Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Junior G-man posted:

Wow, that looks really impressively bad :suicide:

^LUCIFER

"For the first time, in roughly 10 billion years" (he FEELS something) totally made me laugh. That is the most arbitrary number of years for the Devil EVER. Are they going full science? Not really? For Religious people? Not really. That's the weirdest summary, like a bored teenager wrote it.

The track record of Sci-fi on network TV is abysmal, whether you want to be a jerk about it or not. With a few rare exceptions, it's either VERY VERY STUPID and lives a while, get's cancelled really fast because nerds don't watch live TV, or it's completely dumb AND get's canned.

And Almost Human was really good, so :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm sad The Following got canceled and no one here was hate watching its third terrible season

Oh I WAS. Dude on death row, who's escaped before, on his way to CHEMICAL DEATH, surrounded by two(3?) guards and 3 civilians, takes them ALL OUT with a single shiv and forces a hostage situation where Ryan Hardy has to come talk to him. :laffo:

You can't make that poo poo up! (poor Michael Ealy :( )

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Jericho was probably the craziest version of COMPLETELY SUCKED AT FIRST, and then turned over into something cool, that I've ever seen. It's some kind of weird anomaly. 99.99999% of the time, if the first 4 episodes still suck, then the show sucks, but Jericho somehow improved drastically after that. Weird. but FUN!

I don't like that first Seth McFarlane cartoon at all, (remember that one time/repeat the entire sentence in cartoon :suicide:)but to be honest I had no idea what other things he was ever involved in. I do, however, think that a Million Ways to Die in the West, was very very funny. So I guess I'm on some kind of middle of the road Seth McFarlane can be funny in the right circumstances stance. = I don't judge one way or the other I guess.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

joepinetree posted:

The jericho pilot has probably the worst use of music in the history of tv. Every scene had to have over the top mood music. TENSE MUSIC. HEARTFELT MUSIC.

Also this weird B- feeling cast that was completely unlikeable and all seemed like if not just incredibly annoying, than even worse, like total idiots at first. I don't think bizarro Johnny depp helped when it came down to the b-level actor comparisons.

I don't actually remember the music, but I totally believe you! I just haven't watched in awhile so I assume I would really :laffo: now if I did.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Jericho got awesome so fast because they managed to stick In a ton of f yeah moments and people not being stupid in a Very short amount of time and a good way. I'm not touting the series as one of the best things ever, just a very weird anomaly than went from bad to gently caress Yeah!!! In a really short amount of time. It's not like it has a lot of episodes, so if you want to make your own opinion, it's not a huge commitment.

• Locked thread