second, and starts kissing Nyx, who pushes me back some to make room for Alex. Oh I am going to make her pay for that. Since, uhh, Alex is loving dead Nyx. Was really trying to keep Necrophilia off the list of sins I've committed, because loving christ is that a gross idea. So while Alex is a part of the pile, I'm mostly just trying to grab Nyx around her, since I'm the one in danger of spilling off this lovely bed. I do wrap a hand around her thigh for stability... mostly. I do let it roam some. For a dead girl, she's surprisingly solid - and warm, strangely enough.

Luckily she flees, mumbling out a sorry and then leaving the two of us to ourselves. Seizing the opportunity, I hop off the bed, walking towards the door myself. I'm hoping for a brief second, the disheveled Nyx thinks I'm going to leave her in the lurch. Grab the door handle, I pause for effect, then close and lock it. Spinning back around, I give her the most predatory grin imaginable, eyes wandering up and down every inch of her with sinful intentions on my mind. "Yum."

Lunging on Nyx, I set to work stripping off whatever clothes she has left on with a wicked glee... She can take mine off for me later. Hope she has like, a tattoo or mole or something. You know, some nice detail to share with Jess later?

Lifting her head up to mine for a kiss, I leer at the party girl. "Mmm, naughty Nyx... all alone with the spooky girl - what do you think happens now?"

Fade?

Rauri fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 12, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Liar

Alister stormed out ranting about something, who loving cares, I would have been open to him joining in if alex and Sarah were already in, but his loss, not mine. I didn't even look at him I was too busy pressing into the hands - gently caress I said I'd delay this, but I wasn't gonna last long at that, I was all wound up after last night still, and this morning was just the perfect storm of getting me going. Luckily Alex gave me an excuse - and seemed to scare Sarah off at least for a few moments.

Alex was loving hot, look she was a bit of a hipster but man she looked good in that stuff, so I was getting really into it when she started kissing me, when she started exploring my body with her hands. My hands went to the front of her pants and started undoing them, trying to work them down. By the time she started to she pulling, apologizing and running out on me I'd already gotten my hooks into some of her clothes, her pants and shirt all disheveled, hair with it from how we made out. She still ran out, though. "Alex c'mon!" I called after her futiley - I tried to move after her but then Sarah stood first and looked like she was gonna run after her, only to shut the door tight and lock the latch, then move forward and started pulling off my skirt.

poo poo, it'd been like six or seven minutes since I sent that message and there wasn't a reply. My hands started moving on their own to work off the clothes, and I giggled at the question, "I'd say she gets taken by the crazy one." I moved and returned the kiss, my glittery bubblegum flavored lips spreading.

Fade.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 12, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx), Normal Rich Girl Outfit (Jess)
Currently Wearing : Normal Lady Tank Top (Max's Own Clothes)

I let Jess wrap her arms around me, hugged into her, pressed myself in- it was... nice. ... It's not like that, it can't be like that, it's just a hug between friends-
Okay. Deep breath. Calm.

"Don't worry... I won't do anything that makes me uncomfortable, I promise." I grinned softly, as I released Jess. Aaah, she worries way too uch. I mean, maybe I didn't exactly waaant it, but it wouldn't be so bad, probably. And she was the sweetest thing, I knew she wouldn't let things go too far.

"Aaah, I can do your makeup if you really want. You've got it back here, right? I didn't exactly bring my own kit, yanno." I don't really wear makeup when I'm myself. I used to. Used to cake it on, used to experiment with styles and types and colors... I used to try to make myself a different person that way. Change myself just enough so that I no longer read as me.

Oh, she got a text, looks like. I sit and watch as she looks at her texts, as she nods and smiles, and then... um. And then sits, and shakes, and shivers, her knuckles going white on that phone... gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress /what did she get?/ Doesn't matter have to go be there- my arms are around her, I press her in and tight and don't let her go-

And turn my head ever so slightly, so I can see the message on the phone's screen.

youre making GBS threads me what the gently caress who would evn i what the actual loving how the hell can

deep breath

What the hell. Who would... How can you not understand what the hell was going on? Does she not understand ANYTHING? gently caress. I should have known this was a bad idea. But I had to trust her. I had to let this happen. That meeting today was an omen, I suppose.

I let Jess go.

I stepped aside.

I'm not sure when it happened, but my clothes were off, and I was pulling things out of Jess' closet.

I was dressed anew. I was someone else.

Jess turned to Jess with a fury in her eyes, and reached a hand down towards herself.

"I'll take care of it. Let me. This will all be over today."
"She won't hurt us again."
(played by Max)
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx), Max's Tank Top
Currently Wearing : Jess' clothing.

Perhaps Jess was overreacting, but she didn't want the other her to be hurt again. She'd done this before. She would do it again.
"Alright...?"

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 14, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Gay

I'm kinda relieved when Alex speeds past me. I was starting to think she'd really joined in, but I see she's got some bandages. Yeah, that makes sense why she got held up. They probably weren't very accommodating. Selfish assholes.

Then she turns and starts apologizing to me. Which... is a bit confusing. Wasn't I supposed to be apologizing? And then she keeps talking and saying how it's ok if I'm gay.

I put my hands up to cut her off so I can get a word in edgewise. "Whoa, whoa. Hold up there. First off, you shouldn't be apologizing. I'm the one who stuck his foot in his mouth. So, sorry about that. What I meant earlier was that you seem like a pretty decent person, so you don't belong here, at a school like this. You know, a school for fuckups like the rest of us. Second, I like girls just fine. I just have some standards. So, yeah, I'm not gonna gawk at Nyx when she decides she needs her itch scratched in public."

That probably sounded a little too harsh, considering I was supposed to be apologizing here. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and change the subject, "So, you are ok, right? Your head still bleeding?" I give her a sympathetic smile and gesture to the bandages, indicating I'm willing to help her with it if she wants.

