Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What confuses me the most about this game is the fauna. What are all these creatures? What genus does Yoshi belong to?

Could you supply us with some Latin names of the species in 'Super Mario World'? That way I might be able to find some biology research articles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Carbon dioxide posted:

What genus does Yoshi belong to?

What's a "Yoshi"?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Way to get ahead of the LP

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Yoshi?" Is that a spoiler\? please put it in spoiler tags if it's a spoiler.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
wtf man ive never played this game before and that guy just ruined my lp experience by spoiling whatever "joshy" is for me. other than that guy spoiling important details i think thread this is v. good and i will be watching this lp for cool people and friends of cool people that may not necessarily be cool but you include them because deep down you actually like them despite what your friends think.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Yoshi is the japanese word for "checkpoint", which we are avoiding.

DrLaserfalcon
Nov 7, 2010
Could you be a bit more deconstructionist in your next level? I felt like there was a bit too much adherence to Mario-centric language and tropes.

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Questions

All these Questions and more will be answered as soon as I stop being so addicted to GTA V. so probably tonight. Maybe.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
The second last video was a tad loud, could you tone back the commentary in it a little bit?

Also I directed some fan art for your lp

Should be out on youtube any day now. My friend Dennis played Bowow pretty good seeing as he's been dead for some time now.

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Skippy Granola posted:

That's for using Roberto Luongo for that last level. Now I can't make the "cinnamon mini-buns" joke I was going to make when you were climbing on the fences.

Roberta Longo will be in another video soon don't worry.

Blind Sally posted:

i don't know about "that one secret". please let me in on "that one secret".

I would but then doctor's would hate me

Carbon dioxide posted:

What confuses me the most about this game is the fauna. What are all these creatures? What genus does Yoshi belong to?

Could you supply us with some Latin names of the species in 'Super Mario World'? That way I might be able to find some biology research articles.

Ah, seems like someone knew about my degree in biology! Yes, I handle this next video!

Mega64 posted:

What's a "Yoshi"?

In do time, child. In do time.

Anyways here is the next video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqp0OcYlAsI

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

God, b.sally is just the worst. You need to scrub that poo poo out for days. Anyways, I completely agree with your assertion that Mario and Longo are the true villains of Super Mario Bros. and to prove my point I shall blindly post this YouTube video I have not actually watched yet says Mario is evil by noted Internet PhD. and Not A Guy Who Just Talks poo poo Out Of His rear end With No Regard For Any Actual School Of Critical Theory guy "The Game Theorist".

Check mate atheists :homebrew::colbert::homebrew:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, is there a reason you haven't been getting the Super Mario Coins? Becuase you need a good number of those for the true ending.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I take it this is a survival horror game and the reason you can't shoot enemies is that you haven't been given any guns or ammo yet?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SelenicMartian posted:

I take it this is a survival horror game and the reason you can't shoot enemies is that you haven't been given any guns or ammo yet?

Gotta unlock those skill trees first bro

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

SelenicMartian posted:

This is still the prologue, like the forest at the start of Silent Hill 2. The really spooky stuff is coming up soon.

On NG+ you can get a grenade launcher by this point though.

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

Mario and Longo are so powerful you don't need guns for them. It's more of a horror game for the enemies, really. You'll see that in this video when I accidentally murder a poor cave parrot ;'<

Rarity posted:

Gotta unlock those skill trees first bro

The skill trees aren't visible until world 5 I believe.

Here is part 8!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7Ia8TBK_0

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I know it's a bit late in the playthrough, but I'd like to see you take more renegade options.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
In the online multiplayer, are goombas and turtles the only classes you can choose from? I was never able to unlock the bats or buzzy classes.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

gently caress you, I love beetles! I mean, not Buzzy Beetles, they're assholes, but beetles in general are rad dudes. :colbert:

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

dancingbears posted:

gently caress you, I love beetles! I mean, not Buzzy Beetles, they're assholes, but beetles in general are rad dudes. :colbert:

Buzzy Beetles are the worst, but the ones we will see later are quite awesome!

Digital Jello posted:

In the online multiplayer, are goombas and turtles the only classes you can choose from? I was never able to unlock the bats or buzzy classes.

I will do an entire video about the multiplayer soon

Fister Roboto posted:

I know it's a bit late in the playthrough, but I'd like to see you take more renegade options.

Longo is intrinsically renegade, as we will see in this video.

This video right here:
http://youtu.be/ykG5G02doQE

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
I have a fear of ghosts and that video nearly gave me a heart attack. I'm still recovering, my hands are trembling as I type this. Please put warnings on future videos that might contain ghosts. I was told that Mario was a family friendly game and I was not prepared for such graphic horror.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Hey just curious, are you using a trainer to allow Longo to run? Because the Korean SMW Competitive Championship Port Authority frowns on the use of trainers and are pretty inflexible and issue a lot of lifetime bans when they spot competitors using trainers

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Longo always runs in that level because she's scared of the ghosts.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Longo also gets her skill tree way earlier than Mario, so you can unlock running fairly early.

