Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

bowmore posted:

I never edited that post, that's odd

You clearly did. Explain yourself.

bowmore posted:

bowmore hosed around with this message at May 24, 2015 around 19:46

stop this right the hell now you gently caress

Accident or no if I see you edit another post at all I'm going to modkill you god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry Ecco :/

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the first one was a legit butt edit

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have literally never before in my entire life heard of a butt edit. And I don't give a hoot regardless, if I see a "bowmore hosed around" again, your butt is grass.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this is what happens when you (accidentally) edit posts new kids, don't do it, it's not worth it

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

this is what happens when you (accidentally) edit posts new kids, don't do it, it's not worth it

good advice

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Phone posting because my internet is living up to its reputation of being poo poo.

1. I too am curious about butt editing. That's a new one. It also brings back my earlier suspicions on BM.

2. Awkward self put downs aside, I'm willing to agree that WWWs behaviour has been a bit inconsistent and could do with some closer scrutiny.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok I have to know:

Are people saying butt editing or cloud editing?

Because I have the Clouds to Butts extension and am confused.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Gridlocked posted:

Ok I have to know:

But everything is in the cloud these days!

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

Gridlocked posted:

Ok I have to know:

It's butt editing.

anyway, now that my internet is working again and I don't have to phone post.

##Vote WWM

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DGK2000 posted:

But everything is in the cloud these days!

Well played DGK well played.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Gridlocked posted:

Sorry this is going back a few pages but I wasn't sure if DC answered my and FV's questions.

So you believe that WWM would shaft Shanakin, assuming he is a scum, on the grounds of he dosen't want a new player on his team?

No, I believe wwm would shaft Shanakin to make it look like they were doing a good job of finding scum. It's called "bussing" as in throwing people under the bus.

I'm willing to switch to wwm off of Shanakin

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

No, I believe wwm would shaft Shanakin to make it look like they were doing a good job of finding scum. It's called "bussing" as in throwing people under the bus.

I assumed that was what bussing meant :v:

That's cool you are willing to swap; what is your response to my word vomit on the previous page?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

I think bowmore is someone who isn't really paying a whole lot of attention, but I don't see that as a scumtell for him. I feel like the Shanakin case is pretty shaky. Yes he (she?) was one of the people who didn't vote for DC at the end of the day, and that is suspicious, but I'll take Shanakin and Gridlocked at their word that Shanakin forgot deadline. The rest looks like typical newbie awkwardness and is generally null. With a gun to my head I'd vote Shanakin, but I think there are much better votes out there currently.

So...right now you think they are both town? Or scum?

Those are some pretty vague opinions.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Gridlocked posted:

You know what guys: ##vote WWM

Poor quality Logic here:

a) Early on WWM suggests grandi and FV as "Gut Reads". Grandi has already shown himself as a cop, so obviously that gut read was wrong; and to me FV is one of the most upstanding citizens. Why would you gut read 2 people like that?

To me this is not a particularly convincing point. Wrong does not equal scum. If WWM was town, how would he know that Grandi was a cop?

I think you're misinterpreting WWM here. I dont see that he doesn't want people to vote DC, but he's looking at the motivation of people's voting at the end of the day.

Gridlocked posted:

c) WWM wants me to explain if I think DC is a townie (as I said I thought she was during Day 1). Why would s/he care about my opinion on that? Strangely specific in the circumstances.

No, this is how you play mafia. You get people to commit to concrete opinions and then watch how their opinions change throughout the game. Are they consistent? Are their thought processes clear? This is much harder for scum to do because they know more than town and have to lie.

Gridlocked posted:

d) S/he claims DGK is a bigger threat then someone a number of people have fingered as a newbie scum. Jumping on the DGK bandwagon. Why would they do the bandwagon after blasting two people for the same on day 1? And why would you bandwagon so easily when you are someone who has already made clear your hatred of it? Answer: S/he already knew, before Grandis cop post, that DGK was a townie and wanted to get the free townie kill because they thought everyone would bandwagon DGK hard (which we did) and maybe drop the hammer. Also: What kind of rear end in a top hat hangs a fellow scum out to dry? Why wouldn't you try to help them post better?