Turn On Alex: 2d6-1 6
Spend a string to boost it by one.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

At first, I figured Maxi was getting up to go. I choked up on the tears a little bit as she stood. Ok, that was fine. I asked her to.

A thought occurred to me, so I took the phone up, and devoting all my concentration to typing in a complete sentence, sent out a text. Not to Liliana, no.

quote:

To: Anna:
If you want to speak to me again, you need to tell me the truth, right now. Tell me so I can believe you. Did you have anything. ANYTHING. To do with this?

By the time I looked up, dropping the hyper-focus therapy had taught me, I was staring at myself, putting the finishing touches on her hair.

Max Jess was a radiant visage of anger. My id. It was so hard to think of her as anything but a part of me, so I didn't try. I had offered her the job, after all. To be there, to be the me I couldn't be when I needed to be. Who would know me better than I would? Who could? My arms itched, but I could scratch them now. I was the only one here, after all. I still couldn't get up off the bed, no. But I was the weak half. She'd protect us. I put the phone, I put the top in her outstretched hands. I didn't realize my knuckles were so sore. My hands dropped to my arms and softly scratched at the fabric of the arm-warmers. It was going to be okay. I believed that, because I told it to myself.

"Anna might call us. Or text. Or something." I croaked. I wasn't crying anymore, at the moment, but my voice was still hoarse. "She might say something shocking. If she does, we can trust her." I nodded. "Jess," I said to myself. It was weird to address her that way, but it was weirder not to. "Put it right. Make us whole again." My voice sounded flat, dull, far away. But there was fire in my other eyes. I had to trust myself, trust she could do what I couldn't.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Jess smiled at herself again, watching her type out a message on the phone . She adjusted her hair, straightened out her top, and looked into the Mirror, a strange mixture of fury and delight on her face. Perhaps this wasn't the most healthy way for Jess to go about solving this problem, but she no longer cared. She was Jess. And Jess was just put upon. Jess was hurt, Jess was at tears a moment ago, but now she burned with flame.

Jess took the phone offered to her, slipping it into her pocket. She flicked a strand of multicolored hair out of her face, turned to herself, and watched her scratch at her arms. It was a fine coping method. Nothing wrong with it. She has no problem with watching herself like that. She knew her own weaknesses, and she had her own strengths- and a few other besides. Everything would be wonderful, because it was True and Right and that was all that mattered. Max would have been too weak for this.

But she was Jess.

Jess had more strength than she knew, within her. She was hurt ,and weak, but she had strength deep within her.

Jess knew Jess better than Jess ever did.

"I'll make sure to text her back for us, if she calls." Jess doesn't trust her. She's shamed Jess even today, after all their history together- no matter how brief that history was, it was still a betrayal.

"We will put it right."

Jess walked out the door, swept out of the apartment, Max's tanktop abandoned on the floor of Jess' room. Jess strided down the streets of Detroit, straight for the place that she thought of as hell.

Soon, she would be there, though not yet..

So partway through this post I realized I wouldn't be using it until NEXT post I make, but 2d6+2=8, rolled in the chat, boosted with a string and the Liar condition to 10 to Shut Down Nyx. For soon.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Shadowed

((OOC Note: Everything under the spoilers here is triggering, so please don't read if you're sensitive to this sort of thing. I'm trying to be tasteful, but I want to respect the character and what she'd do in this situation, too))

I watched Jess go with a quiet appreciation, and a smile. What a fool I'd been, to think someone like Liliana would ever be the one to fix me. I had to rely on me. And now, I was going to take care of all of my problems, and I wouldn't have to fear my own weakness. Because I...she...had no weakness. She was unbreakable. I pulled off my arm-warmers.

But, me? I was weaker. I was already broken. I sighed, more a thing of resignation than stress - there was no way any exhaling was going to get rid of my stress. As I stared at my bare forearms, the latticework of scars - criss-crossing, width-wise and lengthwise - the only thing I never had...never could have shared with Nyx, I knew there was only one way to calm myself now. While the unbroken me, the strong me, could repair things externally, I could let the pain out, here, for both of us.

Scratch scratch scratch. I stood up, wiped the drying tears from my eyes. I pulled the rest of the coverings from myself, divested myself of the lie, like Max had before she became the truth. I had to be the truth as well. I stared at my eyes, swollen, red, and puffy with tears, in the mirror for a moment. Then I reached into a drawer in the vanity I never reached into anymore. Into the box in that drawer, and pulled the straight razor out. It had been a gift. For Vern, for his birthday. I used some Dad money to buy him something for a better shave. Except I bought two, and I kept this second one. Just in case.

Just in case I needed to let go, just a little bit.

I queued up the music on my laptop, and I brought my bluetooth speakers with me as I crossed the hall into the bathroom. Fortunately I shared a wall with it so the signal would be strong. I locked the door, just in case this went long. In case Vernal got home before I was finished. There wouldn't be any interruptions. I turned on the water in the tub, let it fill up, drew myself a warm bath. I pressed play on the remote, on a loop. And I got into the bath.

For a moment, I just let myself sit there, soaking some warmth into my still-shivering self. Then I reached for the razor. And, very carefully, careful not to open any of the larger scars, I cut. Shallow little cuts, for now. I didn't need bigger, hopefully not yet. Each arm got their share. I watched as the water slightly turned pink. Then, another sigh as I plunged my forearms in.

After a moment, and a deep breath, I dunked my head underwater, too.

Rolling to Gaze into the Abyss, looking for a way to pick up the pieces.

