Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm gonna beat The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

this is my goal

this is the only 3d zelda ive played and i never beat it, if i like it i might play more of them

i started a new game last night and got to zelda and then went to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i thought it was cool how fast it just throws you into the first dungeon

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
It's a good game, I never played the 3d version though but good luck!

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Make sure you get all the skulltulas. Might need to play with headphones if you wanna find them all though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Make sure you get all the skulltulas. Might need to play with headphones if you wanna find them all though.

why

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive kinda relaxed on collecting everything in a game

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Choo choo! I have to make a stop.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Unless you absolutely adore collectatons there is no reason to try and get them all.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Zelda games are known for their difficulty, OP. I'm not sure you're going to be able to beat this one - but, I'm rooting for you.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

Zelda games are known for their difficulty, OP. I'm not sure you're going to be able to beat this one - but, I'm rooting for you.

thank you

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

i hope you enjoy your time with this game, and play the good sequel Majora's Mask 3D

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

man nurse posted:

i hope you enjoy your time with this game, and play the good sequel Majora's Mask 3D

i already have wind waker hd so if i want to continue ill play that next

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i already have wind waker hd so if i want to continue ill play that next
Wind Waker's really good.

It's also a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time with some really cool callbacks so it's a good choice to play right after.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Every Zelda game mentioned in this thread so far is good and you should play all of them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Every Zelda game mentioned in this thread so far is good and you should play all of them.

this is my first step, we will see

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*knowing nod* Nice thread tag.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not sure if the 3D version has changed it but in the original there was never a real reason other than collectivism to get all 100 golden skulltulas.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

ive only beaten oot once. i always replay it until i get to the shadow temple and then i just quit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

ive only beaten oot once. i always replay it until i get to the shadow temple and then i just quit.

i think when i first got this copy and was playing it i did one dungeon as adult link and then started playing somehting else

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Be careful in your quest against Ganon, OP.

Tip for Windwaker when and if you get to it: make sure your sister doesn't get kidnapped! If you do, you're going to spend a lot of the game trying to rescue her!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Be careful in your quest against Ganon, OP.

Tip for Windwaker when and if you get to it: make sure your sister doesn't get kidnapped! If you do, you're going to spend a lot of the game trying to rescue her!

thats a good tip for life

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Not sure if the 3D version has changed it but in the original there was never a real reason other than collectivism to get all 100 golden skulltulas.

Did the 3d version fix the bug that let you get infinite skulls off the one spider near the castle? Because i think that's the only way I ever collected 100

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Fredrik1 posted:

Unless you absolutely adore collectatons there is no reason to try and get them all.

seiferguy posted:

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Did the 3d version fix the bug that let you get infinite skulls off the one spider near the castle? Because i think that's the only way I ever collected 100
drat look at all these freaking scrubs. Just because it doesn't put a little star next to your savegame doesn't mean that you shouldn't feel that overwhelming sense of accomplishment from completing an epic task in one of the most awesome gaming experiences of the past century. Christ.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i understand collecting everything, and have done it many times before, but i probably wont do it now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whirlwind Jones posted:

drat look at all these freaking scrubs. Just because it doesn't put a little star next to your savegame doesn't mean that you shouldn't feel that overwhelming sense of accomplishment from completing an epic task in one of the most awesome gaming experiences of the past century. Christ.

The gold skultula hunting has always just seemed boring to me, and Ibe probably beaten OoT like 10 times throughout my life

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive been worn down by years of achievements and daily missions and dlc i just want to beat a game and feel like im done with it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

ive been worn down by years of achievements and daily missions and dlc i just want to beat a game and feel like im done with it
This is the correct way to approach Zelda games. None of them are fast-paced, you can take your time and enjoy the experience and not have to worry about missing anything by rushing through. Just play the bits you like.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A full blow 3D Zelda with world design like Link Between Worlds is going to be so epic

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

A full blow 3D Zelda with world design like Link Between Worlds is going to be so epic

im glad the delayed it, when they showed that video at the game awards last year it just seemed so big and empty, and when they announced the delay they admitted that learning what they can do with an open world is why

that could be bullshit, but it could be promising

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

im glad the delayed it, when they showed that video at the game awards last year it just seemed so big and empty, and when they announced the delay they admitted that learning what they can do with an open world is why

that could be bullshit, but it could be promising

I was wary when they were mentioning like, Skyrim and saying crap like "you can look at a mountain and walk to it!". But since then I played LBW and they delayed it and it seems like they're figuring it all out. I trust them

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

elf help book posted:

I'm gonna beat The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

this is my goal

this is the only 3d zelda ive played and i never beat it, if i like it i might play more of them

i started a new game last night and got to zelda and then went to bed

Ok.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Look at a mountain and walk to it was a huge red flag lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

elf help book posted:

Yeah, a huge red flag that i'm going to buy and enjoy this incredible epic game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

It's funny because they already did that 17 years ago in OoT with super ominous Death Mountain always visible from Hyrule Field

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's funny because they already did that 17 years ago in OoT with super ominous Death Mountain always visible from Hyrule Field
They did that already with Death Mountain in Link to the Past. I saw the mountain, then I walked to the mountain.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thank for your support

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You should record yourself playing it and do a Let's Play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

They did that already with Death Mountain in Link to the Past. I saw the mountain, then I walked to the mountain.

Link to the Past and Oracle of Ages are the only two Zelda games I've never played...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But he'll you do it in Links Awakening DX. The mountain is right there on the drat start screen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

[Link singing in Stevie Nicks voice]: I climbed Death Mountain and I turned around...

• Locked thread