Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Grandicap posted:

Also, yeah, cool with voting Dead Cow. ##vote DC

Ah, the old D1 policy lynch of dead cow. Ok.

##vote Dead Cow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Dead Cow

would vote DGK too

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Poque posted:

would vote DGK too

Kinda dont really care, hth.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DGK2000 posted:

I'm in agreeance. His self-vote wasn't weird, and he sure as poo poo wasn't frantic.

##vote Dead Cow

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Dead Cow

how did this vote somehow turn away from being meaningful to a "policy lynch"?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Poque posted:

how did this vote somehow turn away from being meaningful to a "policy lynch"?

Because a lot of the other votes are really just "Me Too!" votes. Also, because I pointed out I changed my mind earlier. Way to actually read my poo poo.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Okay, now I'm back home. Time to take a look at things that I skimmed over.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
sorry, are you being unpleasant to me for any particular reason?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Poque posted:

This is generally how I play this game. There are far angrier mafia players. I'm sorry you never experienced them.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

DGK2000 posted:

Were you riding Bowmore because of his throwing shade on Klee, or his voting on me about the klee thing. Or was it both?

I assume shade = suspicion. My thought was that "ok bowmore is suspicious of kleedrac for [reason - don't remember why he said he was suspicious, it's irrelevant]; coincidentally I, too, am suspicious of Kleedrac, and I'm voting him - wait, now bowmore is voting me?"

Felt like he was ok with just putting his vote anywhere

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm really not liking DGK right now, but I feel like avoiding a no vote out is also important on D1, and I'm not sure there's enough people to get him voted out.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

I assume shade = suspicion. My thought was that "ok bowmore is suspicious of kleedrac for [reason - don't remember why he said he was suspicious, it's irrelevant]; coincidentally I, too, am suspicious of Kleedrac, and I'm voting him - wait, now bowmore is voting me?"

Felt like he was ok with just putting his vote anywhere

Im pretty sure shade is what the kids say these days for suspicion.

Poque posted:

It's really not personal either, I'm a pretty nice guy.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
There's been so much back and forth it was kind of hard to keep track of things so I went ahead and did a quick vote count. Warning: haven't had my morning coffee yet and I got up like 15minutes ago. It should be good though I think. Feel free to correct any mistakes.

quote:

The Current Day 1 Votecount

Kleedrac (1): Meinberg, Kleedrac, Gridlocked, -Meinberg, -Kleedrac, Grandicap, Meinberg, WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS, -Kleedrac, -Grandicap,
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0): fiery_valkyrie, bowmore, -bowmore, -fiery_valkyrie,
bowmore (2): Grandicap, -Grandicap, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Dead Cow, DGK2000, -DGK2000
Dead Cow (4): Poque, DGK2000, -DGK2000,-Poque, bowmore, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, DGK2000
DGK2000 (1): bowmore, Shanakin, -bowmore
Poque (0): Meinberg, Grandicap, -Grandicap, -Meinberg, DGK2000, -DGK2000
Meinberg (1): DGK2000, -DGK2000, Kleedrac,

Not Voting (4): Kleedrac, Quandary, QuoProQuid, Poque,

I'm sure an official vote count will come along soon enough but so much had gone on since the last one.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Shanakin posted:

There's been so much back and forth it was kind of hard to keep track of things so I went ahead and did a quick vote count. Warning: haven't had my morning coffee yet and I got up like 15minutes ago. It should be good though I think. Feel free to correct any mistakes.

I'm sure an official vote count will come along soon enough but so much had gone on since the last one.

You can always check the original post in the thread, there is a live vote counter there.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Shanakin posted:

A) Ecco is away, so the deadline is ~floating~
B) Ecco is actually using the votefinder now, like a civilized person.

C) We have like 1 minutes before the deadline could come down.

##vote Dead Cow

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

DGK2000 posted:

##vote Dead Cow

If you feel that people are policy lynching why dont you

1) not vote along with it
2) make a case on one of the players you think is most suspicious for going along with it.

Seriously this is terrible. You're implying that the people voting Dead Cow are scummy at the same time as you add your vote to the pile.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg posted:

A) Ecco is away, so the deadline is ~floating~
B) Ecco is actually using the votefinder now, like a civilized person.

C) We have like 1 minutes before the deadline could come down.

##vote Dead Cow

Deadline is in an hour (assuming its not even floating). Do you think DC is scum?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
For reference my skype date starts in about 10 minutes and normally lasts 1-2 hours, so I mean it when I say it's floating! It's so floating it is lighter than air!!! It is escaping the atmosphere as we speak.

Okay I am done padding my postcount until the deadline, here is a votecount:

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Dead Cow (6): Poque, DGK2000, -DGK2000, -Poque, bowmore, Poque, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, DGK2000, Meinberg
bowmore (2): Grandicap, -Grandicap, WHICH WAY MADNESS, Dead Cow, DGK2000, -DGK2000
DGK2000 (1): bowmore, Shanakin, -bowmore
Meinberg (1): DGK2000, -DGK2000, Kleedrac
Kleedrac (1): Meinberg, Kleedrac, Gridlocked, -Meinberg, -Kleedrac, Grandicap, Meinberg, WHICH WAY MADNESS, -WHICH WAY MADNESS, -Grandicap, -Meinberg
WHICH WAY MADNESS (0): fiery_valkyrie, bowmore, -bowmore, -fiery_valkyrie
Poque (0): Meinberg, Grandicap, -Grandicap, -Meinberg, DGK2000, -DGK2000

Not Voting (2): Quandary, QuoProQuid

:h: With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- but it is ~FLOATING~

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Deadline is in an hour (assuming its not even floating). Do you think DC is scum?