<LifeGetsWorser> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> LifeGetsWorser, 4-1 = 3

Well, uh, get an Xp for rolling Dark at least. And I suppose Gato can decide if Anna/Hugo is going to hijack.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Sex Move - RUL loses 1 string on Sarah, and gains 1 string on Liliana

WELL DONE, SLAVE

Thanks RUL. It totally was, too.

Both, you know, the sex itself - oh my god RUL, really hoping this was just round one - and how easy all this was.

Nyx is all but purring beside me. I reach a hand down and give her rear end another squeeze, deciding that her pale flesh contrasts nicely with my tanned skin. "Mmm... somebody sounds happy." That'd be somebodies, because I'm pleased as punch. I squeeze against her, using my free hand to awkwardly pull the chair by the bed closer so I can grab my phone out of it. After some fishing around (both hands) I've retrieved it from the coat-pocket I always keep it in.

"Yo Nyx, memento time." Seeing no disagreement from her, just that big goofy grin, I lay my head on her shoulder and reach my arm holding the camera down closer to her stomach. From this angle, the whole picture's gonna be dominated by her tits and our heads, plus maybe some of the bed and a bit of wall. Making drat sure I'm duckfacing, I bring my other hand up across her chest possessively, then take a few pictures.

With that accomplished, I put my phone away carefully (it's now containing a component of RUL's plan for Jess) and go back to devoting my full attention to Nyx. Laying the day away is way better than class, and RUL seems... interested? In Nyx now. Poor Jess, poor Nyx, but lucky me.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Liar

As we finish up I can't help but lick my lips a little, snuggling in close to Sarah, enjoying the proximity. gently caress, when I found out she was the happiest I was right, and she just shot up to be more so during all that. Not only was it fun physically, but it was like I'd finally gotten a loving meal - I hadn't eaten since last night because I was an idiot. Those bits of excess happiness and horniness made the sweetest meal to go with the sweetest drink. Oh, I wasn't going to eat enough to make it a downer for her, but man she was leaking plenty extra. I hadn't had someone this happy just from sex in... ever. It normally took drugs to get someone like this. And so as I lay naked with her now, her arm wrapping over my chest - she seemed to like how large it was - I whispered, [sub]"Hey, Sarebear, you think you could start being nicer to Jess? She's like, my best friend and really important to me, and I'd like you to to, ya know, be less mean and get along? Even if she freaks out sometimes."

Sex Move - PROMISES

And as if it was loving scripted that way, my phone suddenly started vibrating, pinned under my naked body as it was I had to shift over - pressing myself onto Sarah for a few moments as I stradled over her, staring down at my phone.

quote:

dont ever talk to me again. ever.

This had to be a joke. This could not loving not be a joke. I didn't have time to give a proper goodbye even as I practically threw myself off the lovely little excuse for a bed, "loving gently caress." I cursed as I searched around the room, grabbing my discarded skirt and clipping it on quickly, then my jacket - actually bothering to zip it as I ran towards the locked door, throwing it open as soon as I could get it unlocked, "Sorry I have to go." I muttered it back at Sarah and loving left her like that, on the lovely little bed with none of her clothes on.

I didn't slow down even as I ran through the doorway and out into the hallway, sprinting at full speed down the hall towards the nearest door, my phone in my hand, dialing Jess' cellphone, frantically clicking the call button next to Mine in my phone, "Oh gently caress, pick up, pick up the phone Jess come on do not loving do this." I cursed as I turned towards the direction her house was. I didn't have a car, my dad didn't let me have one after I got sent here, so I had to loving run down the street towards where I knew Jess' apartment was. I totally wasn't crying as I babbled at the phone, trying it again if I didn't get an answer the first time, it just was raining obviously.

loving sunny day rain showers.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 12, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

As Jess walked towards the school, it began to rain. That seemed to be an apt description of the day's mood to her. Nothing but suffering, even over what should have been a happy exterior. The sun was still shining. Jess walked, placing one foot in front of the other, almost monotonously, as she advanced inch by inch towards that confrontation.

She would not be hurt by her again. She wouldn't, never, not in a thousand years.

Betrayer. Liar. Cheat, Skank....

There were footsteps on the pavement. They weren't hers. They weren't a pedestrian's. There was only one person it could be, and it couldn't have possibly been scripted this way. This was perfect. Jess steeled herself mentally, reaching down into depths of strength that Max would never have had.

The wind was blowing through Jess' multicolored hair, the sounds of the streets ringing around her- cars, horns, yelling, bargaining, pleading, sirens, crying-
crying?
Jess' face was stained with tears. Her tears. It could not have been the rain. Blaming emotions on the rain was a cliche. Jess would not allow it. Not now. She doesn't have time for cliches.

Jess stood still as she came face to face with Liliana Nyx. Her eyes had the fury that the other her would never express. Her cheeks carried the tears that she felt far too strongly. Her mouth was agape, open, wide, she was shaking, wobbling, fists clenched so tight as to be white. She looked paler than ever. She was Jess. Nothing else. There was only a single thread that was wrong.
She did not know the love of Nyx, only the betrayal.
Rolled 2d6+2 for disguise, hit 8. This disguise will come unraveled upon a kiss.

"You..." Jess could not speak for a moment, but soon the words came out like a torrent. "You SLEPT WITH HER? You loving... You /know/ how I felt about this! You should have loving known from this morning? Why do you think I left? Why do you think that I loving went out crying? Did you think it was because I wanted to? Did you think it was because I was just some needy attention needing sad little gently caress?"
"You loving cheated on me! You didn't even have the drat sense to ask, or to do it where I couldn't see- and then you think I want to get involved in a loving THREESOME you started NO LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES LATER?"
"Go to /Hell./"
Using a string- applying the condition Damned
"I thought you loved me. But obviously you don't- you lied, to me, to anyone else who ever saw this loving travesty of a relationship!"
That 2d6+2=8 from earlier- apply the other string, and the Liar condition... shutting down Nyx again.
"Are you even capable of love? Can you even get close to feeling anything? Evidently not. You... you..."
Apply the condition Heartless.