I won't count using skill trees as power ups.

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Brony Hunter posted:

I have a fear of ghosts and that video nearly gave me a heart attack. I'm still recovering, my hands are trembling as I type this. Please put warnings on future videos that might contain ghosts. I was told that Mario was a family friendly game and I was not prepared for such graphic horror.

Don't worry, we won't be seeing any spoopy ghosts for awhile.

Tin Hat posted:

Hey just curious, are you using a trainer to allow Longo to run? Because the Korean SMW Competitive Championship Port Authority frowns on the use of trainers and are pretty inflexible and issue a lot of lifetime bans when they spot competitors using trainers
I defer you to what Stanfield said below:

Stanfield posted:

Longo always runs in that level because she's scared of the ghosts.

Though to be fair it's less she's scared of the ghosts and more she is trying to escape her past the haunts her like said ghosts.

kalonZombie posted:

Longo also gets her skill tree way earlier than Mario, so you can unlock running fairly early.

I won't count using skill trees as power ups.

True, but you still don't see it till world 5, it's just Longo has the ability to get to world 5 much sooner then Mario because of her street smarts.

No video today because I literally slept for like 10 hours today. There will be at least two tomorrow, though. As long as the horrible dreams stop, that is.\

Edit: Here is a single video. I think the storm messed up my mic, gonna have to get a new one tomorrow.
http://youtu.be/ChJO6y8fzYU

Tubofun fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 17, 2015

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Are you okay? Is this game too powerful an emotional experience for you now?

Maybe even bad games like Super Mario World can elicit a powerful response.

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Skippy Granola posted:

Are you okay? Is this game too powerful an emotional experience for you now?

Maybe even bad games like Super Mario World can elicit a powerful response.

Man I dunno just been having weird dreams ever since I started this LP. I'm sure it's nothing though

Anyways, got a new mic, tell me how it sounds. I think it makes me sound funny, honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH0CsaWknSo

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
not since vicas and uzworm screaming at colon v have i been hype about a mario world lets pee

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Tubofun posted:

Man I dunno just been having weird dreams ever since I started this LP. I'm sure it's nothing though

Anyways, got a new mic, tell me how it sounds. I think it makes me sound funny, honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH0CsaWknSo

I don't hear any difference. Might it be an emulator issue?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Your new mic sounds incredible. Way better than your old one. Please use this one for the rest of the LP and never go back to using your old mic ever.

tia

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I find this LP equally confusing and enchanting.

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

King of Bleh posted:

I find this LP equally confusing and enchanting.

Yeah Nintendo games never make sense.

nine-gear crow posted:

Your new mic sounds incredible. Way better than your old one. Please use this one for the rest of the LP and never go back to using your old mic ever.

tia

Sorry dude, I had to switch back. Couldn't handle the new one.

Mico posted:

not since vicas and uzworm screaming at colon v have i been hype about a mario world lets pee

Please don't pee on me

Anyways here is the next video I hope you enjoy it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKCISzNhFNs

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
choice of songs for the videos so far have been ace

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

How did you unlock running for Longo? We still can't access world 5 yet.

Are you using a Gaming Djinni?

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

kalonZombie posted:

How did you unlock running for Longo? We still can't access world 5 yet.

Are you using a Gaming Djinni?

The framerate is just so high it looks like shes running when she isn't

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is this LP gonna end in you getting murdered by Dryzen too?

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
The story's getting rather complex, I'm having a lot of trouble following all of the alternate routes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Digital Jello posted:

The story's getting rather complex, I'm having a lot of trouble following all of the alternate routes.

It's easy to tell the difference, Longo's path is puzzle-oriented. The sliding blocks level wrecked me when I was a kid.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
idk wh y anyone would make a letsu playu vidlayo that is only one level long. you make a good point there. we should put a stop to peopole who do this. thanks u for raising awareness on this growering trend playging lets pee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubofun
Jul 8, 2009

Boss Wiggler posted:

idk wh y anyone would make a letsu playu vidlayo that is only one level long. you make a good point there. we should put a stop to peopole who do this. thanks u for raising awareness on this growering trend playging lets pee.

Agreed! But seriously guys, don't pee on me

nine-gear crow posted:

Is this LP gonna end in you getting murdered by Dryzen too?

I hope not, I rather enjoy my life!

Digital Jello posted:

I'll try to draw a map out when im not so... distracted.

new video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQgHU5GVVPU

• Locked thread