I can see this from WWM's perspective. If I thought an experienced player and a new player were both scum, I'd want to lynch the more experienced player first. The longer you leave inexperienced scum alive, the more likely they are to make it obvious who their scum buddies are.

Gridlocked posted:

e)WWM now thinks DC is a scum, citing the "no lynch" was suspicious. Blames Shanakin and DGK. Hold up there son, you just annoyed at two people for voting DC to death, wanted me to reinforce that I thought DC was a townie and are NOW upset that the no lynch happened? YOU could have voted for her, but you didn't. And yet here you are saying it's Shanakin and DGK's fault that she didn't get lynched. It sure does look like someone is protecting DC, but it ain't Shanakin or DGK.

f) WWM reiterates his/her belief that Shanakin, DC and DGK are scum; and suggests that Shanakin and DGK are attempting to pull votes off of DC. This is odd considering that, as previously mentioned, s/he did made an effort to tell people off for voting for DC earlier. Again: Why would you be mad at people voting for DC and then act like DC not getting lynched was bad and you wanted her lynched all along?

See point b.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Shanakin posted:

Phone posting because my internet is living up to its reputation of being poo poo.

1. I too am curious about butt editing. That's a new one. It also brings back my earlier suspicions on BM.

2. Awkward self put downs aside, I'm willing to agree that WWWs behaviour has been a bit inconsistent and could do with some closer scrutiny.

Shanakin, can you point out which posts that you think WWM has been inconsistent in?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dead Cow posted:

It seems like an unnecessary bus to me. Shanakin had one other vote and WWM goes in hard with his case.

I know people bus, but I don't understand what WWM's motivation would be to bus here. Shanakin wasn't under any threat at the time and there doesn't seem to be any connection between them before that which would indicate they were scum buds.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So FV do you think WWM is scum or not?

Also considering you were asking after both Shanakin and myself: do you think we are both scum, both townies or a mix?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think DC is the most likely scum.

D1 she posted a lot of negative posts about Kleedrac, but without actually committing to calling him scum or voting him. 1 2 3

When I asked her to clarify her position on Kleedrac, she hedged and wouldn't commit to an alignment call. 1 2

These are scummy behaviours because they allow her to put pressure on a player without being seen as a prime instigator in their lynch, while at the same time giving her the ability to be wrong about that player and later say "well I wasn't sure".

Today her opinions on WWM and Shanakin dont make a lot of sense, unless you are assuming that WWM came out early bussing his companion who was in no current danger. Yes, it is possible for that scenario to occur, but is it the most likely scenario? DC is really having to follow a convoluted thought process to make her opinions line up with the content in the game. This is really anti-Occam's razor. DC is stating that the most unlikely version of events are probably true.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

So FV do you think WWM is scum or not?

Also considering you were asking after both Shanakin and myself: do you think we are both scum, both townies or a mix?

No, I think WWM is town.

I think you're town too. I dont agree with your case on WWM but I think it shows that you're thinking and engaged with the game and being honest with your thought processes.

Shanakin is probably scum. All of his posts scream newbie and a lot of them are pretty scummy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

D1 she posted a lot of negative posts about Kleedrac, but without actually committing to calling him scum or voting him. 1 2 3

When I asked her to clarify her position on Kleedrac, she hedged and wouldn't commit to an alignment call. 1 2

These are scummy behaviours because they allow her to put pressure on a player without being seen as a prime instigator in their lynch, while at the same time giving her the ability to be wrong about that player and later say "well I wasn't sure".

Today her opinions on WWM and Shanakin dont make a lot of sense, unless you are assuming that WWM came out early bussing his companion who was in no current danger. Yes, it is possible for that scenario to occur, but is it the most likely scenario? DC is really having to follow a convoluted thought process to make her opinions line up with the content in the game. This is really anti-Occam's razor. DC is stating that the most unlikely version of events are probably true.

Did you notice in my posts about WWM I had a DC connection? Maybe I was looking at it the wrong way.

Also you didn't answer my question about myself or Shanakin. Do you not love me FV :(?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Nevermind that 2nd sentence I replied too fast.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

Did you notice in my posts about WWM I had a DC connection? Maybe I was looking at it the wrong way.

Also you didn't answer my question about myself or Shanakin. Do you not love me FV :(?