Jess turns around, and begins to walk- slowly, deliberately, turning her back on Nyx. She's going home. She's said all that needs to be said, really.
This is done.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Liar, Heartless, Damned

Just as I started to convince myself that the tears falling down my face were just raindrops, it actually started to rain. My jacket was just for show, it didn't even have a hood, it wasn't warm, and my skirt wasn't built for the rain. My phone was getting soaked as I ran through the rain shouting into it, dialing and redialing Jess' cellphone every time it reached a message, "Come on Jess, come on, pick up, please come on..." I was begging an inanimate object and practically sobbing as I ran through the streets. I could feel the misery of the city all around me, it was loving filling me as I embraced it for once. I didn't deserve to feel good right now, I couldn't push it away with my own feelings for once.

And then I saw her. She was just standing there and I just stared at her for a long moment, before my phone dropped to the ground. I didn't loving care if it got broken, if the screen shattered or the water destroyed it or it got carried away, I dropped it and started running again, trying to get to her and standing face to face with her, staring into her eyes only to see she was crying just like I was, "B-ba-." My speech was cut off as she started to yell, as she started to insult me. I just let it happen, I didn't have any room to speak as she yelled, I didn't know she'd hurt like this I thought she just wanted the attention this morning, not for me to not be with Sarah. gently caress I hosed up bad, but then she started saying she thought I loved her.

All I could manage was to croak out four words with none of my usual tone, none of my bravado, none of the giddiness. I could barely even say it over the rain as she started to walk away... "I... I do love you..." I barely managed to hold in the sobs as they came, as they rocked through my body. The whole world went greyscale for me - literally - this was how it was, there wasn't any joy in it, there wasn't any happiness. This was the truth of the world and I couldn't pretend to not see it right now. A bad trip was better than this. A stab to the gut would have been better than this.

I felt like my heart was ripped out, and I just fell to the ground, to my knees, as I sobbed. I couldn't do any more than that as I buried my face in my hands. I'd hosed up bad. Real bad. But somehow, somehow I managed to not run off. To not try and hide my sadness in drugs or sex. So I wallowed instead, and hoped she would turn back.

Hold Steady: 2d6-1 8

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 12, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

All you're doing is inflicting more pain
this isn't like before
this is wrong
no

why should i- why should jess stop
i can't she won't we won't she hurt us she deserves this she has to
stop

...Jess took a deep breath. Her wrists itched and she hurt and she needed to turn and leave...
...Max took a deep breath. This was how she calmed herself but she can't, she needed to leave, get out of here...

Jess stopped.
Max stopped.

She deserves better than this. Jess deserves better than this. Nyx deserves better than this. She's hurt. That isn't the hurt of a liar. That isn't the hurt of an abuser. That's the hurt of someone who knows. Who knows inside that they hosed up. She deserves another chance.
Does she? Max's seen this person before, even if Jess hasn't. She saw this person this morning on the way to class. She felt this person's hatred.
But Nyx isn't that person.

Jess stood in the rain, and turned around, looking Nyx directly in the eye, saying nothing, feeling nothing, tuning out the world around her, the sights and the sounds and the raindrops on her skin...
"Come back tomorrow. I'll listen to you then. Come back tomorrow and I might forgive you." Something in Jess felt the weight behind those words- not just her weight, but the weight of something else behind them. She didn't know what it was, but the magic of the promise infused her, filled her body with energy
The weight of that promise carried through her body and into her voice.
"Go away and think about this- Go away and consider every little drat thing you've done WRONG! Go away, and hopefully you'll feel what I do."

Jess would have fallen to her knees and forgiven Nyx. Max was certain of that.
But I ran away.
Jess would have done something better than that. But I... I... damnit.
I tried, at least. I tried to run away from a crying woman in the rain. That's got to be a sin of some kind. That's got to be unforgivable.
I don't know if I would get away, but I tried.

Nea fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 14, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Jess

The sounds of the city outside the bathroom window fade beneath the water. The blood pounding in your head almost sounds like the beating of wings...

You can see yourself half-naked in the abandoned park. Max is holding your t-shirt. You lean in to kiss her, and now the shirt is gone and you're kissing yourself, your face pressed against its perfect double. The scene recedes before your eyes as though the cameraman is backing away slowly - and now it's gone, you're running through a blurry maze of empty corridors and -

You are sitting at a desk. Its surface is a black mirror like a smartphone screen. You lean forward, and see Anna's mournful face staring back, black lines tracing out the paths of tears on her cheeks. Slowly, deliberately, you raise your fist, then bring it crashing down on the screen, shattering it just as the desk begins to shake rapidly. The screen shows the selfie you took with Anna in the park, the network of cracks radiating from your face -

For a moment, everything is the colour of venous blood in water. The wingbeats are louder now. The darkness retreats and you are watching Sarah sitting in the nurse's room with Nyx. Her smile reminds you of nothing so much as an animal's maw. Nyx is grinning back, her hair shining like starlight. You watch Sarah straddle her and kiss her and tease her and -

You watch it all, then you watch it again.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions:

It felt like I was under the water for hours, but it couldn't have been more than a minute. I rose with a scream, a panicky scream.

"AAAAAAAAHhhhhhhwhathefuckwasthat!!" I screamed to no one. I didn't go that far, I shouldn't be hallucinating!

Deep breaths, Jessamine, deep breaths.

The music was skipping. The same chime, over and over.