Time zones!!!

##unvote

I rushed through things and didn't get a good read. I really don't care for her interactions with Bowmore, but I gotta give her another look.

Meinberg style ambivalence, woo.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

If you feel that people are policy lynching why dont you

1) not vote along with it
2) make a case on one of the players you think is most suspicious for going along with it.

Seriously this is terrible. You're implying that the people voting Dead Cow are scummy at the same time as you add your vote to the pile.

I don't like bowmore. I dont like poque. I wrote poo poo about bowmore, nobody really cared. Poque is making sure not to post too terribly much with anything particularly useful. His posts are largely about poo poo not game related, which is scummy. I'd much rather we lynched one of them, but Im also not going to be the holdout to create a nolynch on D1.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You can always check the original post in the thread, there is a live vote counter there.

oooh.ooooh. That's magical. I've never seen one of those before in a mafia game (probably because this is my first one in like 5 years?). God Bless technology.

One more vote and DC gets lynched.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
##unvote

Choo-choo all aboard the kill someone on turn 1 for no real reason train.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
##vote Dead Cow

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

DGK2000 posted:

Meinberg is loving useless. On D1, I mean. I fully expect him to not suck on D2. If he's still like when I played more often, he gets a lot better the longer the game is. Kinda like I do.

People who defend me tend to be scum. This is a scummy post. Look at the buddying.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Meinberg posted:

People who defend me tend to be scum. This is a scummy post. Look at the buddying.

It was more of a humblebrag. Also, you've been loving useless so far. Im going off of meta from like, 10 months ago. Deal with it.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

##unvote while I eat.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Just analyzing votefinder for the day I'd put my top three scum at bowmore, wwm, and fiery. Thank you.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

I'm just going to get this over and done with.

It's hard to really say if DC is scum or not, but even after all that we don't have too0 much to go on either way. So Dead Cow, should become Dead Dead Cow, because there's something vaguely suspicious and it will net us some information in the aftermath.

##Vote Dead Cow

I think that should be 7

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

bowmore and fiery are the only two who voted on wwm

wwm put a vote on bowmore and fiery and bowmore are on me, which puts wwm in a nice position to hammer.

Hope this helps.

Second scenerio is both the non voters are lurking scum fucks.

I am vt, hope this helps

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Shanakin posted:

It's hard to really say if DC is scum or not, but even after all that we don't have too0 much to go on either way. So Dead Cow, should become Dead Dead Cow, because there's something vaguely suspicious and it will net us some information in the aftermath.

##Vote Dead Cow

I think that should be 7

that was not hammer

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Shanakin posted:

I think that should be 7

This thread is picking up speed.

Dead Cow posted:

Just analyzing votefinder for the day I'd put my top three scum at bowmore, wwm, and fiery. Thank you.

actually I'm curious, could you elaborate a bit on the patterns?

##unvote

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Shanakin posted:

oooh.ooooh. That's magical. I've never seen one of those before in a mafia game (probably because this is my first one in like 5 years?). God Bless technology.

One more vote and DC gets lynched.

Shanakin posted:

##Vote Dead Cow

I think that should be 7

Pretty eager there. Also, who are you? Oh, the vote count guy. Way to try to seem helpful.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Shanakin posted:

This thread is picking up speed.

##unvote

I did in the post below your vote

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shanakin posted:

I too would actually like the patterns. I am poo poo at analysing them.

##unvote

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Dead Cow posted:

Second scenerio is both the non voters are lurking scum fucks.

I am vt, hope this helps

VT?

Anyway, not voting at all is probably a better reason to vote for someone than anything I've seen so far.

##Vote Quandry

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Joke votes tend to go on either big names (people everyone knows), friends (haha i'm gonna vote you cause we just played in this game together, etc), or scum buddies (haha i'm gonna come up with a ~random~ reason to vote and call it a joke vote)

It's one of the reasons why I didn't like kleedrac's early interactions, and the main reason why I super dislike bowmore 'forgetting' he didn't vote at all.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

Pretty eager there. Also, who are you? Oh, the vote count guy. Way to try to seem helpful.
*shrug* Vote count machine is awesome, and means I don't have to do that tedious counting again.

Dead Cow posted:

I did in the post below your vote

Yeah, it seems so, but stuff keeps getting posted as I post. Anyway I'm gonna get some food myself.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Shanakin posted:

VT?

Anyway, not voting at all is probably a better reason to vote for someone than anything I've seen so far.

##Vote Quandry

VT is vanilla town

Don't lynch a lurker day 1, that's bad. You get NO info out of it at all.

Vote me over a lurker, and a lurker over a no lynch

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

Dead Cow posted:

VT is vanilla town

Don't lynch a lurker day 1, that's bad. You get NO info out of it at all.

Vote me over a lurker, and a lurker over a no lynch

Huh. Lynching Lurkers was a thing last time I played, but as I said that was ages ago on a different website. Do we not learn their identity and so on after they are killed here?

I'll ##unvote and come read the thread again after some food.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dead Cow posted:

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I don't wanna vote for DC now. She is being more helpful to a newbie then anyone else so far; I ain't gonna dick move on my first vote.

• Locked thread