I don't like trying to make connections between unflipped players. You're building too much of a theory on guesses.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Someone else has said it better than me already this game. Let me see if I can find the post.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It was about chain lynches, but the point is the same.

Quandary posted:

Honestly the main reason I think chain lynches are bad is that they're distracting and completely irrelevant. Discuss the impact of someone's scum flip after they flip scum when you actually know a flip, not before.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It was about chain lynches, but the point is the same.

Yes I can see that is very true.

So maybe I am wrong about WWM and will ##unvote for now. However DC was on my suspect list and I see she is on yours too. Am very very tempted to vote for her now.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Shanakin, can you point out which posts that you think WWM has been inconsistent in?

Welp I got nothing. I was pretty convinced by grid when he presented his explanation and regrettably trusted it on face value. However now that you've poked a bunch of holes in it, and I've gone back I see we've confused the timeline somewhat by looking at player post history pages.

I kinda wish we weren't made unconfirmed masons, as it makes it harder for everyone else to trust us, but also leads us to feeding awkward newbie ideas off each other. I can understand why he did it, and don't really object, but it has been a bit awkward.

##Unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Shanakin posted:

Welp I got nothing. I was pretty convinced by grid when he presented his explanation and regrettably trusted it on face value. However now that you've poked a bunch of holes in it, and I've gone back I see we've confused the timeline somewhat by looking at player post history pages.

I kinda wish we weren't made unconfirmed masons, as it makes it harder for everyone else to trust us, but also leads us to feeding awkward newbie ideas off each other. I can understand why he did it, and don't really object, but it has been a bit awkward.

##Unvote

Based on your interactions with Grid in your masonry, do you think he is being honest with you? do you think he is being honest with everyone else in this thread?

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

I don't think so, but he's a significantly better poker player than I am.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

I suppose theoretically he could have invited my to play blood bowl as a distraction both to burn my pastries and prevent my voting but it seems unlikely.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Shanakin posted:

You don't think he's being honest?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

I suppose theoretically he could have invited my to play blood bowl as a distraction both to burn my pastries and prevent my voting but it seems unlikely.

With my dying PC in order to show you that it is in fact dying, unlike what playing an hour of CS in front of you failed to do.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You don't think he's being honest?
Sorry, I don't think he's lying or being dishonest.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

The one time we have played poker in recent memory I only won because I called another friends bluff while I was sitting on 2 pair anyway.

And Shanakin hadn't played poker before that night.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
FV: Do you suspect DC or Shanakin more?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

FV: Do you suspect DC or Shanakin more?

DC.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Follow up questions:

Why is DC voting for Shanakin then? He is doing a good job of hiding it from me if he is getting thrown under the bus by her; dosen't seem to care.

Also if Shanakin (or myself) gets lynched and comes up mafia, will you believe the other is innocent? Being somewhat selfish here but if my mate gets blaped I have a bad feeling people will, incorrectly, assume I am scum.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Because my focus was on bowmore, and later on bowmore, you and wwm

I dropped you from the equation because you actually started sounding like you weren't being influenced by outside knowledge.

I think wwm is bussing shanakin because shanakin is very obviously scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

Follow up questions:

Why is DC voting for Shanakin then? He is doing a good job of hiding it from me if he is getting thrown under the bus by her; dosen't seem to care.

Also if Shanakin (or myself) gets lynched and comes up mafia, will you believe the other is innocent? Being somewhat selfish here but if my mate gets blaped I have a bad feeling people will, incorrectly, assume I am scum.

The problem with your questions is that you are assuming I think both DC and Shanakin are scum together.

While I do think they are both scum, my opinion of each is irrespective of the alignment of the other. I'm not trying to tie my thoughts about them together, because I am still keeping in mind that I could be wrong about one or both.

As for your second question, I don't know. It would depend on who flipped. It would depend on future posts from both of you. It would depend on who voted and the reasons they gave for voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dead Cow posted:

Because my focus was on bowmore, and later on bowmore, you and wwm

I dropped you from the equation because you actually started sounding like you weren't being influenced by outside knowledge.

I think wwm is bussing shanakin because shanakin is very obviously scum.

So if we lynched Shanakin and he was scum you don't think it is possible that WWM was just town who thought he was scum?

Quandary has also made a case on Shanakin. Is he scum too?

• Locked thread