It was not a record, it shouldn't even be possible for the music to skip. Slowly I looked over at the speaker, and the skipping stopped, as if on queue, the music proceeding as if it had never happened. I glared. I thought I heard a wingbeat for a moment, and then nothing. I shuttered. It couldn't have been more than 2 minutes, at best - but the water was suddenly freezing. I drained the tub. Dried myself. Then I turned on the shower to wash away....all the leftover blood and tears and mascara. I shivered, in the towel - when did it start to rain out there?

Still, let's look at this thing...vision...nightmare. I can't fix the Liliana situation. I just...I can't, it's awful. Thanks subconscious, for painting a picture of the bitch taking her away from me. Thank you so much! God, I hoped the other Jess fixed it.

But I didn't want to cry, as I padded softly back to my room, so that was good. I bandaged up my wrists, put away the razor. Exhaled, this time the stress was breaking, a bit.

But Anna, I suppose I needed to apologize. Still didn't have my phone - Jess had that for now. But I had my laptop, and I had facebook, and if Anna's phone was smart, and not dumb, her facebook account would be connected to it.

I opened a private message, wincing at the last message being to confirm a meetup.

quote:

Look, I know this is a lot of messages in one day for someone who threatened you with legal action, so, sorry. This day has been hosed up, royally. I'm sure the rumor mill is already working double time at the school. I'm done for the day, gently caress my attendance. But, even though it was loving weird of you to spy on me like that, you've never done me any real harm. I don't know if I can trust you, but, I don't want to lose two friends in one day, ok? Can we talk? Please?

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 14, 2015

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I stared ahead as she turned back around, I hoped, I hoped so dearly she'd take my word and forgive me. It wasn't to be and I knew it wouldn't be. The world got just a little color, I could see Jess' hair, it was always so lovely, it was so cute how she wanted it to be like that. I loved her hair, it made me so happy and felt so... perfect. I could see just around her, just for a moment, all the hope sustaining me. And then she opened her mouth. She was still mad, she was still upset. She should be, I didn't realize something so simple. I didn't realize anything, because I am so stupid.

But then I listened anyways, and just nodded, "I-I'll... come to your place tomorrow. B-before school?" I said it weakly. I couldn't believe how my own voice sounded, it'd been so long since I hurt like this. So long since I let myself get hurt like this. Every fear I'd hidden was suddenly creeping up, and I suddenly realized that my phone was behind me, in a puddle. I grabbed at it desperately, and started swiping at it. It worked, thank the Queen. "I-If you don't want to see me just... please call me? Please Jess... I-I know I hosed up I didn't realize... I don't realize things sometimes." I made the excuses and... and she was already running away.

I couldn't do anything more, I stood and stared up at the rain. I didn't know what to do now. I didn't want to go back to school, but I didn't have anything to do, and my parents wouldn't let me go home early. But maybe they'd let me get some clothes if I said mine got damaged. So I'd walk there. And then maybe go back to school.

Maybe.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

For a couple minutes I just lay there, enjoying the thrill of possible discovery, the afterglow, the wicked picture Nyx let me take. Eventually I get up, stretch again, then close the door and re-lock it in order to get dressed again. I should probably go shower, I have to absolutely reek of Nyx, but that may actually be a good thing... Wonder what Jess is up to, other than presumably crying?

Throwing my coat back on and checking my reflection in the mirror (appropriately disheveled, with more than a bit of Nyx's distinctive lipstick marking my face) I stride off into the school, heading for an exit. Mission pretty much loving accomplished here, I might as well head back to my apartment and invite some people over. I've got a pretty sweet place thanks to RUL giving me some gifts now and again, so it's usually not too hard to sell people on it. I don't even have to pay rent, it's RUL's place. RUL owns things, it's his entire deal.

Walking towards one of the ways out of this loving labyrinthine place, I'm tapping out some texts. Working for RUL involves a lot of prep-work, but when it pays off - like it just did, I remember with a slight blush. God, Nyx had been so eager, it was great. Anyways, I'm distracting myself. Texts!

txt to Anna posted:

Yo I lost our bet, Nyx's tits = real

txt to Anna posted:

My place? Soonish?

txt to Nyx posted:

Was hoping for a round two. My place soon? Will be fun... : )

txt to Jess posted:

You ok? Worried about you : /

txt to Erik posted:

Yo dude, cut class + come to my place.

RUL, Nyx is honestly pretty fun. You seem to like her, you know I was enjoying myself. If you help me get her, it'd hurt Jess too, right? Tell me what I need to do to make Nyx forget about Jess and love me instead.

While I wait for his response, I throw open the double doors and stride out into the rain. Well, that loving sucks. Still, my apartment is only a few blocks from here, walking's not so bad. Hell with the way I'm feeling, I just might skip the whole way there.

Using Strings Attached - Asking to steal Nyx's love from Jess, in exchange for ? If RUL can't grant that, that'll tell Sarah something. Or maybe he'll just yell at her for asking, who knows?

also Erik is the NPC in class she uses Strings Attached on in her back-story, causing his transfer to the school (and potentially the murder / suicide of his parents.)

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 12, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

"Oh," I say, embarrassed yet again. "Well, I'm sorry I thought you were...." I trail off. We'll be here forever (literally for me) if we keep apologizing all the time. "Well, anyway. You don't really seem like you belong here either," I tell him. And Allister really doesn't. "You're too kind. And you aren't all..." I wave a hand at the nurse's office. "Caught up in yourself."

I smile at him, offering the alcohol swabs and towels. I don't know why I thought he had creepy eyes before. They're really actually pretty nice. "Could you help me? It was just a little cut, or something. I need to wipe the blood away, but it's hard to do the back of your own head. And then I guess we should probably get back to class."

