Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Link to the Past and Oracle of Ages are the only two Zelda games I've never played...
LTTP is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Link to the Past and Oracle of Ages are the only two Zelda games I've never played...

LTTP is my favorite Zelda game. I don't know what it would be like to play it after having played all the other Zelda's tho.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

:wtc:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's kick off the crowd sourced database of games where you can see a mountain and then walk to it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am gonna do this but I have to beat Link to the Past first

Actually then I have to beat Link Between Worlds

I kinda own a lot of Zelda games I have just been sitting on, here.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A Link to the Past is hands down the best Zelda game, and A Link Between Worlds is a fantastic game for using that as a background.

The only Zelda games I haven't played are the Oracle games. I've played Skyward Sword but have yet to beat it.

Dec 26, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

[Link singing in Stevie Nicks voice]: I climbed Death Mountain and I turned around...

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Legend of Zelda series is extremely good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Link's motherfucking Awakening.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
what if all of this is just the dream of the windfish

makes u think

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

seiferguy posted:

A Link to the Past is hands down the best Zelda game, and A Link Between Worlds is a fantastic game for using that as a background.

The only Zelda games I haven't played are the Oracle games. I've played Skyward Sword but have yet to beat it.

You should play the oracle games because they are really fucken good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Sharmat posted:

what if all of this is just the dream of the windfish

makes u think

*begins penning pitch for Cracked dot com*

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
1. Scientists haven't completely ruled out that the universe isn't just the dream of the Wind Fish

2. This nebula looks like a penis

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

the only zelda games i havent played are the cd-i games, tingles rupeeland games, links crossbow training, and tetra's trackers.

ie ive played all the real zelda games, and you should too.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

We should have a thread for every series in Imp Zone where we can name the best one. Legend of Zelda? Easy, Ocarina of Time. Ok, I'm going to make the Mario thread.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i really like link between worlds. it was good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

We should have a thread for every series in Imp Zone where we can name the best one. Legend of Zelda? Easy, Ocarina of Time. Ok, I'm going to make the Mario thread.
Imp Zone PYF Best Game Megathread: Do Not Discuss Dark Souls Here

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

dont do this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i beat king dodongo and unlocked the zora village

the way the dodongo cave loops around onto itself and you end up on top of the giant skull is real cool, the 2d games do that stuff a lot but its more impressive in a 3d cave not built on a grid

i remember last time i played i dont know why but i was being real stubborn and trying dumb things and getting annoyed, like i tried to jump into the big spinning thing in the goron village over and over and i had problems beating king dodongo i dont know why, maybe i was trying to kill it with normal bombs instead of bomb flowers lol

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtEcja0LUI

Soral
May 30, 2009

you get the 200 rupee wallet for getting 10 skulltulas op, which is pretty useful, dont bother with the rest of them,

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
that family will remain cursed forever for your negligence

Soral
May 30, 2009

the spider family got what they deserved imo

Soral
May 30, 2009

if i could slay the spider family like so many big skulltulas before my blade then i would, for their crimes of greed

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
occupy kakariko

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gently caress YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the nice thing about Zelda is that you can always go back and look for the Skulltulas later if you want to, or the heart pieces, or anything else. you can just kind of relax and collect what you want to, and come back for more after you have completed the game.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

[Link singing in Stevie Nicks voice]: I climbed Death Mountain and I turned around...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope theres a sequel to link's awakening, that is exactly the same except more content, because i never wanted that game to end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i hope theres a sequel to link's awakening, that is exactly the same except more content, because i never wanted that game to end

good news comrade, oracle of ages and seasons are literally that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

good news comrade, oracle of ages and seasons are literally that

oh im loving trashed i meant to say link between worlds

but yeah all the 2D zeldas are at worst "really good" it's always fun to go back and replay the weirder ones

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh im loving trashed i meant to say link between worlds

but yeah all the 2D zeldas are at worst "really good" it's always fun to go back and replay the weirder ones

gently caress yeah. link between worlds ruled, i thought it was just going to be a dumb cash grab but it was actually crazy good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Fungah! posted:

gently caress yeah. link between worlds ruled, i thought it was just going to be a dumb cash grab but it was actually crazy good

trust nintendo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel confident in saying that there will be another Zelda game for the 3Ds

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

trust nintendo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The only tip for wind waker HD is to go to the auction at night at windfall and leave until the fast sail appears then win it for 275 rupees

Auto adjusts wind position and is 100% faster

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sailing owns though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

sailing owns though

even with the fast sail in HD i felt there was too much sailing lmao modern sandboxes with teleport waypoints everywhere have spoiled me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres going to be a nintendo direct tomorrow at noon EST for nintendo's E3 plans. ownage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres going to be a nintendo direct tomorrow at noon EST for nintendo's E3 plans. ownage

gently caress yeah. hope e3's got a release date for xenoblade x

• Locked thread