Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

bad day posted:

If they don't faithfully cover the Luther Van Dam child molestation scandal I'm out.

Seriously though, what blows my mind about bringing back Coach is how do they make th e decision to bring back that, of all shows?

OK sure, they're bringing back Full House, but that was a huge show. X Files? Iconic. Boy/Girl Meets World? Not a big show, but the remake is airing on the Disney Channel, where Dog With a Blog is a tentpole series.

You can see though, how a network might want to mine it's past. But when you think of the iconic shows of the 80s/90s, ones that are sure to get a lot of nostalgic Gen Xers to tune in you think the heavy hitters--Family Ties, Cosby (RIP), Cheers, Family Matters, Who's The Boss, etc.

Coach? I'm sure it had decent ratings, hell I watched it in my less discriminating tv watching youth. But it was never major tier. You might as well bring back 227 or Just The Ten of Us. :rolleyes:

I just can't figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's not much to think about, it's literally a last ditch effort to get some viewers on a half hour slot. Nothing else has worked.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Craig T Nelson said yes. I think that's pretty much the long and the short of it. It sounds like they might not have gotten anyone else from the original show, and they don't really need to. That's what makes it unique, they can build a sequel show around one actor who happens to be at a point where TV is worth doing again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well te be fair, was he ever at a point where TV wasn't worth doing?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

MC Nietzche posted:

Best episode of Heroes was Noah/Sylar buddy cop episode. I would have watched the poo poo out of a show like that, too bad the writers felt the show was getting too good and ended that story line fast.

Remember that brief time in season 3 when Bryan Fuller came back and it got good again, and then he left and it immediately started sucking again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well te be fair, was he ever at a point where TV wasn't worth doing?

For like a month after the first Incredibles movie?

• Locked thread