Giving Alister what she thinks he wants; a friend

Shut Alister Down: 2d6+1 7 Despite the name of the move, Alex is actually trying to establish a rapport. Giving Alister the condition "Friendly", and he can give her one as well.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Stalker

**this happens after Anna finishes Gazing. I'll edit this into a later post so it all make sense chronologically.

Back to reality. More messages from Jess. Facebook as well this time. I smile. If she wants to threaten me some more, she's wasting her time.

curious.

Oh come on, Hugo. I'm not playing this game. I've hosed up enough for one morning.

this is an opportunity. she has ceded the high ground to you.

...ugh, fine. He'll only keep bothering me. I look at the latest message.

...that's unexpected. Seriously, I crossed the loving line. I'd probably have reacted how she did, minus the lawyers bit. Why the 180? I scroll up... wait, what? Anything to do with what?

the slave has been playing her games again. what little power she has-

I wave Hugo away, and open the texts from Sarah...

oh, Sarah. You certainly didn't waste any time. Hope you had fun. I try my hardest to muster some sympathy for Jess, but seriously. Nothing about this was in any way surprising. How the hell could I have had anything to do with - oh poo poo. That's what this was all about, wasn't it? That's why Jess ran off this morning? Best friends, but one of them wants something more. What a loving cliche. Where does making out with random emo girls in playgrounds come into the script?

...that's more or less what I type. I'm ready to hit send when I see it. Jess's arm stretched out in front of us, holding her phone for a selfie. Her scars in the sunlight. And the abyss opening before her - before us? - again.

Hugo is looking at me.

Deep breath. Gotta keep this neutral. Composed. Give nothing away.

quote:

no, I didn't have anything to do with this. yes, we should talk.

Hugo bobs his head in approval. very good. the initiative is yours now.

...this isn't right. I send her another.

quote:

I'm really sorry for everything. Hang in there, ok? :')

**These messages will go to Jess's Facebook account, since Anna is replying to her most recent message

And breathe out again. I start replying to Sarah. I'm smiling, suddenly. She's a force of nature, all right. A free spirit. So is Nyx, probably. Hopefully Jess will work that out before too long. It doesn't pay to get too attached.

quote:

holy poo poo that was faster than expected. your place = good, had a hell of a morning. less tits involved than you tho. told you they were real ;)

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Anna wasn't trustworthy, and she didn't say anything beyond vague platitudes. I sighed, raggedly. I'd have to give her another chance, anyway. My subconscious was apparently upset about it. Shaking my head, I composed a reply.

quote:

Fine. Tomorrow after school. Park?

quote:

I am going to kill Sarah Smith, btw. I know you're friends with her, but. gently caress her, seriously.

"gently caress me." I moaned as I flopped like a fish down onto my bed. This was the start of the loving school week? How was I supposed to get through a whole week? I turned my face towards the window. Then something occurred to me.

Alex was involved. That bitch. I stood up, facing the window, uncaring that I still hadn't bothered to re-dress myself. I stood up and stared at the abandoned house. All her hurt and her pain - I thought it would be something we might have become friends over. Maybe I came on too strong.

But she wanted to take Nyx from me, the same as everyone else. And now they'd succeeded. Fine. I shut the blinds. "Bye, Alex." I whispered to myself. Ok, so, down to one and a half friends, total? Great. Still at a lovely remedial school? Check. Cutting myself again from stress? Yep. Having horrible nightmares - ok.

What else could even go wrong?

I had Max/Jess, that beautiful, furious mirror image.

And Anna was there. Even if she was still keeping something. She hadn't told me anything, after all, not really. But she'd get another shot.

And, well, that was about it. That's what I had going right. Or, well, kind of right.

"gently caress." I fell back on the bed. There were supposed to be three bodies in this bed tonight. Nyx's body was supposed to be in this bed tonight. Now it wouldn't ever be. Just one more tear for that. And numbness returned.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx)
Currently Wearing :Jess's Clothing

I couldn't keep it up that much longer. I hurt, because she hurt, and I just had to... I don't know if I fixed anything. All I did was make someone cry in the rain. I can't be Jess. I'm not Jess, I'm not strong, I'm just some little bitch who ruins relationships more than they already have been.
I at least gave her a chance. That was more than I thought I would. A chance. God. I hope she takes it. I hope so. I don't know what Jess will say, or if she'll even want Nyx to. I don't know what I should have said, I don't know what I should have done, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that. That was disgusting. I've ruined another relationship today, haven't I? ...
No. It can't be that way, it won't be that way, I'll make sure of it. I don't know how, but... I'll figure out something. I'm not going to feel that, I'm not going to watch someone fall apart because of me, not ever again.

Or at the very least, Jess won't. Max might just stay home.

And so I walked through the rain....

===

A text from Sarah? ... Wait, no. She'd been in the... gently caress her.
I deleted her contact information from Jess' phone.

===

I walked into Jess' apartment, clenching my fists tight, my nails dug into my palm- I wasn't drawing blood, but it had to have been close. I walked, through the front door, down the hall, and into Jess' room- and there she was, on the bed. Laptop set at the bottom, a message still open. Tears dried on her face. Blood on her . . .
oh god
oh god oh god oh gently caress she didn't i didn't i should have stayed why did i no no hell gently caress
a cut opened on my arm that wasn't there before

this is all my fault

===

I stood there for a moment, saying nothing, frozen, sheer terror on my face, warm blood on my arms- Jess' arms. My mind was racing and my heart was pounding and everything was wrong and bad and there was nothing I could possibly do to fix it

I sat down on the bed.

I pressed my head into Jess' side.

And I cried.

===

Some time later, I managed to eke out a few words- something, anything. "I... I saw her. She was on her way here. She was crying too."

A long pause. Jess might have said something. If she did, I never heard it.

"I... I hurt her. I said... so many things. That I shouldn't have."
My voice was weak. I had no idea how I was talking at all.
"But... She'll be back tomorrow."

"I told her to be."

"Please, just listen. I... I think we were wrong. She... she didn't understand, she... She'll be back tomorrow morning. Talk to her. Please. God. I shouldn't have... gently caress. I shouldn't have left you. I'm sorry, i'm so sorry, i should have stayed and kept here and..."

... I was silent. I didn't know what else I could say.

What do you tell the person you abandoned to hurt themselves?

What could you say to possibly justify that?

Nea fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 12, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Slowly, I rolled over as the other me stepped into the room. She looked distraught, wounded. I lifted my head off the pillow and listened to the things I had to tell myself, about what we did, how we handled - or maybe mishandled, things.

Then, I guess, it was my turn to be the strong half. The stronger of the two. I watched myself weep for a moment, the surrealism of that not lost on me, but it wasn't important. I took my other self's head, which was currently pressed into my side, and held her to my chest, ignoring the fact I was still entirely unclothed. I couldn't embarrass myself that way, it was inconceivable.

"Hey, shh, no. You did all we could, Jess." I was quiet, I knew, maybe she didn't even hear the things I had to say, because between sobs she brought up she had told Liliana to come here tomorrow morning. To tell us her side of things.

"Okay," I told my other half. "Then I'll be here to listen, tomorrow." I hugged Jess, hugged her tight. Maybe she could realize there was nothing to apologize for. We, each half of me, we each made our choice about how to handle this. If I was her, which I was, I would have done what she did. And I didn't, too. And it was okay. For now it would be okay.

I lifted her head, looked at my own puffy eyes, red with tears, and I offered myself a smile. "Let me be strong for us now, ok?" I knew I still looked frail. I knew I must be cold. But it was my turn to be the unbroken one of us. I pressed my forehead up to her's, to my own. A continuous veil of blue and purple hair keeping the outside world out, at least for a moment. "And never apologize to me, for being me."

Rolling to turn on Max. 2d6+2 = 6, I'll spend my string to make it a 7. Max can choose, give a string, make a promise, give herself

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I walked through the rain, feeling numb to everything. I needed something, I needed to escape, I wanted to be anywhere but here. My phone was still in my hand, miraculously still working. I had a message from Sarah, asking me to swing by her place, but I just typed out a quick reply.

Text to Sarah posted:

Not up to it right now Sarebear. Maybe catch you next time.

Opening up my contact list after sending off the message I scrolled down, way down, to find Russel's number. I'd get some drugs from him and get through the day at least, spend it at the warehouse maybe, then go home to get yelled at for ditching, then go see Jess in the morning. That'd work. That'd get me through today, that'd be nice. My finger moved right over the call button, the little green symbol was so tempting, I just had to move it half an inch.

I couldn't. I couldn't do that, I didn't deserve to hide behind drugs and fake happiness, I deserved to be miserable. I considered putting my phone away, but... I had a better plan, I knew someone, someone who tried at least, someone who wasn't horrible like me. Like everyone else. I only had his number because he offered to help 'save' me way back when I first got here, if I ever needed help. I don't know why I kept it, I never used it.

I hit the call button next to the name in my phone "Nate - Teachers Pet". And I waited as it started ringing. I hoped class hadn't already started and that he'd be ignoring his phone due to it. Or that he hadn't turned it off. Regardless of if he picked up the phone or it went to voicemail, I started it off the same way... "Hey, Nathan. It's Lily. I uh, I hosed up bad."

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 12, 2015

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Experience 5/5. Conditions:
Outfits: Crazy Fae Raver Outfit (Nyx)
Currently Wearing :Jess's Clothing

First thing's first- Max takes the move Metamorphosis , from the hollow. It adds an option on 10+ on gaze to permanently swap two of your stats, as you see what you must become.

Jess pressed her chest to my face, and I let myself rest there. It was okay. I was her, there wasn't anything wrong with it. I just... let my head rest, let my tears dry up, Let her talk to me and tell me everything would be alright. It would be fine. The world wasn't going to come to an end. I would survive, she would survive, and maybe I did what I should have.
I wrapped my arms around her and let her lift me up, Pressed my head to hers and closed my eyes, sitting there silently for a long moment. Things finally were starting to clear up. She could be strong for us now. And that was all I needed to hear.

I opened my eyes, and crawled out of Jess' grasp, laying next to her on the bed, drifting off towards a deep and much needed sleep.

At some point I could have sworn I heard myself say something, but... it's not the kind of thing I would say, right?

"I'll love you forever, Jess..." I wouldn't have said that. I would have worried about hurting her. I would have just stayed quiet. Maybe the TV had come on, or the radio.

Maybe it was just my imagination.

I can't have heard that, right?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 0/4 | Experience: 2/5 | Conditions: Gay, Friendly

I laugh. It's quiet, but sincere. I say, still chuckling, "Shhhh. Don't let anyone else hear that I'm just a big ol' softy. You'll ruin my carefully crafted rep."

After I pad the alcohol on the "wound", I see there isn't a wound at all. It's pretty weird all right, but this has been a pretty weird day.

Still, no need to freak her out any more. I say, "So, it must have been a really thin cut, because I can barely see it. You probably don't need a bandage. And anyway, walking around with something like that here? You might as well paint a target on your back for the assholes."

While we're walking back to class, I make the decision to show off a bit. Yeah, it's kinda dumb to show someone where I keep all my poo poo, but what can I say? I want to impress her. I ask, "Do you, uh, have plans after school? If not, maybe you'd like to hang out some?" I'm glad she's not looking as I bite my lip in anticipation.

Enjoy your now harm free self.
And take "Cared For" as your condition. No double meanings there. :v:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Cared For

I check my head in the mirror. Yeah, no bandages. I already knew that. There's either no wound there, or... a crater. No in between. That's how it works, with ghosts. I've got really long hair, so the important thing is to make sure it's not all matted with blood. And Alister is pretty cool about it, although he's a bit fumbly, like he's scared to touch me. It's cute that he pretends to be tough.

"What? Oh, uh... plans? No, not really." I can't really tell him that on most nights I never even leave the school. Sometime I go for walks, but after the sun sets I get this terrible pressure to get back to one of my haunts. "Yeah, okay," I say cautiously. "We can hang out. But not at my place. It's..." I trail off, unable to think of a good lie. "Bad. But we can hang out." And my chest feels warm, thanks to the prospect of not being alone for a while.

"Oh crap! I need to get my jacket first," I remember.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 13, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Other Jess had fallen asleep, half still being held by me. I lowered her onto the bed and took of her shoes, then tucked us both in. For now, that was all I could do - all I wanted to do, was sleep.

Maybe this was all a bad dream, maybe I'd wake up and Nyx would be there and I could tell her about how awful it was. Ha.

I cuddled up to the form that was identical to my own, but wasn't, and slept.

...I might have heard something pleasant, during that sleep. But it was probably a fading dream...

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Nathan: Are you looking to save them, or yourself? That familiar doubting whisper echoes in your mind as you think. What are you really hoping to achieve - helping them, or damning them for your own gratification? The mocking whisper adds that in the end, it doesn't matter; whoever you try to save will fall, just like your greatest failures have. What do you do?

Anna: There is plenty of good you may do for others, Hugo says. Or plenty you may do that pleases others, if you prefer. The boy Nathan can help you with the former. The girl Sarah can with the latter. And after all, as the end approaches, what is good but what those with power define? Whether that helps or not, the touch of his wings to your shoulder seems to draw some of your exhaustion away.

Sarah: There is nothing you need to do. No special tricks or secret ways. Nothing that can be guaranteed. Wait... isn't that unusual? Has RUL ever said 'no' outright before?

AdjectiveNoun fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 14, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Harm 0/4 | Experience 2/5 | Conditions: Stalker

**Note: this happens before Anna replies to Jess and Sarah.

Thanks, Hugo. The bird sucks at cheering me up but...he does know how to make me think. Nathan? I don't know him very well. Hugo's pretty wary of him (spot the loving pattern), calls him a zealot, and he got oddly evasive the last time I asked about the guy. He's pretty intense, and definitely the wrong side of self-righteous. He'd probably judge me pretty hard for what I did, and that's probably what I need but...not yet. Not just yet.

Huh, I've stopped crying. Can you give me Nathan's number, Hugo? Thanks. I'll mark that one In Case of Spiritual Emergency. Or In Case of Future Fuckup.

Helping Nathan, or pleasing Sarah? I can feel the barbs in that distinction Hugo's drawn oh-so-carefully, but I'm not going to fall for it. What does Hugo know about friendship? Sarah certainly makes me feel better, so if I can do the same or anything like it for her, that's a win in my book. Nice try, Hugo. I'll talk things over with her later, and she'll help me laugh and not care so much about everything...

...and we pick up here.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hot 0, Cold 0, Volatile 1, Forgiveness: 0, Trespass: 0
Harm 0/4 | Experience: 1/5 | Conditions: none

It takes me a minute to shake off the haunting echoes of that damned voice. It's right though. It doesn't matter who I try to help. Franklin will just pull the same old poo poo tomorrow, or pick a new target, and half the class will cut school again next week. Not like I blame them. This place is as lost as I am.

I'm so caught up in it that I almost don't realize my phone is ringing. Man, it's not often people come to me. And it's Nyx? Huh. I take the call right away. Anything to distract me from having to think about my own problems sounds good right now.

"Hey, Nathan. It's Lily. I uh, I hosed up bad."

“Hello,” I reply. “Yeah, you don't sound too well. The teacher still isn't here yet, so you can tell me what happened if you need to.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

He picked up, holy crap he actually picked up, I couldn't believe it when another voice was on the other end. gently caress where did I even begin, did I rreally sound that bad? Of course I did, my voice was scratchy and it was clear I had been crying, even worse it was raining and that was probably making it sound worse, "Yeah... yeah I'm in a bad place. gently caress, gently caress. Sorry I'm uh. poo poo where do I even start. Okay so uh, came into class and was flirting and being me and Sarah's mackin' on me and Ale- wait gently caress you were there you're always in class like thirty minutes early. Anyways gently caress, Jess runs out, and she texts me later when I text her that she just felt like, uncared for, like I was playing with everyone but her." I sighed, inwardly I wanted to beat myself up and just leave myself at the side of the road, everything hurt so bad, even just walking I could feel the sheer sadness I'd caused,

"So anyways.. gently caress. I told her I was about to gently caress Alex and Sarah in the nurse's, because you know, I was." At least I could still be blase about that, I wondered if Nathan was blushing on the other end, "And asked if she wanted to join. And gently caress me, just as I was finishing up she told me she hated me and never wanted to see me. Because I'm a loving idiot and didn't think that hey, maybe loving someone else when your girlfriend is feeling lonely is hosed up. Like gently caress, she normally doesn't give a poo poo who I gently caress so I just assume she wouldn't and might be excited to join in, but instead I loving ruined everything."

"And then she started yelling at me when I went to see her. gently caress. poo poo. She accused me of not loving her and said I was a liar and I just... gently caress. She told me to come talk to her tomorrow but... gently caress Nate, I don't know what the gently caress to do here. I don't wanna lose her, but it's loving... augh. I can't think of anything to say, to apologize. I want to just do some cid and having a loving fun day and forget today ever happened."

I hadn't even let him get a word in edgewise, and I knew it. But I needed to say it all, to rant it out. Otherwise I was going to explode.

• Locked thread